Author Topic: GAF  (Read 1553610 times)

Offline jacobsmirror

Re: GAF - Welcome Home Giveaway
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 14:03:20 »
Probably the start of my artisan dive, and my fondest memory of KeyKollectiv, was when I got a pm from the furt adoption agency informing me they had one that needed a home. Still my favorite sculpt and furtive in topre is still my most treasured cap. Happy to have been collecting KK caps since nearly the beginning. Has been a really fun progression to watch.

Offline Mattheuk9

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 14:07:55 »
I think the most memorable thing/first impression about GAF was when grimace first started to come out and people wanted them a whole bunch, someone offered a pink reaper v1 for a grimace and everyone though he was crazy, it was fun when almost no one in the community knew who GAF was and it was a big mystery.

Thanks for the Giveaway man!  :thumb:

Offline brianjking

• always carry a towel.
    • @brianjking
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 14:19:24 »
KeyKollectiv is what brought me into the artisan keycap world - meowcaps, purrkeys, furts, kosmos. One of my favorite memories was receiving an invoice for the meowcap v3 sale. I was so excited and still am every time I look at those cute jelly bean cat paws. I was also recently able to add a Lenoir meowcap v3 to my fiancee's keyboard as well.

To celebrate the meowcaps v3 sale opening artwork I managed to take a photo with my cat, git, along with my first HHKB.

Thanks for the chance, Kudos! Excited for what 2019 holds for KeyKollectiv & GAF and hope to meet you and Koala sometime soon!

TGR 910 (Healios) | HHKB BT KBDFans Silence-X | Roadkit (Cherry MX Silent Blacks) |Leopold FC750r (Cherry MX Silent Reds |TADA68 (Zealios) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S w/ Hasu BT | HHKB Pro 2 JP w/ Hasu BT & KBDFans Silence-X | RAMA M10-A w/ Zealios TINA-C w/ Cherry MX Silent Blacks HHKB BT Type-S

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 14:39:38 »
I've collected artisans for a few years now, starting with CC, and then with Bro, KWK, and some others. I've dabbled in collecting things from other makers, but I've never been quite as excited as when I received my first TB a couple months ago. The detail in the sculpt and cleanness of the cast really surprised me. Would love to have more. Keep up the great work.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 14:40:52 »
Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became a fan of a maker called KK

In West Inland Empire born and raised
On the 3DS was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all playing some Monster Hunter up in my room
When a couple of makers who were up to some good
Started selling keycaps in their neighborhood
I entered one little sale and my wallet got scared
It said, "You ain't winnin' **** so don't bother to enter."

I tried for a win and when it came near
The sale form said "fresh" and had a fruit in the tray
If anything I could say the discount was rare
But I thought nah, forget it, yo homes it's KK!

I
pulled
up to my email in about a day or two
And I yelled to all the invoices "Yo homes, smell you later!"
Looked at my email there was nothing there
So I cried in my room as a fan of KK

« Last Edit: Sun, 06 January 2019, 23:41:47 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 14:46:01 »
Not a specific memory, but the mystery and intrigue in general. I truly enjoy watching the hype and insanity surrounding every new release. It's a special time where everyone is trying to scrape together tiny bits of information.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 14:48:07 »
My most memorable moment was with Kudos, despite me acquiring a v1 kosmo he was willing to everything in his ppwer to restore his visor. I commend you for that thank you kudos.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 14:48:20 »
Welcome back to GH :)

--

A memorable time I had with KeyKollectiv was my participation in the KKrypto Puzzle Series some time back. It was both fruitful and frustrating, but through it I actually made very close friendships and I also learned so much about KeyKollectiv's artisan journey. From the early beginnings in your lusting for a brand-new Filco keyboard and a Skull Squadron set to the first Skull Squadron artisan keycap attempt! "Paying Dues before Paying the Rent" was where it all began, and the rest is history. I made it through this puzzle series and ultimately I won the runner-up prize...! A special Meowcap v3, whose colorway is called Guava Beans. Had I spent the night prior to KeyCon 2017 wrapping up the final piece of the puzzle and submitting my answer, I would have won one of the coveted first/second places. This puzzle series, along with the many conversations I had thereafter, marked a big transition in my journey with KK. Since, I have appreciated the work and collected it quite avidly, and I have had the pleasure to call the duo behind it all my friends.

