Author Topic: SOLD...Realforce: Black 87U with Gray-and-White Key Caps  (Read 3797 times)

Offline aref

• Trade Count: (0)
SOLD...Realforce: Black 87U with Gray-and-White Key Caps
« on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 13:12:35 »
SOLD

Near-new Realforce 897U with all 55-gram key switches. Body is black with gray-and-white keys,
as pictured. The keyboard was used on and off for three weeks. I bought the keyboard for my
brother who liked my 87U, which is the same as this one. However, he's decided that he prefers
his HHKB. The keyboard is as new and includes all accessories and the original box.

Please PM if you're interested.

$270 includes UPS Ground shipping. CONUS sales only. If you're interested, please pay via Paypal.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 March 2014, 08:29:52 by SSKGuy »

Offline MarkPharaoh

Re: Realforce: Black 87U with Gray-and-White Key Caps
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 13:51:08 »
I'm a little confused, does this board also come with the stock black keys or just whats on the board? If the latter, that's quite the premium price.

Current: HHKB Pro 2, 87u 55g 10AE, FC600C, Model M 1391401

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 14:11:13 »
I'm a little confused, does this board also come with the stock black keys or just whats on the board? If the latter, that's quite the premium price.

i agree. with the price at this level the stock black caps must come with it.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline mljs54

• Team Topre
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 14:22:20 »
I think the price is a typo :P
ReΛlforce 87UB EK

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 14:26:29 »
I think the price is a typo :P

Yeah, he just sold the other one with the swapped caps (white case, black caps) for $175.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 14:39:28 »
This is $199 brand new from EK man. Shipping is like $10 from them also.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 14:48:47 »

It does have the caps from the white board and includes the lavendar wasd and printed red escape (which are not shipping with the current board from EK), so that's got to be worth a little extra :D

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 14:51:10 »

It does have the caps from the white board and includes the lavendar wasd and printed red escape (which are not shipping with the current board from EK), so that's got to be worth a little extra :D
Oh yeah WASD and Esc didnt come with mine. I had to buy my Esc seperate. :)

Offline remdell

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 15:07:07 »

it's about a $20 value for the red escape and lavendar wasd.  Considering people sell the 87u for $200 and kidchunks is selling his white/gray caps for $100, the pricing for this 87u doesn't look right.

edit: Price was suppose to be $270, which seems okay.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 March 2014, 15:11:40 by remdell »
Rukia PC | RF87U Digilog | Norbaforce MKII Palm Desert | Zenith ZKB-2R | Datadesk MAC-101

Offline aref

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 15:13:15 »
The price should have been listed as $270 with shipping.
I've corrected the original post.

Offline mljs54

• Team Topre
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 15:15:21 »

Does it come with both sets of caps?
ReΛlforce 87UB EK

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 15:38:46 »
Put regular caps on and ill give you 180 for it
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline aref

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 15:41:58 »

Black caps are not available.

Offline mljs54

• Team Topre
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 15:53:26 »

Black caps are not available.

So why would someone pay $60 more than a 87UB or $55 more than a 87UW for your keyboard?  Those are BNIB prices from EK + $10 shipping.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 March 2014, 18:16:42 by mljs54 »
ReΛlforce 87UB EK

Offline intelli78

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:03:39 »
If you don't like a price, the tactful response is to move on. Or: make an offer in private... an asking price is a starting point, no reason to get worked up about it  :rolleyes:

I agree that the asking price is on the high side, but the KB is like new and there is no way to get this desirable color combination without buying two RFs. It is not unreasonable for SSKGuy to ask for a premium.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:07:22 »
If you don't like a price, the tactful response is to move on. Or: make an offer in private... an asking price is a starting point, no reason to get worked up about it  ::)

I agree that the asking price is on the high side, but the KB is like new and there is no way to get this desirable color combination without buying two RFs. It is not unreasonable for SSKGuy to ask for a premium.

^^ and if you did buy both the 87UB and 87UW, at current prices (remember these haven't been this low until recently), and swap caps then sell one for $175 and add in the lavender wads and printed red escape you'd have around $270 left.

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:07:35 »
If you don't like a price, the tactful response is to move on. Or: make an offer in private... an asking price is a starting point, no reason to get worked up about it  :rolleyes:

I agree. No need to threadcrap. GLWS.

Offline irendulic

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:12:52 »

I respectfully disagree. Most people now about the price on EK and none of them is going to buy it, but if someone doesn't know and ends up paying for it more than for the new one, it's not right. Sure, everyone can investigate and it's his fault that he didn't look up the prices in the stores, but in the end it's just not right.
As a new member and new to the keyboard world I really appreciate argument-ed posts commenting on price, both how it's a good offer or too price.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:26:08 »

I respectfully disagree. Most people now about the price on EK and none of them is going to buy it, but if someone doesn't know and ends up paying for it more than for the new one, it's not right. Sure, everyone can investigate and it's his fault that he didn't look up the prices in the stores, but in the end it's just not right.
As a new member and new to the keyboard world I really appreciate argument-ed posts commenting on price, both how it's a good offer or too price.

I understand that point of view, but have to disagree, because in practice it usually devolves into trolling and unpleasantness.

In any case, adding on to Spamray's post, I don't think the price is unreasonable. This combo is rarely sold because people who assemble it like to keep it. Buying new costs ~$440 shipped from EK (and that sale is already supposed to be over by now). You can maybe get $180 for the white board + black caps. So you'll end up paying around $260 plus you'll lose PP fees from selling the unwanted combo, plus that's a hell of a hassle.

Edit: after doing the math, I don't even think it's a high price. It's actually quite a square price considering it includes shipping.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:36:43 by intelli78 »
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 18:04:47 »
Discussion of prices isn't threadcrapping. You may say that the white/grey keycaps with this makes it worth more than the $200 list price, but then you have to discount the lack of original black keycaps.

But the seller can choose to price the items as he/she sees fit. If the item doesn't sell, the price is obviously too high. Maybe someone wants this exact combo, and is willing to pay a premium, who knows? But informing those who may not know about the retail price of the item isn't necessarily a bad thing.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline aref

Re: SOLD...Realforce: Black 87U with Gray-and-White Key Caps
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 18:43:50 »
The 87U has been sold.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 19:03:56 »
i know how im going to get rich now.

buy a black and white 87u, switch caps, sell them for 70 more "because these don't come standard".

I'M QUITTING MY JOB TOMORROW.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 19:13:25 »

buy a black and white 87u, switch caps, sell them for 70 more "because these don't come standard".

Considering the other board sold for $175 and this one for $270 by the time you take out shipping and pp fees then you are losing money.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 19:18:17 »

Considering the other board sold for $175 and this one for $270 by the time you take out shipping and pp fees then you are losing money.

Well, I'll just sell them for 270 freedom bucks since people are willing to pay for it.

Offline chongyixiong

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 23:09:20 »
Just wanna be clear on this, I think I'm the guy who's selling the stormtrooper edition (black on white keys) because searching his past posts doesn't reveal him selling it.
Would have snapped it in a heartbeat and wouldn't have to go through my own trouble of buying 2 sets, and selling off the undesireable one at a lower price (hence mine at a higher premium).

He must have kept the black keys for the HHKB? (Just a theory, but just saying that the white keys on black case combo is damn sweet)

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 23:31:46 »
Discussion of prices isn't threadcrapping. You may say that the white/grey keycaps with this makes it worth more than the $200 list price, but then you have to discount the lack of original black keycaps.

But the seller can choose to price the items as he/she sees fit. If the item doesn't sell, the price is obviously too high. Maybe someone wants this exact combo, and is willing to pay a premium, who knows? But informing those who may not know about the retail price of the item isn't necessarily a bad thing.

informing isn't a bad thing, accusing him of ripping people off and the hostile messages about how stupid the price is would be threadcrapping