Author Topic: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard - All Shipped!  (Read 220917 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard (Closed for Orders)
« Reply #550 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 13:14:06 »
Starting to get hyped for the Jetfire GB. The more i look at the layout, the more i like it.

Elton, is there any numbers on how many Jetfires that will be available?

korean GB will have 50
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline avid

« Reply #551 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 13:17:43 »
Starting to get hyped for the Jetfire GB. The more i look at the layout, the more i like it.

korean GB will have 50

Is GH numbers usually the same? Did korea got 100 LS?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #552 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 13:21:03 »

korean GB will have 50

I think Korean GB for Jetfire already ran
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 October 2017, 13:28:50 by Oblotzky »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #553 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 13:24:32 »

korean GB will have 50

also 50

the community is smaller

GH used to get 50 since that's what duck sticks to as an order max (something about production times), but now the community has grown as such so that duck can safely sell 100 units.

China got 30 LSV3, for reference. This partly because they can also get in to the GH GB, and generally also get a few units from Korea through proxies.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline toan

« Reply #554 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 16:57:08 »

Does that mean there is no GB for us?

Offline Atredl

« Reply #555 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 16:59:54 »

The Korean GB is usually first. I think LSv3 was the first to run at the same time.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #556 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 17:21:12 »

The Korean GB is usually first. I think LSv3 was the first to run at the same time.

Nope. It ran early, and is already shipped.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #557 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 17:23:11 »

Nope. It ran early, and is already shipped.
Ah, nevermind then. The pattern still holds, Korean GB first, then international markets.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #558 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 21:04:54 »
Any updates with shipping the first batch, Elton?

Offline avid

« Reply #559 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 20:54:27 »
So Jetfire is after this, but duck has also posted about the trooper.
http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=4741814&mid=board_Lsno50

Is this something that is coming after jetfire?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #560 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 21:49:19 »
So Jetfire is after this, but duck has also posted about the trooper.
http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=4741814&mid=board_Lsno50

Is this something that is coming after jetfire?

Duck isn't sure about it, it's gotten a pretty poor reception.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #561 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 02:09:13 »
Hi all, still waiting for an update from Duck. Last I spoke with them was there would be an update after the Korean holidays. I followed up again and I should hear back in a couple of days. I wanted to provide you guys with a more solid update but that’s all I know of right now. So sorry for the delays.

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #562 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 07:54:58 »
Thanks for the update, elton.  Getting closer by the minute.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #563 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 14:17:57 »
Hi all, still waiting for an update from Duck. Last I spoke with them was there would be an update after the Korean holidays. I followed up again and I should hear back in a couple of days. I wanted to provide you guys with a more solid update but that’s all I know of right now. So sorry for the delays.

No problem, Elton. Thank you for the post!

Offline bit-shifter

« Reply #564 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 03:23:46 »
Hi Elton,

Wondering if you (or anyone else!) can tell me whether the LSV3 PCB is designed with hotlite support (for both switches and LEDs)?

I've a couple of switch types that I want to test, and don't want to run the risk of soldering the board twice.

That aside, I'm also looking forward to an update on production/packaging/shipping progress (my set is part of the second batch). No pressure, yet eager to know when I might be likely to receive this wonderful board!

Oh, and does anyone know if/when the trigger on the jetfire is likely to be pulled?

Cheers!

edit: remove the second the
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 October 2017, 07:16:52 by bit-shifter »

Offline avid

« Reply #565 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 03:34:30 »
Jetfire is coming after both batches are being sent out. 

Offline elton5354

Re: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard - First 20 Shipped
« Reply #566 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 11:47:23 »
Hi all, from what I have been told, the first 20 has been shipped and tracking numbers will be posted today. Duck has used a different packing method and wants to ensure that the first 20 makes it safe. The remaining 30 from the first batch will be shipped once I receive my board and confirm that the packing material they used is adequate. Thanks for your patience everyone.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #567 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 11:58:48 »
Woooo!!!

