Author Topic: [GB] Mech27-TKL v1 Canadian Custom | 100% Shipped | CLOSED AND FINISHED  (Read 203306 times)

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
Re: [GB] Mech27-TKL v1 Canadian Custom | Closed/Sorting
« Reply #800 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 13:20:22 »
Sorry to anyone who is having issues and I hope everything gets straightened away and is beneficial to both parties.

I am fairly pleased with my end product so here are some pics to change the mood a bit: (P.S. Dust and hand oil shows up way to easy on the black board.)

Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #801 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 13:40:39 »
In the interest of transparency and with the encouragement of some of the slack people, I wanted to let you guys know what happened with my mech 27 kit.

If you recall feb 28, i made a stink about poor packaging (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=84703.msg2373068#msg2373068) and was thoroughly guaranteed that my kit would arrive undamaged. Boards had already shown up damaged and i was worried, I was also called "armchair critic" and many people took offence to me speaking out. Shortly after that, on the same night 27 went directly on the keychatter slack and started talking **** whal i was in the same chatroom as him about me, talking about not wanting to ship me the keyboard. This obviously tilted me to the point where i was trying to get a refund/sell my spot so i didnt have to deal with the immaturity associated with devin. The next day i talked to Devin on slack and we both apologized and I told him i would take the kit if it was shipped correctly (http://i.imgur.com/aGGG7Op.png) one week later this arrives:

http://imgur.com/a/Q43fN

TONS of manufacturing defects, poor handling and GUESS WHAT? a giant ding from poor packaging. The ding is so big that i can literally not assemble the keyboard, it is now completely worthless resale wise and i cant even assemble it! At this point i have shared the above album with devin and gave him 48 hours to respond. Nothing, no response, so I was forced to file a claim with paypal that was then escalated for immediate action by PP. What do I get in return? An offer for partial refund of $85 (http://i.imgur.com/vf0UMH3.png). This is a slap in the face, an $85 refund on a $340 keyboard that is now useless. So I decline his offer and ask for a full refund, with PP backing me. My full refund is granted as long as I ship the kit back to him in canada.

$53 is what it cost to send it back to him.

I am now out of $53 and 6 months wait time (assuming i get my refund when the package arrives). All of this seems like some type of cruel joke and Im feeling pretty defeated about the entire situation.

For the rest of you waiting on your boards, use extreme caution when accepting the package, I would recommend opening and inspecting before you sign for it.

That's pretty terrible and inexcusable, I'm sorry you got your kit in this condition.  I hope you get a full refund.

But to be fair, I wouldn't lump previous criticism directed at you into justifying the end result.  The armchair critic and the rest of the backlash you received was very specifically targeted at this comment you made about people running group buys (and your comments following that one):

"Its weird how that works, seems like a good amount of GB runners somehow mysteriously get sick right when they have to ship. They get sick or suddenly they are in the hospital, or "busy" or their friends second cousins dog is in the vet. This has happened so many times..... These keyboards must be dangerous!  :confused: :confused:"
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Bucky

« Reply #802 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 16:21:53 »
We are going to lose the option to dispute in Paypal in the next few days correct? Given that it would be nice to get some sort of timeline from 27 on when the orders will resume shipping.

Offline jeffbolton

« Reply #803 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 18:13:34 »
We are going to lose the option to dispute in Paypal in the next few days correct? Given that it would be nice to get some sort of timeline from 27 on when the orders will resume shipping.

We are.  I agree some kind of rough timeframe would be nice.  Do you plan on wrapping shipping up in a week, a month or more?  It doesn't matter much what it is, just trying to calibrate expectations.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #804 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 20:04:50 »

Not involved in this buy, but one option is to file a dispute through PayPal on day 179. This allows the seller 20 days to "settle" the dispute without direct PayPal intervention, and it effectively works to extend the protection period for that 20 days. That would give 27 roughly three weeks to finish things up before protection expires.

