Author Topic: Need a VESA mount for my 24" monitor  (Read 3078 times)

Offline Shyfe

Need a VESA mount for my 24" monitor
« on: Mon, 17 August 2009, 03:01:55 »
it should have height adjustment, tilt, and swivel is preferred.

it should be a stand so i can put it on my desk and i'd like if it was black. any suggestions guys?

HHKB (55g) | IBM SSK | Realforce 87U (55g) | Unicomp EnduraPro | KBT Oni

Offline kode

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 17 August 2009, 05:23:12 »
I like my Ergotron stands. One of the best investments I've made on ergonomy was my LX triple display and my LX desk mount notebook arm. They've got quite the selection, though...

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 17 August 2009, 08:33:17 »
Quote from: kode;110167
I like my Ergotron stands. One of the best investments I've made on ergonomy was my LX triple display and my LX desk mount notebook arm. They've got quite the selection, though...

Same here

I've got an Ergotron LX (from reviews the Ergotron Neo-Flex has a hard time holding most standard weight 24s). Great investment, tons of desk real-estate, especially if you have a deep desk. Mount the arm, extend it to however you want, and never deal with a monitor base being in the way again :)

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 17 August 2009, 09:48:12 »
Same here, too. (How boring.)

If something with a 100 mm mount is required, one of these V-shaped Eizo feet as included with 20/21" models may be worth a shot, provided someone wants to get rid of one of course.
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 17 August 2009, 09:50:53 »
I have both the LX (at home) and the Neo-Flex (at work). The LX has had no issues with my 24" monitor at home. I have a 22" on the Neo-Flex at work and I agree I think it would have issues with a 24" monitor. If you do decide to get one search google for them before you buy because the price varies quite a bit depending on where you buy it at. For instance newegg has it for $120 but provantage has them for $106.
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M Space Saver (1291472), Unicomp Customizer x 2
Cherry Brown: Filco FKBN87M/EB, Compaq MX11800
Black Alps: ABS M1
Not so great boards Rare Spring over dome OKI, Sun rack keyboard

Trackballs - Trackman Wheel (3), Trackman marble (2)
Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline Shyfe

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 17 August 2009, 13:31:19 »
damn they cost a lot don't they have some cheap one?

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 17 August 2009, 14:25:34 »
Quote from: Shyfe;110226
damn they cost a lot don't they have some cheap one?

Yes monitor stands are not cheap and the Good ones like ergotron while expensive are worth every penny. But I looked at what you want again and it seems you don't not want a monitor arm but just a stand that allows you to move the monitor up and down and change the tilt and maybe turn it left to right. Take a look at this one Neo-Flex LCD Stand that is what I have at work and it does the job and it is cheaper ($40 at provantage). But before you go out and buy one make sure to read the notes about mid way down the spec page about putting 24" monitors on it (basicly rotation may or may not work becuase you can't lift the monitor high enough to clear the base to rotate it). Another option which Ergotron will be releasing in September is the Neo-Flex Extend LCD Arm it is listed as being cheaper than the LX by $40. I bet thy have added this one to address the short comings of the Neo-Flex LCD Arm which really does not handle 24" well at all.

EDIT: Forgot to add when you price monitors take a close look at those that offer an adjustable stand and you will note that they are $100 more than the same monitor with out an adjustable stand.
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE

Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 17 August 2009, 19:47:51 »
I have the Neo-Flex stand; it does not permit rotating a 24.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 19 August 2009, 23:56:49 »
Take a look at this one from monoprice. Relatively inexpensive, am contemplating ordering non swivel one myself:

monoprice stand

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 20 August 2009, 00:26:00 »
Hmm that is actually not too bad. But I would miss the one thing I really like about the ergotron LX. You just push the monitor around to where you want it and it stays there. So I'm slouching in the chair I just reach out and push it down. I sit up again I just reach out and push it up. And then I want to watch a movie reach out and pull it out so that it is closer to the edge of my desk tilt it forward a little take a seet on the floor with the kids and we can all see it. No fuss adjustment. But you do pay for it. If I did not need the versitality of the LX I would take a look at that monprice stand.
Keyboards

Offline Shyfe

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 20 August 2009, 09:57:05 »
I would definitely shop by reviews. I know you're looking for cheap, but I'm sure you're not the only one looking for an affordable stand that will give you lots of control for your monitor.