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.

Offline avid

« Reply #569 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 13:04:56 »
Hyped for this!

Elton, is round 2 still in production or will it be ready to ship once round 1 is out?

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #570 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 13:12:16 »
Hi Elton,

Wondering if you (or anyone else!) can tell me whether the LSV3 PCB is designed with hotlite support (for both switches and LEDs)?

I've a couple of switch types that I want to test, and don't want to run the risk of soldering the board twice.

That aside, I'm also looking forward to an update on production/packaging/shipping progress (my set is part of the second batch). No pressure, yet eager to know when I might be likely to receive this wonderful board!

Oh, and does anyone know if/when the trigger on the jetfire is likely to be pulled?

Cheers!

edit: remove the second the

It should be holtite compatible, all of duck's boards and most korean boards are.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #571 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 13:17:00 »
There was a Google doc going around of how some of the Duck boards aren't. From what I've seen, it's a case-by-case basis.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #572 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 15:09:07 »
There was a Google doc going around of how some of the Duck boards aren't. From what I've seen, it's a case-by-case basis.

correct

duck is very inconsistent in his PCB design

very frustrating

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #573 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 15:18:29 »

correct

very frustrating

where are your periods?
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 October 2017, 15:20:50 by iNViSiBiLiTi »
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline megaforce

« Reply #574 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 15:20:56 »
RIP invisbiliti
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline HouseofSuffering

« Reply #575 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 16:49:56 »
Woohoo!

Is there an updated shipping forecast for the last 50?

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #576 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 20:44:10 »

correct

very frustrating
Here is the Google Doc everyone is referencing.

The fact that someone decided there was sufficient information to add the Octagon v2 to the chart as incompatible is beyond me.

Holtites seem to work on both rounds of Viper/Eagle PCBs, the BlackBird, and even the Octagon v2

It should work on the LSV3 provided Duck doesn't suddenly change the PCB footprints.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline elton5354

« Reply #577 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 20:46:40 »
20 orders are shipped and tracking is up for them. The rest will be shipped shortly after.  All lightsavers are produced and ready. It won't take much longer for the 2nd batch to ship out.

Also, once the first 20 that received theirs, can you please open the box carefully and check whether or not the air cushions that they used for the new packaging are still in tact?

Thanks.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #578 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 21:26:48 »

correct

very frustrating
Here is the Google Doc everyone is referencing.

The fact that someone decided there was sufficient information to add the Octagon v2 to the chart as incompatible is beyond me.

Holtites seem to work on both rounds of Viper/Eagle PCBs, the BlackBird, and even the Octagon v2

It should work on the LSV3 provided Duck doesn't suddenly change the PCB footprints.

some holtites are different sizes

Offline yookwh

« Reply #579 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 00:09:09 »
20 orders are shipped and tracking is up for them. The rest will be shipped shortly after.  All lightsavers are produced and ready. It won't take much longer for the 2nd batch to ship out.

Also, once the first 20 that received theirs, can you please open the box carefully and check whether or not the air cushions that they used for the new packaging are still in tact?

Thanks.

Uh, I'm confused. You said first 20, yet the tracking numbers are interspersed?

Offline briannnn

« Reply #580 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 00:46:40 »

Thanks.

Uh, I'm confused. You said first 20, yet the tracking numbers are interspersed?
If you count the orders that have shipped, there are 20 (plus Elton's).  So those would be the first 20 to be shipped.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #581 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 00:57:29 »
I hope you're not serious. There's a difference between "the first 20 being shipped" and "20 shipments sent out in random order, plus Elton's." Here's the quote: " the first 20 has been shipped and tracking numbers will be posted today." I would've thought that #1-20 would be shipped.

Offline eddible

« Reply #582 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 00:59:27 »
I’m 39 and mine has shipped. Looks like it’s 20 of the first 50, Duck must have his own order - perhaps it’s just alphabetical?

