Author Topic: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped - Form in OP for any missing or damaged keys  (Read 1362637 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: JTK Sophomore GB - buy period over
« Reply #1550 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 09:56:56 »
here is the form for anyone who ordered extras

it was buried a few pages back so just wanted to make sure everyone could find it

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScwo-ZDGFkX8kkyZMPRHw75f-WoqQrqX4rwmULCBe86RpEzCw/viewform

and if anyone would still like a set shoot me a PM
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: JTK Sophomore GB - 70% shipped EXTRAS AVAILABLE
« Reply #1551 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 10:09:05 »
OP  has been updated and ill continue to also update shipping status there

Please post pics when you receive your sets as they will start rolling in fast now, cant wait to see all the configurations

If anyone has any issues or missing keys let me know either via dm or a support ticket on the site and ill get it rectified for you right away

thanks

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1552 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 10:35:30 »
So I'm probably the first to get a new set, and I've just put it on my board.

Initial impressions are very, very good. They look and feel better than GMK; all the legends are fantastic quality. The color is really nice too.

I'll take some proper photos in daylight tomorrow (dark at 4PM :rolleyes:), I hope the above picture is good enough for now.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1553 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 10:37:28 »

Initial impressions are very, very good. They look and feel better than GMK; all the legends are fantastic quality. The color is really nice too.

Show Image

I'll take some proper photos in daylight tomorrow (dark at 4PM :rolleyes:), I hope the above picture is good enough for now.

damn i love that board so much

cannot wait for that GB to ship

great work man

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #1554 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 11:08:22 »

Show Image

Wow great combo of the caps and the board!

Offline gabba-gool

« Reply #1555 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 12:19:35 »
Hey Bunny, sorry if this has been addressed already but if we received a shipping notification but no tracking number yet does that mean our order has still shipped? Just curious.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1556 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 12:20:29 »
Hey Bunny, sorry if this has been addressed already but if we received a shipping notification but no tracking number yet does that mean our order has still shipped? Just curious.

Yeah if you get a notification your order has shipped, I believe it states that in the notification if I remember correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JDragon

Re: JTK Sophomore GB - buy period over
« Reply #1557 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 13:17:05 »
There aren't many pm orders, I should have those finished and packed up this weekend

As a quick reminder, anyone with a pm order a form was posted in this thread to complete, please do so to ensure your order is taken care of right away

Thanks

Good to hear! Appreciate the quick turnaround on these, super excited to get my sets. Will we receive any sort of notification via PayPal or PM of tracking?

I addressed that a few posts ago

Missed that, thanks.

Offline pinkeyedcyclops

« Reply #1558 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 13:29:02 »
First of all thanks a bunch for such a gargantuan undertaking Bunnylake. I'd never have the stomach for that -  props.

Are the orange modifiers also delayed along with the orange base set? Been waiting for a shipping notification for a while now, if so I know I won't need to keep an eye out untill next friday. :-)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1559 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 13:31:40 »
First of all thanks a bunch for such a gargantuan undertaking Bunnylake. I'd never have the stomach for that -  props.

Are the orange modifiers also delayed along with the orange base set? Been waiting for a shipping notification for a while now, if so I know I won't need to keep an eye out untill next friday. :-)

I actually shipped a bunch of orders today of just orange mods that I packed before the other keys arrived, I still have some to do that may go out tomorrow but if not it'll be next Friday

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #1560 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 14:07:09 »
Hey Bunny, don't think you ever invoiced me for my extras, so I don't have a PayPal transaction id. Did I miss an earlier order form for actually getting extras?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1561 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 14:08:30 »
Hey Bunny, don't think you ever invoiced me for my extras, so I don't have a PayPal transaction id. Did I miss an earlier order form for actually getting extras?

