Author Topic: [IC] GMK Retrobot - Update 4  (Read 15465 times)

Offline deathwalker113

Re: [IC] GMK Retrobot - Update
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 06:56:36 »
some 40's support on this would be lovely mate. Love the theme!
Thanks! I will consider it.

Offline scrps

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 21:03:13 »
i checked back on the ic after a while and woah you have a cool render now. although the corner of the deskmat s are sharp and the deskmat looks flat everything else is really good in that render. the kit and case renders feel... unreal. they look like they're rendered in eevee which is a rendering engine in blender btw. eevee is good for certain situations but i don't think you should use it for ic.i recommend cycles although it may be slow and grainy you can tweak some stuff and make it pretty good without taking too long. if you wanna know more on how to switch render engine and how to make the render faster without losing too much detail dm me.
list of other stuff that needs fixing:
- numpad mods (why is the font so thin)
- all the case renders (except for the last four) have backgrounds that feel kinda weak and make it feel like it's floating in an abyss rather than sitting on a surface
renders are pretty inconsistent. render at the top looks really good then the next render has the dakota felder file's keycaps that look kinda glossy and stuff and then the rest are in eevee and are consistent but consistently bad.

airry for the rant on render engines glwic :thumb:

Offline deathwalker113

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 12:43:39 »
i checked back on the ic after a while and woah you have a cool render now. although the corner of the deskmat s are sharp and the deskmat looks flat everything else is really good in that render. the kit and case renders feel... unreal. they look like they're rendered in eevee which is a rendering engine in blender btw. eevee is good for certain situations but i don't think you should use it for ic.i recommend cycles although it may be slow and grainy you can tweak some stuff and make it pretty good without taking too long. if you wanna know more on how to switch render engine and how to make the render faster without losing too much detail dm me.
list of other stuff that needs fixing:
- numpad mods (why is the font so thin)
- all the case renders (except for the last four) have backgrounds that feel kinda weak and make it feel like it's floating in an abyss rather than sitting on a surface
renders are pretty inconsistent. render at the top looks really good then the next render has the dakota felder file's keycaps that look kinda glossy and stuff and then the rest are in eevee and are consistent but consistently bad.

airry for the rant on render engines glwic :thumb:
Thanks! I have just updated thicker font for the numpad mods.
The deskmat isn't the official one so I put it there as a plane just for the theme and I don't think anyone actually like it.

Offline deathwalker113

Re: [IC] GMK Retrobot - Update 3
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 06:46:22 »
Update 3:
   - After receiving feedback from the community about the GMK Retrobot, I have decided to remove the white armor kit from the keyset. In addition, the white armor kit will be offered as a different keyset in the future.
   - Updated new renders of the base kit, novelties and spacebars kit.
   - The deskmat for the theme is being refined

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 16:30:16 »
Your mod-colored `~ key should be R1 :)

The second pair of 1u Ctrl and Alt keys is unnecessary and can be removed.

I also think you went a bit overboard with the ISO keys. I recommend making it lighter and offering either basic ISO alphas (just R3 \|, R4 <>), or ISO-UK alphas without sublegends (just R1 `¬, 2", 3£; R3 '@, #~; R4 \|).

As for the spacebars kit, the 1.75u space is useless since there is no 40s support in the set. I recommend replacing this key with a 1u space.

Offline deathwalker113

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 00:36:35 »
Your mod-colored `~ key should be R1 :)

The second pair of 1u Ctrl and Alt keys is unnecessary and can be removed.

I also think you went a bit overboard with the ISO keys. I recommend making it lighter and offering either basic ISO alphas (just R3 \|, R4 <>), or ISO-UK alphas without sublegends (just R1 `¬, 2", 3£; R3 '@, #~; R4 \|).

As for the spacebars kit, the 1.75u space is useless since there is no 40s support in the set. I recommend replacing this key with a 1u space.
Thanks for the reminder! I have fixed the mod-colored `~. Also, I will take a look at the spacebars kit.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 August 2020, 00:40:29 by deathwalker113 »

Offline svenge

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 14:30:19 »
Open thoughts on the novelties- I like the atomic looking symbol (triple shot?), but the robot heads don't quite do it for me.  Maybe the design on them is too complex.  I'd like to see some more symbols/icons, such as a space force kind of thing or a good vs evil themed robots (blue vs red maybe??)

And since this makes me think of Lego so much, I'd love to see a throwback to the old decorated brick designs such as a mini keyboard or control panel, which fits the theme pretty well.

Not sure this fits your vision but I just wanted to give food for thought  ;D

Offline deathwalker113

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 20:16:09 »
Open thoughts on the novelties- I like the atomic looking symbol (triple shot?), but the robot heads don't quite do it for me.  Maybe the design on them is too complex.  I'd like to see some more symbols/icons, such as a space force kind of thing or a good vs evil themed robots (blue vs red maybe??)

And since this makes me think of Lego so much, I'd love to see a throwback to the old decorated brick designs such as a mini keyboard or control panel, which fits the theme pretty well.

Not sure this fits your vision but I just wanted to give food for thought  ;D
Thanks for reminding me about the novelties. I have fixed the atom because GMK only makes double shot keycaps. 
Also, thank you for the suggestions. I will take a look at these interesting ideas for the novelties.

Offline deathwalker113

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 12:52:38 »
I have updated some new renders. Also, I would like to share some new novelties which I have made recently:

More
250388-0

I'm waiting for GMK to confirm if these are printable or not.

Edit: These novelties are being revised

Additionally, I want to add some R1 novelties:

250398-1
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2020, 06:22:29 by deathwalker113 »

Offline Aevyn

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 12:56:23 »
You're just one white away from GMK Gundam

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Offline deathwalker113

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 13:01:10 »
You're just one white away from GMK Gundam

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
It will be offered as a different set. I want to expand the set more that's the reason why I removed the "white armor kit" which was white alphas kit

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 03:22:58 »
I have updated some new renders. Also, I would like to share some new novelties which I have made recently:

(Attachment Link)

I'm waiting for GMK to confirm if these are printable or not.

Additionally, I want to add some R1 novelties:

(Attachment Link)

Please keep this in mind.
Your novelties would not work in their current state.

Offline deathwalker113

Re: [IC] GMK Retrobot - Update 4
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 13:33:50 »
Update 4:
For the color matching, I got the RAL K5 Color Fan Deck to see the physical colors. Here are some pics that I took with my phone:

RAL 3002

251017-0

251046-1

RAL 1018

251019-2

251048-3

RAL 5002

251021-4

251051-5

« Last Edit: Sat, 05 September 2020, 03:02:12 by deathwalker113 »