Author Topic: (Free) US shipping forwarding service  (Read 20951 times)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
(Free) US shipping forwarding service
« on: Tue, 14 February 2012, 00:45:01 »
Mod edit: Please see the new mail-forwarding resource, here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37277.msg709212 Thanks.

If you need anything from the US shipped out internationally, I can do it for you. Main store is probably Amazon.com/keyboardco since I know keyboardco does not offer their products to non-US amazon. I have amazon prime membership, so I get free 2-day shipping options, and also no tax. I can also get stuff from newegg, but they have a really limited inventory of mechanical keyboard stuff, I'll get taxed, and shipping from newegg to me is not free most of the time.

I'm doing this to help out the community, there are no catch to this. You simply pay me for exact cost of the item + shipping costs to you. I'm not making any profit from this, but you can throw in a tip if you'd like. But by no means am I asking for one or expecting any tip.

To give you an idea how much it costs, I just helped someone with a Yellow TKL Filco Limited Edition from amazon/keyboardco for $150, and international shipping to him was only ~$15 by USPS first class international from the US to Canada. Of course it'll vary by country, and 4 pound is max (heavier would require priority mail that cost a little more). A set of keycaps costs ~$6-7 to ship it international.

PM me or post here if you need something bought/shipped.
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 November 2012, 13:34:20 by dorkvader »

Offline balanar

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 14 February 2012, 05:49:39 »
Hey PM me if you think we can work out a deal to make this sort of a long term kind of arrangement. I forsee I'm gonna be ordering things from here for a loooong time.

Oh and have you managed to get the o rings from the manufacturer yet?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 14 February 2012, 20:40:49 »
Not sure what kind of "deal" you're talking about, I'm willing to do this as long as I'm active on this forum and not too tied up with the outside world haha

O-rings from my other group has an ETA for next week according to the manufacturer.

Offline balanar

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 15 February 2012, 04:54:44 »
PM'ed you!

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 19 February 2012, 23:34:39 »
Last call. I'm shipping 6 packages/keyboards to people this coming week. If you don't get orders in by Tuesday, it won't arrive to my place in time to ship out this week, and after this week I'll be too busy with school/applications to provide this service.

If anyone else wants to help with this, please do. I'm only one person :tongue:

Offline elton5354

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 19 February 2012, 23:47:10 »
Mine already arrived at your place? Quick!

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 23:12:41 »
For our international friends here :D

6 TKL keyboards and a bunch of other random stuff.

Quote from: elton5354;519346
Mine already arrived at your place? Quick!
Yes, had yours for a few days. Your package was also included in that pic up there :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 23:21:24 »
Quote from: WhiteFireDragon;513846
If you need anything from the US shipped out internationally, I can do it for you.

I'm doing this to help out the community, there are no catch to this. You simply pay me for exact cost of the item + shipping costs to you. I'm not making any profit from this, but you can throw in a tip if you'd like. But by no means am I asking for one or expecting any tip.

PM me or post here if you need something bought/shipped.

I nearly wet myself when I saw your post.  PLEASE WhiteFireDragon say you are not finished with this service yet?

I would love a Beautiful Filco from you, but now I have to check out Amazon to see what's available for me to buy.  Again, you are a Champ, thank you so much for doing this.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 23:34:02 »
I so want and need a Filco keyboard so can you let me know how I can arrange that with you?

As usual, WhiteFireDragon, you are by definition a Brilliant Person.  Thank you.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 23:38:02 »
Elrick, I already replied to your PM on the details. So yes, I'm still offering this service. Although after this week, I'll be pretty busy with school/applications/work, so wished you would have seen this earlier. Your package could have been included in today's shipment.

Btw, you sure do a lot of sucking-up to me, twice for the two different times you ordered O-rings, and one more time here. It's making me blush haha. But thanks for the compliment.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 23:38:25 »
if he's too busy and he doesn't mind, i can help you out.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 00:24:11 »
Quote from: demik;522708
if he's too busy and he doesn't mind, i can help you out.

No worries, I have already Paypal'ed him.  Getting the all White Filco Ninja Majestouch-2, Tenkeyless, NKR, Tactile Action, USA Keyboard FKBN87M/EFW2.

Sorry I keep sucking hard here on this forum, but you guys deserve it.  You offer a service without even thinking about yourselves.  Here in Australia, you've got individuals with their hands out looking for huge sums of cash to do very little.

