Author Topic: Octagon V2 75% Kustom Keyboard Group Buy (Closed for Orders)  (Read 428522 times)

Offline mbrown559

Re: Octagon V2 75% Kustom Keyboard Group Buy
« Reply #1100 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 23:09:55 »
Shoot me a PM if anyone looking to sell an order.  :cool:

Offline omgar

« Reply #1101 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 23:13:11 »
Hey guys. Sorry for the absence. There weren't anything to update so I usually shy away at these times.

Anyway I've updated the tracking for the 2nd batch. 😉

Thank you for the good news Elton!  :cool:

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #1102 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 23:39:15 »
Hey guys. Sorry for the absence. There weren't anything to update so I usually shy away at these times.

Anyway I've updated the tracking for the 2nd batch. 😉

Thanks Elton for new update ;)

Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline kenshinjeff

« Reply #1103 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 03:17:32 »
I just wanted to say I was just casually clicking on the GB before I realised the items were shipped out. Here I was checking the tracking, to find out it has been delivered! I got a shock to find it chucked in one corner of my office.

Naturally, I stopped everything to open it  :))

What can I say, the packing is super, the quality colour and weight of the case is simply SUPERB. Seriously guys. Really great product.

http://imgur.com/WPeqWCL

Offline nothing4me

« Reply #1104 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 14:55:19 »
If anyone is selling their kit, please PM me. Thank you.  ;D

Offline tuco

« Reply #1105 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 15:10:09 »
I had to move unexpectedly late last week, I sent elton a PM on Monday to see about changing my address for round 2. Here it is Thursday and I already have my kit in hand, delivered to my new address.

Words can't describe how awesome this is, thanks!

Offline tom.smykowski

« Reply #1106 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 19:27:59 »
Wow, that was fast - I just saw it move from Korea to NY in one day - waiting for my mailman to deliver mine

Offline airs

« Reply #1107 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 21:24:19 »
Can we expect r3 sometime around the middle of August?
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #1108 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 21:57:08 »

Judging by r1 timeline, they were invoiced at Feb 1, orders started being dispatched Mid-April

r3 was invoiced Mid-April, so I would say expect dispatch around early August assuming the timeline is the same :)

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #1109 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 22:24:52 »

Judging by r1 timeline, they were invoiced at Feb 1, orders started being dispatched Mid-April

r3 was invoiced Mid-April, so I would say expect dispatch around early August assuming the timeline is the same :)

I will be on vacation at that time and can't put it together then  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1110 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 11:09:20 »
The hype is real, my R2 order is expected to arrive on Monday the 13th. Time to get started on lubing some Zeals and decide whether or not to go with 65's or 67's.

Thanks for the GB Elton!

Offline nothing4me

« Reply #1111 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 11:25:24 »

I will be on vacation at that time and can't put it together then  :eek: :eek: :eek:
I'll buy it from you.  ;)

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #1112 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 12:50:21 »

I'll buy it from you.  ;)

You wish  :p I will have someone house-sitting who will take it inside at least

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1113 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 16:46:59 »
Does anyone know how to turn on the layer 4 indicator on when switching to that particular layer?

When plugging in the keyboard, the last/layer 4 indicator turns on for about 5 seconds and then turns off. When I cycle through the layers, indicators for layers 1-3 stay lit but 4 doesn't for some odd reason.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline omgar

« Reply #1114 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 23:27:38 »
Does anyone know how to turn on the layer 4 indicator on when switching to that particular layer?

When plugging in the keyboard, the last/layer 4 indicator turns on for about 5 seconds and then turns off. When I cycle through the layers, indicators for layers 1-3 stay lit but 4 doesn't for some odd reason.

Thanks.

I believe the 4th LED should only light up when you're in LED Ctrl mode. Does it light up when you're in that mode?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #1115 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 01:01:06 »

Thanks.

I believe the 4th LED should only light up when you're in LED Ctrl mode. Does it light up when you're in that mode?

how do you get to LED Ctrl mode? is there a tutorial in english or something?

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1116 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 01:12:25 »

Thanks.

I didn't map that key but will give it a shot tomorrow.

FWIW, when I press FN and cycle LED modes, the 4th LED flashes.

Offline bananaplum

« Reply #1117 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 04:04:54 »
Unfortunately I found this too late. I think this layout might be perfect for me and I'm really loving the form factor. Any chance for a new round or someone letting go of their set, preferably with clear acrylic bottom?

