Author Topic: FedEx and Shipping  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
FedEx and Shipping
« on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 12:48:59 »
Okay guys, I'm going to keep this sweet.

Ordered a keyboard the other week and it's been shipped by FedEx and I've got a App for the iPhone called Parcel (Amazing app if you haven't already got it btw) and I'll get notifications whenever the shipping changes right, but, here's the kicker, it tells me something has changed and when I check it? it just shows me this, it's the same thing every time it changes. Should I be worried?

你搞砸了

Offline saturnotaku

Re: FedEx and Shipping
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 12:53:59 »
Have you checked the tracking with FedEx itself?

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 12:57:24 »

Ordered a keyboard the other week and it's been shipped by FedEx and I've got a App for the iPhone called Parcel (Amazing app if you haven't already got it btw) and I'll get notifications whenever the shipping changes right, but, here's the kicker, it tells me something has changed and when I check it? it just shows me this, it's the same thing every time it changes. Should I be worried?

Show Image

I know the app you're using -- it is pretty cool. Maybe your package is making its way through customs?
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 13:18:31 »
Nah, they are probably just playing Zapp football with it. It's a game very similar to football where they need to zapp it after a goal. Then, after the game, they count the number of times it was zapped on the tracking page to see who won.

Very common in the postage world.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 13:19:50 »
Have you checked the tracking with FedEx itself?

That is with FedEx themselves, that's using this website right here: https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack

Show Image

I know the app you're using -- it is pretty cool. Maybe your package is making its way through customs?

Well I don't know man, I've never ordered anything from China before and I'm just a little confused the date specifies that it'll be here by Friday (expected) but it doesn't look like it. I've got a few work related things to take care of on Friday and don't really want to be at home if there's no need to be :(
你搞砸了

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 13:32:55 »
Well I don't know man, I've never ordered anything from China before and I'm just a little confused the date specifies that it'll be here by Friday (expected) but it doesn't look like it. I've got a few work related things to take care of on Friday and don't really want to be at home if there's no need to be :(

Maybe the tracking information is flat out wrong? Maybe it's in the states, but just hasn't been scanned.

Hopefully this knowledge makes you feel better. LOL
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 13:39:21 »
Uh oh... I had this happen to me once... and the package got sent back, which took a week, and then resent to me, which took another week...

Hope you get urs soon.

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 17:42:02 »
Nah, they are probably just playing Zapp football with it. It's a game very similar to football where they need to zapp it after a goal. Then, after the game, they count the number of times it was zapped on the tracking page to see who won.

Very common in the postage world.

^-- this

btw, zapp football is fun!  :p
(but not nearly as fun as gnomeball)

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 05:40:31 »
Uh oh... I had this happen to me once... and the package got sent back, which took a week, and then resent to me, which took another week...

Hope you get urs soon.
Show Image

It left the facility today and is in-transit to me now, but the expected date has changed to next Friday now, bummer really. Ah well :)
你搞砸了