Author Topic: WEED  (Read 22858 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: WEED
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 17:11:21 »
Alright Malphas, you clearly have a very warped perspective and logical chat is seemingly wasted on someone unable to grapple with the pretty simple logistics and reasoning of taxation on cigarets....

But just becasue I'm a super nice guy; you can't compare the legalisation in somewhere like Portugal and the UK becasue Portugal went at it with one single goal and that was to eliminate a very serious problem, a problem that dsnt exist in the UK.
So you couldn't reproduce the same or even similar results, making any of short term results and observations (as no long term studies have been completed) found in Portugal meaningless when compared to the possible effects of similar legislation in the UK.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 17:19:11 »
I've done massive amounts of cocaine
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #152 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 17:20:22 »
None. Because doing heroin is a ****ing stupid idea. And if you are going to do something seriously harmful, on a regular basis, that wastes a stupid amount of money, most of which goes to Afghan drug barons (who I HAVE met, not nice people if I'm honest), and carries a large prison sentence, then no offence, but I don't want to be associated with you.

Exactly my point then. You claim recreational heroin use is somehow impossible, whilst admitting you have zero first hand experience of users. So I'm assuming you're going off media stereotypes.

Drugs are about supply and demand. It's basic capitalism. Something in high demand? Put the price up. Why is the price of heroin so expensive if you say it's so cheap to make? Because the demand is high. BECAUSE IT'S ****ING ADDICTIVE. If it wasn't addictive, if people weren't stealing morphine to try and get rid of their heroin cravings, then why would people be prepared to pay hundreds of pounds for a fix?

Of course heroin is addictive, I would never claim otherwise. Not sure where you got that idea from. Also, you're only really half-grasping supply and demand there. Plenty of things are in much higher demand that heroin, like milk for instance, but milk doesn't cost £40 a ml due to arbitrary prohibition laws trying to seize milk entering the country, smuggled in condoms inside people's stomachs as is the case with heroin.

>Claiming recreational use of a highly addictive substance is possible.
>Not sure where I got the idea from

Milk is not illegal. It is also seen as one of a developed country's basic needs. Millions of litres of it are produced and sold every day around the world. The supply is high, the demand is high, yet the legal vendors of milk are all competing for customers. Hence the price is low.

Heroin is illegal. It is seen as a blight on society and a major problem in developed and developing countries. It is very hard to produce, ship and sell. The supply is low because of anti drug initiatives, and the demand is high. Therefore, the price is high.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #153 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 17:24:57 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Malphas

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 17:27:02 »
No need to get surly, baldgye. You're the one who's not explaining yourself properly, here.

A) Cigarettes are heavily taxed to discourage smoking, there's no reason why it has to happen other than successive governments have decided to do it. Since we're talking about hypothetical legalisation of recreational drugs, I think we can safely assume that the taxation issue is up for debate as well. You're failing to explain why this taxation would be mandatory other than saying because cigarettes are, and because it's "simple logistics". These aren't proper reasons.

B) Even if drugs like heroin were taxed as heavily as cigarettes they would still be an order of magnitude cheaper than they are now. So the problems associated with heroin addicts resorting to crime to fund their habits would still be alleviated. As I said earlier, cigarettes are just as addictive as heroin, but smokers don't go out breaking into people's houses to pay for cigarettes, because they're still at a reasonable level. You ignored this point completely, to resort to insulting me instead,

C) Portugal didn't start their decriminalisation program purely to reduce HIV, despite what you're five minute skim-reading of Wikipedia might have told you.

D) That doesn't even matter anyway. It doesn't matter why they decided to decriminalise recreational drugs what matters is the effect it's had on drug harm - which it's reduced, contrary to your suggestions of what would happen in the UK. Regardless of what you try to claim the results are not meaningless and are comparable to what would happen in the UK. You're being childish to try and claim otherwise based on a trivial point regarding the incentive behind the program.

E) Portugal was a single example, i'm also talking about the Netherlands, the Czech Republic and the effects of alcohol prohibition in the USA. The trend is always the same, more prohibition equals more harm, and more crime in every instance.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #155 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 17:31:27 »
>Claiming recreational use of a highly addictive substance is possible.
>Not sure where I got the idea from
Then you need to brush up on your reading comprehension, since in the same breath I said I thought that was risky. There is no law of the universe that states an addictive substance can be used recreationally, or that everyone has the same pre-disposition to becoming addicted. Despite what your sadly narrow world-view may dictate.

Milk is not illegal. It is also seen as one of a developed country's basic needs. Millions of litres of it are produced and sold every day around the world. The supply is high, the demand is high, yet the legal vendors of milk are all competing for customers. Hence the price is low.

Heroin is illegal. It is seen as a blight on society and a major problem in developed and developing countries. It is very hard to produce, ship and sell. The supply is low because of anti drug initiatives, and the demand is high. Therefore, the price is high.
Precisely my point. That's why drugs like heroin would be vastly cheaper once prohibition laws were repealed and as a result the associated crime would drop.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #156 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 17:59:49 »
Blah blah blah weed... Blah blah blah I'm right and you're wrong... No, I'm right and you're wrong, blah blah blah...

