Author Topic: [GB]TGR-910 - Completed  (Read 153556 times)

Offline axtran

Re: [GB]TGR-910 65% - Production done (Shipping)
« Reply #400 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 23:32:03 »
With the condition of some of the anodizing I've seen lately, I'm glad to see TGR still coming out on top :)
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #401 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 08:01:34 »
Looking forward to your builds. Fingers crossed that there'll be leftovers.

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #402 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 13:10:52 »
Any update on when these will be shipping out?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #403 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 10:08:45 »
Update!

Compare to my very first Jane group buy that I did back then, this is certainly not a very smooth run. Looking back at my Jane from the first group buy, tbh I'm quite happy with the progress in quality. Not perfect still, but it is much much closer to what I would expect from a good custom. I guess it is worth some of the sleepless nights and the "fights" with the manufacturers. I would like to thank you guys for being patient with me.

There are 40 sets of 910 made (not including VKC), 23 units for the GB here and 17 units of special edition for friends. Having unit no. CNC milled to all the parts did make the whole fabrication/color matching/sorting process much more complicated than I thought, this probably my last time doing so. Eight units from the group buy do have some issues. The manufacturer is not going to replace because these flaws seemed pretty common to them, in a way I do agree with them. I will update to the group buy list later, the affected ones are mostly gray/black parts. Reproduction/rework is in progress for these eight units. Being a collector myself, I am not comfortable with sending them out.

And oh yeah, the packaging. Knowing how fragile these aluminum boards can be, I often over pack them. 25mm of PE form for the top and bottom, at least 55mm for the sides. The sleeve is a courtesy from my friend. Considering this is her first time operating the sewing machine, I would say it is not too bad. Here's some photo to those of you who haven't received a board from me before.

Once again, thank you!

email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #404 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 10:11:10 »
Aww, yeah!!! True beauty is always worth it! Can't wait!

More

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #405 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 10:12:36 »
Update for the shipping. 10 units had been shipped for the last one week, the balance is going back latest by the end of next week. The invoice will be sent as soon as your board is packed.

For some reason, the weight of the parcel comes close to the Jane/Jane CE. Maybe it's because of the brass.

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline Sissy

« Reply #406 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 10:24:01 »
Any chance om the extras or that still undecided?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #407 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 10:29:21 »
Not decided. It will take a little while more to decide. Sorry mate.

My collection

More

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #408 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 10:32:38 »
Not decided. It will take a little while more to decide. Sorry mate.
Just making sure that you have my email to send shipping invoice since I took over xondat's spot and don't see it on order list :)

Offline wodan

« Reply #409 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 10:36:14 »
This is currently my candidate for my personal "Custom of the Year 2017" and I had some intense **** going on this year.

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #410 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 10:40:40 »
This is currently my candidate for my personal "Custom of the Year 2017" and I had some intense **** going on this year.

No doubt. Don't see how this isn't "Custom of the Year," period. This is such a stunning keyboard. I'm really looking forward to seeing people's builds start to pop up.

Offline PoisonKing

• RIP wallet
« Reply #411 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 10:43:17 »
Update!

Compare to my very first Jane group buy that I did back then, this is certainly not a very smooth run. Looking back at my Jane from the first group buy, tbh I'm quite happy with the progress in quality. Not perfect still, but it is much much closer to what I would expect from a good custom. I guess it is worth some of the sleepless nights and the "fights" with the manufacturers. I would like to thank you guys for being patient with me.

There are 40 sets of 910 made (not including VKC), 23 units for the GB here and 17 units of special edition for friends. Having unit no. CNC milled to all the parts did make the whole fabrication/color matching/sorting process much more complicated than I thought, this probably my last time doing so. Eight units from the group buy do have some issues. The manufacturer is not going to replace because these flaws seemed pretty common to them, in a way I do agree with them. I will update to the group buy list later, the affected ones are mostly gray/black parts. Reproduction/rework is in progress for these eight units. Being a collector myself, I am not comfortable with sending them out.

And oh yeah, the packaging. Knowing how fragile these aluminum boards can be, I often over pack them. 25mm of PE form for the top and bottom, at least 55mm for the sides. The sleeve is a courtesy from my friend. Considering this is her first time operating the sewing machine, I would say it is not too bad. Here's some photo to those of you who haven't received a board from me before.

Show Image

Show Image

Once again, thank you!
OMG! OMG! It's happening! Can't wait to get a shipping invoice from you.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #412 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 10:44:38 »
Update!

Show Image

Show Image

Once again, thank you!

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #413 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 13:53:11 »
This looks so good. I'd love to pick one up, that's awesome work! Cannot wait to see some builds!

Offline neralo

« Reply #414 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 20:32:58 »
Update!

Show Image

Show Image

Once again, thank you!

Out of curiosity, what kinds of flaws/issues are you seeing on the affected boards?
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #415 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 20:49:17 »
Update!

Show Image

Show Image

Once again, thank you!