But you guys have set the standard, of being very decent people wanting to share the love of Mechanical Keyboards all around the World.  And all I can say is Thank You very much from the bottom of my Heart.

Offline NeeGo

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 00:37:02 »
WhiteFireDragon, very, very generous of you to offer this service for free to our international (relatively speaking) enthusiasts. Big ups to you and to demik for offering to  continue the service.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 17:11:54 »
Having just shipped something to Canada, I'd be willing to carry the torch as well, at least until the summer is over.

So if Demik's busy, I'd be willing, too.
---
Hah, we could have a whole shipping consortium.

Offline funnyj

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 22:53:04 »
wooot! I can't waaiiit! You sir are an amazing person

Offline wasabah

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 15:28:24 »
Hey guys,
I was just directed to this thread by dorkvader (thanks for that).

I'm looking for a new Kinesis Advantage, as the German reseller wants ~490 USD for it.
So even with shipping I would save a lot of money, probably.

Do you know how much shipping to Germany is?
And would you be willing to send it to me?
That would be so über-awesome!!!
ErgoDox Classic | Logitech G400 | Logitech Marble | Logitech M570 | Logitech M235 | Logitech M305

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 19:49:39 »
Last time I shipped a kinesis, it was to canada, and the dimensions were 21*7*13 (inches). The post office lady said it was 6lbs and 3 ounces. According to USPS calc, this would be just under $50 shipped to Germany using their "priority mail international" service.

I triple-boxed mine, so I imagine it would be a little less, as they really upcharge on weight instead of size, so if we got some light packing materials, I think it would work out.

So this Kinesis is $269 shipper from amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Kinesis-Corporation-Kb500usb-blk-Contouredkeyboards-Available/dp/B000LVJ9W8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330479941&sr=8-1

And it'd be ~$50 to mail it to Germany, so it'd come in at $320-ish, I think in total.
---
I don't know if Whitefiredragon is still available to do this, but Demik and I have both offered to do keyboard mail forwarding for international people. Perhaps if you PM someone, you could get a happy kinesis.

Hope I helped :)

Offline mickd

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 22:54:01 »
This is great! Have any of you shipped a TKL to Australia? I'm curious how much that would be.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 29 February 2012, 18:52:48 »
Big thanks to dorkvader and demik also :)

I'm getting a few more stuff in, and there will be another shipment wave later this week. If you package goes out, I'll PM you.

Quote from: dorkvader;529996
Last time I shipped a kinesis, it was to canada, and the dimensions were 21*7*13 (inches). The post office lady said it was 6lbs and 3 ounces. According to USPS calc, this would be just under $50 shipped to Germany using their "priority mail international" service.
Whoa over 6 lbs is a bit much. Can you comment of a kinesis is lighter or heavier than a full size filco? Never had a kinesis before, so I don't know how heavy it actually is. If you can squeeze it just under 4 lbs, then it's $30 by USPS first class international. If over 4 pounds, it has to go by USPS priority, which prices can shoot up rapidly.

Quote from: mickd;530296
This is great! Have any of you shipped a TKL to Australia? I'm curious how much that would be.
Yeah, shipped a filco TKL to Australia for someone that also saw this thread. It costs $30 by USPS first class international.

Offline wasabah

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 06:23:26 »
Hey guys,
I really appreciate your offers. I'm really impressed as to how helpful and nice people are on here.
Well, I guess I'm bound to stay. ;)

I read that customs can be a real pain in the buttocks when it comes to stuff like this.
I will move to Japan in April and found a shop there that sells it with english layout for
about 260€, which is still a good deal. (And no customs hassle.)

Again, thank you very much!
ErgoDox Classic | Logitech G400 | Logitech Marble | Logitech M570 | Logitech M235 | Logitech M305

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 08:41:59 »
Quote from: WhiteFireDragon;531312
Whoa over 6 lbs is a bit much. Can you comment of a kinesis is lighter or heavier than a full size filco? Never had a kinesis before, so I don't know how heavy it actually is. If you can squeeze it just under 4 lbs, then it's $30 by USPS first class international. If over 4 pounds, it has to go by USPS priority, which prices can shoot up rapidly.
The Kinesis isn't heavier, as far as I know. Mine was 6Lbs, because of the two extra boxes I had (three total).
If I had one box (Like from the manufacturer, or something) with some lightweight packing material (Like the one I just got in the mail yesterday) then it would be a lot lighter.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 02 March 2012, 16:20:46 »
I wouldn't mind helping to get some additional feedback!  But I will only ship once a week.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 03 March 2012, 21:06:05 »
Quote from: WhiteFireDragon;531312
Yeah, shipped a filco TKL to Australia for someone that also saw this thread. It costs $30 by USPS first class international.

