Author Topic: Sippin' ma cognac: what are you doing?  (Read 6377 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Sippin' ma cognac: what are you doing?
« on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:03:29 »
Please do tell me.

I will respond.

I am a psychologist. I am interested in your endeavors.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Re: Sippin' ma cognac: what are you doing?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:04:38 »
Heading off to the gym soon.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:09:05 »

Nice, what's your aim? weights or cardio?

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:10:56 »

Probably 20 minutes or so on the stairmaster and then some squatting. Definitely more a weights kind of guy over cardio.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:38:20 »

Probably 20 minutes or so on the stairmaster and then some squatting. Definitely more a weights kind of guy over cardio.

Niiceee. I used to do natural body building when I was like 18-20. But then somebody asked me "what is your goal? to grow and gain muscles indefinitely?" Then I quit.

Also, it became an obsession for me... I hit the gym back then twice a day 5 days a week, 2 rest days. Men.. I was RIPPPEEED. But also didn't do anything besides.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:46:00 »
Sippin ma whisky. The proper kind.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:49:13 »

Love whisky/ey, but can't. gluten allergy. FML

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:53:39 »

Feck, that sucks donkey balls!

I'm fairly religiously a Scotch lover though. Irish whisky is filtered to **** so it tastes like hot water and bourbon tastes like candy floss flavoured dust.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:55:43 »

Feck, that sucks donkey balls!

I'm fairly religiously a Scotch lover though. Irish whisky is filtered to **** so it tastes like hot water and bourbon tastes like candy floss flavoured dust.

My favorite was Auchentoshan, you should try it if you haven't already. It's the best ever and I had many.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 17:14:18 »

Niiceee. I used to do natural body building when I was like 18-20. But then somebody asked me "what is your goal? to grow and gain muscles indefinitely?" Then I quit.

Also, it became an obsession for me... I hit the gym back then twice a day 5 days a week, 2 rest days. Men.. I was RIPPPEEED. But also didn't do anything besides.

I get what you're saying about obsession man. I would spend 14+ hours a week some weeks. Hard you find time for other things though

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 17:30:54 »

I get what you're saying about obsession man. I would spend 14+ hours a week some weeks. Hard you find time for other things though

I also did krav maga in that time. Was a nice combination with body building. Although I did not use steroids, I felt roid rages after krav maga training. I wish I could do it again... but I chose career progression over body building.

I'm now into bike racing, for which you need to be light. So back then I was like 92 kg. Now I'm around 70-71. Body aft 5% I guess. But perfect for cycling.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 17:32:46 »
reading a book and ****posting on discord while listening to vulfpeck

nice evening
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 17:34:44 »
reading a book and ****posting on discord while listening to vulfpeck

nice evening

Listened some vulfpeck songs. Nice music!

****posting FTW. Topre is love. ****posting is my secret lover.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 17:41:04 »

I also did krav maga in that time. Was a nice combination with body building. Although I did not use steroids, I felt roid rages after krav maga training. I wish I could do it again... but I chose career progression over body building.

I'm now into bike racing, for which you need to be light. So back then I was like 92 kg. Now I'm around 70-71. Body aft 5% I guess. But perfect for cycling.

Oh nice and to be honest if you're really that low body fat you're killing yourself. 5% body fat is only sustainable for like a week or two before you start seeing major health issues.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 17:48:55 »
Trying to figure out how to cool down my garage without cutting a hole in the garage door for a portable AC unit.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 17:52:17 »

Oh nice and to be honest if you're really that low body fat you're killing yourself. 5% body fat is only sustainable for like a week or two before you start seeing major health issues.

I guess then my body fat must be higher, coz I really feel fine. I'm 187cm so 70-71kg is not that weird IMHO.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 17:52:35 »
Trying to figure out how to cool down my garage without cutting a hole in the garage door for a portable AC unit.

Why... is it so warm in there?

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 17:54:57 »

Why... is it so warm in there?

It gets hot where I live, and it's only going to get worse. So I'm juggling between the idea of making my garage useable and comfortable as a workshop, or renting out a small A/C cooled warehouse to do my work.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 18:21:29 »

I guess then my body fat must be higher, coz I really feel fine. I'm 187cm so 70-71kg is not that weird IMHO.

I mean I don't doubt you're low body fat but I'd say you're probably closer to 10% which is still very low.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 18:21:38 »
Working. And by working I mean playing ROMS in my office.

I don't believe in your psych credentials either. Prove me wrong.

Offline iri

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 18:37:26 »
I'm 185/82 and not even fat, but 187/70... WTF
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 18:38:42 »
On topic: back from the gym, ate 1/3 a can of condensed milk, reading a book.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 19:44:52 »
got my office door closed and playing farmville at work... i joke i joke, id have to ask the boss for permission to fire myself if was doing that.

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 23:33:12 »
I was 185/70 in my serious racing days. You could count almost all of my ribs. I was sick a lot of the time. I still couldn't climb worth **** because 70kg is *still* just too much to haul up a mountain.  Now I'm 86kg, never get sick, and feel like a fatty... but it's mostly due to injury downtime. Well, and getting old.

