Author Topic: [IC] J Ergo? JER GO! Integrated Ergo keyboard Kit  (Read 11517 times)

Offline skywoo

[IC] J Ergo? JER GO! Integrated Ergo keyboard Kit
« on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 19:15:04 »
-------------------------"Update on 3/15/2020 by Endjy"-------------------------
Redo the translation to make it more reader-friendly.
UPDATE:
GB time: April
GB units: Unlimited

Hello everyone! I am SKYWOO, a fan of JER and a good friend of the author,I am honored to be invited by the author to introduce JER's new keyboard: JERGO       
The information and pictures provided by the author are limited for now, but I will follow up and update pictures after.

If you have any suggestions or questions, please leave a comment here, join our discord for JER: https://discord.gg/kftxYRS or contact the author directly at 303669158@qq.com.

Here is the translated letter from JER:
        Hi! Friends of GH, nice to meet you again! This time we are introducing the new JERGO. The GB will come in the near future.
JERGO seems to be a very interesting name, and you can understand it as J ergo, but also “
there u  go or jer go!”! Thanks very much to my friend "Bai" for giving its name!

237714-0

During a meetup back in 2018, I had the chance to see the "em7" keyboard, and its layout was very attractive to me, but I never got a chance to get it. Later I wanted to make a similar layout keyboard myself, but I couldn't solve the layout of the plate. Thank you very much for the dedication of the tgr team. I got the open-source drafts and it gave me a chance to use it in my design. It also fulfilled my small wish.

JERGO used the same layout as Alice, without the V-shaped lower border.
In terms of looking, I like the simple and not cumbersome style, leaving more imagination to users. This does not mean saving costs. The back weight uses 1.6cm thick stainless steel. It is polished by hand to get the effect closest to the mirror.

I have spent a long time designing the front of the case, including the module and the light bar, but in the end I found that the effect contradicted the simple style I like, so I abandoned it. In the end, I decided to use jer's engraved logo. Players can fill in the colors by themselves because I think the coloring scheme of Jer mini was pretty good.

Let ’s take a look at its internal structure: the plate does not have a buckle. This design is to eliminate extra lines and make JERGO made of PC look more pleasing seeing through the positioning plate. The plate is mounted on the upper cover and fixed by screws. A rubber ring (through the screw) is added between the positioning plate and the upper cover. If you do not want to use the rubber ring, you can paste a rubber strip in the fixing groove. Its reserved space can easily support users to make their own Rubber strip. The other side of the positioning plate must use a rubber ring (through the screw). Of course, because of this groove, even if you don't want to use any rubber strip and rubber ring, it can ensure that the switches will not be exposed after assembly.

237716-1

Color:
the basic colors, e-white, e-milk white, black, e-gray are available currently. This time I want to try the e-wine red for JERGO, which may be similar to the red CAMP keyboard. (Rendered and physical images will be placed later). Other colors may also available, but we need time for sampling.

Material:
aluminum alloy, pc, back weight are all made of 16mm stainless steel

Functional aspects:
The main control unit of the board has not been determined, but it is decided that Bluetooth is available.

Progress and group purchase information:
we are sampling right now.  GB time currently is in April after the JER80s GB.

Quality and Service:
          The cooperation between EVE and me was very unpleasant before. The JERMINI made by EVE was really bad. Many users responded with various problems. After that, I took the shipping cost to repair and refund. I seriously reflected on my problems, face the problems directly, and decided to actively deal with the problems before and solve the problems in the future.

Now I have given up the cooperation with EVE, and I worked with a new foundry to make a keyboard together. This factory has a very rich processing experience, there is a very professional programmer, and it is close to my home, so I have the conditions to One step is to control the quality, from debugging the machine to CNC processing. After the machine is off, we will screen the defective products in person, and then transport them to the e-plant or anode plant with the person in charge of the factory. Hang them on the shelf in person. I picked it up and then screened it again. Each keyboard will be packed by myself. The last version of the j80 I did according to this process. The quality feedback question received since the j80r2 was shipped is 0. I did a survey of Chinese users one by one. The satisfaction index was 99.9. There was only one problem that I could barely say: because this customer felt that milky white was better than gray, so I changed him to milky white for free.

However, I still feel very sorry and guilty for JER MINI users who have purchased the EVE version, so I have decided that all users who have purchased JER MINI want to join the JERGO GB, I will get a discount of 50 USD (per customer), I will make an upgraded version of JER IMINI later, if you don’t buy JERGO this time, I will give you a 100 USD discount for the later upgraded version of JER MINI. Even if you bought my product at a discounted price. If you find that there is a quality problem after you get it, I will return it at the full price of the group purchase.

Finally, I want to talk about the buyer's lottery, which is similar to the J80S's activity method. There will be a lucky friend among the group buyers. He will receive a special JERGO. Friends who receive this lucky express can get free after me. New products and support customization. Specific details will be announced later.

That ’s it for now, if there ’s something new, I ’ll notify my friends to update. Thank you for reading, and I wish you have a happy smile every day.

JER 2020.2.29

« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2020, 01:46:21 by skywoo »

Offline finalarcadia

Re: 【IC】J Ergo? JER GO!Integrated keyboard Kit
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 19:52:13 »
Love the design, I want one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 20:39:26 »
I actually love the nose on the Alice boards, but I REALLY love how clean the lines are on this. Will definitely be following along!

Any estimates as far as pricing goes?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 22:59:18 »
Hehe. Nice....
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2020, 23:11:46 by Zeelobby »

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 13 March 2020, 00:13:56 »
I need this
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Kevinsunbo

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 13 March 2020, 01:56:19 »
Shup up and take my money

Offline r3spect

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 11:28:07 »
I wonder if there is a quantity limit!

Offline catamscott

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 13:07:57 »
beautiful! all the jer boards have been gorgeous (even including the jer mini, despite some of the issues) and this looks no different. gonna be doing my best to get in on this  :thumb:

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 19:57:06 »
I'm definitely interested, it would be good to see what the red would look like

Offline udller

Re: [IC] J Ergo? JER GO! Integrated Ergo keyboard Kit
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 08:15:31 »
wish this had arrows like the em7 :( that layout looks mint and i have an alice layout coming sometime

Offline Jaltr

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 08:38:15 »
Really like the design! Would love to get one if I miss out on another gb

Sent from my SM-J415G using Tapatalk

Offline endjy

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 11:57:19 »
This is Endjy, so DM me or Quote this reply if you have any questions! Thanks!

Offline Jaltr

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 11:58:55 »
Will this be a unlimited GB or a limited GB (raffle or fcfs)?

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 12:09:54 »
Any way we can postpone the running date for this GB? There's a literal slurry of things running in March/April at the same time, with the coronavirus a lot of people's wallets will be held up (mine included.)

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 12:16:43 »

Words in the qq group chat is that it will be unlimited.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Jaltr

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 15:57:54 »

Words in the qq group chat is that it will be unlimited.
Thank you! Read the OP back and I'm blind haha

Offline Jaltr

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 16:26:30 »
Any way we can postpone the running date for this GB? There's a literal slurry of things running in March/April at the same time, with the coronavirus a lot of people's wallets will be held up (mine included.)
I totally agree. The Fat Boy board also had the same interest in people moving the GB to a later date (May).

Offline endjy

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 10:21:12 »
I totally agree. The Fat Boy board also had the same interest in people moving the GB to a later date (May).
Well, The GB probably start in MAY due to the covid-19

Offline Jaltr

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 10:28:47 »
Really appreciate that endjy! Looking forward to the GB