Shoot me a pm and we can sort it out good sir

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1562 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 16:47:58 »
Yo have you started shipping sliders yet? Like, for example, the sliders from the GB that preceded this one?  :'(

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1563 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 16:53:33 »
Yo have you started shipping sliders yet? Like, for example, the sliders from the GB that preceded this one?  :'(

i have posted multiple updates regarding this

we received the sliders

they were sorted then tested

i found that the angle of them was ever so slightly off

so all the sliders are being remade so they are perfect

there are full pics to be found of all of the originals existing and me sorting every single one of them, followed by pictures of the error found and how we are resolving it and the options we have given people moving forward

we are about a month out from the corrected ones being finished and then shipped to me

as ive stated numerous times, i will post all updates in this thread, and they are all currently in this thread, if the thread is too much to keep up with, you can just click on my posts, 90% of which will currently be in this thread and it will be far easier to follow the most recent updates

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1564 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 16:57:55 »

we received the sliders

there are full pics to be found of all of the originals existing and me sorting every single one of them, followed by pictures of the error found and how we are resolving it and the options we have given people moving forward

we are about a month out from the corrected ones being finished and then shipped to me

as ive stated numerous times, i will post all updates in this thread, and they are all currently in this thread, if the thread is too much to keep up with, you can just click on my posts, 90% of which will currently be in this thread and it will be far easier to follow the most recent updates

I have been keeping up with this thread as best I can but apparently I missed a post. Last I was aware, you were going to offer the option of shipping the tilted sliders.

A mention of the slider status in the OP would be helpful.
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 December 2016, 17:01:45 by hashbaz »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1565 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 17:01:59 »

we received the sliders

I have been keeping up with this thread as best I can.

Last I was aware, you were going to offer the option of shipping the tilted sliders.

I filled out a form to that effect.

Apparently I missed a post.

Perhaps a mention of the slider status in the OP would be helpful?

it is very hard to garner that level of knowledge from your original post

yes we did indeed put up a form for the tilted sliders, as posted at the time i put the form up we were waiting for a finalised date on completion of the new ones so people could better make that decision

only a handful of people elected that option on the form and i was giving it a little space for people to come to it, but you are right i should have taken care of that handful, i have been waiting on news from the factory and in that time had both the christmas holidays, and this buy come in which i have been trying to clear in a timely fashion as well as now dealing with the even older gh60 buy

ill get your wonky sliders out next time im shipping

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1566 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 17:17:49 »
Show Image

JTK IS BACK WITH ITS SOPHOMORE OFFERING

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Full info on pricing can be found here:

https://ctrlalt.io/buys/jtk-sophomore

STATUS

All sets are now on hand and shipping

Shipping is about 70% complete

All orders will be shipped by friday the 6th of Jan 2017

Extras are available via PM

SLIDER STATUS
JTK has received the revised version of the sliders from the factory and has tested them, he has now forwarded them to me to give the ok on, the factory has all the materials on hand and is ready to produce them once i have given my approval on the revised model, once they are on hand i will install, test and photograph them and post my feelings on them in this thread

If you would like a set of the old wonky sliders, and are happy to cover a second set of shipping costs upon receipt of the new sliders, a form has been posted in this thread and i will work my way through it shortly

updated OP and included information on sliders
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 December 2016, 17:19:49 by BunnyLake »

Offline ankushg

« Reply #1567 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 19:06:11 »
Thanks for the update, Bunny! Hope you had a happy holiday season.

Just wanted to confirm that if we don't fill out the form for the tilted sliders, we'll just receive them in the same shipment as the fixed sliders? Or is there something special we need to do if we want them, but just aren't in a rush to receive them?

Offline zRobbie

« Reply #1568 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 19:19:55 »
Got my shipping notice! Yay! Is tracking sent in a separate email, or do we check on Ctrlalt?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1569 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 19:24:27 »
Got my shipping notice! Yay! Is tracking sent in a separate email, or do we check on Ctrlalt?
Tracking would take way too long to add for everyone, so I guess you can request it if it takes too long. Give it a week or two.

Nah my PayPal is way too chaotic for that, sadly in the U.K. We don't have anything useful like easypost, I have to manually make labels, wait in line at the post office, manually do each package and then I get receipts with tracking and a zip code

Over the next 2 weeks between this slider and gh60 I'll be shipping a little over 2000 packages, so going through all those receipts and matching them to transactions will be close to a full time job

So I'm gonna complete shipping and then tackle the tracking numbers, I'd imagine in 99 percent of cases you will receive the package before tracking details

Offline zRobbie

« Reply #1570 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 20:10:59 »
Ahh i missed that completely, thanks bud!

