Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1404106 times)

Offline bear95

Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 10:07:32 »
Im I thwb middle of fciking nowhwhere drinking ny myseld cause friends and family ledt me yoday. Todau eeminds me of so mich od 4 years ago when a bunchbod my friends died with a couple months. I feel fucjjbg alome. Itried fishinf with my bow bur the fish here are so danb small
 So duxking hingry. And godmaa. Rbe mostuotoes in korea itxh a whole lot more than they dk in thus us.

Offline bear95

« Reply #201 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 10:16:48 »
Sosokue tftes so fjckibg bad. Idk why itbo keep dreeoijng ankywahm. mh russoan friends frkm aprogeam I met drjnks vodka lke watre. When I drjnm the onku thing that changes about me is my vsiosn and my moht. I find it ducjjng annnkyjng and depreaskbf that my friensa and family cant tell im drimking and ice drink by myself for quite a whkle. Ive recebtly started talking a kkt to a person I met tvis simmer while drinkjng fie tbe first tjme bur she ****ibg keft also. I feel like talking ****kiads cause of hrt lolollokkklol

Offline divito

« Reply #202 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 10:22:38 »
Got home from work, put some laundry in, got a few beverages for ball hockey games later. Have been playing StarCraft 2, drinking coffee and lurking GH.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #203 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 10:36:03 »
Im I thwb middle of fciking nowhwhere drinking ny myseld cause friends and family ledt me yoday. Todau eeminds me of so mich od 4 years ago when a bunchbod my friends died with a couple months. I feel fucjjbg alome. Itried fishinf with my bow bur the fish here are so danb small
 So duxking hingry. And godmaa. Rbe mostuotoes in korea itxh a whole lot more than they dk in thus us.

Sosokue tftes so fjckibg bad. Idk why itbo keep dreeoijng ankywahm. mh russoan friends frkm aprogeam I met drjnks vodka lke watre. When I drjnm the onku thing that changes about me is my vsiosn and my moht. I find it ducjjng annnkyjng and depreaskbf that my friensa and family cant tell im drimking and ice drink by myself for quite a whkle. Ive recebtly started talking a kkt to a person I met tvis simmer while drinkjng fie tbe first tjme bur she ****ibg keft also. I feel like talking ****kiads cause of hrt lolollokkklol

Bow fishing and drinking could be a bad combination.

And don't let the Ladies get you down.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #204 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 10:38:35 »
I R COMFYSED!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #205 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 04:02:50 »
Seriously changed two locks, one of which should have taken 1/10 the time but the old screws wouldn't come out, then the new screws wouldn't go in, then the locking mechanism wouldn't go on, and when it finally did and I was testing the lock from the outside I realised that the lock surround was not straight and the vendor name was rotated about 45 degrees so I had to pull it off and loosen the screws to straighten it, then it wouldn't go back on again and eventually I got it done but it too like 10 times longer than it should have.  Not to mention it is the wrong colour as we couldn't get a new one of this particular lock that matched the other locks in colour but anyway.

Also stopped a plastic corrugated car port roof from flapping about in the wind and driving me absolutely crazy (which didn't help while try to swap locks over).

Supposed to be packing - didn't get that achievement this weekend at all.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline belac

« Reply #206 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 11:13:54 »
Setup an ownCloud server and caulked a bathtub. Only one of these was something I wanted to do.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #207 on: Sat, 31 August 2013, 02:14:14 »
Random posting....

Attending Dragon*Con in Atlanta this weekend with my wife. It's a pretty large multi genre convention (52k+ attending this year) that is less known to those outside Georgia and neighboring states (i used to live in Atlanta) .

Whatever, having a good time geeking out.
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 August 2013, 02:22:26 by Glod »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #208 on: Sat, 31 August 2013, 03:30:01 »
Setup an ownCloud server and caulked a bathtub. Only one of these was something I wanted to do.

bath tub fun time 

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #209 on: Sat, 31 August 2013, 06:13:04 »
Just called a local auto body shop, curious to see what their price was to have a keyboard cover painted in an unusual color.  The guy said $250 at the minimum.  My jaw dropped and I said he was crazy.  He kept trying to say that it was not crazy, because I'd be pulling one of his employees from doing something else for 2-3 hours that would cost them $250...   Haha awesome way to do business and what kind of logic is that?  That's how they charge for their services?  Anyway, my most ridiculous experience to date in terms of people naming truly crazy prices for no good reason.  (That's even after I told him that I have a great idea of how painting, sanding, and filling works, as I do it myself--he was still very defensive and argumentative).  Needless to say, this is the primary reason I try to do everything myself.

