Author Topic: Are split boards the circlejerk keyboards of 2016-17?  (Read 15840 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Are split boards the circlejerk keyboards of 2016-17?
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 03:00:45 »
I couldn't care less about any perceived circlejerking, but the generally exorbitant prices on ErgoDoxes and similar boards have kept me out of the club for something I've wanted to try out for a few years. The Kinesis Freestyle Edge Kickstarter may have given me a way in, though; managed to snap up a First Edition MX Blue board before the slots filled up.

See, what I want is a keyboard that doesn't suck to use when there isn't enough contiguous space in the center because it's taken up by things like touchscreen monitors, racing wheels and/or flight yokes. Every single simpit build I've seen with a conventional contiguous keyboard fails at this, and yet there's a simple solution in sight to anyone who's glanced down in an Elite: Dangerous cockpit and noted these decorative control panels above the pilot's legs, in between the HOTAS.

Also, think about it. Our hands aren't glued together; there's no reason to have to bring them next to each other to type if each hand's half of the keyboard is in a sensibly ergonomic position.

The only problem with going through with all that? Lack of split keyboard options, specifically affordable ones, like I said earlier. This is something that could take off if the prices came down to under $150 in general, maybe even $100 for fully-assembled board sets.

You could get a split keyboard, it doesn't have to be mechanical..

In the end,  SPLIT, and TENTING makes all the difference..  mechanical is mostly a fad..

The switches don't matter whatsoever to function..

However, as you've said, our HANDS are not built glued together.. so split- and tenting are both Functional Necessities..

I think the freestyle edge will be fine up to 30 degrees of tenting.. for higher than that, it's a bit iffy.  you're gonna need a pretty odd wrist rest to lift your hand into place..

Offline dantan

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 03:05:16 »
The photo shows a keyboard I'd like to try out. Wonder why no one has tried to build one. So many people are going for the retro look with keycaps, why not with layouts that might actually be useful?

I think this means that, if you are having pain, it’s well worth trying a split board.  If you’re not and all is going fine, type on boards that work for you.  I type a lot, and I’ve been typing on unified boards for slightly more than 60 years (originally on manual typewriters). I sometimes get arthritic pain in my knees and ankles, but typing is still pain-free. Maybe all that exercise has been good for me.

Best example, the custom keyboard used for manual letter sorting.  It's just a person typing in address of poorly penned envelopes that the auto-scan machine was not able to read.

That keyboard is a tented keyboard

There is a very functional reason, a keyboard is tented, and the keys are non staggered..

Once you reach the level of truly intense keyboard use, ALL DAY level.. this design is the MOST OPTIMAL..

For the majority of users however,  they are plebs in the sense that facebook and dota are the only things they do on the pc..    While they could still benefit from a tented split keyboard,    the benefits to them is much less, because their actual usage is so low.

NONE of that changes the fact that We've KNOWN for a long time, How an OPTIMAL keyboard should be built..

ERGODOX is the most modern iteration on the market which comes from that ergonomic tradition and has NUMEROUS improvements.

Going by Fire Emblem Heroes Tiers,, 

Ergodox is an S+ Tier keyboard..

All your kmacs are fundamentally C-Tier boards.  You can collect them if you like, but they're gilded rubbish.

(Attachment Link)

Offline dantan

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 03:05:57 »
Oh yes, thought I'd like to add, but no surprise here. Contour Rollermouse is totally useless for gaming.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 03:19:21 »
I couldn't care less about any perceived circlejerking, but the generally exorbitant prices on ErgoDoxes and similar boards have kept me out of the club for something I've wanted to try out for a few years. The Kinesis Freestyle Edge Kickstarter may have given me a way in, though; managed to snap up a First Edition MX Blue board before the slots filled up.

See, what I want is a keyboard that doesn't suck to use when there isn't enough contiguous space in the center because it's taken up by things like touchscreen monitors, racing wheels and/or flight yokes. Every single simpit build I've seen with a conventional contiguous keyboard fails at this, and yet there's a simple solution in sight to anyone who's glanced down in an Elite: Dangerous cockpit and noted these decorative control panels above the pilot's legs, in between the HOTAS.

Also, think about it. Our hands aren't glued together; there's no reason to have to bring them next to each other to type if each hand's half of the keyboard is in a sensibly ergonomic position.

The only problem with going through with all that? Lack of split keyboard options, specifically affordable ones, like I said earlier. This is something that could take off if the prices came down to under $150 in general, maybe even $100 for fully-assembled board sets.

You could get a split keyboard, it doesn't have to be mechanical..

In the end,  SPLIT, and TENTING makes all the difference..  mechanical is mostly a fad..

The switches don't matter whatsoever to function..

However, as you've said, our HANDS are not built glued together.. so split- and tenting are both Functional Necessities..

I think the freestyle edge will be fine up to 30 degrees of tenting.. for higher than that, it's a bit iffy.  you're gonna need a pretty odd wrist rest to lift your hand into place..

The switches do matter or at least the activation weight matters.  In fact, for alleviating my forearm pain, switch weight is more important than split/tenting.  Both those add additional help but simply moving from an ergo rubber dome board to MX reds helped remove a good amount of pain while typing.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 17:26:42 »

The switches do matter or at least the activation weight matters.  In fact, for alleviating my forearm pain, switch weight is more important than split/tenting.  Both those add additional help but simply moving from an ergo rubber dome board to MX reds helped remove a good amount of pain while typing.

Switch weight only comes into play in the extreme cases like super black, etc.

The reason switches do not matter all that much to ergonomics, is the fact that regardless of what switch you have..  It's possible to compensate through technique and training..

For example, if you've got a heavy switch, you can learn to type lighter, and ensure that your key strike force ends slightly early, thereby negating you from holding against the stronger spring..

However, Tenting and Split are non-negotiables when it comes to the anatomy of a human hand.

Flat profile keyboards are bad for your hands PERIOD.. no switch will change that.

Offline dantan

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 05:33:02 »
You need to show us pictures of your boards. That way we can see for ourselves the best boards in existence... if they really exist.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 05:42:31 »
You need to show us pictures of your boards. That way we can see for ourselves the best boards in existence... if they really exist.

163372-0

Offline dantan

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 07:41:07 »
This is supposed to be TP4? How do we know it is a real photo of him and not something stolen from a random member of China's 1.4 billion people?

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 08:01:36 »
This is supposed to be TP4? How do we know it is a real photo of him and not something stolen from a random member of China's 1.4 billion people?

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 01:02:47 »

Switch weight only comes into play in the extreme cases like super black, etc.

The reason switches do not matter all that much to ergonomics, is the fact that regardless of what switch you have..  It's possible to compensate through technique and training..

For example, if you've got a heavy switch, you can learn to type lighter, and ensure that your key strike force ends slightly early, thereby negating you from holding against the stronger spring..

However, Tenting and Split are non-negotiables when it comes to the anatomy of a human hand.

Flat profile keyboards are bad for your hands PERIOD.. no switch will change that.

Again, we're in a situation here where we're not dealing with black and white but lots of gray.

Sure, in an ideal situation, you can be taught to do such things.  In reality, as I've said, the difference] in switch weight is paramount to me.  Split and tenting are of secondary importance to me to the point where I could abandon my ergo boards for simple boards with light linear switches and was just fine.  In fact, the mouse is far more the culprit of problems for me these days than the keyboard.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 02:31:39 »

Sure, in an ideal situation, you can be taught to do such things.  In reality, as I've said, the difference] in switch weight is paramount to me.  Split and tenting are of secondary importance to me to the point where I could abandon my ergo boards for simple boards with light linear switches and was just fine.  In fact, the mouse is far more the culprit of problems for me these days than the keyboard.

Incorrect.

If you feel that way, it is only because you are not fully enlightened to what matters.

It's like younger kids who think eating icecream is better than working out..

While the kids who worked out got the girls in the end..

Is icecream good.. YES,  does it matter or get some sort of job done.. NO..

It takes time and effort-ful contemplation to fully discover the ACT of typing..

What you have is a preference disjointed from --Function--..

You can keep dressing up a keyboard, be it the color, or the switch..  But until you cut one in half, tent them to 55 degrees...  --Nothing has really changed.. --

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 02:33:43 »

(Attachment Link)

I find it odd that fan people knows where tp4 fotos were posted..

You don't also have a collection of geekhack member fotos do you ?

hahahahahhaa

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 05:58:05 »

(Attachment Link)

I find it odd that fan people knows where tp4 fotos were posted..

You don't also have a collection of geekhack member fotos do you ?

hahahahahhaa

i keep thsee photos in my pron collection

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
Are split boards the circlejerk keyboards of 2016-17?
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 06:03:16 »

Incorrect.

If you feel that way, it is only because you are not fully enlightened to what matters.

It takes time and effort-ful contemplation to fully discover the ACT of typing..

You can keep dressing up a keyboard, be it the color, or the switch..  But until you cut one in half, tent them to 55 degrees...  --Nothing has really changed.. --

I'm a fan of split boards aswell, but this hole discussion is kinda hard to observe honestly.

I disagree that split is the only thing that matters without specifying the problem first.

Of course split improves ergonomics and reduces stress on your wrist, but this will only prove significant if your sensible to this and had issues with it before.

That's pretty much like saying, using a walker is the only correct way because it reduces stress on your leg muscles...
Why would you need a fix if your not having any issues?

Im a fan of the VE.A, because I can choose to split whenever I feel like, and don't have too look full ergo fetish 24:7, no offense.

Feel free to rip me apart for this, reject my reality and substitute your own.
Maybe try not to force yours on others either tho...
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 March 2017, 06:04:56 by FoC_Tow »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 14:44:48 »

i keep thsee photos in my pron collection

You've gone TOO FAR.. fanpeople.. TOO FAR...

hahahahaha

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 23:51:40 »
I dunno. I went to a circle jerk last week and no one was using a split KB. No one was typing at all, in fact. Maybe we're on entirely the wrong track here.

You might find the illustration from Kinesis helpful…

Show Image

Sometimes I wonder if the people who complain about having to reach for their mice never bothered to learn to use basic things like Tab / Shift+Tab to move from one part of a page to another; shortcuts like Ctrl+L/R and Ctrl+Home/End to move within text; Alt-Tab to switch applications; the Windows/Super key and main-menu search box, and so on, and they're just grabbing their mice for every single thing they do besides typing? Maybe it's just an education thing.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 00:29:40 »
I dunno. I went to a circle jerk last week and no one was using a split KB. No one was typing at all, in fact. Maybe we're on entirely the wrong track here.

You might find the illustration from Kinesis helpful…

Show Image

Sometimes I wonder if the people who complain about having to reach for their mice never bothered to learn to use basic things like Tab / Shift+Tab to move from one part of a page to another; shortcuts like Ctrl+L/R and Ctrl+Home/End to move within text; Alt-Tab to switch applications; the Windows/Super key and main-menu search box, and so on, and they're just grabbing their mice for every single thing they do besides typing? Maybe it's just an education thing.

It's nice to have a smaller keyboard when playing games, especially if you don't use high sens. If you don't need the numpad for binds, why not use a TKL/60? Average CSGO sens is 900-1000 edpi, with that you really need around a 15x15 mousepad. Starts taking up a lot of room especially if you don't want the mousepad flush with the keyboard. I can say it wouldn't be very comfortable using a full size board with my XXL mousepad that is 35.5 inches wide while playing at ~800 edpi.

Now if you don't play games and use a high sensitivity, then yeah, a full size board is probably okay, I would still rather have a TKL/60 and a separate numpad that I can bring in when needed.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 01:03:53 »

Incorrect.

You're wrong in stating that nothing has changed.  What has changed is my pain, which you seem to have ignored.  My pain, simply through change of switch, has decreased.  My pain, without the 55 degree tenting or any tenting for that matter, without the split, has decreased.  It's made more of a difference to me than the tenting and split.  This is something I've tested.  I've gone through this over the years.  I've found what works best for me. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 04:46:51 »

You're wrong in stating that nothing has changed.  What has changed is my pain, which you seem to have ignored.  My pain, simply through change of switch, has decreased.  My pain, without the 55 degree tenting or any tenting for that matter, without the split, has decreased.  It's made more of a difference to me than the tenting and split.  This is something I've tested.  I've gone through this over the years.  I've found what works best for me. 

That is a misattribution error.

The slight difference in feel of the NEW switch put you into a state where you relearned and adjusted your typing technique.

Having the different switch may have instigated the improvement,  but the weight of the switch or its mechanisms has nothing to do with having alleviated any pain.

All that's happened, is it's initiated a learning protocol for you to re-train.

Having taught piano for years, I've seen this happen alot..

Many novice players simply press the keys too hard, or hold them down with force (unnecessarily)..

So a common way to improve their technique is to retrain them on a piano or keyboard with slightly different key weight than they're used to.

Once they relearn and adjust their technique, they can go back onto any key weight, and play properly.

Offline Data

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 13:40:12 »
Cant say I'm a fan of the way they look thats for sure

Come on... really?

Nothing?

Not even a tickle?

Those are just mine -- they're not even the best examples and I'm a **** photographer.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 23:21:20 »
Still nothing??

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 23:25:37 »

That is a misattribution error.

The slight difference in feel of the NEW switch put you into a state where you relearned and adjusted your typing technique.

Having the different switch may have instigated the improvement,  but the weight of the switch or its mechanisms has nothing to do with having alleviated any pain.

All that's happened, is it's initiated a learning protocol for you to re-train.

Having taught piano for years, I've seen this happen alot..

Many novice players simply press the keys too hard, or hold them down with force (unnecessarily)..

So a common way to improve their technique is to retrain them on a piano or keyboard with slightly different key weight than they're used to.

Once they relearn and adjust their technique, they can go back onto any key weight, and play properly.

I suppose we look at things differently.  From my view, having found switches that let me keep to a standard keyboard is fantastic for me as I'm not limited to simply looking for the ergo style keyboard I want.  The humor is that now that I've found that my problems stem less from the keyboard and more from the mouse, I end up finding a keyboard that's more or less what I want in the Kinesis Freestyle 2.

The hilarity with piano is that I tend to not want to press down on piano keys so much and much prefer lighter keyboard keys to properly weighted piano keys; the piano keys feel too heavy for me and the pressure I want to put on them is not enough for a decent note.  That said, I also play guitar instead, so I really don't have to worry about that and leave the piano playing to the kids.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 00:08:57 »

I suppose we look at things differently.  From my view, having found switches that let me keep to a standard keyboard is fantastic for me as I'm not limited to simply looking for the ergo style keyboard I want.  The humor is that now that I've found that my problems stem less from the keyboard and more from the mouse, I end up finding a keyboard that's more or less what I want in the Kinesis Freestyle 2.

The hilarity with piano is that I tend to not want to press down on piano keys so much and much prefer lighter keyboard keys to properly weighted piano keys; the piano keys feel too heavy for me and the pressure I want to put on them is not enough for a decent note.  That said, I also play guitar instead, so I really don't have to worry about that and leave the piano playing to the kids.

Your problem was not the switch , it was the ways you were using it.

as for mouse..

Evoluent has the highest tenting angle..   So that's why I built my ergopwn 9000..

Offline Data

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 06:46:04 »

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 12:05:27 »

as for mouse..

Evoluent has the highest tenting angle..   So that's why I built my ergopwn 9000..

Even making use of heavier switch types in the way I use lighter switches wasn't enough help.  We'll just have to agree to disagree on the switches. 

I'll eventually get another mouse but until they can manage to put a good optical or laser sensor into a vertical mouse, I'm probably holding off on those.  Mousing lefty at work since the 90s has done wonders and staying away from WoW helps tremendously as well.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 14:52:53 »

as for mouse..

Even making use of heavier switch types in the way I use lighter switches wasn't enough help.  We'll just have to agree to disagree on the switches. 

I'll eventually get another mouse but until they can manage to put a good optical or laser sensor into a vertical mouse, I'm probably holding off on those.  Mousing lefty at work since the 90s has done wonders and staying away from WoW helps tremendously as well.

my ergopwn 9000 has a logitech 3366 sensor..   

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 15:27:03 »
In what situation does anyone benefit from having a mouse in the middle of where the keyboard is? I never understood this. I can't imagine it being practical

The mouse being in the middle is much more comfortable because the arm naturally rests  pointing inwards.

MANY of the bodily poses you have in front of the computer are Conditioned, rather than natural..

For example...  for you to turn your hands flat to face the keyboard,  THIS is very bad and unnatural a motion for your arms to engage in..

However, because you do it so much, you've gotten used to it..

This is very true but I have grown so used to carpal tunnel & RSI (I'm a carpenter & been swinging a hammer since I was 17) that the whole ergonomic keyboard thing is lost on me. I have been dealing with pain in my arms & wrists well before I became mech KB enthusiast so it probably would behoove me to give at least one a try. The 2 things that stop me are the learning curve especially for gaming since I am SO used to ANSI layout & the price of admission as most ergo boards worth their salt are extremely expensive. The price factor can be overcome now that I've finally started building my own boards but I don't know that I'd ever adjust to an Ergodox for gaming. The VEA may be the best compromise for me if I went ergo, as 65% has become my favorite form factor.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 15:30:35 »

This is very true but I have grown so used to carpal tunnel & RSI (I'm a carpenter & been swinging a hammer since I was 17) that the whole ergonomic keyboard thing is lost on me. I have been dealing with pain in my arms & wrists well before I became mech KB enthusiast so it probably would behoove me to give at least one a try. The 2 things that stop me are the learning curve especially for gaming since I am SO used to ANSI layout & the price of admission as most ergo boards worth their salt are extremely expensive. The price factor can be overcome now that I've finally started building my own boards but I don't know that I'd ever adjust to an Ergodox for gaming. The VEA may be the best compromise for me if I went ergo, as 65% has become my favorite form factor.

Hi Rob..

The Ergodox is fine for gaming..  The only difference is you will have to make some layout adjustments if you're playing a game which utilizes the F-keys a great deal.

If you do go the split route,,  tenting is a must.. 55 degrees..

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 15:35:24 »

as for mouse..

my ergopwn 9000 has a logitech 3366 sensor..   

That's my point.  I'm hoping we eventually get better ergo gaming mice rather than having to make our own.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 15:46:34 »

That's my point.  I'm hoping we eventually get better ergo gaming mice rather than having to make our own.

You can get it done now, this week, or wait 10 years for someone else to do it..

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 00:54:09 »

You can get it done now, this week, or wait 10 years for someone else to do it..

I've got a working mouse right now and zero inclination to rip another mouse apart.  I'd rather be playing guitar, lifting, going rock climbing, or riding roller coasters with my kids.  Besides, I'll probably snag a Zowie EC-1A for gaming at some point and see how that goes.  Right now, the Logitech G5 is holding out like a boss.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 13:29:29 »

I've got a working mouse right now and zero inclination to rip another mouse apart.  I'd rather be playing guitar, lifting, going rock climbing, or riding roller coasters with my kids.  Besides, I'll probably snag a Zowie EC-1A for gaming at some point and see how that goes.  Right now, the Logitech G5 is holding out like a boss.

It's like this..

You have the ground beef,  and you've got the tortilla..

Because of laziness,  you're eating the ground beef and tortilla as is, separately..

The groundbeef is too greasy, and the tortilla is dry and tasteless..

BUT,  had one the Drive to personally improve upon happenstance,  comes forth the TACO..

A perfect combination of Ground beef, and Tortilla..

On this path , we encounter, tomatoes, shredded cheese, horse radish ranch dressing..

AND SO.. our personal worlds roll forward..

The alternative is, one remains a sheep and buys whatever razer tells us to buy..

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 13:31:40 »

It's like this..

Because of laziness,  you're eating the ground beef and tortilla as is, separately..

BUT,  had one the Drive to personally improve upon happenstance,  comes forth the TACO..

On this path , we encounter, tomatoes, shredded cheese, horse radish ranch dressing..

The alternative is, one remains a sheep and buys whatever razer tells us to buy..

I just bought a Razer keyboard..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 13:33:52 »

It's like this..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 16:18:16 »

It's like this..

I'm super into mechanical keyboards

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 16:24:34 »
Show Image

APM = Too High

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 16:45:13 »
Show Image

APM = Too High

(Attachment Link)

2Tuff!!

Sneakers, Sneakers, Shoes, House Slippers.....got it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 19:29:17 »
Show Image

APM = Too High

(Attachment Link)

2Tuff!!

Sneakers, Sneakers, Shoes, House Slippers.....got it.

The slipper is an ultimate weapons second only to folding stool on the sacred scroll which lists all ultimate weapons.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 00:19:55 »

It's like this..

It's a time to value consideration.  I don't get a lot of value out of spending my time on such an endeavor so I see no point in doing such.  Were I more inclined to work in that fashion, I might give it a try but it's not my thing.  Instead, there's plenty of other mice for me to try which are plenty good.

To put it into a food analogy.  I've got the foie gras and the sauternes but I'll be damned if I'm going to make a damn water bath just to cook a terrine.  I'll simply sear the foie gras and enjoy it seared on toast, in a salad, dipped in honey, etc. and drink the sauternes.  Then I'll go buy some foie gras terrine when I want the terrine.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 02:01:05 »
This thread is more of a circle jerk than split keyboards ever were IMO.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 08:51:36 »

Offline ski_

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 19:44:49 »
I really want to try out an ergodox before I commit to it. I feel like they are impossible to resell if by chance I happen to hate it.  :-X
Come to a meet up-- I always bring mine-- and so do many others.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 05:24:15 »
Sometimes I wonder if the people who complain about having to reach for their mice never bothered to learn to use basic things like Tab / Shift+Tab to move from one part of a page to another; shortcuts like Ctrl+L/R and Ctrl+Home/End to move within text; Alt-Tab to switch applications; the Windows/Super key and main-menu search box, and so on, and they're just grabbing their mice for every single thing they do besides typing? ...

It's nice to have a smaller keyboard when playing games...

I don't have time for games. I'm too busy being fabulous.

Also, consider the keyboard waffle iron:

It's not available in a split version. I called the developers and asked if they'd consider a more ergonomic format, and they just laughed at me. What does that tell you? Follow the syrup.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 05:26:26 »
Sometimes I wonder if the people who complain about having to reach for their mice never bothered to learn to use basic things like Tab / Shift+Tab to move from one part of a page to another; shortcuts like Ctrl+L/R and Ctrl+Home/End to move within text; Alt-Tab to switch applications; the Windows/Super key and main-menu search box, and so on, and they're just grabbing their mice for every single thing they do besides typing? ...

It's nice to have a smaller keyboard when playing games...

I don't have time for games. I'm too busy being fabulous.

Also, consider the keyboard waffle iron:

Show Image

It's not available in a split version. I called the developers and asked if they'd consider a more ergonomic format, and they just laughed at me. What does that tell you? Follow the syrup.

/Mistake

That's not a keyboard waffle iron, it's a typewriter waffle iron..

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 23:06:02 »
Dammit, now I'm reminded that I don't have a waffle iron and want one.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 01:15:49 »

I got one, but I never use it..  it's one of those things that you'd think you'd use all the time,  only to realize.. Heck, Ramen's easier and taste better.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 01:29:02 »

I got one, but I never use it..  it's one of those things that you'd think you'd use all the time,  only to realize.. Heck, Ramen's easier and taste better.

I have a daughter that would love to be making waffles on the weekends for breakfast or brunch.  It would definitely get use.  Might have to find a decent one on Amazon now.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 01:36:13 »

I have a daughter that would love to be making waffles on the weekends for breakfast or brunch.  It would definitely get use.  Might have to find a decent one on Amazon now.

I was very enthusiastic week 1 and 2,   THEN lazy relapsed. ~~!

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 01:42:34 »

I was very enthusiastic week 1 and 2,   THEN lazy relapsed. ~~!

I'm lucky in that I would have external influence over making the waffles.  I also have a pretty decent little sous chef so we'd probably get decent usage out of one.  We had one before and used it over several years before it died out.  The kids have never experienced it, though, so we're probably due for one anyway.