Tracking would take way too long to add for everyone, so I guess you can request it if it takes too long. Give it a week or two.

Nah my PayPal is way too chaotic for that, sadly in the U.K. We don't have anything useful like easypost, I have to manually make labels, wait in line at the post office, manually do each package and then I get receipts with tracking and a zip code

Over the next 2 weeks between this slider and gh60 I'll be shipping a little over 2000 packages, so going through all those receipts and matching them to transactions will be close to a full time job

So I'm gonna complete shipping and then tackle the tracking numbers, I'd imagine in 99 percent of cases you will receive the package before tracking details

Offline ambalek

• Pizza tonight/Threat neutralized
« Reply #1571 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 05:11:46 »
I received my order in the UK on Thursday. Everything looks great, and I love the extras  :thumb:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1572 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 05:12:52 »
I received my order in the UK on Thursday. Everything looks great, and I love the extras  :thumb:

fantastic to hear sir, thank you so much for posting

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1573 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 09:06:37 »

Went to hit the post office today and sadly it was closed so everything that was going out today will now go out next week, sorry folks

Offline Vizir

« Reply #1574 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 09:12:59 »
If we don't fill out the form, we only get the 1 set of fixed sliders? I don't need the wonky ones.

Also, happy new year!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1575 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 09:26:20 »
If we don't fill out the form, we only get the 1 set of fixed sliders? I don't need the wonky ones.

Also, happy new year!

happy new year to you as well sir

yeah thats correct

when the new ones arrive ill put up a form for people who want the wonky ones with their fixed ones, but for anyone who just wants the fixed ones, you are all set, nothing more will be required, except following this thread if you wish to read updates

Offline Vizir

« Reply #1576 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 09:35:41 »
Excellent

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #1577 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 10:02:52 »
Super excited about the sliders. Hope you are happy with them when they arrive, BunnyLake. Happy New Year!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1578 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 18:56:48 »
This year has finally come to an end and with it, shall take away all the pain and mistakes that have occurred.

Now we have a brand new beginning to look forward to, Happy New Year BunnyLake and CTR/ALT Crew with Love from all if us Geekhackers  :thumb: .

2017 is going to be BRILLIANT!

Offline MMKB

« Reply #1579 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 18:38:54 »
Submitted an order for the red on white mod. Figured that would be more suited for a daily driver.

When you get a chance, could you also take a look at ticket #61F142A8? It's about change of address. Thanks!

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #1580 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 01:34:40 »
Sorry for the stupid question, but does it mean the orange sets will be shipped this week?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1581 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 02:33:06 »
Sorry for the stupid question, but does it mean the orange sets will be shipped this week?

The aim right now is to have everything out on Friday that's remaining, I will continue the packing grind today, if you receive a notification between today and Friday that means your order is packed and ready and being dropped off then

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
« Reply #1582 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 02:36:11 »
I can't wait to see those revised sliders. I said you can hold onto the pink and white set till the sliders are in to bundle shipping. Must be kinda frustrating to ship everything out and just have sets set aside lol. I hope all gbs this year run smoothly and flawlessly. When I get it all, it's all going on my realforce.

Offline CornCha0s

« Reply #1583 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 04:58:39 »
Just received my black & pink set!

Does anyone else have the issue that some caps have a loose fit on some switches?

Offline Quakemz

« Reply #1584 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 05:03:21 »
Can't wait for the Orange on Black sets to ship out! I kept forgetting I was even part of this GB. lol

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1585 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 05:07:20 »
Just received my black & pink set!
Show Image

Does anyone else have the issue that some caps have a loose fit on some switches?

I've extensively tested them on tons of boards and found zero fitment issues at all, what switches are you using

Offline CornCha0s

« Reply #1586 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 05:56:05 »
what switches are you using

Just tested them on Cherry and Gateron switches. Some caps fit loose on Gaterons. On Cherry switches they have a tighter fit.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1587 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 08:09:10 »
what switches are you using

Just tested them on Cherry and Gateron switches. Some caps fit loose on Gaterons. On Cherry switches they have a tighter fit.

