Author Topic: [IC] CLASSIC SPACE - SA with Custom Font - MD Poll Up!  (Read 119176 times)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [IC] CLASSIC SPACE - SA Keycaps (Check end of thread for updates)
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 13:54:18 »
Oobly, just to let you know - I have an ABS color ring and if you need any help with color tones decision (or pics, whatever) shoot me a PM.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Re: [IC] CLASSIC SPACE - SA Keycaps (Check end of thread for updates)
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 14:32:27 »
The current status if the design is: processing font issues...

We are designing SVG files for the legends, based on the specifications I found in a document from SP and with help from i3oilermaker and hasbaz who made the files for the Cherry Legend Replicas. I have requested detailed specifications, but have not had a response from Melissa yet. I've been waiting for this, since I don't want to go through all that work twice if there's something I need to change (also, my time available for this project is very limited, so I want to spend it well). I will update this thread with new 3D renders as the fonts get done.

There are still uncertainties surrounding the costs involved with using the custom font and how we'll manage these, but so far the concensus is that the font is a quintessential component of the set design and we'll do everything we can to make it so the set can use the font. This has become a bigger project than initially envisioned, but we're commited to getting this set design completed and overcoming the obstacles that prevent it from being "the best it can be". Here's a sample render of an F1 key, although the font may change a bit from this (shorter "arms" on the "F"):

(Attachment Link)

We're considering having a few other colours of clear polycarbonate novelty / highlight keycaps (blue from some of the later white spaceships with blue windscreens and red and green from the navigation / running lights present on many of the sets). Here are some test renders showing these colours (although they may be a little different from the ones SP produces), but be aware that these are simply renders to see the colours, not actual keys or kits for the set.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

+1 and kudos...this set will be supergreen!

Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline CQ_Cumbers

Re: [IC] CLASSIC SPACE - SA ABS Keycaps (Custom Lettering - Please Leave Feedback)
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 19:56:22 »
I just want to let you know that I am back, and I really appreciate and take into account the feedback and comments you leave on this thread, so please continue doing so! The long time between updates just means that we have been working hard on sorting out legend specifications and funding in private; we may have news and/or renders for you soon, and we are as excited about things as (hopefully) you are. This set is pretty ambititious, combining polycarbonate keycaps, glossy ABS, and a new Eurostile like font (Check Oobly's posts and the OP for details, as he has been creating the legends and renders, and thanks to hashbaz for the Cherry legend SVGs), so development time will probably be longer, but hopefully we can create a keycap set that raises the bar for what can be done.

Also, I would like to ask for your opinion about making all modifier legends icons rather than text, as a possible backup plan to reduce legend costs if we cannot fund a whole keyboard. While we of course would like to have a new SA font available for every key, I want to know how happy you would be with the set if we did have to reuse Signature Plastics' icons on the modifier keys. Would the set become unusable for you? Would it make it significantly less appealing for set designers? Will it make "Classic Space" look less consistent, aesthetically? I'd like to know what you think.

If by any chance you are still in doubt, any issues with MiTo and Cospar have been resolved, and he has even created a banner image for "Classic Space" (Thanks!). Also, livingspeedbump's gifs are pretty cool.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
Re: [IC] CLASSIC SPACE - SA ABS Keycaps (Custom Lettering - Please Leave Feedback)
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 21:44:29 »
I just want to let you know that I am back, and I really appreciate and take into account the feedback and comments you leave on this thread, so please continue doing so! The long time between updates just means that we have been working hard on sorting out legend specifications and funding in private; we may have news and/or renders for you soon, and we are as excited about things as (hopefully) you are. This set is pretty ambititious, combining polycarbonate keycaps, glossy ABS, and a new Eurostile like font (Check Oobly's posts and the OP for details, as he has been creating the legends and renders, and thanks to hashbaz for the Cherry legend SVGs), so development time will probably be longer, but hopefully we can create a keycap set that raises the bar for what can be done.

Also, I would like to ask for your opinion about making all modifier legends icons rather than text, as a possible backup plan to reduce legend costs if we cannot fund a whole keyboard. While we of course would like to have a new SA font available for every key, I want to know how happy you would be with the set if we did have to reuse Signature Plastics' icons on the modifier keys. Would the set become unusable for you? Would it make it significantly less appealing for set designers? Will it make "Classic Space" look less consistent, aesthetically? I'd like to know what you think.

