Author Topic: Will get myself a M  (Read 1870 times)

Offline vils

Will get myself a M
« on: Tue, 30 September 2008, 17:43:15 »
My bank has to customer computers and one of those  had a wonderful Lexmark keyboard wich was a bliss to use. Model M I suppose.
The other week I finally decided that it was time to talk to the manager about the keyboard's future. I wen't down to the bank and to my horror found to brand new terminals with shiny black and silver HP keyboards. Gaahh...
I talked to the manager anyhow, maybe the keyboard rested in some closet or in a dumpster at the back yard. Hope, hope.... But no, the IT staff had deliverd the new computers just a couple of days ago and brought the old ones with them to be recycled. Why didn't I talk to him a week earlier?

Anyhow, I begun trawling internet for a real Model M and soon I found one; 1391411 made in the UK august 1993. The seller wants around 43 USD, and if everything goes well it will be mine.

/Vils
It\'s the glass pipe fallacy. You can only believe that if you\'re on crack.

Offline D-EJ915

Will get myself a M
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 30 September 2008, 19:20:52 »
I'd get on those guys who took it to get recycled, I'd imagine the recyclers don't immediately destroy the stuff.

Offline vils

Will get myself a M
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 September 2008, 19:44:00 »
Quote from: D-EJ915;9228
I'd get on those guys who took it to get recycled, I'd imagine the recyclers don't immediately destroy the stuff.

They came from the bank HQ (bailed out with taxpayers money in the early 90's BTW). They had already driven it 600 kilometers away in a truckload full of used bank computers, faxes and other stuff...

But I gave it a thought

/Vils
It\'s the glass pipe fallacy. You can only believe that if you\'re on crack.

Offline D-EJ915

Will get myself a M
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 30 September 2008, 21:20:53 »
Quote from: vils;9230
They came from the bank HQ (bailed out with taxpayers money in the early 90's BTW). They had already driven it 600 kilometers away in a truckload full of used bank computers, faxes and other stuff...

But I gave it a thought

/Vils
hmm yeah 600km, forget that...

Offline lowpoly

Will get myself a M
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 01 October 2008, 01:29:06 »
Quote from: D-EJ915;9228

Some do. Most of the stuff goes immediately into the shredder. I just gave something to the recycler which I regretted a few days afterwards. Called them, too late. :(

Miniguru thread at GH // The Apple M0110 Today