Author Topic: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2  (Read 138736 times)

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
Re: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 00:09:59 »

Offline khairolnizam

« Reply #301 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 12:41:32 »
With the number of child kits now. I might even buy alphas in both colours. Seems like it would fit 2 boards.

The longer this IC is going, the more sets we're all gonna end up buying.

Wallet. Cries.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #302 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 14:53:21 »
Update.

Bone modifiers
- Added "CAPS LOCK" row 4 1.25u and 1.5u

Modifiers extension kit
- Removed alternat color keys (see alternate colorway below)
- Added "CAPS LOCK" row 4 1.25u and 1.5u

*NEW*
Alternate colorway
If you want to rid of orange keys or just more orange.

*NEW*
Arrows kit
Adaptive arrow keys for using with carbon or other keysets even with different or uniform row constelation.
The arrows can replace WASD keys.

Offline colbs

« Reply #303 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 15:40:18 »
Looks great, am in for alphas, dox, novelties, and warning signs.

I am a bit concerned about the two ergodox options, as splitting the already small base of ergodox users could cause MoQ problems.  If this plays out like godspeed, there will be many more people ordering the ergodox professional kit compared to the blank ergodox kit.  Unfortunately, the ergodox professional kit doesn't match my layout very well at all, so I am hoping there are still enough orders to get the normal ergodox kit produced.

Can't wait, and keep up the good work  :thumb:

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #304 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 16:08:00 »

I am a bit concerned about the two ergodox options, as splitting the already small base of ergodox users could cause MoQ problems.  If this plays out like godspeed, there will be many more people ordering the ergodox professional kit compared to the blank ergodox kit.  Unfortunately, the ergodox professional kit doesn't match my layout very well at all, so I am hoping there are still enough orders to get the normal ergodox kit produced.

Dont worry ergo dox kit will sell in greater numbers than professional ;) There are two reasons for it.  Professional ergodox kit supports only default layouts and costs more. I hope professional kit tips so people who want an ergodox with proper legends get that they want.

Offline colbs

« Reply #305 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 16:16:21 »

Dont worry ergo dox kit will sell in greater numbers than professional ;) There are two reasons for it.  Professional ergodox kit supports only default layouts and costs more. I hope professional kit tips so people who want an ergodox with proper legends get that they want.
Ya never know, the ergodox kit with legends for godspeed handily outsold the blank version.  Either way, carbon will be on my dox in one form or another

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #306 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 16:35:56 »

Ya never know, the ergodox kit with legends for godspeed handily outsold the blank version.  Either way, carbon will be on my dox in one form or another

The blank Ergodox kit on Godspeed was added in the last 3 days of the drop, plus the blank Carbon Ergodox looks more exciting IMO with the graphene novelties compared to Godspeed's blank one, so I'm very sure the numbers will play out very differently on this drop

Offline colbs

« Reply #307 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 16:38:58 »

The blank Ergodox kit on Godspeed was added in the last 3 days of the drop, plus the blank Carbon Ergodox looks more exciting IMO with the graphene novelties compared to Godspeed's blank one, so I'm very sure the numbers will play out very differently on this drop
Ah, I had no idea about the timing, thanks for the info!  My life goal is to have carbon on one ergodox, and oblivion on the other, so here is hoping they all work out!

Offline dsaf

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 17:51:37 »
This is almost perfect for me now. Talking about less important things, will there be a way to achieve orange WASD easily? Buying full orange alphas doesn't make sense for me without orange ISO-UK. Not sure if it's worth adding orange UK keys into NORDEUK.

(PS: also graphene mods kit!)
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 April 2017, 18:04:33 by dsaf »

Offline daijizai

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 18:17:20 »
Either he really, really loathes shine or he's planning to resell them?

Making 3 boards for buds, and need my ergodox and let's split covered. +1 for replacements in case of damage. Only become trade/sale bait if I have to double it.

Offline daijizai

« Reply #310 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 18:43:39 »

DC kit
- Added Bone mods Backspace key
Show Image

Any thought to adding D Y L & B keys to enable Workman for max flexibility in the pack?

