Author Topic: [IC] Split pcb for cherry ml  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Gavus

[IC] Split pcb for cherry ml
« on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 09:03:39 »
Hi!

I have modified the ergodox pcb from ergodox.io with a different layout. The layout is 40 keys ortholinear for each hand. But most importantly, it is wired the same way as the ergodox which should mean that no additional coding is necessary except for adding a different keymap. Everything I made is available on  gitbhub here: https://github.com/Gavus/split80. I wanted a very low profile split keyboard so the pcb is only for cherry ml switches.

Now I need to order the pcbs but the problem is that its to expensive for myself. I looked at several different pcbs manufacturers and elecrow seems to be the cheapest. The total price seems to be $53 for 10 pieces so Im looking for 4 people who would be interested in joining me for this prototype. I can't sadly give a guarantee that the pcb will be fully working but the only changes I've made to the design is the layout so I can't find any reasons on why it wouldn't be working.

Im also not sure if im breaking any licenses by doing this, please tell me if I am.

Layout:

Pcb image:

If you are interested, are having questions or want to give me feedback, feel free to contact me.