Having painting done at a professional autobody shop can be VERY expensive. Professional car paint can run north of $1000 a gallon. In some cases, a complete automotive paint job can run a few thousand dollars. So the materials they'd probably use would be pretty expensive. Then they'd have to do a bunch of surface prep, masking, and priming before the keyboard could be painted. They'd have to use one of their spray guns and take time out of another job. Probably an hour or two of labor mixed in there.

So, that's why I paint cars myself with cheap Home Depot enamel paint. Heck, for your keyboard, you could even rattle can it. Probably would run you about $10 in materials.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #210 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 02:01:48 »
Toronto eSports LAN with pro friends and Korean BBQ after... all day.. so tired. fun.
I love Elzy

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #211 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 15:23:06 »
finished Dragon*Con today, waiting for my flight at Atlanta airport. I don't really hate this airport like others do; got used to it I guess.

Offline AndyCapets

• I have a French ANSI keyboard, kiss me now.
    • YouTube!
« Reply #212 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 16:04:24 »
Playing BF3 all day long with a my best friend, then we join a mumble chat to troll people, good times.
I don't I like broccoli.

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #213 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 11:57:31 »
on sunday, i almost walked into this guy.  i nearly shat my pants.
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline bear95

« Reply #214 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 04:51:23 »
Show Image

NOOOOOO!!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 05:12:41 »
Tomorrow I'm gonna play with some clay and glass  :)

...(I guess it's today)

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #216 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 05:31:01 »
Show Image

O.o

Offline Gunni

« Reply #217 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 05:32:34 »
Went to school, watched Breaking Bad, participated in a Minecraft tournament thingo.
CM Storm Quickfire TK w/ Browns HHKB Pro 2

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #218 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 07:27:31 »
Will Jessie or Walt walk out of this alive?

Offline badcop

« Reply #219 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 10:02:04 »
Show Image

NOOOOOO!!

no no you're safe.  this was in maryland.
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #220 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 15:08:34 »
I took a bookcase out of a church, pretty hard work.

Said bookcase

BTW that bookcase is 8ft tall, and we had to drop it over the balcony with ropes  :))
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #221 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 15:17:27 »
I took a bookcase out of a church, pretty hard work.

Said bookcase
Show Image

BTW that bookcase is 8ft tall, and we had to drop it over the balcony with ropes  :))

And what are you going to do with said bookcase?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #222 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 15:18:32 »
Oh its for sale, its not mine, horrible thing. But its worth abit. (Thats only half, we got the bottom down the stairs.)
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #223 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 16:41:47 »
Was used as a mock sacrifice by my history teacher and 4 of my peers. Basically confirmed that I'm my history teacher's ***** (he's the best teacher ever though, so I can't complain)

Would not do again.

There are no pics (that I know of)
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #224 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 18:16:19 »
tried not to vomit the whole day
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline divito

« Reply #225 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 18:49:22 »
Show Image

So damn scary. I once saw something similar up in Canada behind my house in a marsh-like area. Went to go retrieve a stray tennis ball, bent over to pick it up, and one that looked quite similar to your picture was chilling underneath a leaf. Soooo scared and ran the hell out of there so fast without the ball.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #226 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 11:57:22 »
put on pants  ;D  that is to say when my day started there were no pants.

Then I made my new avatar
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Excaliborg

« Reply #227 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 21:02:31 »
I went to class, installed GTA V so that it will be ready for me to play tomorrow after I get some more reading done, and joined an honor society. It was a good day, especially after a weekend spent fighting off a cold/flu and having no energy to do anything.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #228 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 15:18:18 »
Met up with GH member to sell my Filco, bought lunch for myself and ROOTMaSa, opened up a new bank account, skipped school.
I love Elzy

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #229 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 15:21:50 »
Yesterday was my first day off work in 10 days.

I was planning on doing things, but ended up drinking coffee, watching live streams, and sleeping all day.

It was nice.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #230 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 19:46:10 »
almost spilled some bacteria on myself at lab, got a headache shortly after.. was really worried and now im home trying to sleep it off ;_;
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #231 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 20:52:37 »
Spent more than on hour scared, trying to figure out what was wrong with my laptop after I cleaned it and reapplied thermal paste. Long story short, I had just put RAM into the incorrect slot. Idiot.

The result isn't anything spectacular either. sensors  keep showing CPU temperatures around 40 degrees, which is way too much IMHO, although I didn't check that stuff before... Yeah, I'm an idiot. Moreover, it seems that the fan produces high-freq noise that I can hear only with my left ear, not the right one. I'm getting deaf. O_o°

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #232 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 21:39:19 »
Sounds kind of like my last two days..

