Author Topic: Banggood keycaps?  (Read 36981 times)

Offline boogerlad

Banggood keycaps?
« on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 13:19:16 »
They say they are pbt, but does anyone actually have a set of them? How does the quality compare to the imsto ones? Are they thick as well? Something must explain the huge price difference.

Is the spacebar made out of abs?

What profile are these?
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 September 2013, 16:29:40 by boogerlad »

Offline divito

Re: Banggood keycaps?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 14:42:46 »
They say they are pbt, but does anyone actually have a set of them? How does the quality compare to the imsto ones? Are they thick as well? Something must explain the huge price difference.

Is the spacebar made out of abs?

I paid the $17 or whatever it was for the blank white ones to test them out. While I've never tried other PBT given my newness, I'll try to do a post on them when they arrive. It'll probably be awhile though before they show up.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 14:44:52 »
i got a set of POM keys coming from them as well so I'll let you know how they are.  Should be fine - this is the same website that sent out free ying yang keys recently and I got that pretty quick.
-wd

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 15:20:00 »
I got the free yin yang keycap from them, (including free shipping) Really impressed at how fast and the quality :)
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline acer589

• Gotta get out of college
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 00:42:13 »
Like everyone else in this thread, mine are in the mail.
MX Blue Black Widow Ultimate    MX Black Quickfire Rapid TKL    MX Black Poker II

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 10:15:37 »
I bought the white blanks, black blank pom, and PBT RGB mods  :p

The excite!  All of it!
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 07:07:03 »
Hey all, I have also ordered a set of blank white PBT and blank black POM caps from them. Any of you received yours yet?
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline V1ral

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 16:38:04 »
I just got my POM and PBT set in the mail last week. Here's a comparison pic with a few other key caps. I will say that the POM caps from Banggood are extremely tight on the stems, even more so than my other POM set. As you can see, it pulled the stem out from one of my switches when I tried to remove it. Nothing's broken, and if I can get the stem out I can just drop it back into the switch. But still, what a PITA.

From left to right: stock QFR, stock Poker, Imsto/KBC thick PBT, Banggood PBT, Banggood POM, rainbow jelly POM (from feng).

Sorry, no pics of the tops, but I will say that both are OEM profile. The PBT caps have a nice amount of roughness on the surface, similar to other PBT caps I've tried.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 October 2013, 16:39:37 by V1ral »

Offline acer589

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 20:56:00 »
Yeah, I got mine in. Aside from a few having ugly back ends (which you don't see when facing it) they are very good. Honestly they're very similar to the ones that were on my Poker II.
MX Blue Black Widow Ultimate    MX Black Quickfire Rapid TKL    MX Black Poker II

Offline kaotikb

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 23:52:50 »
I have a set of white pbt on my Gigabyte board. Cant complain, for the price and free shipping they are worth it. 
Ducky 1087 (Green ALPS) |  CM QFR Stealth (MX Brown) | Unicomp Ultra Classic |Poker II (MX Brown)  | IBM 1391401 1991 | IBM 1391401 1989 | Ducky Shine 3 White Edition (MX Brown) | G80-3700(MX Black) | Corsair K70 (MX Brown) | Varmillo VA87MR (Gateron Red)

Pointing Devices:  Microsoft Trackball Optical (Ceramic bearings Installed)  | Sanwa MA-TB39BK (Larger Ceramic Bearings Installed) | Elecom M-XT2URBK | Kensington Slimblade | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Logitech Trackman Marble Plus

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 01:34:14 »
I've been tempted by the price as well. They look like they're in between thin and thick...Medium PBT caps? :))
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Belfong

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 01:53:33 »
I have a lot of suspicious over China made stuff.. and free shipping - the cost must have gone to somewhere. So, just be wary.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 02:19:54 »
I have a lot of suspicious over China made stuff.. and free shipping - the cost must have gone to somewhere. So, just be wary.

Wary of what? I dislike this accusing of a business just because of the country of origin,  its like business-racism. They have cheap but working goods and are not scamming anyone so what?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 03:48:58 »
Wary of the quality of the goods. Perhaps it looked good now but will the product stand the test of times? I don't know about you but I have been burned a couple of times importing goods from China. It looked like the real thing... they even imitate their own home-grown brand - I imported a power bank thinking it was the popular/reputable Yoobao brand but it turned out that there are imitations of Yoobao power bank. So it was cheap, but it didn't hold it charges for long. Yeah, be wary!

