Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8593343 times)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #26250 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 11:48:30 »
Ughhhhhhhhhh... that blows.

It isn't exactly like those envelopes are really spacious and allow the caps to float around in there.

That is just **** luck it happened to sneak out that small corner.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #26251 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 11:51:45 »
Need serious therapy.

Got my 420 package today, but..

Show Image

Looks like it was ripped in transit and then crudely resealed. Apparently they didn't reseal it soon enough, because Herr Freitag is missing. Only the weed cap in sight :'(

Going to check my car and the PO in the next few days, but I'm not really expecting to find him in either of those places. I think he's lost T_T

Damn photekq I'm sorry to hear that man. I hope you can locate it or clack can send you a replacement.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 September 2016, 14:23:57 by trizkut »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #26252 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 11:51:48 »
Yeah, I'm pretty amazed honestly. I removed the tape and one of the tears is pretty nasty. I could definitely see a clack slipping out alone, but I'm surprised it was able to WITH the little baggie. The weed cap was pretty firmly squashed into the opposite side of the mailer with a piece of foam holding it in place.

Fingers crossed it fell out when I opened it in the car, or that the PO has it. I seriously doubt either of those things will be the case though :'(
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #26253 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 11:55:39 »
Paging clack, photek needs a replacement. :(

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #26254 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 11:56:56 »
I did msg clack about it, but I'm really not expecting one. I'd completely understand if he can't replace it, especially considering health issues and everything :-[
github

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #26255 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 11:57:21 »
I could definitely see a clack slipping out alone, but I'm surprised it was able to WITH the little baggie.

That is what I was thinking. The baggie is pretty rigid. The corners of the baggie plus width and height of cap sort of catch on to the bubble liner. Every time I've gotten one straight from cc, they've just been suspended in the middle of the envelope due to these reasons.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #26256 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 12:25:12 »
What are the chances that someone that handled the parcel recognized the logo and took it to throw on ebay? :-[

**** luck, Photekq.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #26257 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 12:27:34 »
What are the chances that someone that handled the parcel recognized the logo and took it to throw on ebay? :-[

**** luck, Photekq.

Slim but if it goes up on ebay someone here will probably see it.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #26258 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 12:29:41 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 14:13:03 by alienman82 »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #26259 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 12:35:55 »

**** luck, Photekq.
I seriously doubt it was opened deliberately in order to take something from it. I think it was either opened for customs (tracking doesn't suggest it was opened for customs though), or it was just damaged during transit. The rips both look like they were created by something being poked through the mailer and then being pulled horizontally, creating a rip to the edge. I'd definitely guess it was unintentional damage to the mailer that someone noticed and tried to close up along the way.
github

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #26260 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 12:44:45 »

**** luck, Photekq.
I seriously doubt it was opened deliberately in order to take something from it. I think it was either opened for customs (tracking doesn't suggest it was opened for customs though), or it was just damaged during transit. The rips both look like they were created by something being poked through the mailer and then being pulled horizontally, creating a rip to the edge. I'd definitely guess it was unintentional damage to the mailer that someone noticed and tried to close up along the way.

I recently had a clack ripped open at customs. Was in a small box, and the clack was in a padded dental tooth case. The clack arrived loose and bouncing around, the box torn open and taped back together.
**** customs

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #26261 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 13:04:02 »

**** luck, Photekq.
It's an odd tear - to me it looks like it got caught/pinched/trapped in something and then ripped out (if that makes sense), and in that case I reckon when it was pulled out the cap may have gone with it.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #26262 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 13:23:30 »
Need serious therapy.

Show Image

Looks like it was ripped in transit and then crudely resealed. Apparently they didn't reseal it soon enough, because Herr Freitag is missing. Only the weed cap in sight :'(

Going to check my car and the PO in the next few days, but I'm not really expecting to find him in either of those places. I think he's lost T_T

Oh, man. I hope you're somehow able to recover it. ;_;
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 September 2016, 14:24:07 by trizkut »

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #26263 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 13:47:05 »
I remember getting a brocap win in the mail and ending up finding out that the box was empty, only to go outside to find it laying down in my driveway.

almost gave me a heart attack, I hope everything can get sorted out photekq.  :'(

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #26264 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 13:55:22 »
Need serious therapy.

Show Image

Oh, man. I hope you're somehow able to recover it. ;_;

That sucks. Well, wish you all the luck recovering it. Maybe it's taking a scenic detour. BTW, we all can see your name & address. If that's OK then OK but otherwise - be careful in these dangerous times.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 September 2016, 14:24:17 by trizkut »
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #26265 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 14:10:22 »
Yeah, I'm pretty amazed honestly. I removed the tape and one of the tears is pretty nasty. I could definitely see a clack slipping out alone, but I'm surprised it was able to WITH the little baggie. The weed cap was pretty firmly squashed into the opposite side of the mailer with a piece of foam holding it in place.

Fingers crossed it fell out when I opened it in the car, or that the PO has it. I seriously doubt either of those things will be the case though :'(

wow that's really terrible.  i'm sorry to see that man.  even for short trips within the state, bubble mailer envelopes will be arrive with small little rips in the outside.  i wonder if customs screwed up since the hole looks pretty small.  really hope you are able to recover the cap. :(
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #26266 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 14:19:00 »
Need serious therapy.

Show Image

Hope you're able to find it or get something sorted out for ya at least! My bubble mailer had a decent hole in it too but luckily only the outside was punctured and not the actual bubble layer :( good luck!

« Last Edit: Mon, 05 September 2016, 14:24:26 by trizkut »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #26267 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 14:54:16 »
Had a chance at trading for the green and yellow Clack, which would have been hugely sentimental to me since it's in my undergraduate alma mater colors, but it got traded away over the weekend.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #26268 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 14:55:36 »
Had a chance at trading for the green and yellow Clack, which would have been hugely sentimental to me since it's in my undergraduate alma mater colors, but it got traded away over the weekend.

Damn man I am sorry to hear that  :'(

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #26269 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 15:34:54 »

Sorry to hear that, with the latest CV wins going out though hopefully will see some more pop up soon!

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #26270 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 18:11:07 »
All this bad news 😭. So sorry to hear that photekq and now I'm scared.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #26271 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 19:29:37 »

Do you know what price point it was at? If I happen to get one I'll trade you it np.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #26272 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 19:45:25 »

Do you know what price point it was at? If I happen to get one I'll trade you it np.

Im betting they are selling privately for around 300 and 250 respectively

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #26273 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 19:46:46 »

I think he meant from CV, which was $75 iirc

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #26274 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 19:49:46 »

Yep, thanks Havlerson. But riperoni, I only won $65 clacks... like some peasant.

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #26275 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 19:53:48 »

Yep, thanks Havlerson. But riperoni, I only won $65 clacks... like some peasant.
At least you won Q.Q
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #26276 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 19:55:03 »

Thats stupid, only noobs pay retail.

pffft

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #26277 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 02:56:47 »

**** luck, Photekq.

So sad, I am so sorry and it would of course be the tri that slips out. This is like my nightmare, I one day get a tri clack and it slips out in the mail!

Hope it turns up somewhere.

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #26278 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 03:08:16 »
Need serious therapy.

Show Image

That is terrible news, hopefully you can track it down.   :)

One for the Herr if it is never found...

Offline jaffers

« Reply #26279 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 03:10:11 »
Would love to get some black clacks, need clacks to go with my sets  :'(

**** luck about that missing clack photekq, my condolences

Offline joey

« Reply #26280 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 03:56:58 »
I've never checked my mailbox this many times a day before :'(

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #26281 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 04:06:34 »

brb sending you some pms.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline joey

« Reply #26282 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 04:12:49 »

brb sending you some pms.
My actual """REAL LIFE""" mailbox.

Offline joey

« Reply #26283 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 04:33:06 »
> Package has been delivered
> Walk to post room
> See bubble mailer
> FLIP IT OVER

> mfw no clack drawing

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #26284 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 08:47:11 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 14:12:56 by alienman82 »

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 September 2016, 09:20:48 by dgneo »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #26287 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 08:52:52 »

Offline btctopre

« Reply #26288 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 09:03:47 »
And two people already auctioning off their Herr Freitag.  SMH.
ez $1000 profit. at these price levels, i wouldn't be surprised to see people with zero interest in the hobby attempt to participate in sales just so they can flip them.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #26289 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 09:18:37 »

I'm so sorry to hear this.  I hope that it returns to you by some miracle mashup of postal service efficiency and initiative. 
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Belfong

« Reply #26290 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 09:18:55 »
ez $1000 profit. at these price levels, i wouldn't be surprised to see people with zero interest in the hobby attempt to participate in sales just so they can flip them.
These people spoil all the fun out of this hobby. What jerks!

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #26291 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 09:21:01 »

Especially with every single ebay listing being posted on reddit, its easy to have the overflow.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #26292 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 09:21:33 »

To be fair there are certainly people with 100% interest in the hobby who participate just to flip.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #26293 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 09:34:19 »

To be fair there are certainly people with 100% interest in the hobby who participate just to flip.

:'(

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #26294 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 11:27:21 »

and to them I flip the bird
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #26295 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 13:52:00 »
I flip all day everyday

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #26296 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 15:08:45 »
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #26297 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 15:16:21 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26298 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 16:11:27 »
CC only just sent them out and they are already flipping them. ****ing animals, I hope they both get raped by land dolphins.

At least wait a couple months. No class.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #26299 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 16:13:37 »
CC only just sent them out and they are already flipping them. ****ing animals, I hope they both get raped by land dolphins.

At least wait a couple months. No class.

Flippers get flippers.
in da butt