Author Topic: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2  (Read 138495 times)

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
Re: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 12:41:15 »
In, of course!

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 12:58:27 »
In. So much in.

Offline breckstar

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 14:36:29 »
Maybe Chinese new year :P SP is booked until December. Maybe massdrop has a fixed spot earlier but I don't expect that. I would hope for q1 2018 as a delivery time. Everything else is way too optimistic :P

Probably q1 2018 maybe even earlier. Depends on many factors thus i cant say exactly. But if things go right - the waiting time might become shorter as usual. Anyway the most important thing is, its gonna to happen and everyone who missed round 1 can get into round 2 with more options.

Giving the people what they want. Doing the Lords work. Bless you. Can't wait to order. 

Offline Detox

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 19:22:06 »
Piggy bank preparation in progress  ;D

Offline weichen6111

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 23:33:25 »
In!!  Im really expecting for SA carbon!!

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G935F 發送

Offline kconfire

« Reply #155 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 23:37:37 »
omg
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline m15

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 01:28:00 »
Very much in!

Offline mindcomputing

« Reply #157 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 11:00:41 »
YES!!

danke schön from Germany

Offline doom2

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 15:25:51 »
Can't wait!

Offline fouras

« Reply #159 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 04:37:21 »
Can a gray, 2u blank and two 1u blanks be added to the 40% kit? Being forced to use the hexagon novelty for ortho boards isn't ideal.

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #160 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 09:04:44 »
Oh **** this is what I wanted.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 18:14:17 »
Update.

Added 3 blanks (gray, baige and orange) to support grid plancks.

New additions.

Thus the basic kits are complete. By basic i mean support for all the common layouts. Thus current kits cover every known popular layout. With exotic kit (like the name says) you will be able to cover some unusual layouts.

Now i can work on fun stuff like novelties and what ever comes into my mind  :))

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #162 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 19:09:12 »
Update.

Show Image

New additions.
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thus the basic kits are complete. By basic i mean support for all the common layouts. Thus current kits cover every known popular layout. With exotic kit (like the name says) you will be able to cover some unusual layouts.

Now i can work on fun stuff like novelties and what ever comes into my mind  :))

Big fan of the ergodox professional kit. Love keys with legends and my ergo, can't think of another set with a kit like that.

Any shot we can get an orange and a grey 2u R1 Graphene key to use as a backspace added to the exotic kit( or one of the others)? Currently using the 2u Graphene R3 from the ergo kit as my backspace on my 60% and love it just wish it was the right profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #163 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 20:17:09 »
Update.

Show Image

New additions.
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Big fan of the ergodox professional kit. Love keys with legends and my ergo, can't think of another set with a kit like that.

Any shot we can get an orange and a grey 2u R1 Graphene key to use as a backspace added to the exotic kit( or one of the others)? Currently using the 2u Graphene R3 from the ergo kit as my backspace on my 60% and love it just wish it was the right profile.

Wow,that ergodox professional kit looks amazing. I'm so pumped.
Most of my keys matches the ergo professional kit.

Offline hansichen

« Reply #164 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 00:29:28 »
Update.

Show Image

Some small details: can we maybe get another 1u row 4 cap, there are so many enter possibilities but we have to use shift and enter in row 4, maybe add another shift for layouts with other enter position  ;D
And 1u blank of every color looks a bit weird on a plank, normally you have 2 1u keys with the same color. I would suggest to get either 2 orange or beige caps instead of 1 each and keep the 1 grey key so that you can have a full grey planck.

Offline traktor

« Reply #165 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 00:58:55 »
And 1u blank of every color looks a bit weird on a plank, normally you have 2 1u keys with the same color.

Doing a google image search for "planck grid" seem to confirm this. A lot of people put two blanks of the same color here. I'm assuming you are too. I'm curious, what mappings do you have there? I have control for the left thumb, and space for the right. To me, it makes perfect sense to have the same color for the space as for the rest of the alphas. Makes things pop i believe.