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 04:18:15 »
I could say the same for all the aftermarket thick keycaps we're buying. They're all sourced from China, yet we're still paying a premium for the thicker keycaps.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 05:22:10 »
I just got my POM and PBT set in the mail last week. Here's a comparison pic with a few other key caps. I will say that the POM caps from Banggood are extremely tight on the stems, even more so than my other POM set. As you can see, it pulled the stem out from one of my switches when I tried to remove it. Nothing's broken, and if I can get the stem out I can just drop it back into the switch. But still, what a PITA.

Show Image

From left to right: stock QFR, stock Poker, Imsto/KBC thick PBT, Banggood PBT, Banggood POM, rainbow jelly POM (from feng).

Sorry, no pics of the tops, but I will say that both are OEM profile. The PBT caps have a nice amount of roughness on the surface, similar to other PBT caps I've tried.

Thank you for this. Guess I am going to have to choose carefully which keys to put the POM caps on. They look similar to the stock QFR and jelly POM molds. I was hoping they'd be a bit thicker, but considering the cost I am satisfied. Can't wait for mine to arrive now :)
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 06:23:44 »
I could say the same for all the aftermarket thick keycaps we're buying. They're all sourced from China, yet we're still paying a premium for the thicker keycaps.

The best one's come from Germany :P

Offline acer589

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 14:33:37 »
Wary of the quality of the goods. Perhaps it looked good now but will the product stand the test of times? I don't know about you but I have been burned a couple of times importing goods from China. It looked like the real thing... they even imitate their own home-grown brand - I imported a power bank thinking it was the popular/reputable Yoobao brand but it turned out that there are imitations of Yoobao power bank. So it was cheap, but it didn't hold it charges for long. Yeah, be wary!

My thought is, it's not electronics. They're pieces of plastic. If they fit the stems, and are the right shape, then there can't be anything wrong with them. My spacebar from them was A LITTLE bent, but you kind of expect that with PBT, even from the big companies.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 14:37:51 »

My thought is, it's not electronics. They're pieces of plastic. If they fit the stems, and are the right shape, then there can't be anything wrong with them. My spacebar from them was A LITTLE bent, but you kind of expect that with PBT, even from the big companies.

The thickness, material, texture etc all make a difference when it comes to key caps.

Offline acer589

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 14:42:04 »

The thickness, material, texture etc all make a difference when it comes to key caps.

I mean... I have them. They're... not THICK but certainly not thin. They're definitely PBT. And they have a kind of rough texture, but not like sandpaper. Just enough to give you a little grip. Also, they're $17. So, there's that.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 18:01:19 »
Binge verdict?  Good deal for the quality of cap.  Get a set of keys or a Bingecap?  :thumb:
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline divito

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 20:13:07 »
Got mine yesterday. In the process of putting them on now. As others have said, they're definitely not thick, but white PBT and $17, for an 87-key set. Pretty good deal overall. I'll maybe do some pics when I'm done. Also, no warped keys either.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 October 2013, 20:51:01 by divito »

Offline acer589

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 21:50:55 »
Got mine yesterday. In the process of putting them on now. As others have said, they're definitely not thick, but white PBT and $17, for an 87-key set. Pretty good deal overall. I'll maybe do some pics when I'm done. Also, no warped keys either.

You sure about your spacebar?

Offline divito

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 21:58:05 »

You sure about your spacebar?

Yes, looks good and straight from all angles. Lining up something straight on the bottom-front portion, it may be a millimeter or so curved on the mid-right side, but it's not noticeable otherwise. Glad I escaped with something not obvious :P

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 00:54:11 »
Just ordered a set also, should be in after a week or so. Will post later.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 01:43:52 »
Aren't they just Keycool PBT caps?  Not horrible quality, but definitely not bad either and much easier and cheaper than trying to buy off of Taobao.  I wonder if we could get them to carry more of the interesting stuff that you can find on Taobao but is more difficult to find elsewhere.  If they keep expanding like they are, Qtan and Feng are going to face some stiff competition, especially with the pricing Banggood is offering.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 04:06:12 »
Aren't they just Keycool PBT caps?  Not horrible quality, but definitely not bad either and much easier and cheaper than trying to buy off of Taobao.  I wonder if we could get them to carry more of the interesting stuff that you can find on Taobao but is more difficult to find elsewhere.  If they keep expanding like they are, Qtan and Feng are going to face some stiff competition, especially with the pricing Banggood is offering.

