Author Topic: GIGANTIC CM STORM AWESOME CREATIVE FUN THING **READ THIS FIRST**  (Read 231513 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: GIGANTIC CM STORM AWESOME CONTEST CLICK ME HERE RIGHT NOW
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 21:26:20 »
c'mon parcelforce
for reference, these guys have been waiting for their covers for TWO WEEKS. they're stuck in customs :|

and the hilarious thing is i that i shelled out for priority mail express international (3-5 days anywhere in the world) for them :|

there aren't enough rolleyes in the world  to express how unhappy i am about this.

Damn that one British postal worker who intercepts stuff :/

I say we setup a sting operation with a GPS tracker inside a keyboard or something.

Great - then some anonymous British postal worker gets not only new QFR case tops, but also some neat GPS hardware.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 21:56:21 »
ahahaha

the australian brings the smack down on the royal mail

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 07:53:36 »
c'mon parcelforce
for reference, these guys have been waiting for their covers for TWO WEEKS. they're stuck in customs :|

and the hilarious thing is i that i shelled out for priority mail express international (3-5 days anywhere in the world) for them :|

there aren't enough rolleyes in the world  to express how unhappy i am about this.

I say we setup a sting operation with a GPS tracker inside a keyboard or something.

Great - then some anonymous British postal worker gets not only new QFR case tops, but also some neat GPS hardware.

but then we get to send Tym to his house with all his shotguns.

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 16:32:28 »
Back active. Puppy pics coming soon.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 17:07:15 »
c'mon parcelforce

No ammunition though - he has cut them up to make keycaps.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 17:10:04 »
c'mon parcelforce

No ammunition though - he has cut them up to make keycaps.

dang it Tym!!!

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 08:04:36 »
UK-WATCH 2013: ROYAL MAIL HAS ATTEMPTED DELIVERY TO PHOTEKQ. EAT THAT CUSTOMS YAAAAAA MURRICA

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 13:44:02 »
actually customs gave him a bill for 4 times the declared and real value of the package. sigh. it's been paid. he should have them today or tomorrow and reship them within the UK.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 02:29:01 »
Back active. Puppy pics coming soon.
Are the coupons only supposed to be redeemable by those living in the US? I tried applying the code after estimating shipping costs and it said that my shipping address doesn't meet the location requirements. I should probably note that I live in BC, Canada.
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 15:08:16 »
my tops showed up today!

time for some fun!!!  :thumb:

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 23:20:57 »
yes, the code only applies to US shipping. carter and i are literally talking about how to best serve internationals right now. obviously what i did with the UK folks was a colossal failure; lesson learned, fixes hopefully incoming.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 09:21:33 »
although the end date is still TBA, consider it to be at least 45 days from now if not more. you still have plenty of time to order, receive your order, start experimenting and learn from all the master classes being given in the making qfr tops together forum :)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 10:07:45 »
heads up! i will be vending CM STORM QFR TOP CASES, limit 4 per user, international shipping A-OK. I will have limited stock, so internationals will take priority.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 10:09:20 »
Would they fit on a Filco MJ2 TKL?
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 10:10:15 »
no idea!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #115 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 10:12:27 »
Would they fit on a Filco MJ2 TKL?

I think so there is one stand off on the QFR top you have to snip off and you will have to do a little modding to get the cable out the back.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 23:04:04 »
This has ceased to be a contest and will shortly become A LIFESTYLE

details forthcoming

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Re: GIGANTIC CM STORM AWESOME CONTEST^H^H^H^H THING CLICK ME HERE RIGHT NOW
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 17:24:18 »
the basic idea is that this is never going to have a concrete endpoint. we're just going to chat every once in a while, congratulate everyone for being awesome, give some swag out, then let everyone get back to work. MAKE AWESOME STUFF PEOPLE!!!

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 13:28:06 »
ok i ordered a black one for 5 bucks! i painted my original qfr rapid case baby pink so i am not sure what i want to do with this one. maybe something crazy like what bunnylakes splatter caps look like but on a case. not sure. maybe i should spraypaint it gold or some ****. or maybe white. or maybe sky blue, or maybe....

where are people going to post all the awesome things we do to these cases? i really wish i could get a clear one. that would be awesome.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 13:31:58 »
ok i ordered a black one for 5 bucks! i painted my original qfr rapid case baby pink so i am not sure what i want to do with this one. maybe something crazy like what bunnylakes splatter caps look like but on a case. not sure. maybe i should spraypaint it gold or some ****. or maybe white. or maybe sky blue, or maybe....

where are people going to post all the awesome things we do to these cases? i really wish i could get a clear one. that would be awesome.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?board=152.0

Offline MsYutai

Re: GIGANTIC CM STORM AWESOME CREATIVE FUN THING **READ THIS FIRST**
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 15:26:37 »
I didn't see this contest til just now!

I see the coupon is expired as of 9/30. Any plans to renew it? I'd like to try my hand at painting! Thanks!
CM Storm Quickfire XT - MX Reds

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 15:28:51 »
I didn't see this contest til just now!

I see the coupon is expired as of 9/30. Any plans to renew it? I'd like to try my hand at painting! Thanks!

You should PM mkawa he can probably help you out.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #122 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 15:32:20 »
Only just noticed what you said about me  :))

Although maybe a privatized postal service will work better? Probably not.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 16:59:28 »
the coupon should not have expired. will get that fixed.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #124 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 17:02:54 »
I think we're looking at sometime next week for the first powow and smoke alarm awarding ceremony ;)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 17:04:03 »
and yes, while the coupon is bugging out, if you're anywhere but canada, feel free to PM me for cases.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 19:07:43 »
coupon is working again folks!

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 18:00:54 »
coupon is working again folks!

Thanks much, cases are on the way  :D
CM Storm Quickfire XT - MX Reds

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX

Offline Repulsel

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 04:23:17 »
coupon seems to have expired on 31st of October 2013

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 21:34:27 »
coupon seems to have expired on 31st of October 2013

Just got the same error. I'd love a few more to play around with.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 21:09:16 »
there will be more. i have quite a few and i've pinged CM on their availability and willingness to continue the coupon. i'm about to archive this forum, so watch the worklog forum stickies for information about obtaining more covers.