Author Topic: StarCraft Remastered  (Read 10722 times)

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
StarCraft Remastered
« on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 00:29:44 »
Anyone else hyped for the release in the summer?
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: StarCraft Remastered
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 00:34:36 »
I just got into Starcraft 2 recently. I may have to check this out.

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 01:53:46 »
Never played the original, only SC2 so this will be a fun way to do it with upgraded graphics. I guarantee I will get **** on though as I've heard SC2 and SC1/BW were very different lol.

Also found out recently that my cousin plays BW so I'll have to get him to play this with me.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 02:02:01 »
As long as there's paintball.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 03:18:36 »
A little hyped.
Not totally hyped, but I'll probably still get it, and play it, poorly.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 09:36:04 »
Hey Blizzard: How bout instead of rehashing old content you just make some new games? They are doing the same dumb **** with Diablo.

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 13:50:22 »
Hey Blizzard: How bout instead of rehashing old content you just make some new games? They are doing the same dumb **** with Diablo.

I mean, Overwatch is still relatively new and I'm pretty sure fans have been asking for an HD remaster of a Brood War for a while
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:29:05 »
It's still mad popular and the graphics are pretty horrid so sounds like a good idea.

If I won the lottery I'd buy the Total Annihilation rights and do a remaster.

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:38:22 »

im so sorry

<- bought sc2 at launch @ midnight and ended up selling my acct a few months in after being like "this is dumb"

Well but then i played more sc1 so maybe sc remastered is what i have been waiting for. Still, not worth freaking over yet lol.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:41:19 »

I would play the **** out of a D2 remaster.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 15:14:37 »

Only a very small percentage of fans make it through the remasters.. because they're usually just not as fun as (Adults) playing the game.

I almost didn't make it through the homeworld remaster.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 15:16:10 »

Only a very small percentage of fans make it through the remasters.. because they're usually just not as fun as (Adults) playing the game.

I almost didn't make it through the homeworld remaster.

Nah dude. I played D2 on a private server (slashdiablo) while i was in college a couple years ago. lost a good chunk of my life to it lol. but i guess you're right since I'm working now I wouldn't have as much time..

but still. was still really fun.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 15:19:56 »

Nah dude. I played D2 on a private server (slashdiablo) while i was in college a couple years ago. lost a good chunk of my life to it lol. but i guess you're right since I'm working now I wouldn't have as much time..

The problem with getting adults to play video games is that..  their options are usually   Secs vs video games..

You may be able to get adults to Buy a game, (nostalgia, shopping addiction - sales)  but to get them to actually actively play it,  that is the current challenge..

I think what needs to happen is more cash prizes..  and online pseudo gambling rings..

That integration will be crucial to capture the adult market..

Adults understand that being good in a game is a straightforward trade off in free-time..

So, the producer needs to make it worth their while, or at least steer them towards believing so.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 15:43:27 »
//Not that tp4 is promoting gambling.. hahahahaha... fire emblem heroes.. fffffffffffffffffffffffff... need more orbbbbbs....

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 16:09:10 »
This is good news, sort of.

From what I understand, they're releasing OG SC as freeware (correct me if I'm wrong), which is helpful to those of us, that mess with BWAPI (programming bots and stuff). SC2 is getting an official API, but it'll take a while. An open-source engine would have been even nicer, but we can't always have the nice things…

As for the remake itself, well, there was a pretty good unofficial mod for SC2 IIRC, which might make it a bit redundant, but any resurrection to RTS as a genre is neat. I'll shamelessly admit, that I'd rather see kids playing some RTS than yet another CoD.

Offline m3ll3n

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 17:32:47 »
starcraft remastered? sounds very cool actually, played a lot as a kid  :thumb:

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 17:36:09 »

The problem with getting adults to play video games is that..  their options are usually   Secs vs video games..

You may be able to get adults to Buy a game, (nostalgia, shopping addiction - sales)  but to get them to actually actively play it,  that is the current challenge..

I think what needs to happen is more cash prizes..  and online pseudo gambling rings..

Adults understand that being good in a game is a straightforward trade off in free-time..

So, the producer needs to make it worth their while, or at least steer them towards believing so.

LOLLLLLL

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 20:01:59 »

what in the name of **** are you rambling about, son? if anything video games often lead to sex, it's like netflix and chill but with video games.

i'm convinced you don't personally know any women, tp

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 20:19:56 »

what in the name of **** are you rambling about, son? if anything video games often lead to sex, it's like netflix and chill but with video games.

/headscratch..

Did you recently develop reading problems ? hahahaha

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 16:26:47 »

Negative Nancy over here..cheer up Noisy!

