Author Topic: Hi, i am around  (Read 2853 times)

Offline shhbbyisok

Hi, i am around
« on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:49:20 »
Fan of mech keyboards for awhile now just now making an account, programmer, gamer, collector, artist, stoner, about to take my Icnd1 in January and have been working on Artisan Caps for about 2 weeks as of today
https://www.instagram.com/el_soupo/
Steam - Long-pig Jerky

k70 - MX browns - RGB led - clear caps
poseidon zx - Kahil blues - Blue led - stock caps

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
Re: Hi, i am around
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:50:58 »
Welcome to the club! Be sure to post pictures of your mechs and document your artisans. That sort of stuff is like crack around here.

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:51:35 »
Welcome man! Glad for you to join us here. Got any pics of the artisans you've been working on?

Offline shhbbyisok

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:59:15 »
Welcome man! Glad for you to join us here. Got any pics of the artisans you've been working on?

Welcome to the club! Be sure to post pictures of your mechs and document your artisans. That sort of stuff is like crack around here.

Thanks! Been working with blanks and and hard molds so i could get my layering and coloring down. I do have some sculpted novelty already made but im waiting until i get my Silicone in the mail to cast them. Ill throw together a picture album of what i have, one sec.
Steam - Long-pig Jerky

Offline shhbbyisok

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:42:33 »
Heres an album for anyone interested, ill update as i move on to the next steps

Edit : figured out how to use my macro, so took down some of the pics of alpha sculps and will be reshooting those pics and a few new ones once they come out of the mold
Edit : Decided to take these pictures down since i plan on started my own MST thread with a nicer album included
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 December 2015, 04:42:37 by shhbbyisok »
Steam - Long-pig Jerky

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 02:49:38 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Those are some interesting keycaps!  Are you doing MX, or Topre too?  Maybe Alps as well?  Possibly even buckling spring?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline shhbbyisok

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 03:13:01 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Those are some interesting keycaps!  Are you doing MX, or Topre too?  Maybe Alps as well?  Possibly even buckling spring?

Indefinably doing MX and Topre, and am def be interested in Alps and buckling spring as soon as i get my hands on some caps and switches of them
Steam - Long-pig Jerky

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 03:40:30 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Indefinably doing MX and Topre, and am def be interested in Alps and buckling spring as soon as i get my hands on some caps and switches of them

Good to hear!

There's a few BS artisans around, but very few Alps.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline shhbbyisok

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 23:53:09 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Good to hear!

Could you point me in the direction of some BS and Alps Caps i could buy, or do you think it would be easier to pick up a keyboard of both.

On the update side, Silicone didnt deliver today so im still trying out different colorways and double/triple-shoting til that arrives. Having great progress with both of those and bubble didnt seem to be to much of an issue anymore either so i do feel pretty confident in moving onto the next steps when im able to
Steam - Long-pig Jerky

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 04:10:48 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Good to hear!

Could you point me in the direction of some BS and Alps Caps i could buy, or do you think it would be easier to pick up a keyboard of both.

On the update side, Silicone didnt deliver today so im still trying out different colorways and double/triple-shoting til that arrives. Having great progress with both of those and bubble didnt seem to be to much of an issue anymore either so i do feel pretty confident in moving onto the next steps when im able to

For BS the only remaining source is Unicomp: http://www.pckeyboard.com/

You can usually find some on eBay, but most sellers charge $1 to $2 each, plus some exorbitant amount of postage for some reason.

OTOH if you ask nicely someone here might be in a position to give you a few.

Alps - no idea.  If Massdrop isn't having a drop of Alps keycaps, and if you don't want to buy a (probably comparatively expensive, but high quality) set in a group buy here, you'd be best looking for an old Alps keyboard and salvaging the keycaps.  Another suggestion there is to split an Alps keyboard with someone - you get the keycaps and someone else gets the switches.

Offline shhbbyisok

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:36:45 »

You can usually find some on eBay, but most sellers charge $1 to $2 each, plus some exorbitant amount of postage for some reason.

Alps - no idea.  If Massdrop isn't having a drop of Alps keycaps, and if you don't want to buy a (probably comparatively expensive, but high quality) set in a group buy here, you'd be best looking for an old Alps keyboard and salvaging the keycaps.  Another suggestion there is to split an Alps keyboard with someone - you get the keycaps and someone else gets the switches.

Grabbed a BS switch with cap and a Alps tester kit with no caps on ebay, Gonna keep my eyes open around here for some Alps keys. Update on production: silicone arrived yesterday, currently have 7 in the molds, 5 of which are scupls :D
Steam - Long-pig Jerky

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 12:15:44 »
A round what
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline shhbbyisok

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 12:41:42 »
A round what

Sorry for any confusion, i ment i'd be keeping my eyes open for Alps Keycaps for sale on here (Geekhack) and ebay.
Steam - Long-pig Jerky

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 17:59:03 »
I'm ****ing with you bruh
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline shhbbyisok

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 20:11:37 »
I'm ****ing with you bruh

Ahh fachoo lmao, got a alpssource you could point me to?
Steam - Long-pig Jerky

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 03:41:50 »

Grabbed a BS switch with cap and a Alps tester kit with no caps on ebay, Gonna keep my eyes open around here for some Alps keys. Update on production: silicone arrived yesterday, currently have 7 in the molds, 5 of which are scupls :D

Not many people sell Alps keycaps - they are a little difficult to find, hence people tend to hang on to them more.

Offline shhbbyisok

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 04:34:08 »
Haven't been updating here since i plan on doing my own thread in the making stuff together section but if anyones wondering progress is flying by. Got both MX and Topre bottoms worked out (still waiting on my buckling spring cap and switch but it should be here soon), Most sculps that i posted earlier in the thread have either been revised to v0.2 or v0.3 or scraped all together and i also have a huge selection of new ones ive been playing around with that look 10x better than my alpha models. And last but definitely not least i decided on a logo/sig for my caps! Ill be starting that thread in the next few days once i finalize the name, be on the look out because i have SO MANY pictures to post

Not many people sell Alps keycaps - they are a little difficult to find, hence people tend to hang on to them more.
Totally understandable, i could imagine finding specific replacements would be an absolute ***** and a half lmao. Hopeful once i grab one from someone i can floor everyones fingers with some cool colors and what not
Steam - Long-pig Jerky