Author Topic: Is anyone getting both the Ergodox EZ and Infinity Ergodox?  (Read 3840 times)

Offline vatin

Is anyone getting both the Ergodox EZ and Infinity Ergodox?
« on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 09:27:33 »
I participated in the Ergodox EZ's indiegogo campaign just a few days before the announcement of the Infinity Ergodox on Massdrop. And now the Infinity looks tempting. But my wallet does not agree. Is there anyone out there getting both boards.
OLKB Planck V6

Offline Niomosy

Re: Is anyone getting both the Ergodox EZ and Infinity Ergodox?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 18:14:30 »
I toy with the idea of an Ergodox now and then but for now, I'm waiting to see of the Axios makes it out of project phase. The two Ws (wife and wallet) are fine with this.

Offline pnutster

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 20:18:50 »
Also opted for the Indiegogo ErgoDox project and same as you, find the Massdrop interesting, however, I have no use for the display features. Too StarTrekky for me. Very tempted, but not going for the Massdrop one.
Kinesis Advantage
Logitech Cordless Trackman FX Optical Trackball
Apple TrackPad

Offline nomaded

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 00:36:07 »
I have no plans to order an EZ. I already have 2 ErgoDoxen from MassDrop. I do plan on ordering an Infinity ErgoDox, but I'm going to wait until the next drop. Actually, my wife is very interested in the possibilities that the LCD screens offer.
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 09:51:17 »
Neither. I might get another one from FalbaTech, or simply wait for some new keyboard with better thumb clusters (Axios, maybe keyboard.io, something curved/custom).

Why? Because I've found the 80key configuration to be much more comfortable than 76 keys. No run-of-the-mill plate supports that, and neither does the Infinity PCB.

Offline Ziggurat

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 08:30:45 »
I am getting the Infinity ErgoDox from Massdrop. I am a mechanical keyboard virgin, but a seasoned solderer.
Cant wait to try it out.

Got the Cherry MX Read switches, I presume they are okay as a first time keyboard. I went to try some switches out but I could not make my mind up constructively, most of them seamed nice, except one of them but I don't remember the color of that switch.

Offline pnutster

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 19:58:32 »
OK, the project is 99% funded , just shy of a couple of hundred dollars, there must be a GH'er that has not been "wallet-hacked" yet, that can get this project complety funded for the full 100%!!  ;D
Kinesis Advantage
Logitech Cordless Trackman FX Optical Trackball
Apple TrackPad