Author Topic: Why aren't there any TKL plastic cases?  (Read 2132 times)

Offline base_on_base

• Resident Hydroxide
Why aren't there any TKL plastic cases?
« on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 11:25:23 »
The only TKL cases I can find are Aluminium and cost ₽18427461.94 ≈$150. Does anyone know of any place to get my hands on a plastic TKL case?

WASD V2 - MX Green / Aqua - MX Green(WIP) / Unicomp Ultra Classic - Buckling Springs

Offline Asininity

Re: Why aren't there any TKL plastic cases?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 13:10:20 »
I'm curious as well. I've seen a small handful of group buys for acrylic cased made out of stacked panels. If you have access to a laser cutter it would not be all that difficult to make.

Personally I'd be more interested in a solid case. I wonder how difficult it would be to make a mold and cast your own. I don't know what resin would be appropriate. You wouldn't want it too brittle.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 13:24:44 »
Yes, it is very frustrating that there isn't a standard Phantom case.  There have been a few stacked acrylic cases but nothing that really stands out.  As a TKL user, I wish I had the options that 60% users have.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 13:39:26 »
Everything is always 60%, never TKL :'(

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 20:20:20 »
Yes, it is very frustrating that there isn't a standard Phantom case.  There have been a few stacked acrylic cases but nothing that really stands out.  As a TKL user, I wish I had the options that 60% users have.

So much this! It's so depressing to see group buy after sale after group buy all for 60% cases. I've tried keyboards with Fn layers and I just cant do it, TKL size/layout is perfect for me.

I don't know if the mounting standoffs are spaced right, but assuming they are I feel like KUL is missing an opportunity not making the bottom half of their cases for sale along with the colored tops. I would buy at least two of their cases right now if they were available. I love the white top and would hope for one of their standard black tops as well.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 16:48:26 »

So much this! It's so depressing to see group buy after sale after group buy all for 60% cases. I've tried keyboards with Fn layers and I just cant do it, TKL size/layout is perfect for me.

I don't know if the mounting standoffs are spaced right, but assuming they are I feel like KUL is missing an opportunity not making the bottom half of their cases for sale along with the colored tops. I would buy at least two of their cases right now if they were available. I love the white top and would hope for one of their standard black tops as well.

I too am a lover of TKL.. Let us be sad together

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 16:52:48 »
I'd love to see some sort CNC'd TKL base to use

Offline nova779

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 16:53:10 »
Yeah this is really depressing, I am still on the search for a home for my phantom without having to buy another whole keyboard or steal the case from one I already have.