Offline KnightDX

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 21:23:39 »
I am very much looking forward to the remaster!

Offline dante

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 18:28:19 »
My story is by time I got ready to start playing SC1 then SC2 came out.  And then I was told that I should forget it because it's too late - everyone will slaughter me.

I'm interested in this but may need a live tutor to show me the ropes.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 19:29:22 »
My story is by time I got ready to start playing SC1 then SC2 came out.  And then I was told that I should forget it because it's too late - everyone will slaughter me.

I'm interested in this but may need a live tutor to show me the ropes.

The key is to make sure your tutor is korean.. and sitting behind you with a bamboo stick..   if you do something wrong, he will hit you until you do it right..

This is how all the great korean piano performers and starcraft players are trained.

/Secrets revealed.. ~!!

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 04:39:19 »
I'm not really hype about the remaster, I will buy it though. hoping for moar Starcraft, III if any chance :p

yes, yes, yes!
I will totally dump D3 to play D2 remaster

Offline dantan

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 11:27:53 »

OK... that sounds a bit... delayed.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 16:33:03 »
i think sc was the better balance for human players,  people could actually react to what happens in the game..

sc2 is more memorization bound, and reactively impossible for new players.

Offline OkinaDaikon

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 16:19:23 »
Correct me if i'm wrong, didn't many of the pro korean plays go back to brood war from SC2?

I feel like with the release of the remaster, there may be opportunity to bring back brood war back into the competitive e-sport scene.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 16:25:24 »
Correct me if i'm wrong, didn't many of the pro korean plays go back to brood war from SC2?

I feel like with the release of the remaster, there may be opportunity to bring back brood war back into the competitive e-sport scene.

It's not coming back not for the lack of Koreans..

hahahah.

Starcraft in general , be it broodwars or Sc2  are both TOO HARD for most casuals to get into ..

Dota and League and CSGO  are infinitely more accessible..

Think about professional sports in general, like football.. Yes it's very hard to be a PRO,   but in general, if you just want to play..  Grab the ball, run in a straight line..

Anyone can do that..

But if you wanted to get even slightly not-suck at starcraft,  we're talking at least 200-300 hours of training..

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 16:26:18 »

Not sure about SC2 pros moving to Brood War but it does seem like old Brood War pros are coming back like Stork
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline OkinaDaikon

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 16:36:58 »
But if you wanted to get even slightly not-suck at starcraft,  we're talking at least 200-300 hours of training..

I totally agree with this, I've tried to get 'better' but I always get wrecked. Without putting in the time it's tough to really get anywhere  :-X

Offline dantan

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 00:39:03 »

I totally agree with this, I've tried to get 'better' but I always get wrecked. Without putting in the time it's tough to really get anywhere  :-X

Even after putting in the time, if you don't play for a long time you lose your edge.

i've finished nearly all Starcraft 2 missions on Brutal, then I didn't play for a long time. I didn't play other games as well, so lost my edge totally.

Yesterday night, in order to do a review of a gaming board I went back - and had to downgrade to Casual.

Offline OkinaDaikon

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 00:45:18 »

Even after putting in the time, if you don't play for a long time you lose your edge.

i've finished nearly all Starcraft 2 missions on Brutal, then I didn't play for a long time. I didn't play other games as well, so lost my edge totally.

Yesterday night, in order to do a review of a gaming board I went back - and had to downgrade to Casual.

Not only that but strats/meta and game balancing changes all the time. Leave for too long, you need more time to adjust to all the changes.

Offline dantan

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 04:27:26 »
Not only that but strats/meta and game balancing changes all the time. Leave for too long, you need more time to adjust to all the changes.

I think there's not so much change in the single player. But omg, it was terrible. I had lost all muscle memory, especially since it has been a long time since my last human campaign.
(Epilogue of Legacy of the Void, Essence of Eternity Mission is a Human mission, so it is a few years since I last played as Human)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 06:11:25 »

If you watch the training camp videos.

The pros spend hours even days,  mastering something very niche like muta balling in sc2..

Now start multiplying the training necessary by the number of possible builds and responses in the meta.. 

That's why Pros exist, because that's ALL THEY DO..

Offline Altis

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 13:09:34 »
I'm looking forward to it, but then I still play Brood Wars sometimes.

I play Age of Empires II far more, though, since the community is growing and balance patches + expansions are still being released to present day.

Between Starcraft and AoE2, the latter has a far greater variety of units, resources, upgrades, and especially map types, that make it a lot more replayable and interesting to watch on Twitch.

I did always prefer SC:BW to the Starcraft 2 series because I prefer 2D graphics in strategy games, and the SC2 series kind of confuses me.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)