Author Topic: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2  (Read 138886 times)

Offline GroovyGI

Re: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2
« Reply #400 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 07:23:46 »
Things just seem to be getting more and more interesting. If Gabe is on board with one key to make a few thousand Half Life fans happy it is going to make quite a few Steam users very happy, excellent business move on his part. Its not like the people buying this set aren't some Hardcore gamers I wouldn't be surprised to see a Valve key in the future it is type of custom things that has been sold on the Valve store. There are a few hundred t-shirts and multiple mouse pads for sale in the store, but I think that the more hardcore gamers have custom keyboards, keycaps and high end mice.

I think that it would be great to have Valve ask for individual keys to be sold in the Valve store or a custom set to be designed by T0mb3ry in the future (Half life, Portal, Team Fortress, etc.) I think that something that is on well over 10,000 desktops around the world like custom keycaps would be excellent promotion for Valve games. I hope that things with this work out for T0mb3ry as Valve has a habit of commissioning some of the better artists to help promote games with new promotional items. Bottom line is that People that spend $100.00 to $300.00 on a keyboard and $100.00 plus for custom keycaps are the very people that Valve wants to keep happy we are their core demographic after all. When the sets ship there will be a few thousand pictures of desktops with their logos on the internet which is free publicity for Valve.

Good luck cant wait to see how this goes.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #401 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 07:55:56 »
Things just seem to be getting more and more interesting. If Gabe is on board with one key to make a few thousand Half Life fans happy it is going to make quite a few Steam users very happy, excellent business move on his part. Its not like the people buying this set aren't some Hardcore gamers I wouldn't be surprised to see a Valve key in the future it is type of custom things that has been sold on the Valve store. There are a few hundred t-shirts and multiple mouse pads for sale in the store, but I think that the more hardcore gamers have custom keyboards, keycaps and high end mice.

I think that it would be great to have Valve ask for individual keys to be sold in the Valve store or a custom set to be designed by T0mb3ry in the future (Half life, Portal, Team Fortress, etc.) I think that something that is on well over 10,000 desktops around the world like custom keycaps would be excellent promotion for Valve games. I hope that things with this work out for T0mb3ry as Valve has a habit of commissioning some of the better artists to help promote games with new promotional items. Bottom line is that People that spend $100.00 to $300.00 on a keyboard and $100.00 plus for custom keycaps are the very people that Valve wants to keep happy we are their core demographic after all. When the sets ship there will be a few thousand pictures of desktops with their logos on the internet which is free publicity for Valve.

Good luck cant wait to see how this goes.

While I suggested to t0m to reach out to Gaben as I was expecting this type of answer from Gabe, you can't expect it to happen always, so I understand why t0m did not do it. I reached out to the Git guys and they were happy to let me use the logo on Oblivion Git modifiers, but Github on the other hand went straight into nope-mode when I asked them to use Octocat for the community kit. You could argue the same but companies have different philosophies, and Valve did exactly what you'd expect from them.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 April 2017, 08:00:59 by Oblotzky »

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #402 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 10:46:09 »

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #403 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 11:12:43 »

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #404 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 11:16:14 »
Show Image

Genius move by Gaben, Get the hype train roaring even harder by promoting this carbon drop then crush us again with no hl3. =*(

Offline GroovyGI

« Reply #405 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 12:37:51 »
After I said something good about Gabe and Valve I wondered how long it would be until someone mentioned HL3. I now have my answer. As for future custom projects and accounting for Valve time I would guess that T0mb3ry receives permission to use Half Life logo then the sales will be tracked by a Valve employee (they are everywhere) to see how sales go then there will be a cost analysis to see what type of sales they could generate from using this designer for a custom keycap set for Valve. This could take at least 6 months to a year after the sale of this drop, the benefit here is the work that has already been done for T0mb3ry. I am speaking about the past sales figures of his previous keycap sets and the requests on Massdrop and the interest checks here at geekhack. This is a reliable estimate of sales for T0mb3ry's art (Carbon SA Keycap Set 6066 users have requested this product. and GMK Carbon Custom Keycap Set 3818 users have requested this product.). With the sales guru's at Valve they can estimate sales based on these figures and decide for or against, but the sheer benefit of Valve games promotion from these Keycap sets they cant go wrong helping to make our community happy. I know that keys like Steam logo http://www.geekkeys.com/steam-backlit-keycap/ and have found their way onto quite a few keyboards around the world and are just good for business for Steam.