Out of curiosity, what kinds of flaws/issues are you seeing on the affected boards?
Tiny dents at the sharp edges. My guess is because of these are the standard colors, the workers didn't handle with extra cares.

My collection

More

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #416 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 05:54:24 »
Just putting my hat in the ring saying I'm up for extras. Hope I can get in on this. That blue and pink combo is delicious.

Looking forward to seeing these start to appear.

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #417 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 07:19:17 »
Just putting my hat in the ring saying I'm up for extras. Hope I can get in on this. That blue and pink combo is delicious.

Looking forward to seeing these start to appear.

Me too.

Offline lac29

« Reply #418 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 08:00:20 »
Keep us updated on the extras even if they have flaws. I'd be willing to pick up a black or gray version.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #419 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 08:12:11 »
Second this, having a beautifully beaten up Jane I would love a beaten up 910 :D

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #420 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 02:49:35 »
Can't wait to see a shipping invoice  :thumb:

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #421 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 10:51:45 »
paid my shipping invoice, thanks!!!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #422 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 10:54:11 »
D:

:D

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #423 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 19:11:15 »
Mine just left Hong Kong today :O

Offline Jumie

« Reply #424 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 20:50:26 »
Still waiting for shipping invoice here :)

Offline doostin

« Reply #425 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 23:01:01 »
Also waiting here. Really excited!

What switches are you all planning on using? I can't decide if I want to wait on that MX Silent Black group buy or just throw some 67g Zealios in mine.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #426 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 23:09:45 »

What switches are you all planning on using? I can't decide if I want to wait on that MX Silent Black group buy or just throw some 67g Zealios in mine.

Definitely Silent Black.

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #427 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 13:19:05 »
Hell this looks so good, can't wait to see them assembled.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 August 2017, 23:03:19 by zacheadams »

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #428 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 20:37:47 »

Vintage browns my guy

Offline oisw

« Reply #429 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 15:57:55 »
Very late to finding out about the 910, jumping in to watch for any extras that may become available, or anyone who may be willing to part with theirs if they feel it doesn't feel right once they build.

Offline hatran87

« Reply #430 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 02:54:51 »
Any update about VKC version ?

Compact SQ by Leeku

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #431 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 05:45:32 »
Update!

Show Image

Show Image

Once again, thank you!

Any rework updates?

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #432 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 20:12:53 »
I guess I got lucky and was one of the first ones to arrive!

Looks absolutely amazing, thanks again yuktsi. Can't wait to build this up soon.

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #433 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 20:53:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looks absolutely amazing, thanks again yuktsi. Can't wait to build this up soon.

Looks great!!

Offline lildragonbuns

• Formerly ilovekeycaps
« Reply #434 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 23:05:12 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

ahhhhhhhHHHHHH can't wait for mine  :-X

Offline lovelovelovely

« Reply #435 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 23:35:10 »
cant wait mine  :thumb:

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #437 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 07:52:18 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

ahhhhhhhHHHHHH can't wait for mine  :-X

Lad not before me

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #438 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 08:55:47 »
If you want to deal with my 910.

Show me what you got.

and I'll refuse it.

« Last Edit: Wed, 09 August 2017, 08:59:09 by oatmicro »

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #439 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 10:49:08 »
I have about 10 more boards to ship. Hopeing to have all shipped by Tuesday or Wednesday. Will invoice for the shipping during weekend.

Cheers.

My collection

More

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #440 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 11:12:52 »
I have about 10 more boards to ship. Hopeing to have all shipped by Tuesday or Wednesday. Will invoice for the shipping during weekend.

Cheers.

Awwww yeah

Offline oisw

« Reply #441 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 16:32:01 »

Cheers.

Any update/consideration on extras or b-stock Yuktsi? I am not a collector, but rather want the 910 as my everyday workhorse, a blemish/small dent wouldn't bother me terribly. That being said, I understand if you don't want certain boards in the wild.

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #442 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 16:36:29 »

Cheers.

Great news, cant wait to receive mine

Offline NolaSwag

• 60%
« Reply #443 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 16:51:37 »
Not too crazy about 65% layouts but I'm pretty bummed I missed out on this. This is a beautiful board man, I'm jealous of all you participants! Excited to see the builds though!  :thumb:
Orange60 | X60 | M60-A | Polaris

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #444 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 21:46:29 »
quick potato pic

TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline Sissy

« Reply #445 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 22:27:53 »
quick potato pic

Show Image

too damn jelly

Offline Zackfoo

« Reply #446 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 22:51:50 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Damnnnn that's good looking. We have the exact opposite colour choice!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline Zackfoo

« Reply #447 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 22:53:20 »
Wish I wasn't so bad at taking photos.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #448 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 12:53:42 »
It's almost 2AM here in Malaysia, just done the packing for the shipments tomorrow. A couple of invoices for shipping were sent too.
Good night  :blank:

My collection

More

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #449 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 13:14:08 »
Great work yuktsi  :thumb: Here's a pic of the 910 SE booty