My first mechanical keyboard - KUL ES-87 :)

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1118 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 09:59:06 »
Dangit, I set it to deliver to my office, but my office was closed on Saturday. Do you know if Korean Post or whoever they partner with here in the US attempt redelivery?

Offline omgar

« Reply #1119 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 10:02:30 »
Dangit, I set it to deliver to my office, but my office was closed on Saturday. Do you know if Korean Post or whoever they partner with here in the US attempt redelivery?

EMS utilizes USPS when in the United States. They should attempt delivery today. If you enter your tracking number on the USPS website it should show you all the information.

Offline omgar

« Reply #1120 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 10:20:21 »

Thanks.

It depends what you mapped LED Ctrl to. By default it is mapped to Esc on Layer 4.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1121 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 11:42:27 »

Thanks.

It depends what you mapped LED Ctrl to. By default it is mapped to Esc on Layer 4.

Show Image

Great, thanks for the heads up. I also just realized that I was utilizing the wrong preset map, Octagon V1  :confused:

Offline hcwt

« Reply #1122 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 23:04:29 »
Got mine in!  Thanks a ton, Elton!
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 June 2016, 12:22:01 by hcwt »
KUL-ES87-MX Green
Ducky Shine 5-MX Blue
Topre Realforce - 104 45G dome swapped
KBP V60 - MX Blue

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1123 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 09:13:59 »
Looking to sell my kit, my order is on the spreadsheet. Pm me if conus and interested, thanks

Offline Saiph

« Reply #1124 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 09:49:14 »
If anyone is looking to sell a black or silver kit pm me  :D

Offline beltet

« Reply #1125 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 09:53:19 »
Got mine today! I thought i was in batch 3, but must have moved up to batch two.
Anyway I'm happy! ;D
But now I must source the last parts(clear housing tops). Anyone know where to buy the gateron tops?

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1126 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 10:48:24 »
Got mine today! I thought i was in batch 3, but must have moved up to batch two.
Anyway I'm happy! ;D
But now I must source the last parts(clear housing tops). Anyone know where to buy the gateron tops?

https://zealpc.net/collections/accessories/products/gateron

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1127 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 10:49:20 »
Looking to sell my kit, my order is on the spreadsheet. Pm me if conus and interested, thanks

If by any chance you're will to part with your angled acrylic base, I'd be happy to purchase it off you.

Offline biocalves

« Reply #1128 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 12:18:38 »
If anyone wants to sell their spot for a Blue Grey, Acrylic or Aluminum bottom, please let me know~

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1129 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 13:05:51 »
If anyone wants to sell their spot for a Blue Grey, Acrylic or Aluminum bottom, please let me know~

65rky is selling his kit, Blue Grey w/alum bottom. Post is a few above yours.

Offline biocalves

« Reply #1130 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 13:08:36 »

65rky is selling his kit, Blue Grey w/alum bottom. Post is a few above yours.

I messaged anyone who posted on here that showed interest in selling their board but I was bit late as everything is pending or sold, hence my post looking to buy in any case someone else was thinking about it. Thanks for looking out though!  :thumb:

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1131 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 14:06:21 »

Sold

Offline AceRuckus

« Reply #1132 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 14:23:36 »
Looking to buy an Blue Grey with angled acrylic bottom. Please message me. If you also have the aluminum bottom along with the angled acrylic bottom, I'll buy that package too.

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #1133 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 00:04:35 »
Where can I download the latest keymapper for the Octagon V2 and any tutorials for assigning keys? Can't find on Duck's website. TIA

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1134 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 00:24:49 »
Where can I download the latest keymapper for the Octagon V2 and any tutorials for assigning keys? Can't find on Duck's website. TIA
Post #803 by Blighty, grouped all in one post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Offline gaiden

« Reply #1135 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 08:11:31 »
Got mine in!  Thanks a ton, Elton!

It's not assembled, however.  I'll likely be putting in the 65g Zealios I have in it, but, if anyone is looking to purchase one of these, shoot me a PM and we can talk.  I probably want to assemble it for the hell of it, and probably give it a bit of a test, but I doubt it'll see much use.  Acrylic bottom, as the order sheet says.

