Author Topic: [GB] Atom47 PCB for the Vortex Core - Round 1 (Completed)  (Read 43849 times)

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
Re: [GB] Atom47 PCB for the Vortex Core - Round 1 (Completed)
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 20:45:15 »
Hey, so I finally got through to re-flashing the QMK since I had got an XD75RE and was looking into adjusting the layout of that.

So far, all went well reflashing the XD75RE.  But when it came to plugging in the Atom47 board, I just got the white lite on the caps lock, hit the reset button (also tried PN + right CTRL to go into reset) and got blinking white LED under caps lock, but the QMK Toolbox didn't see/connect to the Atom47 PCB.  Is there something that I am missing here?  I have atmega32u4, at90usb1286, atmega32u2, atmega16u2 as the microcontrollers. 

I tried turning it off and on again and still no luck.   I'm having a fear it might be bricked, because I can't type on it anymore when I used to prior.  But nothing has changed since I was last using it to type on the default maps.  It was working, but just been shelved for a few weeks.

This is my first bit into QMK boards, so any bit of help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Well, went back and swapped USB cables... it worked.  /smacks head

But now the darn caps lock LED doesn't want to turn off.  What is turning on the white LED under the tab/caps lock?  It's not tied to caps lock (at least when I'm toggling it) so I'm a bit perturbed what it is.  Is it stuck on a layer or something?

Not sure what it was, but if you are using the configurator it's been fixed now.
Good day OP,
Any plans for a rd 2 since I missed out on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline .

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 00:08:52 »
Good day OP,

Yes, next year :)

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[GB] Atom47 PCB for the Vortex Core - Round 1 (Completed)
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 00:23:16 »
Good day OP,

Yes, next year :)
Great & thanks for your quick response!

Offline herpderpenberg

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 02 January 2019, 09:37:50 »
Hey, so I finally got through to re-flashing the QMK since I had got an XD75RE and was looking into adjusting the layout of that.

So far, all went well reflashing the XD75RE.  But when it came to plugging in the Atom47 board, I just got the white lite on the caps lock, hit the reset button (also tried PN + right CTRL to go into reset) and got blinking white LED under caps lock, but the QMK Toolbox didn't see/connect to the Atom47 PCB.  Is there something that I am missing here?  I have atmega32u4, at90usb1286, atmega32u2, atmega16u2 as the microcontrollers. 

I tried turning it off and on again and still no luck.   I'm having a fear it might be bricked, because I can't type on it anymore when I used to prior.  But nothing has changed since I was last using it to type on the default maps.  It was working, but just been shelved for a few weeks.

This is my first bit into QMK boards, so any bit of help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

But now the darn caps lock LED doesn't want to turn off.  What is turning on the white LED under the tab/caps lock?  It's not tied to caps lock (at least when I'm toggling it) so I'm a bit perturbed what it is.  Is it stuck on a layer or something?

Not sure what it was, but if you are using the configurator it's been fixed now.

Thanks for the update.  I'll give it a shot. Thankfully I had been a bit procrastinating on fixing the light being on and was just going to desolder it off.  I've been adjusting my key binds with the configurator but haven't flashed it to the board.  Been really liking it, the swapping of right shift and layer key was my favorite part, since it allowed me to do / and shift keys.

Offline .

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 02 January 2019, 10:39:39 »

Thanks for the update.  I'll give it a shot. Thankfully I had been a bit procrastinating on fixing the light being on and was just going to desolder it off.  I've been adjusting my key binds with the configurator but haven't flashed it to the board.  Been really liking it, the swapping of right shift and layer key was my favorite part, since it allowed me to do / and shift keys.

This would probably be solved pretty easily by moving the capslock indicator code to the keyboard instead of the keymap, but I don't want to do that because it would force that for everyone.

Offline G1LL3Y

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 19:01:41 »
Is there going to be a round two of this GB?

Offline .

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 03:23:02 »
Is there going to be a round two of this GB?
Yes, this year hopefully.

Offline SwordLaker

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 03:09:13 »
Any news for round 2?

Offline .

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 18:50:26 »
If you haven't seen it yet, the IC (along with a prototype) for round 2 is going on.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105274.0

Locking this topic now.