Author Topic: Hello, big noob here!  (Read 1015 times)

Offline yannickg

Hello, big noob here!
« on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 07:27:02 »
Hi,

just wanted to introduce myself, found this site from the /r/mechmarket subreddit, seems to be a really great place.

I'm here to educate myself and I'm looking for a SA ou DSA keyset.

Cheers!

Offline bcredbottle

Re: Hello, big noob here!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 07:40:25 »
pimpmykeyboard has a ton of DSA sets. SA usually shows up in group buys

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 20:19:17 »
Welcome!

bcred is right about PMK having DSA sets for sale but there are also a few SA sets for sale up on there like Modern Selectric

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 23:35:13 »
Welcome!

Don't bother. Cherry profile is best profile  :p

If you must get DSA I'd wait for Granite to re-run, which should happen early next year.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 03:27:16 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Which mechanical keyboard have you got for those key sets?  Which switches?

Just a hint - if you're looking for an SA set, they work much better with heavier switches like blacks, greens or clears.  There is just too much plastic in SA keycaps for lighter switches.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