Offline GroovyGI

« Reply #406 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 12:44:50 »
I forgot to ask T0mb3ry if the next GMK Carbon Custom Keycap Set will have Orange Alphas like the SA Carbon set. I like both profiles but passed on the last GMK Carbon set as I really wanted the Orange Alphas. I will but the next GMK Carbon set regardless but could you please think about it next time. Thanks.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #407 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 14:12:15 »
I forgot to ask T0mb3ry if the next GMK Carbon Custom Keycap Set will have Orange Alphas like the SA Carbon set. I like both profiles but passed on the last GMK Carbon set as I really wanted the Orange Alphas. I will but the next GMK Carbon set regardless but could you please think about it next time. Thanks.

Due to the success of gmk carbon round 1, yes there will be orange alphas in round 2. Round 2 will be somewhere as modular as SP-SA Carbon but with the mindset of GMK's MOQs.

Offline GroovyGI

« Reply #408 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 14:47:45 »

Due to the success of gmk carbon round 1, yes there will be orange alphas in round 2. Round 2 will be somewhere as modular as SP-SA Carbon but with the mindset of GMK's MOQs.

Thank you very much, I really like Orange. I cant wait to get this SA Carbon set so you can start the GMK Carbon round 2 drop next.

Offline Simia_4

« Reply #409 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 17:24:41 »
Any idea on the time frame for the round 2 and will it be on massdrop or someplace else?

I'm dumb... it's in the first post.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 April 2017, 17:38:15 by Simia_4 »

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #410 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 17:33:05 »
Is the modifier extension kit the one you would need or a HHKB?

Offline Atredl

« Reply #411 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 19:18:21 »
Is the modifier extension kit the one you would need or a HHKB?

Yup. Otherwise you won't have the properly sized keycaps. Also keep in mind that you'll need Topre to MX sliders in case you don't have those already.

Offline sklin

« Reply #412 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 21:13:32 »
where's the 7u spacebar after splitting mod & mod extension kit?

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #413 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 21:24:13 »

It wasn't forgotten :thumb:

The 7u spacebar was removed intentionaly as it will be available as extra. Not everyone who wants the mods extension is going for wkl.
TG3 BL82, Cherry MX clears
Access IS 15x8 matrix layout, Cherry MX blacks

Offline sklin

« Reply #414 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 21:25:20 »

It wasn't forgotten :thumb:

The 7u spacebar was removed intentionaly as it will be available as extra. Not everyone who wants the mods extension is going for wkl.

thx~

Offline ch4rd

« Reply #415 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 00:59:00 »
Hi there, thanks for setting this up! I'd definitely be interested in this kit, however I am planning to use it on a Mechmini. I was wondering if there are any 2.75 width keys in any of the sets? I took a look through and didn't see anything like that listed, but perhaps I missed it. Ideally it'd be something generic for a space bar, but I'd really be fine with any key.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #416 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 02:37:58 »
Hi there, thanks for setting this up! I'd definitely be interested in this kit, however I am planning to use it on a Mechmini. I was wondering if there are any 2.75 width keys in any of the sets? I took a look through and didn't see anything like that listed, but perhaps I missed it. Ideally it'd be something generic for a space bar, but I'd really be fine with any key.

The kit you are looking for is not done now.

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #417 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 06:23:23 »
I just noticed that the orange alphas kit is missing the += key in row one.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #418 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 07:13:36 »
I just noticed that the orange alphas kit is missing the += key in row one.

Yeah i fixed it a while ago but i forgot to update the front page. Now its updated.