YES, I'll be getting mine soon, a brand new White Baby that deserves her paramount position on my desk.

All I can say about WhiteFireDragon, we are not worthy, we are not worthy..........he stands amongst the Greatest Humanitarians that have ever lived.

Offline dingo

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 07 March 2012, 09:10:29 »
Quote from: Elrick;534365
YES, I'll be getting mine soon, a brand new White Baby that deserves her paramount position on my desk.

All I can say about WhiteFireDragon, we are not worthy, we are not worthy..........he stands amongst the Greatest Humanitarians that have ever lived.

Great Success!

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 09 March 2012, 00:02:28 »
Lots of goodies went out a few days ago. I still need to catch up with PMs, so give me some time to do that.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 09 March 2012, 00:12:29 »
Btw, if anyone else is shipping stuff, here are exact weight of some keyboards and retail box/accessories:

Filco/CM storm TKL
keyboard only: 34.88 ounces
retail box + accessories: 11.88 ounces

Razer Black Widow
keyboard only: ~46 ounces
retail box + accessories: 32.7 ounces

Kinesis Advantage
keyboard only: 35.7 ounces
box + accessories: 17.7 ounces

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 09 March 2012, 00:49:13 »
wiki material right there ;p
Keyboardless

Offline dfxdx

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 10:25:09 »
Any of you kind hearted guys/gals still offering this service? After payday next week I'm hoping to grab this board just for the 2shot caps: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHERRY-G81-1822HQMUS-PS2-BLACK-KEYBOARD?item=230761044710
Would be grateful if someone could strip the caps and send them to London, UK. You are most welcome to keep the board/dispose/sell on etc. Please let me know if you can help out. Apologies in advance, a bit more work than just sticking a new address label and stamp on the box and stuffing it in the mail.

PS Open to anyone: happy to provide a forwarding service from the UK to anywhere

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 13:30:35 »
Sure, I'm willing. I just made a decent wire keypuller, and I want to start using it. I don't know about anyone else in this topic who has offered. I don't want to steal their thunder.

Hah we need to make a list of GH'ers willing to forward, with a list of their locations.

Offline dfxdx

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 18 March 2012, 13:24:40 »
Many thanks in advance. I'll send you a PM to sort out all the details.

Offline wilsongunawan

Currrent : Siig minitouch <blue monterrey alps>, kbt-RACE <cherry mx-red> with green LED, Filco MJ2 <cherry mx-ergoClear>, IBM model M

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 00:16:18 »
Amazon says the shipping weight is 1lbs, 6 OZ. Using the USPS's handy price calculator, and "reasonable" box size, I estimate the cost of shipping from here to Malaysia to be $14.34 for "international parcel", #$36.01 for "Priority Mail International" (If we print postage online) or $43.98 for "Express Mail International". The middle one is about $30 shipped to me, so the toal would be about $44 - $75, depending on what shipping option you chose. Ofcoule if the item is folded (or foldable) or weighs less than 1 lb, 6 oz, prices will be lower.

http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10265&m=7&p=1&o=6&l=16&w=3&h=12&g=0&r=True

I dunno: Looks pretty foldable to me, and if you can get a dimension under 12-inches, it very well might fin in a flat rate box.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 00:38:15 »
dont put it in a flat rate box, it will be expensive.

get a regular box and send it first class international. should be a ton cheaper
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline wilsongunawan

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 09:29:49 »
how much if a regular box ship if here? i really not sure that the thermapak can be fold. actually i want to purchase 3 of them so i think it can't fit the flat rate box. because i want to save the shipping fee. Thanks
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 March 2012, 09:35:18 by wilsongunawan »
Currrent : Siig minitouch <blue monterrey alps>, kbt-RACE <cherry mx-red> with green LED, Filco MJ2 <cherry mx-ergoClear>, IBM model M

Offline xt03

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 04:58:28 »
I've been lurking GH for a while and recently finally decided to go for HHKB Pro 2 as my first proper keyboard. Bought black with blank keys from smartimports.net and even though they sent me black with lettered keys I really like it. Now I'd like to get couple things for it from EliteKeyboards but for some reason they don't ship to my country.

