Author Topic: [IC] GMK Wine - Updated  (Read 7587 times)

Offline TheNamesTy45

[IC] GMK Wine - Updated
« on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 21:57:23 »
Edit: As this idea matures, the idea behind it is starting to shift from purely a plum wine theme to a general red wine and white wine theme as two partner sets.

As it stands now this is currently the red wine set, and I will be doing some modification to it soon based on feedback received. I have updated the red wine set to the below

Some renders of the red wine set.

This is the current white wine theme.

Added a few renders of White Wine:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sitting at my desk drinking some Fu-Ki plum wine, and I decided that I was going to remove the labels from attractive bottles of wine and use it to "wrap" my PC case over time. But it got me thinking, I wonder what this label would look like as a keycap set.

An idea of the initial inspiration (colors aren't perfect in this lighting, missing the black in the Fu-Ki label):

« Last Edit: Sun, 02 April 2017, 12:01:37 by TheNamesTy45 »

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
Re: [IC] GMK Wine
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 21:59:21 »
The legend color seems off to me. Interesting concept though.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 22:01:40 »
Plum wine is the ****.

What about running it in DCS?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 22:02:06 »
even though the alphas and mods are reversed, it seems too similar to the more refined gmk black lotus to me.
keyboards.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 23:31:46 »
Plum wine is the ****.

It's bound to work eventually.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 23:59:15 »
Please someone do a "military" themed set that has this Olive drab, brown, black, and grey. Or just Olive drab and grey.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 00:10:47 »
Please someone do a "military" themed set that has this Olive drab, brown, black, and grey. Or just Olive drab and grey.

Thinking something along the lines of this?

« Last Edit: Wed, 22 March 2017, 00:12:47 by TheNamesTy45 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 00:12:59 »
Plum wine is the ****.

It's bound to work eventually.

ONE DAY
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 11:00:15 »

Show Image

Duuuude. I would like the Grey for the mods but yes. I REALLY dig that.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 11:20:38 »

Show Image

I'll mess around with that some more tonight. May put it in a separate interest check.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 14:04:09 »
I like it!!

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 16:48:41 »
I like it!!

Haha, I created confusion. Like the GMK Wine or the new military themed one further down?

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 18:46:10 »

Show Image

I'll mess around with that some more tonight. May put it in a separate interest check.

Honestly, looks like you've got White Wine and Red Wine themes going now.  Throw in some grape / bottle novelty keys and you've got quite a pair of keysets there.

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 06:57:01 »
looks good in GMK

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 17:08:32 »

Show Image

Honestly, looks like you've got White Wine and Red Wine themes going now.  Throw in some grape / bottle novelty keys and you've got quite a pair of keysets there.

Hmmm, this is a good idea, one that I will explore. I'll start messing around with the colors a little bit to see if I can get these as basically companion sets "white wine" and "red wine". Maybe chardonnay as the white set and Merlot as the red? Will also carve out some time to mock up some wine related novelties.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 17:41:36 »
In the meantime, I've added two rough renders to the original post.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 00:45:20 »

Show Image

Hmmm, this is a good idea, one that I will explore. I'll start messing around with the colors a little bit to see if I can get these as basically companion sets "white wine" and "red wine". Maybe chardonnay as the white set and Merlot as the red? Will also carve out some time to mock up some wine related novelties.

So, off the top of my head for novelties other than the ones listed, you could probably add a wine bottle with bubbles for sparkling / Champagne.  Otherwise, things like corkscrews and wine glasses would also be considerations.  There's also decanters but they've got a pretty wide range of those these days. 

As to what grapes for white/red, knock yourself out.  There's lots of options.  Chardonnay is probably a very well known white.  Merlot, Cab Sauv, and Pinot Noir get a lot of notice for reds in the US and are pretty strong recognition around the world so you're fine there.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 07:45:57 »

Show Image

So, off the top of my head for novelties other than the ones listed, you could probably add a wine bottle with bubbles for sparkling / Champagne.  Otherwise, things like corkscrews and wine glasses would also be considerations.  There's also decanters but they've got a pretty wide range of those these days. 