If there is no seller response after 7 days, PayPal will automatically award a refund to the buyer if they file a claim. So 27 would need to respond to each dispute with a simple message stating things will wrap up soon or whatever. If neither party "escalates" the dispute to a "claim" by the 20 day period then PayPal drops it entirely and nothing happens. If either party decides to escalate to a claim, then PayPal gets involved to investigate the claim and comes to a decision.

You can read about it here: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/resolve-disputes

The other option is for 27 to re-invoice people who have yet to receive their boards, though that requires issuing refunds as well.

Again, I've got no skin in this and I'm also not trying to start anything. Just pointing out an option I'm aware of that, to me, seems beneficial to both buyer and seller in this situation.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #805 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 21:29:29 »
This right here is why I would never personally run a GB. I understand a lot of this is his fault and preventable but I still can't imagine how much more **** he'd be in if he gave everyone full refunds. I know I wouldn't be able to afford that since the ones that were his fault and not the factories would be coming out of his pocket, rightfully so, but still. Really sucks for everyone involved. Pretty glad I sat this out and went in for Mira instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #806 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 23:35:17 »
this become more troublesome, this board should be my first TKL board.
with defect and damaged problem, no time frame when i will get my board, and what worst is just 3 more days i will lose my dispute

im sorry to say this but before i open a dispute i want to ask you a full refund before my pp protection end.

or if someone want to take my spot (black black + silver plate) shoot me a PM

im selling it only for $365

im sorry devin but ivan and imsto really hit me hard and i really dont want get in that situation again.

edited, hope tomorrow my package shipped thanks  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 March 2017, 00:04:49 by gadzkun »

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #807 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 23:49:23 »
PLEASE DO NOT FILE A DISPUTE.

I will not have money to pay for your shipping if you dispute.  I have shipped out boards, and will be shipping more, everyone please just relax and be patient.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #808 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 23:49:39 »
with defect and damaged problem, no time frame when i will get my board, and what worst is just 3 more days i will lose my dispute

Show Image

im sorry to say this but before i open a dispute i want to ask you a full refund before my pp protection end.

Show Image

Show Image

im sorry devin but ivan and imsto really hit me hard and i really dont want get in that situation again.

Are you worried about not getting the keyboard?
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #809 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 23:50:24 »
To make it very clear:  More boards are shipping out tomorrow
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #810 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 00:03:57 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

yes i am, and im really really scare of it, i involved twice ingroup buy accident and dont want a third one.

but looks like 27 replies it.

thanks for the replies i really really looking forward to it.

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #811 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 00:21:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

yes i am, and im really really scare of it, i involved twice ingroup buy accident and dont want a third one.

Definitely take into consideration that if you receive a board that is damaged and/or has defects you may be worse off. I have my board and I am not happy. Losing the ability to file a dispute is the end of the line.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #812 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 00:25:52 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Definitely take into consideration that if you receive a board that is damaged and/or has defects you may be worse off. I have my board and I am not happy. Losing the ability to file a dispute is the end of the line.

We've already spoken in pms and I'm working on a solution, like I said.

Offline Bucky

« Reply #813 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 00:29:25 »
Glad to hear more are going out. Just wanted some sort of update on shipping as we are taking a significant leap of faith letting it go past the 180 days. Thanks 27

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #814 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 00:43:35 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

im ok with a little and smooth scratch inside of case, but if outside of the case i dont want any visible scratch(and my case was black so it would noticeable if there was a major scratch).
but what worry me out is a big dent like in redbanshe photo. i must say no to that.

if i got something like that i definitely pissed too.
give me a best board you had cause to be honest i need tkl board like this just for taking a photo for my beloved artisan caps.
so please dont disapoint me.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #815 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 00:48:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

im ok with a little and smooth scratch inside of case, but if outside of the case i dont want any visible scratch(and my case was black so it would noticeable if there was a major scratch).
but what worry me out is a big dent like in redbanshe photo. i must say no to that.