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #166 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 01:29:10 »
TG3 BL82 :eek:

I never thought I'd see a kit that would cover this keyboard and its almost never seen 1.5U "1!" key! Thank you thank you thank you!!! If you can include all the caps necessary to make it correctly sculpted I'm 100% in!!! :thumb:

Unless I'm mistaken the exotic kit would still need the following caps to fully support the BL82 (assuming the purchase of Alphas and Modifiers in addition to Exotic):
Row 4: End (1U), Del (1U), Ins (1U), `~ (1U), Space (I think it's 6U; standard 6.25U definitely doesn't fit.). Yep, that weird bottom row...

Also Row 4 Shift (1.75U) - but this might already be in the standard mods kit; it's hard to be sure as unit sizes aren't written on those graphics.

I'll double check the key compatibility when I'm at work tomorrow. I think I'm going to be getting some serious desk cred  ;D
TG3 BL82, Cherry MX clears
Access IS 15x8 matrix layout, Cherry MX blacks

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #167 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 02:55:34 »
Some small details: can we maybe get another 1u row 4 cap, there are so many enter possibilities but we have to use shift and enter in row 4, maybe add another shift for layouts with other enter position  ;D
And 1u blank of every color looks a bit weird on a plank, normally you have 2 1u keys with the same color. I would suggest to get either 2 orange or beige caps instead of 1 each and keep the 1 grey key so that you can have a full grey planck.

Just as i've said it before, profiled planck 2343 (Alphas + 40% kit) support only the default layout, which is defined on Jack Humbert's site. If you want to map keys differently then you have to do the unform planck 3333 (Adaptive Alphas + 40% kit). Th reason why i've done it that way is: to reduce the amount of keys, to allow custom layouts and support new 40% layouts like vans or jds. Also keep in mind for the vans and jds only the default layouts are supported. Thats the curse of programmable keyboards. Else it would blow up the kit.

In case of additional blank keys, then i'll add the missing blanks.

TG3 BL82 :eek:

I never thought I'd see a kit that would cover this keyboard and its almost never seen 1.5U "1!" key! Thank you thank you thank you!!! If you can include all the caps necessary to make it correctly sculpted I'm 100% in!!! :thumb:

Unless I'm mistaken the exotic kit would still need the following caps to fully support the BL82 (assuming the purchase of Alphas and Modifiers in addition to Exotic):
Row 4: End (1U), Del (1U), Ins (1U), `~ (1U), Space (I think it's 6U; standard 6.25U definitely doesn't fit.). Yep, that weird bottom row...

Also Row 4 Shift (1.75U) - but this might already be in the standard mods kit; it's hard to be sure as unit sizes aren't written on those graphics.

I'll double check the key compatibility when I'm at work tomorrow. I think I'm going to be getting some serious desk cred  ;D

Yeah you need alphas + modifiers + exotic kit to make cops jelly. Anyway exotic kit is an addapter and is not meant to cover an exotic keyboard alone. You still need alphas and standard modifiers. There is no way around.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #168 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 03:22:33 »
May I suggeet to split 40 kit into ortholinear kit and 40 kit? Ortholinear to support Planck, Preonic, Subatomic, Atreus, while 40 to support MiniVan, JD40, JD45, Minorca, Sebright, etc? Because I feel they don't belong in the same category. Especially with the last Planck drop hitting 1400++ I believe ortholinear can stand alone, and with the success of MiniVan too it can stand alone. I suggest to look at SA Godspeed as reference on what I'm talking about.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #169 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 03:24:51 »
May I suggeet to split 40 kit into ortholinear kit and 40 kit? Ortholinear to support Planck, Preonic, Subatomic, Atreus, while 40 to support MiniVan, JD40, JD45, Minorca, Sebright, etc? Because I feel they don't belong in the same category. Especially with the last Planck drop hitting 1400++ I believe ortholinear can stand alone, and with the success of MiniVan too it can stand alone. I suggest to look at SA Godspeed as reference on what I'm talking about.

Reasonable. I'll look into that. Though if i do it this way i'll make it still uniform for custom layouts.

Offline hansichen

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 03:30:46 »
Doing a google image search for "planck grid" seem to confirm this. A lot of people put two blanks of the same color here. I'm assuming you are too. I'm curious, what mappings do you have there? I have control for the left thumb, and space for the right. To me, it makes perfect sense to have the same color for the space as for the rest of the alphas. Makes things pop i believe.

I am using space on the left key and shift on the right one.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #171 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 04:16:08 »
Current stand for planck kit. Trying to rework 40% kit, though i need to leave some thoughts on it.
But here is the planck kit:

As is said before profiled planck will support only default layout. Thus i will not add any key for row2 and row4.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 April 2017, 04:17:56 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #172 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 05:02:27 »
Yeah you need alphas + modifiers + exotic kit to make cops jelly. Anyway exotic kit is an addapter and is not meant to cover an exotic keyboard alone. You still need alphas and standard modifiers. There is no way around.

Sorry, I think we had some miscommunication there; I fully accept that I'd need to buy alphas + modifiers + exotic kit to cover a BL82, but it would still be missing R4 keys for: End, Del, Ins, and `~

If those keys aren't included in the exotic kit, anyone trying to fill a BL82 would need to put R1 & R2 keys into the bottom row of the keyboard as they aren't provided as R4 in any other kit.

The 6U space bar is missing too, but that could probably be obtained outside of the groupbuy. I know it's a pretty big ask to accommodate all these odd keys for the BL82, which is why I was so surprised to see you make a kit to support it in the first place. Thank you :thumb:

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 05:10:41 »

Sorry, I think we had some miscommunication there; I fully accept that I'd need to buy alphas + modifiers + exotic kit to cover a BL82, but it would still be missing R4 keys for: End, Del, Ins, and `~

If those keys aren't included in the exotic kit, anyone trying to fill a BL82 would need to put R1 & R2 keys into the bottom row of the keyboard as they aren't provided as R4 in any other kit.

The 6U space bar is missing too, but that could probably be obtained outside of the groupbuy. I know it's a pretty big ask to accommodate all these odd keys for the BL82, which is why I was so surprised to see you make a kit to support it in the first place. Thank you :thumb:

I'll add these missing keys with the next update. The 6u spacebar will be not available, despite someone is ready to hoes 6k$ for the mold... That means you will still roll the default spacebar on the deck82.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 April 2017, 05:12:56 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 05:14:51 »

I'll add these missing keys with the next update. The 6u spacebar will be not available, despite someone is ready to hoes 6k$ for the mold...

Thank you!!! :D

And WOW... I love my BL82, but I don't think I'd spend $6k on it  :))

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #175 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 05:17:30 »
yes
Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.

Offline hansichen

« Reply #176 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 07:17:41 »
I'll add these missing keys with the next update. The 6u spacebar will be not available, despite someone is ready to hoes 6k$ for the mold... That means you will still roll the default spacebar on the deck82.

The Add On kit of this set offers an insanely priced 6u space bar: https://en.zfrontier.com/collections/keysets/products/sp-corner-creatures

Is this add on kit produced by another manufactur or are there some plans for buying such a mold?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #177 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 07:26:13 »

The Add On kit of this set offers an insanely priced 6u space bar: https://en.zfrontier.com/collections/keysets/products/sp-corner-creatures

Is this add on kit produced by another manufactur or are there some plans for buying such a mold?

OOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, that might explain why that kit is 166 dollars! I thought that was just them being retarded

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #178 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 07:35:58 »
New 40% kit. Supports jd45 and van keyboards.

Updated exotic kit:

Dont know if this is a thing. I need to speak to Melissa anyway and i will ask about it. But right now there is no 6u spacebar available and that is fact. The things might change however.

Offline heilstrahl

« Reply #179 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 07:36:59 »
This looks amazing, T0mb3ry. I'm definitely in. Is there any chance of adding an R2 1.5u Backspace to something like the Exotic kit to cover the True Fox layout for Whitefox?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #180 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 07:38:50 »
This looks amazing, T0mb3ry. I'm definitely in. Is there any chance of adding an R2 1.5u Backspace to something like the Exotic kit to cover the True Fox layout for Whitefox?

I'll look into it.

Offline heilstrahl

« Reply #181 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 07:41:36 »

I'll look into it.

Thank you! I really appreciate it.  :)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #182 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 07:49:42 »

I'll look into it.

Thank you! I really appreciate it.  :)

Checked the layout of true fox and i must admit its the same backspace used for hhkb. Its already featured as row 2 "Delete" key in modifiers and bone modifiers. I'll look into changing it to Backspace.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #183 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 08:20:06 »
Row 2 1.5u Delete key was changed to Backspace.

Sneaky Edit: Backspace is now split in two lines. Reason is its looks better since one line Backspace uses smaller font and looks scrambled.

New and Old Orange Alphas:
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 April 2017, 09:45:15 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Cloudnine25

• Chilling
« Reply #184 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 09:56:02 »
Will the left ctrl key problem fixed in Round2?
I mean when using these awesome keycaps on filco , the left ctrl key seems to rub the case...
Or I should probably buy some other keyboards?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 10:17:44 »
I mean when using these awesome keycaps on filco , the left ctrl key seems to rub the case...

This is an issue with some filco cases. Mine rubs from time to time too. Despite that i for myself find filco still best stock keyboard you can get.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #186 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 10:38:23 »

This is an issue with some filco cases. Mine rubs from time to time too. Despite that i for myself find filco still best stock keyboard you can get.

Any shot of getting a 2u R1 Graphene key to use in place of backspace?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #187 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 10:49:49 »

Sounds like a job for the novelty kit

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #188 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 10:58:11 »

Indeed it is. ;)

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #189 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 11:24:44 »

Indeed it is. ;)

Haha sorry didn't quote the right post! Thought it could fit there or the exotic kit but any kit it's in I'd buy!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #190 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 12:03:43 »
Carbon without Warning Signs, wouldn't be Carbon right?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #191 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 13:00:29 »
Carbon without Warning Signs, wouldn't be Carbon right?
Show Image

Offline johuu

« Reply #192 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 13:17:06 »
What about the icon arrow keys that were present in the first run?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #193 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 13:18:25 »
Show Image

Meanwhile at Valve HQ  :))

Gaming kit? :)

Offline lasermild

« Reply #194 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 13:49:31 »
will there be 2u vertical "+" in numpad kit?
saving money for this!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #195 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 13:57:04 »
will there be 2u vertical "+" in numpad kit?
saving money for this!

Good catch. This approves i am human :) Sure it will be there since its missing.

Offline fax668

• Shaken, not stirred
« Reply #196 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 13:59:02 »
Show Image

If I hadn't already made up my mind about buying, this would have been the ultimate argument.  :-*

P.S.: No idea what's wrong with the smileys. "Don't use smileys" is unchecked.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 April 2017, 14:01:01 by fax668 »

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #197 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 14:03:25 »

If they actually talked to SP and will have them create a 6u spacebar mold, they should really be promoting the hell out of that everywhere since it'd get some extra people to join, just to make sure the 6u SA bar becomes a thing.  Otherwise it's possible it's another Danger Zone scenario where they just listed that and then will find out the 6u bar doesn't exist.

Offline johuu

« Reply #198 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 14:04:39 »

Gaming kit? :)

Looking forward to it  ;D

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #199 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 14:29:22 »
Carbon Novelties:

Added missing vertical 2u + key... lol