Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4185067 times)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #24400 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 13:05:09 »
FYI conservation grazing is a thing.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24401 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 13:12:44 »
No baby humans will eat raw flesh , but they will reach for and put an apple in their mouths.

We are not instinctive carnivores,  a hungry baby wolf will eat a rabbit, a hungry human baby will play with the rabbit..

I have a question on this being as baby humans are the most pathetic first stage of life I can think of (a giraffe falls 6 foot to the floor then gets up and walks in minutes, lion cubs sit quietly where they're told until a parent brings them food and even tadpoles have the sense to run away, but humans can't see or move and have a hole in their head making them fragile.  If that wasn't bad enough they make ridiculous amounrs of noise which would attract predators...)

Does the baby play with the rabbit because it can't see it to know what it is, because it's too stupid to realise it could eat it, or because it instinctively knows it doesn't like raw meat?  Someone should wire one up to an MRI and find out :))
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #24402 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 13:15:08 »
FYI conservation grazing is a thing.

Eating animals is not healthy for humans.

It takes More resources and effort to obtain what's essentially _Worst Nutrition_

It is illogical/ inefficient/ and unnecessary.

If the answer you're looking for is, how do I continue to be a Capitalist. Hey.. Do YOU.. That's fine.

I only recommend you take an active role is attempting to jump ship when possible.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24403 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 13:18:49 »
No baby humans will eat raw flesh , but they will reach for and put an apple in their mouths.

We are not instinctive carnivores,  a hungry baby wolf will eat a rabbit, a hungry human baby will play with the rabbit..

I have a question on this being as baby humans are the most pathetic first stage of life I can think of (a giraffe falls 6 foot to the floor then gets up and walks in minutes, lion cubs sit quietly where they're told until a parent brings them food and even tadpoles have the sense to run away, but humans can't see or move and have a hole in their head making them fragile.  If that wasn't bad enough they make ridiculous amounrs of noise which would attract predators...)

Does the baby play with the rabbit because it can't see it to know what it is, because it's too stupid to realise it could eat it, or because it instinctively knows it doesn't like raw meat?  Someone should wire one up to an MRI and find out :))

Increased MRI and Xrays  greatly increases a person's cancer odds. 

It's probably not ethical to scan babies.

Human babies are born helpless and feeble to enable a larger head to body ratio.

Our species relies on Mid-Game Timing attack.

No zerg rush.. ..

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #24404 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 13:37:53 »
Quote from: tp4tissue

Projecting much?

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24405 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 13:59:16 »
We are exposed to far more radiation from natural sources every year than what a few X-rays can possibly give, which is why we use them in medical imaging. But X-rays aren't helpful for understanding the brain anyways, MRIs are far more helpful (for which there is no radiation at all.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24406 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 14:05:10 »
We are exposed to far more radiation from natural sources every year than what a few X-rays can possibly give, which is why we use them in medical imaging. But X-rays aren't helpful for understanding the brain anyways, MRIs are far more helpful (for which there is no radiation at all.

I meant to say CT from my last post.

But, any time I hear physicists say Non-Ionizing radiation..  I get nervous..

I just don't trust them.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24407 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 14:09:24 »
Quote from: tp4tissue

Projecting much?

What is it that I'm projecting

Be healthy

Eat vegetables

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #24408 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 14:37:41 »
If you look up the list of countries by meat consumption, the US of A is at the top of the list, while most European (not to mention 3rd world) countries sit much lower.

These numbers are so high because of the mainstream: people like my coworkers, who eat a couple of factory-farmed meat-based meals on daily basis. (Meanwhile, 'murrican portions are supposedly larger.)

That's probably your default reference-point. I'm very much opposed to that kind of lifestyle with its health and environmental impact, though.

OTOH, don't forget that radical Vegans are opposed to all sorts of animal products, including leather or wool to pick the most obvious examples.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24409 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 15:06:02 »
If you look up the list of countries by meat consumption, the US of A is at the top of the list, while most European (not to mention 3rd world) countries sit much lower.

These numbers are so high because of the mainstream: people like my coworkers, who eat a couple of factory-farmed meat-based meals on daily basis. (Meanwhile, 'murrican portions are supposedly larger.)

That's probably your default reference-point. I'm very much opposed to that kind of lifestyle with its health and environmental impact, though.

OTOH, don't forget that radical Vegans are opposed to all sorts of animal products, including leather or wool to pick the most obvious examples.

I only oppose the current stream of mis-information on animal foods in reference to health.

As for Violence, Cruelty, Subjugation,  These are capitalist facets which will never go away as long as we have this system..   It's not efficient, but it's the best humanity can do at the moment.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #24410 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 15:21:04 »
Many cultures have been violent and cruel without capitalism.

