Author Topic: How deep does this rabbit hole go?...  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Rapid

• Moar pewpew
How deep does this rabbit hole go?...
« on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 23:09:15 »
Hi there!

So I'm worried that I am getting myself into a bit of a mess here haha! I've been lurking the forums and literally decided to mod my keyboard moments after seeing everyone else's amazing setups! I decided to go with an unpopular choice (Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition) that has the MX cherry blue switches (love them to death). I modded the front casing white along with changing the "razer" logo from green to blue. Going for a storm trooper theme. Also on the way is my brand new keyset from WASD! :) I'll probably put up pictures when my "baby" is done! Hope to get to know you guys better here at geekhack and thank you for having me.

-Kris "Rapid"
Razer 'White'widow [Blue MX Switch]
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39342.0

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Re: How deep does this rabbit hole go?...
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 23:12:29 »
Welcome, sounds like you're off to a good start.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 23:25:02 »
It goes very deep, Kris..   very, very deep.  :-X

Welcome to Geekhack!  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 23:30:08 »
Well into your deep pockets from what I gather

Offline Rapid

• Moar pewpew
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 23:46:19 »
Well into your deep pockets from what I gather

I cried a little when I saw a bid for an "oktoberfest" keycap for 70 bucks+ on ebay

It goes very deep, Kris..   very, very deep.  :-X 

Thank you for the warm welcome :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 January 2013, 23:48:19 by Rapid »
Razer 'White'widow [Blue MX Switch]
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39342.0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 01:01:28 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

There's quite a few Canadians around here these days :)

Ah, so you've heard of Clack Factory keycaps ("ClickClacks").  Yes, $70 is about average for a second hand one, although the rarer ones can sell for several hundred dollars.  If you are lucky, really lucky, you might be able to grab one at cost.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
How deep does this rabbit hole go?...
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 01:14:57 »
Quite a few Canadians...and me! Welcome to the party!