It's a very nice keyboard and very expensive so i'm trying hard to understand why you would "doubt it'll see much use"? was buyer's remorse when you open it or were you just curious to see it in person and then flip it back out? To me it's a high ticket item and very well designed and im going to put good use to it, but you made it sound as if you just bought a switch tester lol I dont rather i should laugh or cry.  :-\

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #1136 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 16:44:33 »

Thanks. I was able to flash my layout. I'm having a problem tho. Any idea why my "Shift row" is acting up. When I press "Shift" or "Z" it would type all the alphas on the said row. Other keys aren't registering. Tried checking the solder and everything looks fine. Anyone could help me please?   :-X

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #1137 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 17:33:00 »

Thanks. I was able to flash my layout. I'm having a problem tho. Any idea why my "Shift row" is acting up. When I press "Shift" or "Z" it would type all the alphas on the said row. Other keys aren't registering. Tried checking the solder and everything looks fine. Anyone could help me please?   :-X

Clean your traces with IPA, and reflow your shift and Z joints

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #1138 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 18:16:18 »

I'll try that later. Actually it is not just "Shift and "z". All the keys on that rows is acting up. once pressed, all the letters follows. i.e. when I press "z" it will type "zxcvbnZ>?Cmxv,zNCBxmv,nvn" I'm starting to believe that I have a bad pcb.

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #1139 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 18:17:44 »

I'll try that later. Actually it is not just "Shift and "z". All the keys on that rows is acting up. once pressed, all the letters follows. i.e. when I press "z" it will type "zxcvbnZ>?Cmxv,zNCBxmv,nvn" I'm starting to believe that I have a bad pcb.

Multimeter test the traces on the switches, I highly doubt that your PCB is bad from one row of shorting on switches.

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #1140 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 18:30:09 »
See if there is anything strange with the row trace that connects to the controller. It definitely seems like the entire row is shorted somehow, and also make sure the diodes are in the correct orientation for the bottom row (I think those are presoldered though).

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #1141 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 01:11:02 »

I also thought I had a bad PCB. All of a sudden it stopped working and LEDs turned of. Unplugging/plugging it back in did not help. Sometimes it took me 30 minutes to get it working again, some times only 5 minutes. All was however resolved by flashing the firmware with FLIp software instead of O2D. My suggestion is to try that. Resolved all my issues and haven't had any since.

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #1142 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 19:59:48 »

I also thought I had a bad PCB. All of a sudden it stopped working and LEDs turned of. Unplugging/plugging it back in did not help. Sometimes it took me 30 minutes to get it working again, some times only 5 minutes. All was however resolved by flashing the firmware with FLIp software instead of O2D. My suggestion is to try that. Resolved all my issues and haven't had any since.

Where can I download the Flip keymapper? Could you please link me to the one you used. Thanks

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #1143 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 03:57:42 »

Where can I download the Flip keymapper? Could you please link me to the one you used. Thanks

Flip programmer can be downloaded from Atmel's website. If I remember correctly you have to register to download. I've shared the installation file below so you do not have to. :)

Create your key map using O2D and save the .hex-file. Use Flip programmer to flash the keyboard with your saved .hex file.

URL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEaXm348GjsLUxxVGJ1aDVqT00/view?usp=sharing

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #1144 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 01:37:18 »
Hi all, can someone tell me the exact length and height of the front side of Octagon V2? I want make wrist rest that must match the length and height of Octagon V2, but I lack the proper tools to measure them myself. Thanks in advance
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline m1raz

« Reply #1145 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 00:24:58 »
Hi all, can someone tell me the exact length and height of the front side of Octagon V2? I want make wrist rest that must match the length and height of Octagon V2, but I lack the proper tools to measure them myself. Thanks in advance

The length is 316mm and height is about 20mm with alu bottom.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #1146 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 00:50:37 »
Thanks dude
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #1147 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 13:13:19 »

OctagonV2 Blue-grey / Angled Acrylic Bottom
Stainless Steel Plate
Lubed 65g Linear Zealios (clear)
Sip-sockted White LED / Warm-White LED on stabs
EnjoyPBT Dyesub Keyset ~ KR Cyan & Pink
CMY Mod Pack ~

more pics:
More

first korean custom mech! absolutely love it  :-*
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline cirrus82

« Reply #1148 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 16:26:14 »

Really happy I got the rows to match with SA, was about to develop OCD over it.

More pics: http://imgur.com/a/wf8ZW

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1149 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 16:28:29 »
Man, I don't think I'll be building mine for awhile.

Trying to make a switchable top plate for this, hopefully that works out. Reason I'm doing it is because I'm very conflicted as to what switches I should use.