Trying to sort out my microphone situation to accommodate for and limit the additional keyboard sound, been tweaking the mic angle and all that, moved the cord out of my way while I was at it and bundled it with some other cords under my desk. Tried recording again... crazy fuzzy hissing sibilance noise! Moved everything all over the place, checking connections, checking settings, doing test recording after test recording and nothing seems to help, tried moving the mic and filter into every configuration imaginable.

Two days of frustration later I remember that I moved the cord as well, apparently too close to my battery backup / speakers / cord pile situation. Pulled the mic cord out of that area all together and taped it under my desk: problem solved. :P

Offline morflleh

« Reply #233 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 22:07:05 »
i re-watched how I met your mother old season, still funny lol
Leopold FC700R
Pure Pro

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #234 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 22:40:18 »
I went to school and was late for first period
I then sat through 4 more classes
I then worked out with mis amigos
I then ate dinner with mis amigos and we all went to a required improv performance at my school
I then came home and started playing online chess with photekq and leld

Yesterday was my first day off work in 10 days.

I was planning on doing things, but ended up drinking coffee, watching live streams, and sleeping all day.

It was nice.

sounds like a good kangaroo day

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #235 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 20:22:58 »

You play online chess?  I don't play online, but I play in real life and would be interested in starting to play online.  If you need someone else to play with you should let me know.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #236 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 23:32:54 »

You play online chess?  I don't play online, but I play in real life and would be interested in starting to play online.  If you need someone else to play with you should let me know.

hahah i just started
it all began as a joke that he introduced into me but then our match began to grow heated
so yes..id actually like to play again

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #237 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 23:59:43 »
Made some granola and tortillas from scratch
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #238 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 00:59:48 »
Had the first bonfire of fall.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #239 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 01:11:00 »
Working at night, upgrading a client. Watching lol worlds while waiting for others to complete their part. Damn can't wait to go to bed!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline badcop

« Reply #240 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 13:59:43 »
backlit my tv and monitors with RGB led strips  :cool:

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #241 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 14:09:15 »
Working at night, upgrading a client. Watching lol worlds while waiting for others to complete their part. Damn can't wait to go to bed!
Upgrading what?

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #242 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 14:27:10 »

That looks nice! I've always wanted to do that, what did you use?

Offline badcop

« Reply #243 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 14:37:58 »

That looks nice! I've always wanted to do that, what did you use?

Thanks!  It's been on my list of things to do for years. I used 1 ikea rgb dioder to outline the outside edges of the monitors.  It's not as bright as is in the picture. It's much more subtle. 

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #244 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 15:16:33 »
Watching my Redskins lose at home to the Lions for the first time in 700 years =x

sooo time to get down on some BF3 to relieve stress!

:llama:

Oh those leds look great but like migraine material. gawd I miss Ikea.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 September 2013, 15:18:55 by Cafiend »

Offline Game Theory

« Reply #245 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 15:33:50 »
Web shopping for a micrometer and nut drivers.  Updated my 5251 to xwhatits' newest firmware for his beamspring USB controller.
http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/beamspring-usb-controller-t6044-120.html
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 September 2013, 15:35:31 by Game Theory »
... he's just a poor kid from the stupid ages.
Realforce 104UG | Realforce 91U | IBM SSK | IBM 5251 BeamSpring | IBM Model F XT |  IBM Model F AT | IBM SSK | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX Blue) | KMAC LE (MX Green)| Northgate Omni Key 101 | Avant Stellar Prime

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #246 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 16:02:31 »
Thanks!  It's been on my list of things to do for years. I used 1 ikea rgb dioder to outline the outside edges of the monitors.  It's not as bright as is in the picture. It's much more subtle.

Your monitor setup is basically my to do list. I've wanted a monitor stand and backlighting for ages... should really get on that. But of course, I would want to buy a third monitor so I had two matching ones for the stand, then I'd want to have all three plugged in and have to buy/change components to get that to work... it's a slippery slope. ;) Probably just start with the keyboard stuff and some backlighting for now.

Offline badcop

« Reply #247 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 16:19:20 »

Your monitor setup is basically my to do list. I've wanted a monitor stand and backlighting for ages... should really get on that. But of course, I would want to buy a third monitor so I had two matching ones for the stand, then I'd want to have all three plugged in and have to buy/change components to get that to work... it's a slippery slope. ;) Probably just start with the keyboard stuff and some backlighting for now.

slippery slope indeed.  Back lighting is a great first step.  I didn't realize how much a white back light behind a monitor makes it pop until now.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #248 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 16:57:58 »
At Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Va.

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #249 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 16:59:21 »
slippery slope indeed.  Back lighting is a great first step.  I didn't realize how much a white back light behind a monitor makes it pop until now.

I had a lamp set up angled at the wall behind, I'm very fond of soft bounce lighting to ease my eyes at night. Time for a trip to Ikea!