Author Topic: Captain Marvel and Shazam  (Read 4566 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Captain Marvel and Shazam
« on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 15:59:36 »
Y'all see des'

Thoughts ?

Felt kind of weak without Iron Man right ?

They're almost not a marvel movie without Iron Man.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Captain Marvel and Shazam
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 16:31:11 »
I don't expect to ever watch shazam, it just looks dumb from the trailers.

I'll catch captain marvel when it's a couple dollar rental.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 16:31:36 »
I was sent free tickets to see both, and I still can't even be bothered to haul my ass to the theater to see them. Zero desire.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 16:34:27 »
I was sent free tickets to see both, and I still can't even be bothered to haul my ass to the theater to see them. Zero desire.

why Turtle get free tickets..  has Turtle transformed into a Young Attractive Blond woman ?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 16:49:51 »

why Turtle get free tickets..  has Turtle transformed into a Young Attractive Blond woman ?
Maybe he always has been and we were fooled??

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 16:58:22 »
Maybe he always has been and we were fooled??

Having a hard time imagining a female would put words and sentences together the way Nturtle does..

//Possible , but highly unlikely.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 16:59:39 »

some Fandango thing, they sent me 6 free movie tickets to use by 4/20. All I went to see was Venom, I just have zero interest in anything that's come out the past few months.

and of course they expire right before End Game comes out, because of course they do.
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 April 2019, 17:05:25 by noisyturtle »

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 11:10:49 »
Why are you all talking about those two superhero movies when the best one came out just recently?
Just kidding Hellboy was total **** LOL

Online Findecanor

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 16:18:08 »
I've seen good reviews for both Captain Marvel, Hellboy and Shazam.
If I had free tickets, and there was a good theatre nearby, I would go and see the latter two.

Shazam is about a kid that gets transformed into the full-grown superhero when he says the word "Shazam". It is supposed to be silly.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 17:51:17 »
I finally went to see Aquaman with my son on Saturday.

My primary complaints were exactly the same as my complaints with Black Panther, I suppose that all the movies nowadays have to compete directly with one another on the same terms and playing field as their predecessors, to wit:

Monarchies decided exclusively on single hand-to-hand combat with sticks and spears? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Monumental battles with countless multitudes of worthless lackeys in single hand-to-hand combat with sticks and spears to determine the fate if the Earth? Gimme a break!

Protracted, relentless "chase scenes" on foot and/or small vehicles causing massive damage to civilians' habitat while the civilians look on idly? Snore

But I did get small chuckles at the Harry Potter reference talking to the shark and the Ant-Man-esque mother re-appearing after 20+ years in limbo.

I have no problem with female superheroes, but "my" Captain Marvel was the Jim Starlin version and that shouldn't be messed with.

Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 18:15:07 »
I finally went to see Aquaman with my son on Saturday.

My primary complaints were exactly the same as my complaints with Black Panther, I suppose that all the movies nowadays have to compete directly with one another on the same terms and playing field as their predecessors, to wit:

Monarchies decided exclusively on single hand-to-hand combat with sticks and spears? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Monumental battles with countless multitudes of worthless lackeys in single hand-to-hand combat with sticks and spears to determine the fate if the Earth? Gimme a break!

Protracted, relentless "chase scenes" on foot and/or small vehicles causing massive damage to civilians' habitat while the civilians look on idly? Snore

But I did get small chuckles at the Harry Potter reference talking to the shark and the Ant-Man-esque mother re-appearing after 20+ years in limbo.

I have no problem with female superheroes, but "my" Captain Marvel was the Jim Starlin version and that shouldn't be messed with.

What does Old-Guy Fohat think about that Amberhurd Aquaman leg wrapped around underwater kiss near the end of the movie during the battle.

Does 1960s approve ?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 19:19:09 »

I don't even mind the new Captain Marvel.  He was one of the few heroes to die and pretty much stay dead and have a decent send-off.  I just didn't like that they sanitized him completely from the movie.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 07:35:08 »
I don't expect to ever watch shazam, it just looks dumb from the trailers.

I'll catch captain marvel when it's a couple dollar rental.

Saw it in theatres, it okay

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 02:05:45 »
Saw Hellboy tonight, it was only OK. They tried to cram too much into one script so there was not much time to get familiar with each character. Some scenes felt rushed, and there was a fair bit of poorly delivered/written dialogue that felt hackneyed and forced at times. There were some good visuals though. My favorite part was the bit where Hellboy fought the three giants, that was very cool. Made me realize how much I'd love to see a Darksouls movie. I used to think of Ian McShane as a bootleg Al Pacino, but he's really not. I like him in everything he's in.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 13:22:09 »
Saw Hellboy tonight, it was only OK. They tried to cram too much into one script so there was not much time to get familiar with each character. Some scenes felt rushed, and there was a fair bit of poorly delivered/written dialogue that felt hackneyed and forced at times. There were some good visuals though. My favorite part was the bit where Hellboy fought the three giants, that was very cool. Made me realize how much I'd love to see a Darksouls movie. I used to think of Ian McShane as a bootleg Al Pacino, but he's really not. I like him in everything he's in.
McShane is so ****ing good, even with garbage dialogue like in Hellboy he manages to be so entertaining. Can't wait for that new Deadwood. The entire Baba Yaga scene and set and costuming was AWESOME. I feel like all the effort in the movie was put into that one scene lmao.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 15:05:27 »
just watched hellboy..

Bit slow... hrrrmm.... It is a movie for young people, so all the dialog is sarcastic.

Mmm.. guess i'm just 2old.

One can really tell this is a 50mil movie, vs the 100+ mil movies though, some effects were cheese.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 15:52:16 »
McShane is so ****ing good, even with garbage dialogue like in Hellboy he manages to be so entertaining. Can't wait for that new Deadwood. The entire Baba Yaga scene and set and costuming was AWESOME. I feel like all the effort in the movie was put into that one scene lmao.

The Baba Yaga scene felt like a nod to the previous Del Toro efforts with the franchise. Too bad about the rest of the movie.