Offline maximm

« Reply #419 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 13:31:31 »
Are we doing NORDE for the Orange alphas or what :)?

Offline dsaf

« Reply #420 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 14:01:23 »
NORDE wouldn't make much sense, NORDEUK/UK - could meet 30-50 MOQ.

Based on current MT3 sales stats UK kit sold 70% of NORDE-IT-ES-FI kit at 20% of the price.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 April 2017, 14:08:53 by dsaf »

Offline consolation

« Reply #421 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 09:20:21 »
I would strongly suggest breaking up the modifiers kit into 60% + TKL kits. If you look at the last massdrop (/dev/tty) discussion you can see there's a strong call for separating the two groups. Basically, make the Function keys plus nav cluster an add on. This doesn't force 60% & TK users into wasting money on TKL keys that they'd rather spend on novelties etc.

Also, while I'm hankering for the orange ones; have you considered doing orange on grey alphas; this is the one thing that doubleshot can, but dyesub can't, do.

I'm so looking forward to getting this around christmas :-b

Offline hansichen

« Reply #422 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 09:46:50 »
I think that it's fine. The Matteo discussion was about the accent keys having only the lower modifier keys and no tab/backspace so that you can't fill a 60% board. Regarding the fact that the kits of the set massively underperformed I'd say that people just wanted to have a cheap way to test this profile. The tomorrow starting DSA Miami dolch set has them split up so if we really want to change that we will see the next days if people really want that.

Offline consolation

« Reply #423 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 09:58:02 »
..The tomorrow starting DSA Miami dolch set has them split up so if we really want to change that we will see the next days if people really want that...

That's a good point, I think that the way Miami has the kits broken up is much more sensible with the current sub TKL popularity. Pricing aside, it's bit icky making a lot of people buy half a kit, just to throw it in a drawer or bin; you know, because we all have to mind our Carbon footprint nowadays...
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 April 2017, 10:01:18 by consolation »

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #424 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 19:25:12 »
I would strongly suggest breaking up the modifiers kit into 60% + TKL kits.
I'd be on board with this suggestion for exactly the opposite reason. I'm planning to buy this set for a BL82, which means I don't need any of the standard 60% mods, but I do need the F row, arrow keys, and home key from the TKL kit. The savings go both ways.

Offline TeHao

« Reply #425 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 19:47:43 »
I  can't wait for Carbon

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #426 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 02:32:23 »
Sorry guys, but TKL is the base layout. The suggestion to make 60% base is not new and i will not change it to it. The majority uses TKL layout not 60%. If you disagree then we can say the same for 65% and 75% layout which grow very strong in popularity. I suppose 65% is really close in popularity to 60%, if not above. Anyway TKL is the base - deal with it.

I would strongly suggest breaking up the modifiers kit into 60% + TKL kits.
I'd be on board with this suggestion for exactly the opposite reason. I'm planning to buy this set for a BL82, which means I don't need any of the standard 60% mods, but I do need the F row, arrow keys, and home key from the TKL kit. The savings go both ways.

Have you seen alternate colorway kit? As alternative i suggest also arrows kit + flex kit.

Edit: made bob a suggestion :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 May 2017, 02:37:14 by T0mb3ry »

Offline eddible

« Reply #427 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 09:50:24 »
Is it possible to add the novelty 'C' key to the novelties kit? I have Round 1 SA Carbon and would love the novelty C key without buying the full alphas kit.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #428 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 10:28:34 »
Sorry guys, but TKL is the base layout. The suggestion to make 60% base is not new and i will not change it to it. The majority uses TKL layout not 60%. If you disagree then we can say the same for 65% and 75% layout which grow very strong in popularity. I suppose 65% is really close in popularity to 60%, if not above. Anyway TKL is the base - deal with it.
I wouldn't debate your choice in setting up the kits however you see fit but I do want to point out that it really isn't about popularity so much as lowest common denominator.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #429 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 10:46:26 »
I wouldn't debate your choice in setting up the kits however you see fit but I do want to point out that it really isn't about popularity so much as lowest common denominator.