As to what grapes for white/red, knock yourself out.  There's lots of options.  Chardonnay is probably a very well known white.  Merlot, Cab Sauv, and Pinot Noir get a lot of notice for reds in the US and are pretty strong recognition around the world so you're fine there.

I'm inspired, and I  think I know what I'm going to do for this. Got a day out in Raleigh and Durham with the girlfriend, but when I get back I'm going to build my new GH60 Satan that came in yesterday, then I'll mess around with the white wine set (got an idea for different colors). Think I'll be creating some novelties based around a wine bottle, decanter, and a grape cluster. The novelties will take a little longer to design as I don't have any artistic software to mess around with, and I'm not the greatest artist, but I'll try to get the ideas out.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 16:22:54 »
For vector graphics, I've seen at least a few people using Inkscape.  You'll need to eventually pull up the SP requirements on novelties to make sure they meet the requirements for size minimums.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 18:11:21 »
Beautiful, I love it! Wish w/ the best w/ your interest check!

Offline mniels

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 18:13:57 »
I would like to see the alphas as a dark red.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 20:42:08 »
Hey there, just wanted to give a quick update here. I've mocked up some ideas for novelties. Please excuse my hand drawing, but I just wanted to get the concepts out there. Yes, they'll be refined over time as this thing progresses.

The proposed novelties are:

- A Grape Cluster
- A wine bottle
- A decanter (this was inspired by a decanter used by Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones
- A corkscrew
- Two Wine corks to represent the red wine and white wine sibling kits
- and of course a glass of wine.

Also, I'm working on reworking the design of the white wine kit while refining the red wine set. Hoping to have at least white wine updated idea out tonight.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 March 2017, 21:35:34 by TheNamesTy45 »

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 20:54:45 »
Also, adding a mock up of what I'm thinking for a white wine theme based off of Chardonnay. Alphas are meant to symbolize the wine that fills the glass, while the greys are the glass that the wine is sitting in. Splashes of green are added to represent the Chardonnay grape and the green vineyards they come from. Let me know your thoughts on this for the white wine set so that I can continue to adjust to meet tastes.

Red Wine (Merlot) has just received an update to the idea. The purple has been deepened to reflect the deep purple color of Merlot grapes. Additionally, legends have been changed to a deep red to symbolize the Merlot wine. I have Merlot wine inspired alternative colors. I'm extremely excited about these new colors for the Red Wine set. Please let me know your thoughts here.

« Last Edit: Sun, 26 March 2017, 22:19:31 by TheNamesTy45 »

Offline My_Thoughts

Re: [IC] GMK Wine - Updated
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 04:03:03 »
I really liked the white on purple keys... no really a fan of the darker text on this set

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 17:14:54 »
I really liked the white on purple keys... no really a fan of the darker text on this set

Noting this and considering revising back to white legends on alphas. Would love to get some more input on this.

Offline m3ll3n

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 18:49:16 »
I like this colorway a lot  :thumb:

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 19:11:40 »
I like this colorway a lot  :thumb:

Showing love for Wine and Royal! Thanks! I need to use you as my hype-person. ;)

On a serious note, I'm hoping to at least get one of these sets produced. Out of curiosity, which wine set did you prefer? White or Red?

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 22:46:38 »
I must say, I'm agreeing with the white legends on the red wine set.  The red legends don't appear to stand out as much with the purple as dark as it is.  SP has a lighter purple but not sure that would be the best option either.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 23:21:21 »
I'll swap in white legends for the red wine set on the alphas shortly and post it here. Just gotta finish a piece of code I'm working on for work.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 23:49:45 »
Added two different options here with white legends.

Version 1 I changed the legends only on the purple caps to white:

Version 2: I changed the legends on all caps that weren't the black keycaps to white:

Let me know which one you prefer.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 19:16:47 »
Updated red wine set. Renders to come soon if there's the desire for it.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 12:01:59 »
Added a few quick renders of the red wine set to the original post.