Oh, and it's Blair Athol 1988, sherry butt, for me right now.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 00:28:29 »
wow starcraft free now.. gonna install tomorrow.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 03:26:24 »
Downloading Black Desert right now to try out. My friends have been raving about the game so I had to try the 7 day free trial they've got going on.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 03:32:10 »
Working. And by working I mean playing ROMS in my office.

I don't believe in your psych credentials either. Prove me wrong.

What kinda roms?

http://www.rug.nl/staff/l.m.laurijssen/

I do research on (1) psychopathy in organizations (my master's work) and (2) financial incentives, motivation, and physician behavior (healthcare grant; PhD topic)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 03:33:29 »
I'm 185/82 and not even fat, but 187/70... WTF

Yeah I went a bit over the edge with cycling. I can get very ambitious from time to time. So last three months I sat 4-5 days a week on the tacx (race bike in an apparatus so that you can cycle at home as well). That, and/or 3 times outside (60km approx per training) per week.

But last two weeks I did nothing coz I hadn't had time..

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 03:34:05 »

Man... condensed milk is horrible to eat! Do you like it? It's soooo artificially sweeeet

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 03:35:03 »
got my office door closed and playing farmville at work... i joke i joke, id have to ask the boss for permission to fire myself if was doing that.

hahaha luckily we can do what we want at the office. as researchers who only have to publish enough papers in a set period of time, not working at the office only screws up your only career in the end by not getting tenure or extension

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 03:36:32 »
I was 185/70 in my serious racing days. You could count almost all of my ribs. I was sick a lot of the time. I still couldn't climb worth **** because 70kg is *still* just too much to haul up a mountain.  Now I'm 86kg, never get sick, and feel like a fatty... but it's mostly due to injury downtime. Well, and getting old.

Oh, and it's Blair Athol 1988, sherry butt, for me right now.

Yeah...I should probably put a little on. I used to "jojo" summer train and around 74 kg winter fat and around 85 kg. So I decided to try to keep it lean and I've managed to do so for 3 years now.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 03:37:33 »
wow starcraft free now.. gonna install tomorrow.

I played it furiously in my childhood... and the game is 20 years old it said..

so go figure I'M BECOMING OLD for real now.

I thought like "oh yeaaah starcraft I played that a couple of years ago with a friend of mine..." couple = 20 wtf

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 03:38:03 »
Downloading Black Desert right now to try out. My friends have been raving about the game so I had to try the 7 day free trial they've got going on.

never heard about it. Is it fun?

Offline iri

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 05:58:30 »

Man... condensed milk is horrible to eat! Do you like it? It's soooo artificially sweeeet

Russian one isn't  :p

-Ray Bradbury

Offline drakche

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 06:09:14 »
Sipping Turkish coffee and working currently.

While listening to this

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 10:00:17 »

never heard about it. Is it fun?
The combat in it is supposed to be pretty good, that's why I'm trying it out at least.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 16:11:22 »
ANYBODY SIPPIN? I'm w**sted of my *ss. You know, your regular don't-update-the-server-now Saturday.

Offline iri

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 18:34:19 »
ANYBODY SIPPIN? I'm w**sted of my *ss. You know, your regular don't-update-the-server-now Saturday.
Don't you have better things to do when you are drunk? :p

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 08:48:45 »
Don't you have better things to do when you are drunk? :p

Like what? osu? BF4? 10fastfingers? AimBooster?

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 10:46:54 »
I can't believe he censored "wasted" and "ass" :p .

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 11:00:03 »

I didn't sensor. Turns out that when you quite censored text, the censored text appears and no the original text.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 14:14:37 »

I didn't sensor. Turns out that when you quite censored text, the censored text appears and no the original text.
???

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 14:50:03 »
I'm sober again. Life is boring sober. I can see clearly now. NOOOO

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 16:17:43 »
Last time I was sober, man I felt bad. Was the worst hangover that I ever had.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 16:37:38 »

Yeah... I don't drink that much anymore nowadays, only in weekends. So I'm pretty much living in one big hangover nowadays.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 16:45:12 »

Yeah... I don't drink that much anymore nowadays, only in weekends. So I'm pretty much living in one big hangover nowadays.
It took six hamburgers, and Scotch all night. Nicotine for breakfast just to put me right.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 03:02:39 »

It took six hamburgers, and Scotch all night. Nicotine for breakfast just to put me right.
That reminds me, I should go get some cheeseburgers when I'm off work. Because I deserve it, damn it!

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 03:34:57 »
Nobody here knows the Dire Straits? xD

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 03:50:23 »
Nobody here knows the Dire Straits? xD
I don't remember this specific part. And my parents made me listen to a lot of Dire Straits. My memory sucks.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 04:30:53 »
Could you imagine actually diluting cognac back to red wine.. that'd be so cool..