Author Topic: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2  (Read 138376 times)

Offline simonyunhe

Re: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 20:56:57 »
Update.
Mod extension kit
New kit which includes all the alternate color keys, stepped keys, led windowed keys and WKL keys. I personaly think that this kit is also very interessting for round1 participants, ince its has all the alternate color keys.
Show Image

Thanks for the updates!  ;D
Just notice the 1.75u Shift and 1u Fn is not included in this kit.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 April 2017, 21:01:33 by simonyunhe »
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline Atredl

« Reply #251 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 21:05:56 »
Update.
Mod extension kit
New kit which includes all the alternate color keys, stepped keys, led windowed keys and WKL keys. I personaly think that this kit is also very interessting for round1 participants, ince its has all the alternate color keys.
Show Image

1.75u shift appears to be in the base modifiers kit but I can't find 1u fn anywhere either.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #252 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 22:54:55 »
Update.
Mod extension kit
Show Image

1.75u shift appears to be in the base modifiers kit but I can't find 1u fn anywhere either.

There is a 1u row 4 "Func" key included in the modifiers kit.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #253 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 22:59:16 »
Update.
Mod extension kit
Show Image

There is a 1u row 4 "Func" key included in the modifiers kit.

You are correct. I missed it there on the bottom. Small phone screens make it tough  :-\

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #254 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 02:08:17 »
Update.
Mod extension kit
Show Image

1.75u shift is part of modifiers kit. And there is no way i will repeat that spcific kit from round1. So if you miss that spcific 1.75u key, than sell your round1 base kit (on mechmarket) and get the round 2 alphas with modifiers kit.
I also dont want to make to many specific kits. I want to make it easy and cheap for the buyers.

This is bad news for cops. BL82 needed R2 "page up" and R3 "page down". If possible could we please have those added to the exotic kit along with the R4 "`~" and R4 "end"? That way anyone else who still needs "page up" and "page down" in those rows can get them from the exotic kit.
This is not a problem i'll add these missing keys to exotic kit.

I think you're making a good choice.  I much prefer having larger kits offering more coverage compared to buying 5 little kits or so to cover a specific board, even if I have to spend a few more dollars.  Inevitably I will want to move the set to something else, and if I only bought a few little kits, there's a good chance I wouldn't have coverage!

Exactly. Its better to have "future safe" more layout covarages. Else by moving this set from one layout to another you will sell your kidney first and then aquire the spcific kit on mechmarket. Also most of the time people on mechmarket sell sets as complete packeage and never in kits.

Offline richard912

« Reply #255 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 05:30:24 »
Any chance for a 1u R4 "END" or did I miss seeing it?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #256 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 06:11:02 »
Update.

Update.
Mod extension kit
Show Image

1.75u shift is part of modifiers kit. And there is no way i will repeat that spcific kit from round1. So if you miss that spcific 1.75u key, than sell your round1 base kit (on mechmarket) and get the round 2 alphas with modifiers kit.
I also dont want to make to many specific kits. I want to make it easy and cheap for the buyers.

Ok this is a lie :) I (slept a night over it ) did following update:

Modifiers kit
Just tkl with default colorway. Not less not more. Main point here is the affordability. Everybody should be able to afford it.

Modifiers extension kit
Contains all the keys which modifiers kit contained previously. If you consider getting some time later an non tkl layout keyboard then get this kit. I do not guaranty any compability between the rounds. Its just impossible. If you miss some kits its your problem. Nobody is to blame here except for yourself. Just that simple.
 - Added row 4 1.25u "CTRL" keys. (for those who appreciate short version)

Exotic kit
- Added row 2 1u "PAGE UP" key
- Added row 3 1u "PAGE DOWN" key

Any chance for a 1u R4 "END" or did I miss seeing it?

Its missing. I will add it with the next update to Modifiers extension kit.

« Last Edit: Sun, 09 April 2017, 06:45:59 by T0mb3ry »

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #257 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 07:42:28 »
Looks great, but please bring it to GB phase! Just kidding, take your time to improve and do what you want to do. In the meantime, I'm eagerly waiting for that keyset to drop.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #258 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 08:24:21 »
I would have preferred the big, all-in-one modkit (mainly because that would probably be cheaper for people that only need that 1.75u shift), but I can understand why you chose to split it. (Though a huge all-in-one pack like with GMK Carbon would still be something I'd prefer)

I've got a bad feeling that just the alphas and normal mods will be ~15-25 bucks more than the Dasher/Dancer TKL kit, mainly because they are split into two kits. I hope you can prove me wrong though!

Offline richard912

« Reply #259 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 08:50:56 »
Yay!! Am definitely in for a TKL set with mod extension kit but could I bother you to also include a R1 1u "DELETE" too?
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 April 2017, 08:56:05 by richard912 »

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #260 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 09:06:37 »
Yay!! Am definitely in for a TKL set with mod extension kit but could I bother you to also include a R1 1u "DELETE" too?

Hm yeah, I remember Del/End/PgDn being there as R1 in the old version of the modifier kit, would be dope to have for 96key and such.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #261 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 09:39:34 »
I would have preferred the big, all-in-one modkit (mainly because that would probably be cheaper for people that only need that 1.75u shift), but I can understand why you chose to split it. (Though a huge all-in-one pack like with GMK Carbon would still be something I'd prefer)

I've got a bad feeling that just the alphas and normal mods will be ~15-25 bucks more than the Dasher/Dancer TKL kit, mainly because they are split into two kits. I hope you can prove me wrong though!

I prefer that too. But i think most of the buyers will want just the tkl version for few bucks and being just happy. However i dont want to hesitate ergodox and 40% people buying tkl version they dont need. If they need that they'll get also the modifiers kit. Thats it. For people who are more deeply involved into keyboard hobby i will highly suggest getting mod extension. Getting it second hand will be very difficult.

In case of pricing you should not bother much. Here is moq and pricing list of amazing chocolatier, which took similar approach splitting alphas and mods:

Hm yeah, I remember Del/End/PgDn being there as R1 in the old version of the modifier kit, would be dope to have for 96key and such.

I'll definitely look into that. Just give some time.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 April 2017, 11:04:15 by T0mb3ry »

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #262 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 11:44:47 »
Just so I can save up enough for this buy, how much do you expect the set to cost?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #263 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 11:58:14 »
Update.
Flex kit
Its different but it may attract bone modifiers buyers. And i think you will be able to make soem interessting combos with it. Anyway i am open to repeat the old flex kit. However i think its the numbers which makes this kit and in that case the new kit is superior.

Mac kit

Just so I can save up enough for this buy, how much do you expect the set to cost?

Looking at chocolatier i think around 70$ (without shipping, fees and taxes) for tkl (alphas + modifiers kit). Hoard some more money just in case... Keep in mind this is just my assumption and things might come different...

Offline dsaf

« Reply #264 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 12:15:31 »
...And i think you will be able to make some interesting combos with it...

That's true:

165233-0

Offline EriG

« Reply #265 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 12:46:38 »
Just register this id to let you know i am in. Nice work!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #266 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 14:16:31 »
Update.

Bone Modifiers
- Visualized front print on led windowed keys.
- Added stepped "CONTROL" key.

Exotic kit and 40%
- Changed "ENTER" to "RETURN"

DC kit
- Added Bone mods Backspace key

Modifiers extension kit
- changed stepped "CTRL" to "CONTROL"

*NEW*
Community kit

Orange alphas
- Added scoops visuals

Flex kit
- Added "\" key in beige and orange colors

Offline Cas

« Reply #267 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 15:09:05 »
Any chance of a space bar 6u?

Offline SBN

« Reply #268 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 15:40:33 »
Just made an account to say that an image of an SA Carbon keycaps got me too look into this community! Dankeschön!!

So I'm really looking forward to join into my first keycaps GB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #269 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 15:45:58 »
Any chance of a space bar 6u?

The mold does not exist, but there seems to be one in the works. Let's see how that plays out

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #270 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 16:02:46 »
*NEW*
Rolling bones
In case of naming: In my mother language dices (in a slang language) are called bones. Because they are usually beige like bones. So thats the naming comes from.
As you can see it has a dice theme but also can feature other luck or strategic based games. This kit is still in the works, so nothing is set in stone bone.

Just made an account to say that an image of an SA Carbon keycaps got me too look into this community! Dankeschön!!

Willkommen! :)

Edit: damn typos and Oblotzky fix :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 April 2017, 16:47:10 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #271 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 16:40:51 »
so ntohing is set in stone bone.

FTFY

btw also a spell in WoW http://www.wowhead.com/spell=193316/roll-the-bones I think it's quite common
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 April 2017, 17:10:24 by Oblotzky »

Offline Terceler

« Reply #272 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 17:28:28 »
Yeah pretty common to refer to both dice and domino pieces (which 7-9 resemble) as "bones" I think.

Probably comes from the fact typically were carved from animal bones historically.

Offline ghostdeini

« Reply #273 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 17:52:53 »
Haven't popped by in a while, but thank you for changing to CTRL! The dice idea is pretty neat, so this set isn't necessarily strictly "science" themed. Sorta like how troubled minds could either be for Joker or EVA, just by switching the novelties!

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #274 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 19:01:49 »
Wow you've been busy! The kits are really looking close to done, and coming along very nicely. Thank you for all your efforts to accommodate so many different layouts in full sculpted profile; it's a lot of work and is very much appreciated!

There's just one key left to add to the exotic kit for full cop keyboard support (excluding the mythical 6U spacebar)
- Orange on grey 1 unit R4 `~

With that R4 tilde key added, I'll be in for mods, mods extension, exotic, orange alphas, and warning signs. It'll probably cost a pretty penny but I have a feeling another set to fit the BL82 will never come along, especially not one that looks this good!
TG3 BL82, Cherry MX clears
Access IS 15x8 matrix layout, Cherry MX blacks

Offline Shados

« Reply #275 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 19:08:19 »
*NEW*
Rolling bones
In case of naming: In my mother language dices (in a slang language) are called bones. Because they are usually beige like bones. So thats the naming comes from.
As you can see it has a dice theme but also can feature other luck or strategic based games. This kit is still in the works, so nothing is set in stone bone.
Show Image

Willkommen! :)

Edit: damn typos and Oblotzky fix :)

For the R1 keys there, they could almost be used as number row... maybe include a single blank to act as 0 in that case?

Offline hoq

• wolfmark.work
« Reply #276 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 19:22:29 »
Since the Planck/Atomic kit is gone,
I really hope R4 2u white novelty key can be found somewhere. :p

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #277 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 20:00:26 »
Since the Planck/Atomic kit is gone,
I really hope R4 2u white novelty key can be found somewhere. :p

It's not gone - check the first post for the complete list of currently proposed kits.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #278 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 23:50:53 »
Noticed theres currently no way to run the same colored F1-F12 keys as there used to be.  Ol(R1) Flex kit used to include these to make that viable. Not sure if that was just overlooked, or youre just working on it (i understand its very early still so no rush), just dropping by to let you know in case that was something that was just forgotten.

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #279 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 01:55:56 »
Noticed theres currently no way to run the same colored F1-F12 keys as there used to be.  Ol(R1) Flex kit used to include these to make that viable. Not sure if that was just overlooked, or youre just working on it (i understand its very early still so no rush), just dropping by to let you know in case that was something that was just forgotten.

Take a closer look at the modifiers extension kit, you'll find orange on grey F5 to F8 there :thumb:

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #280 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 17:00:51 »
Update.

Rolling bones
- Added "domino" keys
- Added scooped 5 as its supposed to be placed on numblock.
- Added 1.25u and 1.5u modifiers.
- Added 1.75u row 3 tab "777" key.
- Added Ansi Enter with a skull. This key is subject to change. I want seven skulls just need to figure out how to realize it. And i will probably.
- Added ISO Enter tripple seven skull. Top dices are 7, the skull has seven mark and bottom dices have seven too. ISO makes more sense now :)
- Added Ø keys as NULL keys. Hope nordic speaking people dont get angry about that.

edit: spelling
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 April 2017, 17:15:15 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #281 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 17:07:29 »
*NEW*
Rolling bones
Show Image

Update.

Rolling bones
- Added "domino" keys
- Added scooped 5 as its supposed to be placed on numblock.
- Added 1.25u and 1.5u modifiers.
- Added 1.75u row 3 tab "777" key.
- Added Ansi Enter with a skull. This key is subject to change. I want seven skulls just need to figure out how to realize it. And i will probably.
- Added ISO Enter its tripple seven skull. Top dices are 7, the skull ahs seven mark and bottom dices ahve seven too. ISO makes now more sense :)
- Added Ø keys as NULL keys. Hope nordic speaking people dont get angry about that.
Show Image

rip another 40 bucks

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
« Reply #282 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 17:13:03 »
Definitely in

Offline Jhors2

« Reply #283 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 17:27:35 »
I'm in for this as well.
Duck Blackbird | Duck LSv3 | Duck Unicorn X Legend |  TX-75 | Mira SE | LZ-CP | LZ Iron | LZ Ergo | Duck Jet Fire | OTD 360 Corsa Apple Silver | TGR-910 CE

Incoming: Zeal Zephyr | Duck TC-V3 | Singa R2 | LZ GH v2 | Noxary 280 S | Noxary 220 S

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #284 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 19:24:39 »
I'm going to end up dropping a fortune on this. Going to end up with one of everything....

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #285 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 23:55:25 »
RIP my wallet, I hate you.  :'(

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 11:44:44 »
Any chance for 2 and 2.75 blanks, maybe on the exotic kit?

Offline daijizai

« Reply #287 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 11:53:01 »
Any chance for an orange Dvorak/Colemak kit?

Heavily considering it. However i need to think about moq. It may not tip since the buyers will be splitted. Thus you need to understand why i dont introduce too many choices. With too many choices, kits will not tip and you are left with nothing.

Hell, if the drop points are near the chocolatier I'll take us a quarter way there ;-). Probably will need about 6 sets of orange alphas personally, and If I need to in order to make sure it pops I'd probably be willing to commit to twice that (and hope to make it back on secondary market). That means it might just take one more weirdo like me!

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #288 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 11:58:22 »
Probably will need about 6 sets of orange alphas personally

wtf?

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #289 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 12:06:09 »
Probably will need about 6 sets of orange alphas personally

wtf?
Thought exactly the same :D

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #290 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 12:34:08 »
Either he really, really loathes shine or he's planning to resell them?

Offline Auchindoun

« Reply #291 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 12:55:08 »
Made an account to say that I'm in. Not sure how this works though.

Offline zeshon

« Reply #292 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 15:59:33 »

Eventually the creator will be selling the kit on Massdrop, so being "in" here is just for fun.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #293 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 16:07:12 »

Eventually the creator will be selling the kit on Massdrop, so being "in" here is just for fun.

It does help the creator field community buy in and get feedback though, and help inform demand to an extent

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #294 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 16:09:51 »
Update.

NORDEUK kit
- Added bone modifiers support
- Changed "ALT GR" to "ALT GRAPH"

Rolling bones
- Added dice to Ansi enter

edit: spelling
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 April 2017, 17:02:47 by T0mb3ry »

Offline profanum429

« Reply #295 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 16:15:17 »
Looking forward to picking up some kits I wish I could find :)

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #296 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 16:25:26 »
Oh boy please stop teasing me alr!!!

Offline classicboss302

« Reply #297 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 19:34:27 »
Oh, I am tempted by this.

Offline handcraftedbits

« Reply #298 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 19:44:46 »
Maybe I'm missing something, but why is there an R3 1.25u caps lock?  The common scenario is to swap caps lock with left control, which is an R4 key on normal keyboards.  Shouldn't there (or could there ;D) be an R4 caps lock?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #299 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 00:07:11 »
Maybe I'm missing something, but why is there an R3 1.25u caps lock?  The common scenario is to swap caps lock with left control, which is an R4 key on normal keyboards.  Shouldn't there (or could there ;D) be an R4 caps lock?

There is no r3 1.25 u caps lock. The same counts for r4....

Btw. check the name of the kit.

Edit: added hint
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 April 2017, 00:11:47 by T0mb3ry »