In other words, this thread = TL;DR

Don't do drugs, kids.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Malphas

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 18:02:04 »
Unless you want to, in which case go ahead.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 18:03:31 »
Blah blah blah weed... Blah blah blah I'm right and you're wrong... No, I'm right and you're wrong, blah blah blah...

In other words, this thread = TL;DR

Don't do drugs, kids.

Or rather, discuss WEED legalization, as per the OP. Because no government in their right mind is EVER going to (re)legalize meth, cocaine, or heroine. So despite Malphas's brilliantly worded arguments, they're all irrelevant anyway.

I'm not saying you're wrong Malphas, as much of your argument is well informed and well said; I'm saying there is practically zero possibility that a government would take a stance even remotely similar to yours. The only drug this does apply to is, again as per the OP, WEED.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 May 2014, 18:08:12 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 18:04:06 »
Don't do drugs, kids.

But literally everything is better on weed, I honestly cannot think of a single activity that wouldn't be made more engaging and fun when stoned. Plus I get much more work done, easier to concentrate/ see simple solutions/ and excellent for any creative endeavor.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 18:05:38 »
Everything's better on weed except for other people it seems.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #161 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 18:08:02 »
Everything's better on weed except for other people it seems.

And /thread.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 18:27:54 »
GUYS ****ING WEED AND **** 420 AMIRITE

get back to talking about weed and stop being mad at eachother
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 May 2014, 18:29:33 by paicrai »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 18:37:10 »

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 19:20:28 »
You should smoke some weed. Don't forget to use Windows 98 while you're doing it too.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #165 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 19:32:00 »
You should smoke some weed. Don't forget to use Windows 98 while you're doing it too.
the **** are you talking about
windows 98 and internet explorer ruins the weed bro, way to waste it
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #166 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 19:45:04 »

but smoking weed within Windows is called hotboxing. and last I remember, hotboxing is quite popular these days...
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #167 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 19:59:12 »

but smoking weed within Windows is called hotboxing. and last I remember, hotboxing is quite popular these days...

64883-0

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #168 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 20:01:27 »

(Attachment Link)

Not EXACTLY what I meant, but that works too. :thumb:
tp thread is tp thread

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #169 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 20:03:14 »

(Attachment Link)

I bet those girls use Windows 98!

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #170 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 20:04:06 »

(Attachment Link)

only if they are gold diggers.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #171 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 20:09:49 »

(Attachment Link)

or grandmothers
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #172 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 20:15:32 »

(Attachment Link)

or grandmothers

And since they're obviously not grandmothers, it's definitive proof that they do NOT use Windows 98.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #173 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 20:16:39 »

(Attachment Link)

or grandmothers

And since they're obviously not grandmothers, it's definitive proof that they do NOT use Windows 98.

suck it, microsam.bimbows microsoft.windows
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #174 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 11:35:17 »

(Attachment Link)

or grandmothers

I bet you use a Mac. Because only outdated fools use Macs.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #175 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 12:25:28 »

(Attachment Link)

or grandmothers

i use windows 8
the superior windows
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #176 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 13:38:18 »

(Attachment Link)

or grandmothers

i use windows 8
the superior windows

More like the confused windows.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #177 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 13:51:27 »

(Attachment Link)

or grandmothers

i use windows 8
the superior windows

Windows 98 is superior to Windows 8. 98>8. Learn some physics!

Offline Malphas

« Reply #178 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 13:57:39 »
Or rather, discuss WEED legalization, as per the OP. Because no government in their right mind is EVER going to (re)legalize meth, cocaine, or heroine. So despite Malphas's brilliantly worded arguments, they're all irrelevant anyway.

I'm not saying you're wrong Malphas, as much of your argument is well informed and well said; I'm saying there is practically zero possibility that a government would take a stance even remotely similar to yours. The only drug this does apply to is, again as per the OP, WEED.

Yes, it's entirely hypothetical with regards to countries like the UK and the USA. Some countries in continental Europe and Latin America are slowly moving in this direction though, but still no-where near complete liberalisation yet. Also, thank-you for having a brain rather than parroting dated media inaccuracies.

Offline iri

« Reply #179 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 04:53:36 »
russia could benefit greatly from a well-established weed market. weed has little negative impact on health (at least it's nowhere near as harmful as low-quality alcohol) and doesn't release russians' harmful inner demons. if weed is legalized here, we will see unprecedented life expectancy growth and murder rate drop.

I honestly cannot think of a single activity that wouldn't be made more engaging and fun when stoned
driving is surely more engaging when stoned.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 May 2014, 05:05:40 by iri »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #180 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 06:24:08 »
I honestly cannot think of a single activity that wouldn't be made more engaging and fun when stoned
driving is surely more engaging when stoned.

brings to mind this entertaining bit of video :))

Offline iri

« Reply #181 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 06:32:07 »
**** drugs and their users

/thread
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #182 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 06:34:45 »
drugs are suck
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #183 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 09:26:52 »
**** drugs and their users

/thread

You sound like you could use a little bit of weed to help relax!