Show Image

if i got something like that i definitely pissed too.
give me a best board you had cause to be honest i need tkl board like this just for taking a photo for my beloved artisan caps.
so please dont disapoint me.

That was caused by shipping damage, and as I posted above, there is new packing that I've spent the last couple of days prepping that will avoid this.

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake
[GB] Mech27-TKL v1 Canadian Custom | Closed/Sorting
« Reply #816 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 00:49:28 »
taking this to the PM's
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 March 2017, 14:53:28 by shinz0 »

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #817 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 00:57:17 »
That was caused by shipping damage, and as I posted above, there is new packing that I've spent the last couple of days prepping that will avoid this.

thanks for the hard work cant wait for it, im really not satisfied taking artisan photo on plastic case :blank:
need Mech27 ASAP :p

Offline gaiden

« Reply #818 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 13:28:35 »
27, I've inquired about my order last night through PM, when you have time please get with me, thank you.

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #819 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 18:44:05 »
Got my shipping notification. Here's hoping that the updated packing materials for shipping helps a bit.

Offline repuls0r

« Reply #820 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 22:32:30 »
Weird how my kit has been packed 4days ago but still hasnt shipped.
Matrix 8XV1.0  |  FMJ 80  |  SKOG  |  TGR Jane CE  |  Orion V2  |  Mech27  |  LZCP  |  TXCP  |  CPSQ  |  TX1800

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #821 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 22:57:57 »

Can only print so many labels in one night.  Don't worry I'll be shipping yours along with the rest tomorrow.

Offline repuls0r

« Reply #822 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 23:16:10 »
Thanks for the update 27.
Matrix 8XV1.0  |  FMJ 80  |  SKOG  |  TGR Jane CE  |  Orion V2  |  Mech27  |  LZCP  |  TXCP  |  CPSQ  |  TX1800

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #823 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 08:39:44 »

Other issues with this GB aside, I'm guessing you've never been in "Shipping label created" purgatory before?  Because 4 days is practically nothing there.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline gaiden

« Reply #824 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 08:55:20 »

Can only print so many labels in one night.  Don't worry I'll be shipping yours along with the rest tomorrow.

27, so you are just gonna ignore the request on my order and send it out anyway without ever answering? nice.

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #825 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 09:44:08 »
Just got notified that my shipping label has been made.

Hoping the board actually comes in okay, given the experiences of others in this thread. Fingers crossed that this comes in safe with the new packaging and no QC issues to write home about (I deal with those enough at work as it is).

Edit: Tracking just updated to "Item accepted at post office". It's gonna be moving.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 March 2017, 11:37:45 by Slash Emperor »

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #826 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 23:07:12 »
still not receive my tracking number :blank:
1 more days and i lost my protection

looks like i wont have a new board at meetup, sad.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 March 2017, 23:09:31 by gadzkun »

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #827 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 23:57:18 »
still not receive my tracking number :blank:
1 more days and i lost my protection

looks like i wont have a new board at meetup, sad.

make sure you're reading paypal correctly and don't lose protection, with the record for this buy If I were a buyer I would definitely want that protection.

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #828 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 09:04:00 »
Sorry to anyone who is having issues and I hope everything gets straightened away and is beneficial to both parties.

I am fairly pleased with my end product so here are some pics to change the mood a bit: (P.S. Dust and hand oil shows up way to easy on the black board.)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Man, sticking to a theme pays off.  Board, caps, and artisan collection all look awesome together!

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
« Reply #829 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 16:00:52 »
Anxiously awaiting a shipping notification or seeing my color turn to "shipped" on the google sheet O.o

Excited, hope all is well.

Offline Funtast

« Reply #830 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 22:09:52 »
Anxiously awaiting a shipping notification or seeing my color turn to "shipped" on the google sheet O.o

Excited, hope all is well.