If by any chance you are still in doubt, any issues with MiTo and Cospar have been resolved, and he has even created a banner image for "Classic Space" (Thanks!). Also, livingspeedbump's gifs are pretty cool.

This is all very cool to hear  :thumb:

IMHO as there has been a big influx of SA sets over the last few months, it will be for the best that you take your time with this one.

On the topic of modifier legends; the community will be split between text and icons. People will chime in with their preference (for the record I'm all for icons) and others will call for both. At the end of the day it will be down to you guys to make an executive call on it and stick by your guns :)

Offline tofgerl

Re: [IC] CLASSIC SPACE - SA ABS Keycaps (Custom Font - Please Leave Feedback)
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 03:53:40 »
You know what? I think you should spend all the time you need, and we should spend all the money needed - cause this set is going to be so awesome that if you can't handle the price someone else will swoop in. This is going to sell bonkers either way, and there is no way to lower standards to fit into some theoretical narrow pricerange that in the end is going to matter far less than the feel of having these keycaps grace the wonder that is my keyboard.

And yes, I spend all day using my keyboard, so I am willing to pay more to be really happy with it. It is my primary work tool. I also spend ridiculous amounts on my screen, mouse and computer. It makes my day better and my work easier.

Edit: Besides, the more generic the typeface becomes, the more the set will look like a failed honey clone, and no one wants that.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 09:31:29 »
I agree with tofgerl.  Transparency is everything to many of us.  If we know up front and BEFORE the GB prices are set, what the additional costs are going to be in a particular set for this GB, we can sort it out here and agree to what these prices are and accept them.  The saying goes, "you get what you pay for"  Part of what made the space legos legendary was that translucent yellow or red plastic nib.  Absolutely we need to figure out the best for this.
Might I suggest a translucent numpad for a full keyboard layout?  That way you have the spirit of the space lego in the alphas and the mods and as a added "treat" you have the craziest extras set made just for the numpad.  Kinda goes with just how Lego did that.  Give you a dream and the cherry on top was the translucent cap.:)

Really like where the inspiration is with this IC.  You're doing an amazing job sorting this all out front before GB.  Take the time to do it right!  We'll just keep banging on our F5 key till its ready :thumb:

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 11:55:49 »
And if we're lucky we'll break the F5-key and get an excuse to get a new keyboard ;)

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 12:26:37 »
You know what? I think you should spend all the time you need, and we should spend all the money needed - cause this set is going to be so awesome that if you can't handle the price someone else will swoop in. This is going to sell bonkers either way, and there is no way to lower standards to fit into some theoretical narrow pricerange that in the end is going to matter far less than the feel of having these keycaps grace the wonder that is my keyboard.

And yes, I spend all day using my keyboard, so I am willing to pay more to be really happy with it. It is my primary work tool. I also spend ridiculous amounts on my screen, mouse and computer. It makes my day better and my work easier.

Edit: Besides, the more generic the typeface becomes, the more the set will look like a failed honey clone, and no one wants that.

We certainly do not plan on sacrificing on the typeface, but this font business will not be a quick one. We're still working on finishing the legend SVGs, producing better renders of the whole set in the new font, and getting an accurate estimate of costs from Signature Plastics, among other miscellaneous tasks. I think the custom font has the potential to be very useful for many set designers, but it does make it a much bigger project than the average keycap set. I'm probably the most impatient person here; it's tough waiting, but I hope as much as you do that we get something extraordinary out of it.

cswanic, if you want to take a look at what the plans are for the numpad right now, check out the Keyboard Layout Editor Link. Numpad novelties are something we will have to consider; I haven't thought of them before. Oobly's working on renders (and a lot of other interesting things), but when he's finished I hope you get a better idea of what is planned. If it isn't clear, this keycap set is probably his project as much as mine. livingspeedbump has been a great help, too.

I really do appreciate your comments!
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 September 2015, 12:29:23 by CQ_Cumbers »

Offline Jedi

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 13:45:40 »
Its a really clean set as is.  I was thinking of the radio dishes and how Lego had that red round dot that would plug on to the center of the dish.  I didn't want to change the concept that got us this far already.  A lot of those old 80s movies had all those colored buttons.  Rather than deter the color choice for the alphas and the mods, I was interested in what we might be able to do with the translucent caps that wouldn't affect the TKL.  The idea to change the numpad came from the simple translucent touch Lego did with the space series.  It would really pop on a full keyboard with backlighting but wouldn't overpower the 87 key format.  You could use reds, yellows, etc and leave them blank (again just going on the 80s movies themes where keys had no label but just lit up in different colors.  Might satisfy anyone also that prefers blanks, but you could always label them too.:)

Just ideas, not making any changes to suggest at all.

Offline keyboardia1

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 14:23:01 »
Are there any plans for an international kit?

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 14:38:28 »
Are there any plans for an international kit?

If you check the keyboard layout editor link in the first post, the current plans are for a basic ISO compatibility kit, but as of now language specific kits are not planned due to legend costs and demand. Of course, things may change, depending on how the custom font (which Oobly is still working on) works out. If you have any suggestions or alternatives for better international compatibility, I certainly would love to hear them.

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 07:45:26 »
really wish there were LED windowed keycaps, like for Caps Lock, Numlock, and the cluster...the SA Carbon keyset drop had LED windowed keycaps in the base kit, which was brilliant.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 September 2015, 07:59:38 by showmeyourkitties »

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 08:45:50 »
Once the fonts are fixed, running a supplemental kit shouldn't be that expensive.

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 09:06:13 »
Once the fonts are fixed, running a supplemental kit shouldn't be that expensive.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but legend costs are per-key, so supplemental kits with legends would have to sell quite well in order to cover their legend costs.

If you're talking about the suggested LED windowed keycaps, that could work, but it may not look as clean and polycarbonate keycaps might be a good substitute. I think we will discuss it, though.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 September 2015, 09:09:16 by CQ_Cumbers »

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #115 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 09:12:56 »
Led, yea. Although I suppose they would have to be triple molded...

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 13:14:40 »
Windowed caps cannot be doubleshot, only pad printed. That's why the windowed caps in Carbon are blank. Also, the renders are a little misleading as I believe the windows are simply clear, although it may be possible to request different colours for these.

We could probably offer blank windowed caps with the set, but we'll discuss this and other features at a later date as we define more kits for the set.

Multilanguage ISO kits can get large and expensive regardless. An example is the ISO kit for Carbon at 78 keys... Most people prefer a small ISO kit as not many are willing to pay for 40 or 50 keys that they're not going to use. A "universal" ISO at least fits their board physically and a lot of people are okay with a few legends being different for the sake of having a custom set on their board.

And then there's the extra legend costs for all the "special" characters like Æ and Ø.

I think the Retro SA ISO kit is probably the closest to what we'll be offering unless there's a lot of interest in a big kit like the Carbon one.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 13:19:34 »
I assumed the window would simply be made in POM, but I don't really care. I don't use either caps lock or num lock.

Although I am toying with the idea of making my Planck use windows keys with LEDs for layer changing, so that if I hold 'lower' and press a key it should just change layers temporarily and not light the LED, but if I click and release 'lower' it should permanently change the layer and the LED should turn on... I have no need for that LED, but I REALLY want it ;)
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 September 2015, 13:29:28 by tofgerl »

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 16:04:46 »
I think that at this point, Classic Space is already a comparitively ambitious keycap set without windowed caps and large ISO kits; even with a long development time, it is a generally good idea to avoid excessive feature creep. The Retro SA ISO kit is, as Oobly said, probably a good estimate of the kind of scope we are aiming for, unless there is a lot of interest in a bigger kit. We certainly discuss and appreciate your suggestions and do continue to comment, but understand that eventually enough people need to be willing to pay for any features we add, and that as development continues, less things about the set will be changeable. As of now, our main goals are finishing the custom font and getting that made, and rendering the set in 3D. This may take a while, so in the meantime, discuss the set, be patient, and thank Oobly.

Offline CQ_Cumbers

Re: [IC] CLASSIC SPACE - SA ABS Keycaps (Custom Font - New Renders)
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 18:57:28 »
New renders are up, so check them out on the front page!

These renders are relatively close to (but not exactly) what we imagine the final base set will look like. Many thanks to Oobly for them and of course for the custom legends - it's been a lot of work and we still have a while to go, but you should finally be able to get a good idea of what we are going for for the entire set. If you look closely, you can see that we are now using square rather than round ends on the font, thanks to a more detailed mold cutting method. If you're interested in using the Eurostile like font for one of your own keycap set designs, please message Oobly or me, as we would like to see this help other designers too. This custom font is a big project and will take more time, effort, and community support to accomplish, so please stay posted and look for an interest check soon.

This keycap set will probably take longer than most, so be patient, but the final result, I hope, will be worth it for everyone involved.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 19:13:59 »
Nice design and renders. I am not sure about the new legends. SA is more in the vintage style.

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 19:36:28 »
Nice design and renders. I am not sure about the new legends. SA is more in the vintage style.

Well, Eurostile is vintage - it is was designed in the 1952 and is an icon of mid-century modern design. It was used in the keyboard of the Commodore PET, if you're looking for computing examples, and the Olivetti Valentine typewriter before that. Of course, the main reason for its use is that it was used in the original lego classic space sets, which can be considered pretty retro at this point, I think. It is futuristic, but it is also retro-futuristic, if you know what I mean. Eurostile is kind of timeless - I think it will be useful both for keysets inspired by mid-century modern design and for straight sci-fi designs, and it has seen a great deal of use in both, historically.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 September 2015, 19:38:44 by CQ_Cumbers »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 20:48:13 »
Been out of the loop a bit. Is that silver? And transparent yellow caps?

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 20:55:51 »
Been out of the loop a bit. Is that silver? And transparent yellow caps?

The alphas are grey glossy ABS, and yes, there are transparent yellow "highlight" caps in the base set. The first post has specific details on the colors. There will probably be more transparent polycarbonate keys included in "color kits", but it depends on demand. I think blue, green, and red transparent polycarbonate seem likely outside of the base set.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 September 2015, 20:57:32 by CQ_Cumbers »

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 21:40:26 »
Oh man, I had not noticed the clear polycarbonate caps before. Those look awesome.

I would be interested in this set depending on timing, price, etc.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 00:16:47 »

Show Image

That image alone will sell this key-set.

Never thought Silver and Blue could look so sexy like what you've shown here.  Definitely should be put forth into the SP molds as soon as possible.

Great time to be alive to purchase some decent looking key-sets into the future.  Good work.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 00:24:14 »

Show Image

That image alone will sell this key-set.

Never thought Silver and Blue could look so sexy like what you've shown here.  Definitely should be put forth into the SP molds as soon as possible.

Great time to be alive to purchase some decent looking key-sets into the future.  Good work.
I have to agree. I wasn't fully on board until I saw that latest render. Now I'm totally on board, above board, and over board.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 03:57:15 »
Sign me up! This is looking great. Unfortunately, I'm from the Era after the classic space Legos, but a cousin of mine had (and has) quite the collection, which he let me use as a child.

It helps that I've been keeping an eye out for an SA profile set of caps too.

These are looking amazing!

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 04:05:27 »
Yep this is still very much on my radar. I'm sure it will look amazing. Beautiful renders, but we should be cautious of setting our hearts on getting caps that look exactly the same, lest we be disappoint.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 04:23:18 »
I'm sporting full wood for these caps. Take your time, OP, I can hold it...

Also: Is this still going to be all row3? Because I prefer 1-1-2-3-4-3)
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 September 2015, 04:25:25 by tofgerl »

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 07:01:08 »

I think row 3 only would be best since it would mimic lego uniformity of 'blocks'

Offline Jedi

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 08:12:12 »
WOW.  I seriously am impressed with your skills! Over the weekend I went home to pick up my Legos from 30 years ago and found some of the original space "instruction books" from my old lego sets.  If you need ANY inspiration from the old parts, lemme know.  Take plenty of time putting this one together.  This is just incredible.  Great job!
Love that yellow clear you have on there.  Still hoping for a novelty numpad based on those translucent colors.  Keep up the great work!

Offline TheMalacoda

« Reply #132 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 12:28:53 »
I didn't do Legos when I was a kid, not really my thing. So there is no nostalgia in this for me.

BUT I still need this set because it's just so ballsy! Custom fonts! Polycarbonate caps! Not to mention if we get anything remotely close to the renders it's just going to look amazing. This is the kind of innovation I want in my outrageously expensive hobby. I am looking forward to parting with a great sum of money in order to support your crazy keycap design endeavors.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 12:37:19 »
That color scheme. Those legends.