Below are a few photos to illustrate my journey with KK and GAF

« Last Edit: Sun, 06 January 2019, 14:53:11 by LightningXI »

Offline dondongler

• Gotta Light?
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 14:49:23 »
First impression was seeing the Trash Panda sculpt when I first started collecting artisans about a year ago. Still one of my favorites.

Offline SoftKeys

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 15:21:15 »
Most memorable KK moment would have to be participating in the KKrypto puzzle challenge. Plenty of fun was had figuring all that out.
Also been a fan of your GAF work from the start, and glad to see how popular it has become! Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the giveaway

Offline kustom3

• bonjour
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 15:22:02 »
One memorable moment that stood out to me what the whole :middle_finger: thing when GAF started being active on Instagram.

Who would have thought you could convey so many emotions over a single universal gesture? I can't help but but wonder if one day digital archaeologists and e-anthropologists will dig that data and study it very seriously. Maybe someone will write a thesis about it and study us as a tribe, maybe GAF caps will become relics by then, maybe this whole thing will spark the next big religion.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 15:26:09 »
My first artisan sale was a quick reddit sale for a KeyKollectiv SnacKey. I immediately fell in love with the design and that initiated my foray into the rest of the artisans. I've been fortunate enough to have had many KK caps come and go through my collection these last few years, but my first Watermelon SnacKey is still (sort of) around. It currently belongs to my wife.  :)

It's been a lot of fun seeing your work progress, and your codebreaker giveaway/sale was one of the most entertaining I've been able to participate in. Thank you for everything!

Offline ablehart

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 15:29:47 »
G is for GAF. Ga ga GAF

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #113 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 15:32:33 »
I missed the first Snackkeys raffle by a day or so. I pmd kudos and asked whether there'd be leftovers. He responded almost right away apologizing that there wouldn't be another raffle but that if there were cancellations he'd let me know. He was the first artisan I ever talked to, besides moistgun.

Offline Undrcontrl

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 15:49:22 »
I would say my most memorable moment with GAF was being called out in a chat for speaking ill. I had spoken in a way that could (and was) very easily be taken to encompass all artisan makers, bulking all into one category in a negative light. GAF spoke up, called me out on it, and I was able to have an honest/open discussion that, I believe, not only allowed me to express myself in the manner I meant but also allowed me an opportunity to learn more about GAF and a bit more generalization on properly respecting and treating artisan makers.
The chewing came because of me mentioning the continued price hikes in costs of caps in general.

I still love them, still collect them, still pay happily for them, and still talk (on very rare occasions) with GAF and other makers. My respect for them as not only makers but also people has grown drastically since that conversation.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 15:50:57 »
I remember when I somehow ended up with a proto snackkey and you got me to destroy it in return for a new one and confused a lot of people on why I was cutting up a cap  :))

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 15:54:15 »
Most memorable moment was getting my first TypeBeast, because it's in the best colorway of all time. Hobo Butter.

Im mostly typing this here to encourage more sculpts in this colorway. Pls Kudos I beg you.

Offline txclack

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 16:27:23 »
I think I entered artisan collecting just as KK was entering their hiatus.  I remember, later, when people started posting pictures of Grimace v1s from a mysterious maker.  I remember wondering who GAF was and only knowing that he or she was a prominent maker in the past.  I remember all the middle finger emojis being posted on instagram and all the counterculture associated.  It didn't take long for me to make the connection between KK and GAF, but I believe the short journey and curiosity I had got me deeper into artisans and a better understanding of artisans and their makers.  That journey helped me to understand that artisans go deeper than just a keycap or art.  Artisan makers and their art bring about communities and friendships.  I am not surprised that you and Koala interact with the community as much as you all do and I'm happy to see you back at Geekhack. 

Offline krcert

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 16:36:18 »
reserved here here

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 16:48:05 »
My first memorable impression with KK was when I won a Mamkollective sleeve and it showing up.
That thing was so soft,  ^-^

Offline tephwn

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 16:53:12 »
One of my most memorable moments with GAF is prior to the identity reveal trying to figure out "WHO IS GAF?!"

During this time I was chatting with Kelly, sharing with her a theory that Kudos was GAF. She vehemently denied that Kudos was GAF, tricking me to the point that I was willing to bet a keycap with another member of the community that Kudos was not GAF despite all of the evidence starting to pile up stating otherwise...

Well, I'm glad I didn't end up betting that keycap, and Kelly laughing at me after the reveal was pretty great. All in all good times were had by everyone involved :)

Offline ns90

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 16:57:09 »
I remember KK Bento Blanks we're the first artisans I really wanted. So that was the first sale I entered... and subsequently lost.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline TrotToHot

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 16:59:10 »
Hey there, welcome back!

I've only been collecting artisans for a little under a year - and GAF/KK has long been one of those grail items that everyone was working towards. The hiatus you've been upon has only heightened that sense of rarity - so I'm excited that I may potentially be able to score fresh GAF gear now!

First impressions: Whether it's a Kosmonaut or Garbopuss, I particularly love the bold and iconic colourschemes of your caps. While some artisans try and match standard cap colours, your artisans are happy to stand out and boldly be the focal point of any board. Colours like Grabbos Greed or Terry Folds will always stand out - and they look absolutely incredible.

I'm super keen to hopefully add a Fvccboi or Type Beast to my collection at some point... glad to see you're back!

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 17:04:26 »
Chainman Meow was the first cap from KK that caught my eye and it has come a long way. The toys have been amazing since I can hang them up anywhere :0

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline kconfire

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 17:07:02 »
When my interest with artisans first sparked, I actually didn't like GAF caps (Grimace v1 and Garbo Puss). However, as I collected more artisans of varying degrees of shapes and colorways from all the different artisan makers, I soon opened my eyes for GAF caps and have been very affectionate towards them. Not to mention I started appreciating the work GAF caps does. The best memory I have of GAF caps is when I was finally able to have an opportunity to speak and work with you regarding my very first commissioned CW with a sculpt. The time and effort one puts in their own meaningful custom color combination and to see an artisan maker creating perfect finished work of art is truly an amazing experience.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 January 2019, 22:17:11 by kconfire »
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline LiQuiDs

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 17:20:43 »
I have just started this hobby for year.

But the moment I saw the piece of GAF was really shocking.

I wanted to have GAF's caps too, and I looking for there.

But it was too hard to find ....

Also, the raffle may start too suddenly,

It was a very difficult barrier for me who was not good at English.

Then the first chance came. Independence Bea TB Raffle!

I heard about Raffle, and I found Raffle link in hes insta.

But, I do not know when to start. people told me tomorrow

It could be 12AM, it could be morning ...

The night i was set at 12AM ... The moment the wait was eight hours.lol

Finally GAF posted this article to INSTA 8am in the morning.

He said Have a cup of coffee and than start Raffle.

I was tired but I'm happy.

I waited for 8 hours and posted a letter to INSTA,

He said, "Let Raffle start soon."

It was the moment when the tiredness disappeared ....

And I wait for you to apply for Raffle,Than to my hobby

The greatest joy has come. Invoice is come !!!!

That night was full of my heart, and I was not tired all day long.

I think he is one of the best Maker!!!

Please continue making good caps and

Please keep stay to be best maker!!

another one!

I heard Your wife is pregnant. I wish a healthy baby is born to be

I pray to God.

also Thanks for the Giveaway!!!  :thumb: :thumb:

;D ;D 나는 영어를 잘 못합니다. 서툴러도 이해를 부탁드립니다.  :-X :-X

« Last Edit: Sun, 06 January 2019, 17:36:53 by LiQuiDs »
Great art is an instant arrested in eternity.

Offline ReadmeDotTxt

« Reply #126 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 17:34:51 »
Winning your meowcaps was one of my first artisan experiences! It was an exciting way to get my feet wet in the kb community and it's been a blast ever since.

I appreciateyour work and effort. Thank you.

Offline tronix_41

« Reply #127 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 17:42:33 »
nice

Offline dantambok

« Reply #128 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 17:57:40 »
I have never won anything from gaffles but managed to trade up to one. I must say that your pieces are works of art!
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline WifeIsGoddess

« Reply #129 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 18:06:38 »
The GAF has always been my most wanted artisan since I entered the road of artisan in March 2018.
Although it took a long time to achieve my first GAF since there were many people who wanted the GAF and it was really difficult to collect, I finally get my first GAF "Typerfuse TB" in December 2018.
I hope there will be more GAF collections in the future. I always support you!!

Offline derznation

« Reply #130 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 18:50:40 »
My GAF impression was being amazed how detailed the corgi TP was, and getting all emo about how much it reminded me of my corgi that passed a few months back (not a sob story I swear).  From there I grew to appreciate all your other works, the detail and colors are incredible every artisan I've purchased since then has been with the hopes of eventually trading up for the corgi TP.

Offline stolenweapon

« Reply #131 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 18:53:21 »
I only recently got into Artisans but GAF caps were one of the first caps that caught my attention. I loved Trash Pandas at first, and eventually gotten to like all the other sculpts and they have since been the bulk of my collection. My most memorable was after I finally hunted down a Dr. Trashpattan Trash Panda randomly after searching for one months, and it was definitely a great feeling.
OTD 356CL Black | 2x OTD 356CL Gunmetal | OTD 356.2 Factory Gray Ano 1/2 | 2x OTD 356.2 Blue Grey | 2x OTD 356mini Military Green | 5x OTD 356mini Red | OTD 356mini Black | 9x OTD 360C Apple Silver | 2x OTD 360C Hyper Grey | OTD 356L | 2x OTD 356N MKII Black | OTD 456GT Pink & Black | 3x OTD 356 Pad (2x Black, 1x Military Green) | 2x OTD Koala WKL Silver & Black | OTD Koala WK Silver & Black

TGR Jane V2 Pink Prototype 1/1 | TGR Jane V2 1/2 Brushed Toblerone Weight | 8x TGR Jane V2 | 6x TGR Jane CE V2 | TGR 910RE | TGR 910 VKC | TGR Alice Purple 1/5 | TGR Alice Red | TGR-03 | TGR Tris

LZ-SE | 3x LZ-RE | LZ-CP | LZ-MP SE

Keycult No.2 Stainless Steel | 2x KMAC Happy | 2x DK Saver MX & Alps

Offline Cavemann6

« Reply #132 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 18:54:56 »
Always a fun/memorable time getting kbbq and doing other la shenanigans with the la fam. I also like Meowcapsv3 a lot...
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 January 2019, 18:56:37 by Cavemann6 »

Offline RyuDragoon

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:11:31 »
I remember seeing the KK x Booper Kosmo v1 and wanting a Soyuz so bad. Then after a month of looking around, you did a v2 and I won the Soyuz v2 in the giveaway!I still own both the v1 and the v2!

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #134 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:15:49 »
My most memorable moment is probably never winning a raffle :p

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #135 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:16:48 »
GAF was more than just a cap to me. It created a bond of friendship that lasted a lifetime. I and a buddy had an exchange of gift on for Christmas (I remember I gave him a red rocket pop TB, mostly because I knew TB was huge for him and with the recent event of his father passing away, I guess that would make his day). We were friends back at that time (it started off as a trading caps kinda relationship but quickly grew into friendship due to our common love for typebeats), but a little bit more on the casual side. I shipped it 2 days and told him not to open the present until Christmas. Little did I know later that night on Christmas, he called me sobbing like a child and said that was literally the best Christmas he ever had in his life, not entirely because of the cap itself, but more about the thought and the care of a human being to one another. I gave up one of the most valuable piece in my collection, sure, but I would do that again in a heartbeat if it means I could do something to share the pain of losing a family member with someone and I think that's the most important thing in life! I may or may not win from this giveaway, but being able to share my own story is really beautiful and it's really cool of you for hosting an event like this. Thanks alot!
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:23:35 by otanishock »

Offline datfroyodoe

« Reply #136 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:18:33 »
never won anything but seeing the first fvccboi on insta was definitely the most memorable for me. hoping to be part of the "GAF Family" soon
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:21:03 by datfroyodoe »

Offline NJWootton

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:19:06 »
My most memorable moment with GAF was when I was saying on Discord that I didn't like the grimace back when it was recently released. You commented that I would probably like it better if I knew the secret. And held a giveaway for a grimace if someone pm'd you the secret. I didn't end up winning the giveaway, but I do like grimaces a lot more now that I know about it. I won't spoil the secret here for anyone who doesn't know it. Try to figure it out!

Offline foo4542

« Reply #138 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:21:28 »
Pretty new to the scene, probably one year. My first impression about GAF was the after-market value. I was like 0_o seeing them going for hundreds of dollars.

Offline Crushader

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:23:37 »
My first impression was 'WHUT, KK and GAF are the same people O_O!' after getting an invoice for a GAF garbopuss

Offline fishinaspacesuit

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:36:32 »
I got into collecting artisan keycaps in the middle of 2018 and immediately took notice of Kudos's art style. At that time I had no idea that his caps were so highly sought after, but I knew I had to obtain one somehow! I had my eyes on a Taco Smell Typebeast because I was trying to complete my GMK Laser themed Norbatouch. At that time I only had like 9 artisan caps in my collection, which are all really nice caps but nothing to tempt others into trading a GAF Typebeast with me.

I started a conversation with Kudos on IG and had a pleasant conversation. He was very nice and humble, he told me the process of obtaining a commission from him, etc. I truly appreciate the time that he spent to talk to me, considering that he gets a lot of requests like mine and I wasn't known at all in the community. During that conversation, I looked into how artisan keycaps were made because I wanted to find out why they took so much effort (and costs so much) and how hard it was to craft one. Needless to say, the threads on Geekhack https://geekhack.org/index.php?board=117.0 blew my mind and I appreciate his caps even more.

Fast forward a little, I ended up finding a Taco Smell Typebeast and that was my first GAF keycap. And boy did it blew my mind :eek:, the color separation was top-notch, the color matching with Laser was spot on, it looked better in person and exceeded my expectations! Needless to say.. the Taco Smell became my gateway drug into collecting GAF caps, and my GAF caps tally is at 20+ right now, and I don't intend to stop.

Taco Smell Typebeast on my Laser Norbatouch :p https://www.instagram.com/p/Bof_hQADJPG/

Kudos, keep doing what you do! I wish you all the best for a prosperous 2019 and beyond! :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:40:14 by fishinaspacesuit »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #141 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:40:21 »
Back in April 2015 you were generous and kind enough to talk to me about your casting abilities and I was able to have these super rare and unique blanks made by you! Such clean colors and awesome logo inside.

In September 2015 I was able to get these awesome caps that also had purple in them, the quality was improving and it made me very happy that you were continuing to improve.

October 2015, you exceeded expectations with this Shallow Mallow Purple modifier set for my HHKB. It was beyond amazing.

You continued to improve and make amazing snack keys and such glorious keycaps!

2019... HOLY ****, you still continue to suceed and excel with every single day that you cast. You have been doing GAF caps and they are insanely beautiful and show your talent STRONGLY! I love how you continue to make great designs and have that tattoo style vibe in it as well. Your artwork is awesome as hell and you amaze me every time you make a cap. Keep it up bro! Thanks for coming back to Geek Hack and I hope people will start to communicate here more than these quick reply chat servers out there. ;)

Thanks for being generous and doing a giveaway here for the community! Geekhack community. <3

« Last Edit: Sun, 06 January 2019, 20:05:21 by dustinhxc »

Offline Koojahyung

• 안녕하세요.
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:50:23 »
 Welcome home gaf!
Unfortunately, I have no memories with gaf because I had no chance to get it yet.
first impression was embarassed when I saw it first. it looked metaphysical but everytime I saw it again,i was fall in love with your aestheticsl. Now I just want to get it.
I don't know there is my spot but if you give me a chance to get it, I want to sharing my first gaf picture with all. I want to post the gaf like others. :)
thank you sir~!
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 January 2019, 23:20:42 by Koojahyung »

Offline dugihk

« Reply #143 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:58:58 »
Just joined the artisan community a month ago, so I can only write down my first impressions.

My first thought when it came with GAF keycaps was that it was 3D street graffiti, where the sculpts are interpreted in a more comedic way seen through the artists eyes. For example the TypeBeast sculpts remind me of the cartoons we used to watch when we are young, where when the main characters are frightened their eyes popped out. Or the Trash Pandas or Garbo puss sculpts where they both look like they were affected by radiation, growing extra eyes and constantly drooling unidentified liquid.

But what I like best about GAF as a brand is that they retire sculpts in order to constantly innovate the brand with new ideas, with each sculpt staying true to the brand image of the word "Grimey", but never pushing it over the boundaries in making the sculpts look repulsive. Overall I feel that GAF is more of an artist having fun with his ideas rather than a business which caters to the public demand in order to increase sales, and that really should be what the artisan community is all about.

Offline ikarus214

« Reply #144 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 20:02:09 »
I haven't had any chance to win a GAF artisan yet but have admired your works since I fist saw them. My first impression was that they are creepy yet attractive at the same time.
Thanks for the comeback and GA! Wish you more impressive artisans ahead!
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 January 2019, 00:17:06 by ikarus214 »

Offline TheWuggening

« Reply #145 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 20:03:12 »
My first impression, when I saw the grimace was “I don’t get the hype”. It seemed alright and all. But then you dropped the Garbo and it all came together for me. I got the direction you were going in at that point and it retrospectively made the grimace my favorite cap.

Happy new year guys :)

Offline stepstone82

« Reply #146 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 20:14:41 »
Unfortunately, I've not been able to memorize anything since I recently joined this artisan hobby. Tbh, the first impression of gaf was a bit strange. Gaf arisan has several eyes and it was like a real monster. But it remained in my mind, and the more I looked at the pictures of others, the more attractive I felt. Now I really hope to see them in person!
Welcome back to GH, and happy new year.

나의 LGM-G600S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 20:15:26 »
I had a mechanical keyboard long before I joined in on the artisan scene. I remembered seeing skulls and robot novelty caps and i thought to myself, "man those are so dumb, why would i want to spend $20 on plastic." Fast forward a few years, and here comes KeyKollectiv with some bangers. The watermelon snackey, it spoke to me in so many ways. I needed that cap, more than air itself. I spent months trying to find one for sale on the resale market and some kind soul sold me one for retail. You all know how the rest of the story goes. The community is the reason why I've stuck around the artisan scene, but KeyKollectiv, you guys are the main reason why I'm even here to begin with.

Thanks for bringing a fresh style and accessible keycaps to the community. <3

For those who are interested, below is my first set up
More

Offline shabarhagen

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 20:33:00 »
I started collecting artisans one year ago, and from the beginning my family and friends had no idea about what I was doing and how ridiculous to spend money (they mean a lot of money) on a plastic keycap. All I said to them is 'cause it's worthy and you'll see'. And now they realize that it is not just a plastic keycap, it is work of art.
Thanks for the Giveaway and beautiful work of artisans

Offline libertycannon

« Reply #149 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 20:37:20 »
Got some kk oxblood mods and man the colorway was just gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro