Author Topic: Prototyping New Keyboard Designs (Using Plate Mounting and Direct Wiring)  (Read 142254 times)

Offline Scoox

What's the point of all these keyboard designs? I mean, they all replicate the existing traditional QWERTY design, with the ridiculous staggered & asymmetrical key layout. Except for some of the exotic thumb key configurations, if I was to design a keyboard from scratch I'd make something genuinely better. The Ergodox (which I'm typing on right now) is a step in the right direction, would be almost perfect if it wasn't for the thumb clusters.

Offline TD22057

What's the point of all these keyboard designs? I mean, they all replicate the existing traditional QWERTY design, with the ridiculous staggered & asymmetrical key layout. Except for some of the exotic thumb key configurations, if I was to design a keyboard from scratch I'd make something genuinely better. The Ergodox (which I'm typing on right now) is a step in the right direction, would be almost perfect if it wasn't for the thumb clusters.

Do you realize that it sounds like what you're saying is "none of your ideas are genuinely better, but mine would be"?  I build my own custom board which is genuinely better for me, but that doesn't me it's better for anyone else...