Oh yeah.
Also look forward to!
I hope that the packaging meets the expectations and boards were in perfect condition from the factory

Offline Kubiedo

« Reply #831 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 23:05:45 »
I shot you a message Mech-27, but haven't heard back.

Offline Bucky

« Reply #833 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 13:16:41 »
Shipping label created, excited to see the board. Thanks 27

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #834 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 13:24:25 »
mine is expected to arrive on Wednesday -- hoping for the best  :-[
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #835 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 13:39:33 »
Mine is also expected to arrive Wednesday. Been sitting in Chicago as "Processed through facility" since Saturday. Hoping it'll start moving again today.

Offline Mike89914

« Reply #836 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:01:22 »
I haven't received a shipping notification yet or even a notification that says label is being created.  Should I be concerned?

Offline Bucky

« Reply #837 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 22:55:45 »
You can just check the spreadsheet in the first post, the boards are going out in waves so not everyone's has shipped yet.

Offline maximm

« Reply #838 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 09:08:00 »
Were the stabs that came with the board genuine cherry stabs?

Offline oatsbagotes

« Reply #839 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 10:10:02 »
Were the stabs that came with the board genuine cherry stabs?
I believe they are the ones from originative

Sent from hand cannon

Offline maximm

« Reply #840 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 15:29:18 »
Finally got my Mech-27 in the mail and it arrived unharmed using the new packaging (phew)!

I have to say it looks better in person than in pictures which is a plus. It's built, but not soldered, so waiting for some free time sometimes later this week.

I had some issues with the ano, but nothing major on two noticeable spots, but nothing to get upset about.

The main problem with the board was that i tried to assemble it with an ISO enter, but the plate is missing a small peg to hold the left side of the switch which sadly makes it tilt and thus does not work properly :(

This is how it looks:

« Last Edit: Tue, 28 March 2017, 15:49:14 by maximm »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #841 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 16:01:51 »
Can you prop the switch in the correct orientation and then solder it in that way? 
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #842 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 16:35:08 »
Solder it in the correct position. This happens on a lot of compatibility PCBs on other stabilized keys as well.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #843 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 19:14:22 »
$53 is what it cost to send it back to him.

I am now out of $53 and 6 months wait time (assuming i get my refund when the package arrives). All of this seems like some type of cruel joke and Im feeling pretty defeated about the entire situation.

For the rest of you waiting on your boards, use extreme caution when accepting the package, I would recommend opening and inspecting before you sign for it.

fwiw, PayPal has a promotion going on where you can get $30 back from return shipping at least: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Offline KnightDX

« Reply #844 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 21:16:54 »
That's a beautiful case

Offline repuls0r

« Reply #845 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 02:17:44 »
just wondering if the pcb is interchangeable with the Leeku tx87 pcb?

Also are there any extra pcb's available?

Offline FactoryDefaults

« Reply #846 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 05:26:30 »
just wondering if the pcb is interchangeable with the Leeku tx87 pcb?

Also are there any extra pcb's available?
I'll be able to tell you soon, ordered tx87 and mech27 is on its way.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #847 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 15:10:38 »
Hey everyone, finishing up shipping.  Anyone who has a damaged or missing part please contact me asap.  A few users have contacted me through slack which means those messages have been lost.

I have been very quiet recently and that's been to decrease stress and concentrate on getting this done.

Again if you need a replacement part, pm me immediately.

Offline maximm

« Reply #848 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 15:31:34 »
Thanks for the tips guys, will try to solder it after seating it properly, should work fine :)
Board feels awesome, looking forward to using it! :thumb:

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #849 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 15:59:54 »
Hey everyone, finishing up shipping.  Anyone who has a damaged or missing part please contact me asap.  A few users have contacted me through slack which means those messages have been lost.

I have been very quiet recently and that's been to decrease stress and concentrate on getting this done.

Again if you need a replacement part, pm me immediately.

Pm'd