But I must say their service is most likely nowhere near as good as Qtan or Feng... I ordered a set of White PBT 87 key and a set of Black POM 87 key. After a few days they infromed me that the PBT caps aren't in stock and I'd have to wait a month or change the order. So I switched to the 84 key set since I don't need the odd sized keys (modifiers, etc). Then a few days later they said the same for the POM set, so again I changed it to the 84. Still no message to tell me my package is shipped. I ordered on the 26th. They sent the yin/yang caps I ordered at the same time the day after I ordered, though, so I guess it's mostly just that their inventory system doesn't work how it should. Their system really shouldn't allow people to add items to their cart if they don't have stock.

[UPDATE] - They've shipped! :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 October 2013, 10:47:05 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline kaotikb

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 23:43:57 »
I have the 104 pbt white printed set. They look pretty good. The photo second photo is with the back light on my gigabyte board at 100% , I usually keep it around 25 or so for a very faint glow. I just thought people would like to see them.

Ducky 1087 (Green ALPS) |  CM QFR Stealth (MX Brown) | Unicomp Ultra Classic |Poker II (MX Brown)  | IBM 1391401 1991 | IBM 1391401 1989 | Ducky Shine 3 White Edition (MX Brown) | G80-3700(MX Black) | Corsair K70 (MX Brown) | Varmillo VA87MR (Gateron Red)

Pointing Devices:  Microsoft Trackball Optical (Ceramic bearings Installed)  | Sanwa MA-TB39BK (Larger Ceramic Bearings Installed) | Elecom M-XT2URBK | Kensington Slimblade | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Logitech Trackman Marble Plus

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 00:41:07 »
hey folks, i'm not going to lock or significantly edit this thread as it predates the ban, but banggood is not allowed to do business on this board due to numerous violations of the VTOS. please note that they were previously known as tmart (somewhere around a 0 on resellerratings). as tmart, they did the exact same thing they are doing as banggood, sourcing goods on taobao and then shipping just-in-time after the orders come in. however, the reason they have a 0 on resellerratings is because they finished this off by a cut-and-run.

further, they went to such lengths as attempting to bribe a moderator with a coupon in order to get an admin to give them a vendor forum during the vendor forum moratorium, as well as starting a number of dummy accounts that were talking with each other to bring their name up more often.

the reason we are probably seeing them here now because they have been using the exact same tactics on reddit and we have continued to get some spillover despite me specifically banning all banggood accounts and informing a number of independent individuals that they were harassing and attempting to use as viral marketers that they were absolutely advised to ignore the vendor.

that said, qtan and feng can both purchase anything off of taobao, including these keycool caps and have them sent to you. i don't know what the price differential would be, but qtan and feng are both vendors with extremely high reputations who follow all the rules of geekhack to the tee and have been for years. you are free to make your own choice obviously, but the moderation team will be squashing future threads of this nature due to the vendor ban.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 00:51:12 »
I kind of suspected something like this, but thanks for the detailed clarification!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 00:56:00 »
I got the free yin yang keycap from them, (including free shipping) Really impressed at how fast and the quality :)
When was this?

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 00:59:10 »
hey folks, i'm not going to lock or significantly edit this thread as it predates the ban, but banggood is not allowed to do business on this board due to numerous violations of the VTOS. please note that they were previously known as tmart (somewhere around a 0 on resellerratings). as tmart, they did the exact same thing they are doing as banggood, sourcing goods on taobao and then shipping just-in-time after the orders come in. however, the reason they have a 0 on resellerratings is because they finished this off by a cut-and-run.

further, they went to such lengths as attempting to bribe a moderator with a coupon in order to get an admin to give them a vendor forum during the vendor forum moratorium, as well as starting a number of dummy accounts that were talking with each other to bring their name up more often.

the reason we are probably seeing them here now because they have been using the exact same tactics on reddit and we have continued to get some spillover despite me specifically banning all banggood accounts and informing a number of independent individuals that they were harassing and attempting to use as viral marketers that they were absolutely advised to ignore the vendor.

that said, qtan and feng can both purchase anything off of taobao, including these keycool caps and have them sent to you. i don't know what the price differential would be, but qtan and feng are both vendors with extremely high reputations who follow all the rules of geekhack to the tee and have been for years. you are free to make your own choice obviously, but the moderation team will be squashing future threads of this nature due to the vendor ban.

I would like to add that I actually have spoken to the user previously known as tmart on numerous occasions through skype. The user was very nice to me but was very focused on getting people to buy from banggood. I tried to explain to him how being a reputable and honest person on GeekHack would go miles and miles into becoming a Vendor and being able to grow a business. Apparently I was just being used to write up a review to try and drive as much traffic to their site as possible. I honestly did the review because I love keyboards and love hearing peoples opinions on such things so I feel that my opinion may help someone new to keyboards.

Anyways all that to say I tried to guide this individual to behave like a sane business person but it fell upon deaf hears I suppose. Sad to see and hear about and sorry if I aided in any negative activity on GeekHack. :(

I love you guys and gals :)
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 01:09:19 »
their tactic seems to be to grow a business via small losses or at-cost selling as quickly as possible, then when their oustanding accounts payable is large enough, they just cut and run with the money.

thankfully for the people purchasing from them, they have not done so with the banggood name yet, but please be aware that this is their MO, and that among other things is why they are not allowed to advertise or do any business at all on geekhack. in fact, please report any activity from them that you see.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 01:13:16 »
their tactic seems to be to grow a business via small losses or at-cost selling as quickly as possible, then when their oustanding accounts payable is large enough, they just cut and run with the money.

thankfully for the people purchasing from them, they have not done so with the banggood name yet, but please be aware that this is their MO, and that among other things is why they are not allowed to advertise or do any business at all on geekhack. in fact, please report any activity from them that you see.

Will do, I haven't been contacted since my review though so that is nice.
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 01:17:13 »
Oh wow, then the $60 keycool 84 I bought wasn't really a sale. Shame, I had relatives in china at that time, they could have gotten me the item for cheaper...

Offline kaotikb

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 17:47:08 »

Thanks for the info, i will stop buying from them. I did make a few purchases off tmart but never had any problems.

Offline divito

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 17:51:35 »
The extra clarification is helpful, but I've ordered a few things off their site with zero problems so far. Will have to be wary of possible issues in the future, but for some of the items and prices, along with free shipping, it's very tempting despite their sordid past.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 17:55:09 »
Hmmm, Interseting! Thanks Mkawa!
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Aliwia

• WTB Cuprubber
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 20:11:45 »

I would like to add that I actually have spoken to the user previously known as tmart on numerous occasions through skype. The user was very nice to me but was very focused on getting people to buy from banggood. I tried to explain to him how being a reputable and honest person on GeekHack would go miles and miles into becoming a Vendor and being able to grow a business. Apparently I was just being used to write up a review to try and drive as much traffic to their site as possible. I honestly did the review because I love keyboards and love hearing peoples opinions on such things so I feel that my opinion may help someone new to keyboards.

Anyways all that to say I tried to guide this individual to behave like a sane business person but it fell upon deaf hears I suppose. Sad to see and hear about and sorry if I aided in any negative activity on GeekHack. :(

Gave free keycaps, gets ****talked. GG

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 23:15:15 »
Please delete double post
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 October 2013, 23:17:00 by ITzNybble »
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 23:16:13 »

Gave free keycaps, gets ****talked. GG

I wouldn't say **** talked... Like I said he was very nice to me and we had many conversations about his business and non business related topics... Just the not abiding by the terms of use on this forum is a NoNo and repeated offensives should not go unpunished.

WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue

Offline Belfong

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 23:28:53 »
You may have got your goods but that doesn't mean it will not blow up in your face in the future. Thanks for the clarification. I knew something is fishy with free shipping WW. No one could do that without any catch.