Anyway, my point is that there's more to raising such animals than mass meat consumption.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24411 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 15:26:38 »
Many cultures have been violent and cruel without capitalism.

Anyway, my point is that there's more to raising such animals than mass meat consumption.

What exactly is the utility in raising animals if not to eat them ?

We can not revitalize nature's balance of animals and forests as it were.

We can only STOP converting land life INTO cows/chicken/pigs,  so that the natural balance can restore itself.

What is the _More_ that you're proposing we do with Farm Animals ?

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24412 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 15:28:28 »
An easy example are sheep, which serve as both a source of textiles (wool) and food (lamb).
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24413 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 15:40:23 »
An easy example are sheep, which serve as both a source of textiles (wool) and food (lamb).

It is Highly inefficient to derive textile from animals..

The goal is to stay warm, as it is to remain fed, Fine..

However, We have much better ways of achieving those goals. with much less effort.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #24414 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 15:45:22 »
Again, RTFA on conservation grazing and you seem to forget about the other products (which may range from manure¹ to wool or leather²). And some people simply like animals and that sort of labor.

Other animals are raised for testing, which is irreplaceable.

¹ hmm, can radical Vegans use manure as a fertilizer?
² no, leather or merino wool aren't _easy_ to replace

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #24415 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 15:54:45 »
It's not really relevant in this thread, but I've found some hilarious articles, when looking up "vegan fertilizers", "vegan boots" etc. Sometimes it's interesting; for instance, there are basically no vegan shoes, because of glues made of various proteins (incl. collagen).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24416 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 15:59:07 »
Again, RTFA on conservation grazing and you seem to forget about the other products (which may range from manure¹ to wool or leather²). And some people simply like animals and that sort of labor.

Other animals are raised for testing, which is irreplaceable.

¹ hmm, can radical Vegans use manure as a fertilizer?
² no, leather or merino wool aren't _easy_ to replace

I don't doubt that there may be a farm-like situation whereby some product is produced without harming animals or the environment or land.

But again, we're back to WHY DO IT,  when it's unnecessary...

By all means, Let the buffaloes roam.... But there's no reason to go collecting their waste or their fur..

We can produce fertilizer chemically, in higher quantity, more cheaply, and more efficiently than to send Davkol out with a poker and a bucket..

Also.. Animal feces may well be _Al-naturale,  but it is the primary contamination source of dangerous pathogens like ebola..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24417 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 16:01:24 »
It's not really relevant in this thread, but I've found some hilarious articles, when looking up "vegan fertilizers", "vegan boots" etc. Sometimes it's interesting; for instance, there are basically no vegan shoes, because of glues made of various proteins (incl. collagen).

Veganism is broad..

And alot of it IS SILLY..

Which is why I've always avoided their politics..

The facts are, eat animals = human suffering and early death.

The evidence is concrete

That should be convincing enough..

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #24418 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 16:29:00 »
There's a difference between eating meat twice a day and twice a week.

There's more than meat too.

BTW insect farming

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24419 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 16:41:06 »
There's a difference between eating meat twice a day and twice a week.

There's more than meat too.

BTW insect farming

Eating meat Twice a week is healthier than eating meat twice a day.

Eating meat 0 times forever is by far the Healthiest..

Since it's cheaper and healthier, the only reason left to do it is Cultural.

For that, we simply write down where the culture went wrong, and Renounce it.

DONE.. 

Healthier Humans.. !!

Animal products.. Niche cases will exist, that's not in contention.

But understand that in general, the majority of animal-product is BYPRODUCT of animal agriculture.

They are unsustainable businesses if humans are not also eating the animal.

Insect farming:

This is slightly more efficient than cattle/chicken/pigs.

The reason is because bugs are lower on the food chain, therefore CLOSER to plants.

The closer to PLANTS we farm,  the MORE efficient..

All the way until they create a modified mitochondrial gene which turns people green so we can all be like namekians who don't need food, only sunlight and water.

For now.. Plants >> Insects >> Cows >> Pigs >> Chickens.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24420 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 16:45:55 »
But, if you eat insects you technically won't be able to classify yourself as vegan or vegetarian. That's a problem in of itself.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #24421 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 16:54:24 »
As I wrote, you basically can't get shoes without any animal products (such as the protein-based glues). In practice, nearly everything from the animal is used in one way or another.

Not that it matters, if you're a basement dweller that never leaves for the #outside.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #24422 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 21:17:04 »
As I wrote, you basically can't get shoes without any animal products (such as the protein-based glues). In practice, nearly everything from the animal is used in one way or another.

Not that it matters, if you're a basement dweller that never leaves for the #outside.

WOAH!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #24423 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 23:18:49 »

WOAH!

More
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24424 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 23:43:30 »

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #24425 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 00:03:39 »
I like where this went

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24426 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 00:17:48 »

Offline Frailty

« Reply #24427 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 01:30:17 »
Well, at least we can all agree that eating plastic is the best.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #24428 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 06:00:17 »

Pair of thongs?  In some countries known as "flip flops"?

https://www.thongsaustralia.com/

"Treat your feet to quality" - basically a little flat bit of rubber with a rubber strap across it.  That's it.  No glues.  No buckles.  Nothing else.

Rubber is probably made from petro-chemicals, which technically was animals a couple of hundred million years ago, but does that count?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #24429 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 06:45:35 »

Pair of thongs?  In some countries known as "flip flops"?

https://www.thongsaustralia.com/

"Treat your feet to quality" - basically a little flat bit of rubber with a rubber strap across it.  That's it.  No glues.  No buckles.  Nothing else.

Rubber is probably made from petro-chemicals, which technically was animals a couple of hundred million years ago, but does that count?

.... YES YES THAT COUNTS. THOSE ATOMS BELONGED TO AN INNOCENT TRICERATOPS AND IT DID NOT DIE TO PUT PANSY FOOT COVERINGS ON YOU...... IT DIED TO FUEL MY V8 (i don't actually own a V8)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24430 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 06:50:02 »

.... YES YES THAT COUNTS. THOSE ATOMS BELONGED TO AN INNOCENT TRICERATOPS AND IT DID NOT DIE TO PUT PANSY FOOT COVERINGS ON YOU...... IT DIED TO FUEL MY V8 (i don't actually own a V8)

dk... always afraid wouldn't be able to escape a burning building or from a drugged out mugger if not wearing sneakers.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #24431 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 07:34:23 »

dk... always afraid wouldn't be able to escape a burning building or from a drugged out mugger if not wearing sneakers.

Don't go into buildings and you will never have to escape a burning one. As for the mugger just carry a little baggy of flour mixed with battery acid or something, you will be the ultimate winner.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #24432 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 08:21:09 »
It is Highly inefficient to derive textile from animals..
In land use, yes. In human/machine work, no.
I know of no substitute for wool fibre for use in warm clothing that is not synthetic and which can be produced in colder climates.

Natural rubber is sap from the rubber tree. It is often mixed together with synthetic types of rubber, as natural rubber tends to dissolve and rot over time.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24433 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 08:38:21 »
More coworkers telling me they're thinking of leaving.... :(

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24434 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 11:44:33 »
More coworkers telling me they're thinking of leaving.... :(

I like the change of pace.  :))

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #24435 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 14:39:08 »

Veganism is broad..

The evidence is concrete

There is no concrete evidence that eating meat is bad for you. It's a highly debated subject, with proponents on both sides having valid points.

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #24436 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 14:52:23 »

Veganism is broad..

The evidence is concrete

There is no concrete evidence that eating meat is bad for you. It's a highly debated subject, with proponents on both sides having valid points.

Let's not start that again - the meandering discussion had move on to Crash Bandicoot gifs which I believe is a much more valuable use of time.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #24437 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 14:54:20 »

Let's not start that again - the meandering discussion had move on to Crash Bandicoot gifs which I believe is a much more valuable use of time.

but this is a thread about what's bothering you.... why are you bothered by CB gifs!?  :))

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24438 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:07:39 »

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #24439 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:15:27 »
No, you're right.

In the spirit of the thread: I'm a little bothered by 3rd rate videogame characters (a rolling list):

- Crash Bandicoot
- Rayman
- Spyro
- Conker
- Banjo
- Kazooie (sp?)

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #24440 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:17:58 »
snip

I am bothered that it took me this long to actually read your name....

I kept just saying emyloop in my head. :-X

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #24441 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:22:57 »
as in m-n-l-o-p

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24442 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:24:19 »
I have been reading it as m-in-uh-low-pee this entire time.  :))

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24443 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:52:55 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #24444 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 16:45:37 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24445 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 19:21:46 »
I kept reading it as rechargeable battery guy

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24446 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 20:39:11 »

/Headscratch

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24448 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 20:52:44 »

/Headscratch
Eneloop :eek:

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #24449 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 22:33:09 »

/Headscratch

Same.

/Headscratch
Eneloop :eek:

Ah, alles klar.

Alright then, sure why not: my username has bothered me today. NO THANKS TO ALL Y'ALL.

But, like, Winnie the Pooh "oh bother".