I'm interested in:
1x Blank Keycaps for HHKB (White) (PD-KB400KTWN)
2x Non-Printed Red "Esc" for Topre Keyswitches (HH-REDESCN)
1x Non-Printed WASD for Topre Keyswitches (HH-WASDN)

If anyone is still offering this service and would be willing to buy the above for me and ship it to Europe (Czech Republic) I'd be really grateful (tried PMing WhiteFireDragon but no response).

Offline keyboardnoob

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 11:36:12 »
I've pmd you !
Filco MJ1 TKL MX Brown

Offline Kaysa

Re: (Free) US shipping forwarding service
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 19 August 2012, 10:41:14 »
Kind WhiteFireDragon is this service still on?
I was thinking of getting this:
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,toprekeys&pid=se09e0_ktf1n
they charge shipping to Malaysia more then USD50.

Would you kindly help ship this out from US to me at lower rate?
Currently Using:
HHKB Pro2 Black with Pink blank keycaps
Topre Realforce 10th Anniversary 2nd Batch "Silent" Varied Weight force.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 19 August 2012, 10:46:07 »
I wish I had known about this a while ago. SSDs are so cheap from the US stores.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 19 August 2012, 22:11:12 »
I don't have a lot of motivation to offer this anymore. There were a few that took advantage of my generosity to screw me over. I've helped about 30-40 people, and those few just ruined it for everyone else. Sorry guys, you can ask someone else.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 19 August 2012, 22:16:32 »
I live in the US but thanks for helping out our international friends. I plan on doing this for the iron man keys ;D
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Kaysa

« Reply #40 on: Sun, 19 August 2012, 23:20:07 »
I don't have a lot of motivation to offer this anymore. There were a few that took advantage of my generosity to screw me over. I've helped about 30-40 people, and those few just ruined it for everyone else. Sorry guys, you can ask someone else.

I've pm dorkvader already, and he is replied and we are discussing this matter,
but for what happened to you, mind sharing them with us?
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 August 2012, 23:21:38 by Kaysa »
Currently Using:
HHKB Pro2 Black with Pink blank keycaps
Topre Realforce 10th Anniversary 2nd Batch "Silent" Varied Weight force.

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 19 August 2012, 23:23:12 »
Lets publicly shame those offenders!
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline Larken

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 20 August 2012, 00:21:41 »

Just saw this thread. Its a pretty cool and selfless thing you did for the forumers here (I don't need it as there are services doing it for Singapore already at reasonable rates). Whatever you got screwed over on, my sympathies.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline tgujay

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 20 August 2012, 00:40:31 »
I would be up for providing a service like this.
Gotta collect them all

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 21 August 2012, 11:47:03 »
i would be happy to add them to a "traders to avoid" sticky

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline xquisit

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 21 August 2012, 18:07:05 »
I don't need help with your services, but I just want to let you know... I appreciate what you're doing!
I\'d rather die like a man than live like a coward - 2pac

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 21 August 2012, 19:49:49 »

Geez, I didn't think this place had rip-OFF merchants residing here.  It was a shame they did that to you, and you never charged for anything in the time you put into ordering, buying and collecting/shipping the items off to everyone.

I have to say you helped me get a keyboard and some stuff hence I owe you BIG time.  Whatever you need just PM me.

Offline poxeclipse

• Hit me with music ... yes, me friend
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 21 August 2012, 20:21:29 »
It's hard to believe what happened to WhiteFireDragon. I didn't know about this service, but, a few weeks ago, I asked demik to help me with an iMate adapter, and he did it without hesitation. I said just 'thank you', but I know that it took from his private time and money to do it. I hope will come a time when I can return his service.
Now, this service offered by our US friends is not a 'one way' job, but the solicitor also has to have in mind that his time and money are also involved, so he has to offer them without hesitation for successful transaction.
Anyway, thank you guys for your effort.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 August 2012, 20:23:55 by poxeclipse »

Offline bebuxe

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 22 August 2012, 21:27:27 »
I agree with the thegunner100 with my 200%.

I never used your service, but I would have tipped anyways.
I was going to include more, but forget it. I am making the CMS/WRS.

Offline TypoVampire

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 24 August 2012, 04:24:57 »
I want to get a Ducky wrist rest + a full set of white PBT keycaps, a la http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=140 and http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=91
For one, do you know where you can get these cheaper
and 2
How much would it cost to get shipped to New Zealand?