Author Topic: Feenix and USPS Mail International  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
Feenix and USPS Mail International
« on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 14:45:30 »
I know I may not get all that many responses here because I'm located in England, but oh well.

I've recently order the Feenix Nascita from Feenix's website and their shipping service is: USPS Mail Priority International.

Here's my question, I live in England and I'm just wondering whether anyone has either a.) used this USPS service in the past or b.) had a delivery from Feenix and do you need to pay custom/VAT charges? as normally, when I order stuff from America etc, when it gets here, I get a card through the door from the local post office saying that this has a customs charge or whatever and I need to pay XX amount before I can get it redelivered or claim it.

So yeah does anyone know if this is the case with USPS?
你搞砸了

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: Feenix and USPS Mail International
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 14:52:08 »
I know I may not get all that many responses here because I'm located in England, but oh well.

I've recently order the Feenix Nascita from Feenix's website and their shipping service is: USPS Mail Priority International.

Here's my question, I live in England and I'm just wondering whether anyone has either a.) used this USPS service in the past or b.) had a delivery from Feenix and do you need to pay custom/VAT charges? as normally, when I order stuff from America etc, when it gets here, I get a card through the door from the local post office saying that this has a customs charge or whatever and I need to pay XX amount before I can get it redelivered or claim it.

Yes, you will have to pay VAT based on the value the shipper placed on the customs form. USPS Priority International is the lowest level of international shipping I will use, when shipping things from here in the US. Priority Mail Express (aka EMS) is faster, and depending on the package, either a little to a lot more expensive as a shipping option. But EMS always arrives very quickly.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
Re: Feenix and USPS Mail International
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 17:42:49 »

Yes, you will have to pay VAT based on the value the shipper placed on the customs form. USPS Priority International is the lowest level of international shipping I will use, when shipping things from here in the US. Priority Mail Express (aka EMS) is faster, and depending on the package, either a little to a lot more expensive as a shipping option. But EMS always arrives very quickly.

Ah okay man, I thought that the USPS service would of been a rather good one as it cost like $35 for shipping, maybe I was wrong, ah well, as long as it gets here, that's all that matters really.

You've helped a lot though, thanks!
你搞砸了