Offline Atredl

« Reply #583 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 01:20:17 »
I hope you're not serious. There's a difference between "the first 20 being shipped" and "20 shipments sent out in random order, plus Elton's." Here's the quote: " the first 20 has been shipped and tracking numbers will be posted today." I would've thought that #1-20 would be shipped.
Really though, why does it matter? We'll all have our boards soon.

Offline boo

« Reply #584 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 01:21:47 »
Wow one of the lucky 20.. wish me luck

Offline yonghf

« Reply #585 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 05:23:35 »
Same here - seems like I should be receiving it in 2-3 days max.

Offline eddible

« Reply #586 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 05:24:38 »
The tracking includes your flight number, mine is currently above Russia...

Offline elton5354

« Reply #587 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 12:34:52 »

I was told from Duck that the first 20 would have been shipped, but I have now found out that it's not in the chorological order. I understand your frustration, but please be patient. The first 20 are being shipped in a new kind of packing. Once I confirm that everything is fine along with others, the remaining 30 from the first batch will be released. They're all ready to go, but I need to confirm that the new packing is adequate.

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #588 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 12:54:54 »

I was told from Duck that the first 20 would have been shipped, but I have now found out that it's not in the chorological order. I understand your frustration, but please be patient. The first 20 are being shipped in a new kind of packing. Once I confirm that everything is fine along with others, the remaining 30 from the first batch will be released. They're all ready to go, but I need to confirm that the new packing is adequate.

No worries. I was expecting to be one of the first 20 and was disappointed that I wasn't for about a second, and then I was relieved not to be a guinea pig on the new packaging. Hopefully everyone's arrives in perfect condition that way everyone can get theirs sooner.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #589 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 13:56:19 »

That's fine. I just wanted clarification - whether the tracking numbers were for the orders on the Google Doc (Like you said), or if there was a mix up.

Offline yonghf

« Reply #590 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 08:52:18 »
Hi Elton, I received it today! Wasn't expecting such a massive box and so much packing material. ;D Did a quick check and everything looks good. Thanks again for running the GB!

Offline avid

« Reply #591 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 08:56:15 »
Hi Elton, I received it today! Wasn't expecting such a massive box and so much packing material. ;D Did a quick check and everything looks good. Thanks again for running the GB!

Pics :D ?

Offline yonghf

« Reply #592 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 09:02:12 »

Pics :D ?

Of the packaging? Sure :D
https://imgur.com/a/0Q5ja

Offline Goon

« Reply #593 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 14:04:38 »
Just received my LSV3 packing was good, can't find marks or imperfection in the board. https://imgur.com/a/2Hkow

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #594 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 14:46:48 »
Oh my. I can't wait!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #595 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 16:14:48 »
Mine will arrive Thursday, still don't know what to do with it... Wish it was a TKL Layout :D (changed my layout preferences after ordering)...

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #596 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 16:17:00 »
Mine will arrive Thursday, still don't know what to do with it... Wish it was a TKL Layout :D (changed my layout preferences after ordering)...
The LightSaver is a 96-key layout board. What do you mean by TKL?

If I were you, I'd just pass the love (sell at cost) to someone who would use it well.

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #597 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 16:21:30 »
I am planning on that (selling at cost), or trading for a TKL kit that I missed. Duck Orion was the Duck TKL, right?.

I bought into this GB before trying a 96% board for an extended period of time. I found that I don't like the super compressed layout as much as just a regular TKL. I don't use the numpad as much as I use the navigation keys.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #598 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 16:23:57 »
I am planning on that (selling at cost), or trading for a TKL kit that I missed. Duck Orion was the Duck TKL, right?.

I bought into this GB before trying a 96% board for an extended period of time. I found that I don't like the super compressed layout as much as just a regular TKL. I don't use the numpad as much as I use the navigation keys.
Yes. Orion was one of the TKLs. There's many other older Duck TKL models you could find. Best of luck in finding the right keyboard for you!

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #599 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 17:10:23 »
Tomorrow can’t come soon enough...  ;)