Author Topic: walnut wrist rest  (Read 3046 times)

Offline GhostDog

• May I touch?
    • My Blog
walnut wrist rest
« on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 13:17:21 »
Hi all,
I found a piece of Walnut in my backyard from an old project. I think it's kinda cool, I'm going to re-stain it to make it that darker color again after I sand it properly.
Posting this just to get some thoughts on it, what would you do with this piece?
I'll probably finish it today.

Walnut wrist rest

« Last Edit: Sat, 13 May 2017, 13:19:41 by GhostDog »
Trying to keep good posture, breathe through my nose, and attempting to drink more water. All while trying to find home...row.

Offline PleaseBeMyFriend

• formerly honsoo
  • reddit /u/PleaseBeMyFriend
Re: walnut wrist rest
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 18:03:28 »
Hi all,
I found a piece of Walnut in my backyard from an old project. I think it's kinda cool, I'm going to re-stain it to make it that darker color again after I sand it properly.
Posting this just to get some thoughts on it, what would you do with this piece?
I'll probably finish it today.

Show Image
Walnut wrist rest
Show Image

Show Image

I'm confused, is the first pic a before picture or is it a different wrist rest? I really enjoy the color of it, it looks really good with your board.

Offline GhostDog

• May I touch?
    • My Blog
Re: walnut wrist rest
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 23:52:32 »
Yes, the darker color was the initial color of the stain, but I had to sand it because it was too rough being from outside and all.
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 May 2017, 11:59:28 by GhostDog »
Trying to keep good posture, breathe through my nose, and attempting to drink more water. All while trying to find home...row.