Interest registered.

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 15:14:10 »

I think row 3 only would be best since it would mimic lego uniformity of 'blocks'

This set will be all row 3, primarily for the reason mentioned, but the custom font we are developing can be used for any SA profile keys. For example, a sculpted SA set will still be able to use the legend molds we have created, but DSA or DCS keycap sets will not. If anyone has an SA set design, sculpted, uncountoured, whatever, that they would like to use this custom Eurostile-inspired font on, please message Oobly or me. A font interest check with more information should be up soon.

Offline zabuza1997

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 15:15:33 »

This set will be all row 3, primarily for the reason mentioned, but the custom font we are developing can be used for any SA profile keys. For example, a sculpted SA set will still be able to use the legend molds we have created, but DSA or DCS keycap sets will not. If anyone has an SA set design, sculpted, uncountoured, whatever, that they would like to use this custom Eurostile-inspired font on, please message Oobly or me. A font interest check with more information should be up soon.
Nooo.No uniform Row3 plsss!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 19:00:48 »

No probs BUT down go whining when these are released and you suddenly realized that SP doesn't make Sculpted Sets for Filco Minilas or any Keycool rubbish keyboards and alike.

You need to have a standard 87-TKL or 104-Full sized keyboards ONLY to enjoy the full lustre of a Sculpted Set of Keys.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 September 2015, 19:02:25 by Elrick »

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 22:45:05 »

No probs BUT down go whining when these are released and you suddenly realized that SP doesn't make Sculpted Sets for Filco Minilas or any Keycool rubbish keyboards and alike.

You need to have a standard 87-TKL or 104-Full sized keyboards ONLY to enjoy the full lustre of a Sculpted Set of Keys.

Uh, you can get fully sculpted sets for the Minila. It's the standard sized boards that SP doesn't make fully sculpted sets for yet.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 23:07:18 »

Uh, you can get fully sculpted sets for the Minila. It's the standard sized boards that SP doesn't make fully sculpted sets for yet.

Oh snap! Bros, let's not derail another thread with another row 4 shift debate  :thumb:

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 02:37:59 »
I also like sculpted SA profile, but this set will be all Row 3, in keeping with the theme of homogeneous blocks of ABS plastic.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 05:42:53 »
I also like sculpted SA profile, but this set will be all Row 3, in keeping with the theme of homogeneous blocks of ABS plastic.

YES, never let a tiny few prevent a brilliant design from going forth  :thumb: .

Don't care whether it's Row 3 or Sculpted,  just appreciate the key-set for what it is - another unique example of a cherished memory captured within key-caps.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 13:34:39 »
Anything new to report?

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #142 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 16:43:34 »
Anything new to report?

Putting together everything we need to start a fundraising effort for the new font for SA caps... Going to have to get that done before we can get this set off the ground, unfortunately.

I've also spent a lot of time on another SA profile related issue which we hope to have news on soon, so we haven't been idle on related issues, but nothing much new about the actual design of this set recently.

Thank you for your interest :)
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #143 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 16:57:23 »
Anything new to report?

Putting together everything we need to start a fundraising effort for the new font for SA caps... Going to have to get that done before we can get this set off the ground, unfortunately.

I've also spent a lot of time on another SA profile related issue which we hope to have news on soon, so we haven't been idle on related issues, but nothing much new about the actual design of this set recently.

New font you say? Cool.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #144 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 23:00:41 »
Anything new to report?

New font you say? Cool.

More like, dem row 4 shifts  :cool:  I know it's going to come about sooner or later!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #145 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 23:05:39 »
Anything new to report?

New font you say? Cool.

More like, dem row 4 shifts  :cool:  I know it's going to come about sooner or later!

I know Bunny and others have been quite hard on developing r4 shifts, in fact they're planning on having it ready for penumbra r2.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #146 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 01:05:49 »
All we need now is for them to be able to double shot PBT (and add more PBT colors) and we'll be set ;)

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 03:30:11 »
I don't understand why all these PBT fans don't just start a GB for some dyesub caps.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 06:29:08 »
I don't understand why all these PBT fans don't just start a GB for some dyesub caps.

Because Dyesub eliminates color scheme possibilities, such as the modifiers/novelties for this set...

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 06:32:19 »
Some of them, yes. So what?