Why not sticky this statement/warning? But I guess bang good doesn't need to depend on keyboard only. There are many other merchandise that they are selling. It's sad!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 00:43:00 »
That explains a lot. Thanks for the heads up, mkawa!

In future I will be using Feng or Qtan. Good customer service and support are getting more scarce nowadays, especially in niche markets.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline BakerMan1971

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 05:58:57 »
I know I am new here, but this smacks of censorship.
Are we going to ban threads from every company that gives out bad service or goes bust and sets up again?

I have only ever dealt with banggood once, and apart from a 14day delivery time, had no problems with them.
Cut and Run happens all the time, even big name brands have done it and still come back and continued trading on the same business model.
off the top of my head look at ex Virgin Megastore in the Uk Zaavi.

so just to get this straight, if I buy a keycool keyboard from Feng or Qtan and post about it on here that thread would be ok
but if I bought it from anyone you don't approve of, it will be squashed?
REALLY?

I don't normally wade into this kind of discussion, and am happy just being an enthusiast, but I want forums to be totally open
Don't get me wrong, if a vendor is disobeying the rules and spamming etc, fine ban that vendor, but do not ban individual comments on them or the products.

If I got you wrong I will apologise in advance, but it just doesn't sit right with me.

Cheers
Bo
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 October 2013, 06:01:09 by BakerMan1971 »

Offline gigibecali

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 07:30:47 »
While I understand and accept your point of view, I think you're overreacting a bit.
There is this notion of false advertising and generally people try to squash it in all forms and mediums.
Most people do not have the time to hunt for hints and comments on forums and the like when they wish to buy something.
Fragmenting the audience is common practice and gets you doubt on those complaining.
As you probably know, some Chinese businesses do just that while their products are absolute crap.
Do you ever want to keep doing business, any business, with a dishonest person?

Btw, I've just been bitten by banggood POM keycaps set...
IBM M - UK  |  QFR reds  |  QFR blacks  |  HPE 87 browns  |  HPE 87 blues

Offline BakerMan1971

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 07:49:46 »
It is absolutely no different to Amazon running 3rd party sellers who are Cash Converters in disguise, selling pawned products (yes the Samsung Laptop I bought late last year was just that, pretending to be some nice lady selling her unwanted laptop).

Or how about the multitude of Ebay sellers that rip people off.

All I am asking for is non censorship, and what do you mean people don't have the time to hunt for hints and comments in forums?
that's the whole reason for checking out reviews.

Again, I not defending anyone, but let's just flip this around and ask if it is in fact other sellers using admin access to restrict anything that doesn't mention their own wares for sale.

If a company really is that bad, then the reviews will speak for themselves.

Cheers
Bo

p.s. when you say bitten, did you lose your money, or were they just unable to fulfill an order?

Offline gigibecali

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 07:58:37 »
It is absolutely no different to Amazon running 3rd party sellers who are Cash Converters in disguise, selling pawned products (yes the Samsung Laptop I bought late last year was just that, pretending to be some nice lady selling her unwanted laptop).

Or how about the multitude of Ebay sellers that rip people off.

All I am asking for is non censorship, and what do you mean people don't have the time to hunt for hints and comments in forums?
that's the whole reason for checking out reviews.

Again, I not defending anyone, but let's just flip this around and ask if it is in fact other sellers using admin access to restrict anything that doesn't mention their own wares for sale.

If a company really is that bad, then the reviews will speak for themselves.

Cheers
Bo

p.s. when you say bitten, did you lose your money, or were they just unable to fulfill an order?

Money, ofc. It's all about money, isn't it? :)
IBM M - UK  |  QFR reds  |  QFR blacks  |  HPE 87 browns  |  HPE 87 blues

Offline BakerMan1971

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 08:09:31 »
Ah yes the tight keycaps quickly searched your posts :)
so why not send them back?

anyway don't want to stray away from my point, Please keep the forum open and unbiased.

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 08:15:02 »
I'll make a PSA on reddit. I would hate for someone on there too get scammed too.
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 11:25:23 »
I feel like there's a bit much overreacting here, I've heard that the keycaps aren't bad, with medium-thickness and the problems, although high, not ubiquitous.
I've ordered a set of those for my first keycaps last week, I'll post later if I have issues with the caps and how long the shipping is.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.