I understand. But most people have no plan that to get and it should be as simple as possible. Most people will get alphas and standard modifers for their tkl boards with fancy rgb lights and what not. The people who want 60% base, are fighting for few bucks and i will not drop the simplicity for it. This is not right. As i said TKL will stay the base version and if someone disagrees, well its his personal problem.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 May 2017, 10:57:47 by T0mb3ry »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #430 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 12:51:27 »
Update.

Orange alphas
- Removed 7u spacebar since its not a standard size.

40% kit
- Removed 6.25u spacebar. Not everyone is going to build a 40% with 6.25u spacebar and its still available as kit (see below).
- Added 2.75u graphene spacekey. People who dont like graphene keys can still get the spacekeys kit (see below).

Flex kit
- Remove number row.
- Added accent keys for beige numbers.

*NEW*
Number row kit

*NEW*
Spacebar kits
Spacebars do not sell well if offered as single options in different colors. Keep in mind everything has at least moq of 25 which has to be reached. In that case if you want to buy a 7u spacebar in orange or beige, then you get both.
Same counts for 6.25u spacebar.

*NEW*
Spacekeys kit
Same as with spacebar you get it in both colors. That should help to reach MOQ more easily.

« Last Edit: Mon, 01 May 2017, 13:14:30 by T0mb3ry »

Offline zeshon

« Reply #431 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 14:15:15 »
This kit is going to eat my wallet. Holy cow.

Offline joshtimmermans

« Reply #432 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 18:27:37 »
Interested beyond belief!! Bring this round to life!!!!!!!!

[/url]

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #433 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 18:56:11 »
Have you seen alternate colorway kit? As alternative i suggest also arrows kit + flex kit.

Edit: made bob a suggestion :)

I'm fine with TKL being the standard. Just look at GMK sets, or the last run of DSA Light Cycle - you get EVERYTHING so that MOQ is reached. We're lucky to be offered this many kits as it is ;D

Thanks for the suggestion, but the only problem is that I'd still need the home key from the TKL set, and that's fine. Having the full TKL gives me (and other sub-TKL users) the option to move the set to another board later.

From my view, minimum requirements for BL82 are: orange alphas (because orange is the best of course!), TKL modifiers, modifiers ext., and exotic. The only thing missing there is the space bar, because a 6u SA mold doesn't exist  :'( Wonder if I can make my own custom space bar somehow :confused:

I'll probably also get the number row kit so I can match the orange on grey 1! key in the exotic kit with the rest of the number row, alternate colourway so I can have a uniform F row, and warning signs. It's a lot of kits for such a little board, but like I said, I'll have a lot of options if I ever want to move the set to another board, and really, you never see sets to fit a BL82, except if you use blanks. Definitely never a fully sculpted set, so I'm extremely grateful for your work :thumb:

Just looking at the number kit - should beige on grey be R1?

Regarding the Space bar kit, since it has 6.25u space bars in both colours, should this be removed from the modifiers kit?

Offline consolation

« Reply #434 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 21:25:07 »
I understand. But most people have no plan that to get and it should be as simple as possible. Most people will get alphas and standard modifers for their tkl boards with fancy rgb lights and what not. The people who want 60% base, are fighting for few bucks and i will not drop the simplicity for it. This is not right. As i said TKL will stay the base version and if someone disagrees, well its his personal problem.

While I agree that most people still need TKL mods, a lot don't, sub 80s are increasingly popular, and for non collectors; you are asking people to buy a lot of keys to essentially biff in the bin - I was only half joking about the carbon footprint; we need to stop wasting stuff just because it's convenient, if only so our grandkids don't think our generations were idiots. Also, as you can see from /dev/tty MD discussion, some people see it as forcing them to buy extra stuff for shady reasons, so the bad PR aspect is there.

I would totally understand if it was a new set that was worried about reaching minimum numbers, but carbon is huge - that will not be a problem. Miami drop shows that it can be done well. At the end of the day, it's going to be your and Massdrops call, but (unless you have some deep seated philosophical objection), I urge you to reconsider.  I'm 100% sure it's going to be an awesome drop regardless.

