Author Topic: Pre [IC] on Several Colorways  (Read 4007 times)

Offline Formulaik

• Trained not to spit in the fan
Pre [IC] on Several Colorways
« on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 08:21:40 »
If you have a moment I would appreciate your input on several colorways via the following Google Form:
https://forms.gle/uC6b2Dm4ZzhRMYQq5

Thanks for your time and feedback.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Pre [IC] on Several Colorways
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 08:57:58 »
Liked several of your ideas.   I wish you had a way to vote for more than 1 profile at the end. 

Offline Formulaik

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 09:30:43 »
Liked several of your ideas.   I wish you had a way to vote for more than 1 profile at the end.

Many thanks for your valuable input and vote of confidence. The early responses are trending very differently than I thought they would. I hope more people will share their input!

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 09:53:02 »
Glow In The Dark Legends Are Awesome And I Wish More Sets Coming Out Now Tried To Use Them  :)).

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 11:27:36 »
Filled out your form. Hope to see angler someday. (Swordfish artisan, think on it)

Offline Starston3

Pre [IC] on Several Colorways
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 13:38:10 »
While I like some of the colourways, not too keen on an preIC and in away "claiming" colours.

Just seems like a throwing things against the wall and see what sticks.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 July 2019, 14:08:44 by Starston3 »

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 13:41:30 »
Minty looks too much like GMK Mint Dolch which Drop still has a ton of during their recap runs.

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 14:00:25 »
smh

Offline Formulaik

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 14:18:08 »
While I like some of the colourways, not too keen on an preIC and in away "claiming" colors.

Just seems like a throwing thinhs against the wall and see what sticks.

I appreciate your feedback.  :thumb:

Essentially I am throwing things against the wall and seeing what sticks. Didn't feel that was a bad thing but can see how it can be viewed that way. I did a typical IC https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101307.0 and felt I significantly missed the mark. I honestly felt like I had all of these designs, plus a few others I weeded out, and didn't feel my tastes aligned with the majority of the MK community. I went this route to focus my efforts going forward. The results so far have been enlightening to me and haven't gone at all the way I expected. Several I thought would rate well have tanked. Angler, which I thought would be seen as more of a gimmick is currently the community favorite.

As for "claiming" colors - I don't lay claim to anything I've proposed. If someone wants to take something I've started and run with it I'm good with that. I kinda felt like I was opening myself up to loosing "claim" to these colorways by throwing them out there.

Also, results of the survey are open for all to review and I intend to publish them here when I close the survey so hopefully the info will be helpful to those that may want to run with some of the color combinations I've proposed.

Offline norb

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 14:24:29 »
are GitD legends a real thing? i know SP can make PBT GitD dyesub, but is there GitD ABS for doubleshots too? would be killer imo!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 14:31:56 »
I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing here, personally.  We all know there is no "claiming" a colorway in this community.  We've been over it quite a few times.  If you don't want to help the dude, don't take the survey. 

I hope you are able to gauge interest and make a set from some of your ideas.  GL  :thumb:

Offline pej21

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 18:37:59 »
OMG I so need the Koi Pond. White, Orange, Blue = WIN.

I'm fairly new here but I've never seen this color combination yet. Anyone?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 18:43:21 »
I was like this too, made a bunch of colorways without really committing to any. The advice I can give is that this probably won't lead to anything, imo you should focus on one YOU want the most and commit whole heartedly with renders and everything and see where it goes. While your previous ic was along these lines, it wasn't really "high effort" which I suspect is why people didn't take it too seriously.

Best of luck!

Offline Formulaik

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 20:11:26 »
I was like this too, made a bunch of colorways without really committing to any. The advice I can give is that this probably won't lead to anything, imo you should focus on one YOU want the most and commit whole heartedly with renders and everything and see where it goes. While your previous ic was along these lines, it wasn't really "high effort" which I suspect is why people didn't take it too seriously.

Best of luck!

Thanks. Yeah, I was a bit tentative with the Tokamak IC if I'm honest. The next round of whatever I put forward will be all in.

Offline Zilleon

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 01:01:56 »
I see no problem with what he doing either.
The more people in the community we have willing to come up with new ideas the better it is, and these ones look awesome.

Thanks a congrats man!

Offline badboy731

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 02:09:54 »
Best of luck!
E7-V1 | TGR Jane v2 CE | HBCP | GSKT-00 | Raine | AOS

Offline Kinvaris

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 18:34:33 »
Personally not a big fan of any of these. The minty one is nice but probably not one I'd buy. If you're only going to proceed with one set then maybe designing some novelties for it once you've narrowed it down might bring more interest. Best of luck!

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 19 July 2019, 02:36:27 »
Yeah none of them interest me either.

Offline Formulaik

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 19 July 2019, 07:32:24 »
Many thanks to all who took the time to provide feedback. The survey received a total of 134 responses. If you'd like to download a CSV file of the results and comments it is available at: https://bit.ly/2Y3hlKm

Results below:

I'll be taking all of the feedback from the survey as well as comments from the post and get to work.

Thanks again!

Offline adxlk

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 19 July 2019, 07:36:42 »
i need that hyperfuse elixir