Yeah the caps are designed to fit cherry mx switches so mileage may vary for aftermarket mx compatible switches

I personally don't like gaterons so don't use them at all but did just try the caps on gateron blacks and didn't have an issue, I've come across numerous fitment issues, particularly with artisans before when being paired with gaterons though

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1588 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 08:37:17 »
Could just be your switches Cornchaos, I'm having no fitment issues at all on Gateron Blacks.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #1589 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 08:45:54 »
 Got my pink/black set.  Looks great!  Although I'm missing a F3 cap. Where should I turn if my set is incomplete?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1590 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 08:57:42 »
The aim right now is to have everything out on Friday that's remaining, I will continue the packing grind today, if you receive a notification between today and Friday that means your order is packed and ready and being dropped off then

Will people that have ordered extras via PM (such as myself) also receive a notification and if so, will that happen via PM as well?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1591 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 09:02:05 »
Got my pink/black set.  Looks great!  Although I'm missing a F3 cap. Where should I turn if my set is incomplete?

Ordinarily I'd say fill out a support request but just pm me your address now and I'll pack that tonight for you

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1592 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 09:02:26 »

Will people that have ordered extras via PM (such as myself) also receive a notification and if so, will that happen via PM as well?

No but I'll post in this thread when extra orders are complete

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1593 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 09:03:04 »
Also folks running a bit behind on pms from last night and this morning I'll do them tonight

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1594 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 09:31:58 »

Roger dodger, makes sense. Thanks!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1595 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 09:33:37 »

Roger dodger, makes sense. Thanks!

What I'll try and do one day this week is post a list of names of who ordered extras and then can put a status next to each but I'm 99.9 percent sure all will go out on the same day anyway

Offline Hordak

« Reply #1596 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 14:07:55 »
Hey Bunny, quick question. I've recently compared the sliders on the HHKB vs Type-S and discovered that the Type-S sliders are a bit longer, probably to compensate for the foam ring. I guess the JTK sliders are based on the standard HHKB, right?

Offline pinkeyedcyclops

« Reply #1597 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 05:04:14 »
Hi all, I just received my orange mods. Hooray!

First of all, thank you Bunnylake for the grind getting these out at this time of year. Again, props.

But to be honest, unfortunately I'm rather... underwhelmed.

Lettering is pretty inconsistent in thickness and the keys have a green haze around the letters. Also greenish ink swirls and dots on the caps. My old JTK white/purple set was of a much better quality tbh...

I've included some pics but these are very potatoe, I can only take pictures with a 6 year old 8mp camera at the moment. Let's just say it's much more visible with the naked eye.

Black / grey ones are GMK for comparison sake.

Am I nitpicking here or is this truly not very good at all?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1598 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 10:18:06 »
Hi all, I just received my orange mods. Hooray!

First of all, thank you Bunnylake for the grind getting these out at this time of year. Again, props.

But to be honest, unfortunately I'm rather... underwhelmed.

Lettering is pretty inconsistent in thickness and the keys have a green haze around the letters. Also greenish ink swirls and dots on the caps. My old JTK white/purple set was of a much better quality tbh...

I've included some pics but these are very potatoe, I can only take pictures with a 6 year old 8mp camera at the moment. Let's just say it's much more visible with the naked eye.

Black / grey ones are GMK for comparison sake.

Am I nitpicking here or is this truly not very good at all?

Not nit picking

It's hard to tell a ton from the pics, I'll grab a set out tonight and have a look and see if I have a similar issue here

The windowed caps locks aren't double shot so that would explain the inconsistencies there when comparing it to a double shot one, there should be one included in there as well for you

I've only had one set of those out myself and personally didn't have any greening issues at all but I'll go through a larger sample size tonight when I don't have the baby

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1599 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 10:23:41 »
I just ran and pulled 3 sets out for curiosities sake and couldn't find any keys under the standard lighting here where I could see anything like what you are experiencing there, however you are clearly experiencing it, I'd be happy to send you another set for cost of shipping and will also look at a bigger sample size tonight