Offline imprevade

« Reply #435 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 22:02:37 »
I feel like people forget that they're buying completely unnecessary plastic keyboard caps. If you're not happy with the bundles or prices, put your wallet where your mouth is and spend your money elsewhere. What are you going to save anyways, like $5-10? Get real.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #436 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 01:29:01 »

While I agree that most people still need TKL mods, a lot don't, sub 80s are increasingly popular, and for non collectors; you are asking people to buy a lot of keys to essentially biff in the bin - I was only half joking about the carbon footprint; we need to stop wasting stuff just because it's convenient, if only so our grandkids don't think our generations were idiots. Also, as you can see from /dev/tty MD discussion, some people see it as forcing them to buy extra stuff for shady reasons, so the bad PR aspect is there.

I would totally understand if it was a new set that was worried about reaching minimum numbers, but carbon is huge - that will not be a problem. Miami drop shows that it can be done well. At the end of the day, it's going to be your and Massdrops call, but (unless you have some deep seated philosophical objection), I urge you to reconsider.  I'm 100% sure it's going to be an awesome drop regardless.

You're ignoring one vital thing in keycap design/production/distribution: Every time you split up a kit, the price for combining them back together rises. Imagine you have a Modifier kit that includes 60% and TKL, it'll cost 35$. If you now split it up into 60% and TKL, you'll have something like 24$ and 16$ at the same MOQ, you just jacked the price for TKL people by 5$ so that you can save 11$. 60% people have it cheap as it is, a Alphas+TKLMods kit rarely goes beyond 80$, you can hardly complain about that. A group buy is a team effort, think beyond your own order :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 May 2017, 01:54:46 by Oblotzky »

Offline kikan

[IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2
« Reply #437 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 12:27:37 »
Hi T0mb3ry, everyone,

I am in the process of buying a black Ergodox and I fell in love with the Carbon design while looking at some Ergodox setup on the net.
Now I can't even think about this keyboard without your keyset on. It is such a good fit. Your design is so sleek.

I did not even know keycaps mods where a thing a few days ago, but I'm all in now ;-)

To the point, I use an exotic layout (French dvorack : bépo) and while I don't expect you to accommodate for it*, I'd like to know it would be possible to have a set of blanck  keycaps for the "alpha" keys in the "bone" color. Sorry if this is a noob question, I did read the entire thread first to see if it had been discussed before, but it was not.

*Homing keys are E and T; letters position is very different of azerty/ qwerty.
http://bepo.fr/wiki/Fichier:Carte-bepo-simple.png

Hope you'll have the time and patience to answer this question,

Best,

G

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 May 2017, 12:29:48 by kikan »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #438 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 13:23:32 »
Hi T0mb3ry, everyone,

I am in the process of buying a black Ergodox and I fell in love with the Carbon design while looking at some Ergodox setup on the net.
Now I can't even think about this keyboard without your keyset on. It is such a good fit. Your design is so sleek.

I did not even know keycaps mods where a thing a few days ago, but I'm all in now ;-)

To the point, I use an exotic layout (French dvorack : bépo) and while I don't expect you to accommodate for it*, I'd like to know it would be possible to have a set of blanck  keycaps for the "alpha" keys in the "bone" color. Sorry if this is a noob question, I did read the entire thread first to see if it had been discussed before, but it was not.

Best,

G

Hi and welcome :)

I'll look into offering some kind of blank keys, though only alphas (1u sized but fully profiled keys). By the way you may take a look at rolling bones which has numpad alphas and these might be used also as "doted" blanks but that idea might cost a little bit.

Offline Tadleer

• Keyboard Warrior
« Reply #439 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 14:58:47 »
Super interested in this. One quick question regarding lead time though. Did anyone see how SA Godspeed just got delayed again? Apparently they were suppose to ship in April but turns out SP didn't even start production. Can't imagine how long SA Carbon would take at this rate considering SA Dasher is still on its way.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #440 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 15:54:06 »
Super interested in this. One quick question regarding lead time though. Did anyone see how SA Godspeed just got delayed again? Apparently they were suppose to ship in April but turns out SP didn't even start production. Can't imagine how long SA Carbon would take at this rate considering SA Dasher is still on its way.

I dont know that is happening right there but i guess they (SP) are quite bussy with something. They got their reasons for it. In that case seems like Carbon leadtime will be delayed too. By how far i dont know.

In any case people should be patient with SP. This is not bussines as usual. You are buying a custom keyset and it takes its time. Its not an item which you can buy just like toilet paper on Amazon, which will ship just in few days if not event tommorow.

Offline kikan

[IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2
« Reply #441 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 16:30:50 »
Hi T0mb3ry, everyone,

Best,

G

Hi and welcome :)

I'll look into offering some kind of blank keys, though only alphas (1u sized but fully profiled keys). By the way you may take a look at rolling bones which has numpad alphas and these might be used also as "doted" blanks but that idea might cost a little bit.

Thanks ! Did not think of the rolling bones, although I did think of using the numpad alphas so it would somewhat resemble what you see on the universal skin for the typematrix* (in much more useful and better looking way) but I'd still have a few missing keys ;-)

I don't know how many others would be interested in the blank alpha set like I do.
Guys?

Best,

G
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 May 2017, 16:13:57 by kikan »

Offline Tadleer

• Keyboard Warrior
« Reply #442 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 17:02:55 »

I dont know that is happening right there but i guess they (SP) are quite bussy with something. They got their reasons for it. In that case seems like Carbon leadtime will be delayed too. By how far i dont know.

In any case people should be patient with SP. This is not bussines as usual. You are buying a custom keyset and it takes its time. Its not an item which you can buy just like toilet paper on Amazon, which will ship just in few days if not event tommorow.

Yeah I completely understand that. I was just reading the discussion with Godspeed. I think the problem with people had was that they were saying that they will have a shipping update in April. And then just today, Massdrop issued an update saying that SP didn't even start production and there is not even a new ETA from SP now. =(

Offline colbs

« Reply #443 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 17:24:50 »
SA 1965 got bumped from a June ETA to a september, and SA grade (which is dyesub so it should be unrelated to the gb queue) has been delayed a few times.  DSA granite and dolch came a little late as well to the storefront.  It sounds like they are simply overbooked across the board right now.

All that being said....even though I would obviously prefer a short wait, I will wait as long as it takes to have this set on my board.  It is glorious :)

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: Tue, 02 May 2017, 20:07:41 by colbs »

Offline kikan

« Reply #444 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 21:55:42 »
SA 1965 got bumped from a June ETA to a september, and SA grade (which is dyesub so it should be unrelated to the gb queue) has been delayed a few times.  DSA granite and dolch came a little late as well to the storefront.  It sounds like they are simply overbooked across the board right now.

All that being said....even though I would obviously prefer a short wait, I will wait as long as it takes to have this set on my board.  It is glorious :)

+1

Offline Tadleer

• Keyboard Warrior
« Reply #445 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 23:30:54 »

If you're following the Godspeed drop right now, they were suppose to ship in April, but now they have NO eta... Which is kinda ****ed lol

Offline superpiya

« Reply #446 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 02:58:19 »

I don't mind waiting for this amazing set also  :D

Offline mindcomputing

« Reply #447 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 05:46:23 »
(...) you can buy just like toilet paper on Amazon (..)

dude i love the german translated idiomatic expression :)
but its true.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #448 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 22:58:37 »
Thanks for the Space Bar Kit! Need me my 40% and split's space bars covered

Offline SadSalmon

« Reply #449 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 15:15:53 »
What made you go with ABS over PBT? Do people prefer ABS? I would have thought the durability of PBT would outweigh the price increase and people expect to pay more. Like the only downside that I see with PBT is it tends to be slightly limited in terms of colours. I'm kind of new to the mech keeb game, but I would like to design a set of keys one day.