Offline danielpall

« Reply #311 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 19:30:32 »
I have a WASD V2 ISO and a Pok3r ANSI.

Would love to be able to cover both in Carbon SA goodness but I'm not sure about the WASD V2 ISO since I have an Icelandic layout there.
To be able to use that the letters Þ and Ð would need to be added.
Ð is to the right of P.
Þ is to the left of right shift.
And an Ö key for R1 (it's to the right of 0 in the number row)

I understand if those changes won't make it into the set, since the market is insanely small for that layout.

But for the Pok3r I'm buying at least:
-> Alphas
-> Modifiers Kit
-> Orange Alphas
-> Warning Signs
-> Carbon Novelties
-> Possibly the Alternate Colorway (haven't decided)

Offline richard912

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 21:07:56 »
Please don't forget the R1 1u "Delete"

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #313 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 15:00:25 »
Want to share with you some mockups which display graphene mods in usage.
Just in case this is just testing, because i find graphene mods questionable. Also the following mockups display probably not doable graphene legends since i try to cover whole surface. I am checking right now with Melissa if its doable.

Again keep in mind these are just mockups and it does not mean the graphene mods will end in the drop. Thus its not set in stone the mods will be available. This is just consideration.

Honestly i am not a fan of these.

Thats better but still not that i hoped to see. I think its better done with another technique but its very different story. But this that possible right now.

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #314 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 15:44:24 »
Just in case this is just testing, because i find graphene mods questionable. Also the following mockups display probably not doable graphene legends since i try to cover whole surface. I am checking right now with Melissa if its doable.

Again keep in mind these are just mockups and it does not mean the graphene mods will end in the drop. Thus its not set in stone the mods will be available. This is just consideration.

Show Image

Show Image

Thats better but still not that i hoped to see. I think its better done with another technique but its very different story. But this that possible right now.

I much prefer the previous ones. These just look kinda weird....

Offline dsaf

« Reply #315 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 17:06:36 »
Want to share with you some mockups which display graphene mods in usage...

Looks very good! Though for me it's a natural extension of the Carbon Novelties kit which only has 1 graphene novelty (ANSI-enter) yet ~5 kinds of the formula novelties, which feels a bit unbalanced. Compare it to the Rolling Bones which has ISO-enter, ANSI-enter and ~3*4 kinds of mainstream mods - although with less color options. I might be wrong about the bigger picture though, since I only have experience with ISO TKL.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #316 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 17:20:23 »
I love the bottom one in all white base, it looks amazing.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #317 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 19:39:10 »

Show Image

Show Image

Looking good! Again I dont think many people would buy this in order to use ALL the mods. But I do think a lot of people would buy these to use one or two for their mods to give it a tad more personalization then the next person.

Offline thad

« Reply #318 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 21:08:41 »
I'm not a fan of the graphine bone mods.

Offline rustywok

« Reply #319 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 23:24:27 »
I love the bottom one in all white base, it looks amazing.

Yes. That's a little different. Love the graphic quality. Bones. (Maybe a Baron Samedi top hat novelty cap for the Bones set?)

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #320 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 01:00:38 »
I'm not a fan of the graphine bone mods.
Same

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #321 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 14:22:51 »
Two renders using the new novelty keys and kits. The first one is a bit overloaded for my taste but that's just me throwing as many of the new keys on it as possible to show them off. I really like the M65 one though!

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #322 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 14:29:17 »
Two renders using the new novelty keys and kits. The first one is a bit overloaded for my taste but that's just me throwing as many of the new keys on it as possible to show them off. I really like the M65 one though!

Show Image

Show Image

In love with the row1 bone mods!

Offline yokken

« Reply #323 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 16:25:32 »
Wow, those playing cards/gambling novelties are, sorry to say, ugly as hell. I hope they go in their own kit because I want the classic Carbon novelties but I would never want those.

EDIT: Ah, I see, the "Rolling bones" kit. Got it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 April 2017, 16:30:44 by yokken »

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #324 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 17:32:42 »
Some bone planck modifiers would be nice, colour me interested either way though.
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline Tally810

« Reply #325 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 17:40:51 »
I actually like all the modifiers

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #326 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 17:53:00 »
so many kits oh lawd

Offline Simia_4

« Reply #327 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 21:39:25 »
I'm totally in!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #328 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 02:14:11 »
The graphene mods will not make it, because SP need to make new tooling for legends which exceeds 2u width. Making new tooling for several thousands dollars just for these playfull and niche modifiers is not worth it.

Also the rolling bones iso enter will probably discarded, but i am talking about possibilities with Melissa.

so many kits oh lawd

Yeah i need to stop at this point. There are already enough kits and they offer great compabilities and whatever.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 April 2017, 02:16:15 by T0mb3ry »

Offline TastyNico

« Reply #329 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 04:28:33 »
I'm in for the Alphas, Mods and NordeUK kits.
Maybe also for the Novelties and Arrows.

Finally a keyset that'll be worth 200+ bucks for me, full nordic support combined with the most beautiful color scheme imo.  :thumb:

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #330 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 04:48:34 »
Yeah i need to stop at this point. There are already enough kits and they offer great compabilities and whatever.

Please don't forget to add R4 `~ with orange legend on grey keycap to the exotic kit for true TG3 BL82 support before you call everything done :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 April 2017, 04:53:10 by Bob »
TG3 BL82, Cherry MX clears
Access IS 15x8 matrix layout, Cherry MX blacks

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #331 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 04:59:23 »

Please don't forget to add R4 `~ with orange legend on grey keycap to the exotic kit for true TG3 BL82 support before you call everything done :thumb:

Added ;)

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #332 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 07:22:41 »
Added ;)

Wow! That was fast! Thanks! :thumb:
TG3 BL82, Cherry MX clears
Access IS 15x8 matrix layout, Cherry MX blacks

Offline TastyNico

« Reply #333 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 08:34:42 »
There is 1 key missing for the German layout which contains a # and a '

It's right next to the Ä
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 April 2017, 08:41:52 by TastyNico »

Offline maximm

« Reply #334 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 10:53:11 »
  • Missing bonemods for the Numpad
  • Missing NORDEUK for the orange alphas
  • Move the Bone ISO to the BoneMods - they will make the NordeUK very expensive, and will probably see very little use. The bonemods is already such a huge expensive niche kit that the ISO will not make a huge impact on them.
  • Include 1800-support (R1 Del,End,PgDn) in the extension kit
  • Include the lambda orange novelty key in the base kit - it will be extremely popular! Just like the carbon C in the alphas.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #335 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 11:09:28 »
  • Missing bonemods for the Numpad
  • Missing NORDEUK for the orange alphas
  • Move the Bone ISO to the BoneMods - they will make the NordeUK very expensive, and will probably see very little use. The bonemods is already such a huge expensive niche kit that the ISO will not make a huge impact on them.
  • Include 1800-support (R1 Del,End,PgDn) in the extension kit
  • Include the lambda orange novelty key in the base kit - it will be extremely popular! Just like the carbon C in the alphas.

• Missing bonemods for the Numpad _____ I'll look into that but probably only in bone mods. Anyway bone mods are optional cant support them fully
  • Missing NORDEUK for the orange alphas _____ Orange alphas are optional cant support them fully
  • Move the Bone ISO to the BoneMods - they will make the NordeUK very expensive, and will probably see very little use. The bonemods is already such a huge expensive niche kit that the ISO will not make a huge impact on them. ____ Thats an option. Need to think about it.
  • Include 1800-support (R1 Del,End,PgDn) in the extension kit ____ Many kits are not finalized. Thus i'll add these in the next update
  • Include the lambda orange novelty key in the base kit - it will be extremely popular! Just like the carbon C in the alphas. ____ Nope will not split :) Get the warning signs kit. Carbon C is a signature key and lambda is not.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 April 2017, 11:15:15 by T0mb3ry »

Offline metheon

« Reply #336 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 14:51:21 »
Hi T0mb3ry.

Have you considered a couple of graphene 1.5U for Atreus/Atreus62 compatibility? Thinking either in the planck kit or the carbon mods kit.

Thanks.

Edit:
To follow up on this, I guess the two keys would have to be symmetrical around the middle in the long direction such that people could angle it inwards and outwards as they please. I do think the graphene key automatically fit that description.

If you want to be even more compatible with the Atreus, I guess most people use 2-3 1U keys next to the 1.5U keys for their thumbs. It would make sense to have some blank keys which are row 3, while the remaining 4-5 1U keys on should probably be row 4.

I abused my mad skills of google sheets to try to illustrate my point. Not sure how many would want something like this. I wouldn't mind all grey keys to be blank, except maybe for some cool carbon stuff.

So, as a thought experiment, lets assume it would go into its own kit, then the bare minimum would be:

- Numbers, covered by flex kit maybe with some added carbon kits (or warnings kit)
- Alphas, covered by alpha kits

So what remains is all the mods and bottom rows:

- 2 1U row 2, grey, blank
- 2 1U row 3, grey blank
- 2 1U row 4, grey blank
- 10 1U row 4, grey blank (2 more is required to be able to go full row 4 at the bottom)
- 6 1U row 3, grey blank (6 more is required to be able to go full row 3 at the bottom)
- 2 1.5U row 3, grey, graphene
- 2 1.5U row 4, grey, graphene

Not too sure how expensive that would be or how many would be interested. I would buy it at least :)

166231-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 April 2017, 05:43:34 by metheon »

Offline kawaiicheung

« Reply #337 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 15:12:06 »
Please don't forget to add 2.25 and 2.75 spacebars. Many 40% need them!!! A full spacebar kit is quite necessary.

Thanks a lot.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #338 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 14:26:38 »
Thinking about to replace the round 1 lambdas with these ones:

The row 3 could also be used as arrows. But i can rotate it and make proper arrows out of it.

Please don't forget to add 2.25 and 2.75 spacebars. Many 40% need them!!! A full spacebar kit is quite necessary.

Thanks a lot.

2.75u for a 40%? Do you have an example? For the rest see the 40% kit. Anyway due to the all split keyboards approaching last time there will be some kind of split spacebars kit available as extra.

Hi T0mb3ry.

Have you considered a couple of graphene 1.5U for Atreus/Atreus62 compatibility? Thinking either in the planck kit or the carbon mods kit.

Thanks.

Edit:
To follow up on this, I guess the two keys would have to be symmetrical around the middle in the long direction such that people could angle it inwards and outwards as they please. I do think the graphene key automatically fit that description.

If you want to be even more compatible with the Atreus, I guess most people use 2-3 1U keys next to the 1.5U keys for their thumbs. It would make sense to have some blank keys which are row 3, while the remaining 4-5 1U keys on should probably be row 4.

I abused my mad skills of google sheets to try to illustrate my point. Not sure how many would want something like this. I wouldn't mind all grey keys to be blank, except maybe for some cool carbon stuff.

So, as a thought experiment, lets assume it would go into its own kit, then the bare minimum would be:

- Numbers, covered by flex kit maybe with some added carbon kits (or warnings kit)
- Alphas, covered by alpha kits

So what remains is all the mods and bottom rows:

- 2 1U row 2, grey, blank
- 2 1U row 3, grey blank
- 2 1U row 4, grey blank
- 10 1U row 4, grey blank (2 more is required to be able to go full row 4 at the bottom)
- 6 1U row 3, grey blank (6 more is required to be able to go full row 3 at the bottom)
- 2 1.5U row 3, grey, graphene
- 2 1.5U row 4, grey, graphene

Not too sure how expensive that would be or how many would be interested. I would buy it at least :)

(Attachment Link)

Not promising but i'll look into it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 April 2017, 14:40:20 by T0mb3ry »

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #339 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 14:34:18 »
Thinking about to replace the round lambdas with these ones:

2.75u for a 40%? Do you have an example? For the rest see the 40% kit. Anyway due to the all split keyboards approaching last time there will be some kind of split spacebars kit available as extra.

Are the round/these lambda keys different from the standard lambda keys I see on page one that don't have a boarder? I like the lambdas that do not have a boarder around them

Oddforge VE.A uses a 2.75 blank space, I would also like one of these

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #340 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 14:45:21 »
Thinking about to replace the round lambdas with these ones:

Are the round/these lambda keys different from the standard lambda keys I see on page one that don't have a boarder? I like the lambdas that do not have a boarder around them

Oddforge VE.A uses a 2.75 blank space, I would also like one of these

The problem with round 1 lambda that its from HalfLife font with unknown license (though its modified). That i care here about is not getting into IP troubles. Thats why i am always trying to create my own stuff (besides there are some free fonts or what ever). In that case i cant use that round 1 lambda anymore. I dont own the rights for it and i dont even know thats behind it. Its unsafe.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 April 2017, 15:04:41 by T0mb3ry »

Offline dsaf

« Reply #341 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 15:26:57 »
I would skip this round if the lambda design changes so drastically. Sure it's just one key but it strongly contributes to the overall appeal to me. Does Valve really hold a trademark over a standalone Greek character? When there is a circle around it - sure, but just one standard-looking sans-serif character on it's own?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #342 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 15:54:49 »
I would skip this round if the lambda design changes so drastically. Sure it's just one key but it strongly contributes to the overall appeal to me. Does Valve really hold a trademark over a standalone Greek character? When there is a circle around it - sure, but just one standard-looking sans-serif character on it's own?

They do not own the trademark for the greek lambda sign as a whole. Its about the font. I suppose this sign (which was used in round 1) was extracted from the game btw. whoever created it - owns the rights. Since the licinse is unknown its just unsafe to continue to use it. If i see somewhere a proper license for it i can then decide to use it or not. Again it depends on license. Thus the free destribution of the HalfLife font on all the font sites is questionable without any license attached to it. Is it legal or not?

I get a feel people dont get how it works with IP and rights. What ever you create by your own its yours. You are the autor. The IP is applied to it automaticly. This is how it works in the most parts of the western world. For example the warning signs those i've created by myself btw the vector graphics belong to me. Its not about the warning signs usage its about these svgs i've done. If you want to use them rightfully you need to ask me or you do create your own warning signs with your own ip and you can do what ever you want with these.

Because how it works i cant use it, though i would love to keep it.

Offline kawaiicheung

« Reply #343 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 15:58:09 »
As you say, split keyboards need 2.75u, some customized mechanical keyboards also use it.

Recently GMK's spacebars kits always have a 2.75u spacebar.

Sincerely hope that it will be a spacebar kit include all kinds of spacebars.  :)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #344 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:03:04 »
As you say, split keyboards need 2.75u, some customized mechanical keyboards also use it.

Sincerely hope that it will be a spacebar kit include all kinds of spacebars.  :)

Thanks for example. I'll add an 2.75u graphene key to 40% kit. Also imost probably there will be kind of split spacebar kit like in GMK Carbon.

Offline dsaf

« Reply #345 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:03:25 »
...Because how it works i cant use it, though i would love to keep it.

Thank you for explaining. What if it is reproduced in vector from scratch and looks exactly or almost exactly same?

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #346 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:11:34 »

Thank you for explaining. What if it is reproduced in vector from scratch and looks exactly or almost exactly same?

How it's produced doesn't matter, all that matters is how it looks, if it is too close then there are grounds for rights violation to be called by the owner of the rights

Offline dsaf

« Reply #347 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:14:26 »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #348 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:14:41 »

I cant reproduce it 1 to 1. Its a copy then. Its just the same issue like with initial Vault keys which have used some signs/symbols from Fallout.
I can make it different but not the same. Also the HalfLife lambda has destinct style applied to it which makes you think about HalfLife. I can only relate to it.

Offline kawaiicheung

« Reply #349 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:19:09 »

Thanks for example. I'll add an 2.75u graphene key to 40% kit. Also imost probably there will be kind of split spacebar kit like in GMK Carbon.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: