Author Topic: Greetings from Sebia  (Read 1455 times)

Offline drakche

Greetings from Sebia
« on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 11:28:24 »
Hi guys,
greetings from Serbia. I've been recently getting back into mechanical keyboards.

My first board was an old Cherry board with linear blacks and a DIN connector, I got it with the PC some 20 years ago.
It's long gone now, and afterwards I had the pleasure of using an IBM M2 on my first work but I didn't manage to keep it for myself.

After that, a MK hiatus. I started having CTS problems due to work, and started using ergonomic rubber dome keyboards.
Recently I re-descovered the modern mechs and dove back in after realization that key weight was more beneficial to positioning.

Started small with a chinese board with Outemu Blues.
Naturally this was not the end and in search for perfect tactility I had with my old M2 I've started hearing about electrocapacitive switches and found a budget friendly alternative to Topre and went for a Plum 87, which is my current board.

And frankly, the perfect board for me.
It's probably going to be my endgame as soon as I get the SA keyset I've ordered.

I've swapped the domes for 55g which in my opinion made it the most enjoyable keyboard I've ever used.
And IMHO, it fees eons better than CM Novatouch which was my alternative to the Plum.
But the Plum won with the full programmability and retro looks.

162926-0

Here she is.
Some swapped to 55g domes and lubed.
Currently with stock keycaps, except the a PBT Cherry profile spacebar and ESC. The keys are some kind of a lower profile but quite nice, however, I prefer taller keycaps so I'm currently waiting for a Maxkeys Ashen SA keyset from zFrontier.

I'm nearing my endgame. Currently waiting for an Kensington Orbit Scroll and the aforementioned keycaps to ascend.

Regarding my other hobbies, I'm an MTB enthusiast and I used to compete in the amateur and hobby classes, both in cross country and downhill. Also a camper, and an all out fidgiter. From woodwork to electronics. Also an avid gamer (mostly old school RPG's) and beer aficionado.

So that would be kinda it. :)

Cheers guys.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Greetings from Sebia
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 20:17:58 »
Nice board!  Welcome to Geek Hack.  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline drakche

Re: Greetings from Sebia
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 05:16:33 »
Thanks man :)

I love the feel of it.
Not quire topre, but feels better than MX style switches.
Programmability is awesome.

And one other thing is getting new SA keycaps. :)