Author Topic: WTH.. hahahahaha  (Read 3906 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
WTH.. hahahahaha
« on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 20:17:12 »
May 1st Update: Spoiler Alert

Well so, The map sparkle really done in the King of Starcraft this season. The small ramps into the main base is just too difficult to work with for Terran players.

Flash carried the fate of the Terran empire on his shoulders alone, and fell. 

or

Is Snow the Skinny-Flash

194791-0

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: WTH.. hahahahaha
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 21:08:14 »
is this thread racist?

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 21:47:18 »
is this thread racist?

.... i dont know.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 02:16:26 »
is this thread racist?
Being as all parties involved are of Asian origin and that's not even mentioned - no.  Your question could be read as suggesting you think all Chinese (guessed from the writing) people look the same though, which would be :p

In the UK, one of the craziest places for political correctness, weight is not a 'protected characteristic' so joking about it is officially totally inoffensive.  Can't say I agree...

Anyway I think it's a damn good question as these two guys look uncannily similar and could be used on a before and after poster advertising a diet.  Logically SnOw came first, unless FlaSh is an alien who ages backwards?!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 03:07:30 »
is this thread racist?
Being as all parties involved are of Asian origin and that's not even mentioned - no.  Your question could be read as suggesting you think all Chinese (guessed from the writing) people look the same though, which would be :p

In the UK, one of the craziest places for political correctness, weight is not a 'protected characteristic' so joking about it is officially totally inoffensive.  Can't say I agree...

Anyway I think it's a damn good question as these two guys look uncannily similar and could be used on a before and after poster advertising a diet.  Logically SnOw came first, unless FlaSh is an alien who ages backwards?!

So... If I am Australian meaning that I am essentially a British outcast, does this mean I can slag off the British?

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 03:11:24 »
Correct me if I'm wrong tp, but this is Starcraft right?
Ho ho ho, so many people plays this back home lol

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 03:30:00 »
So... If I am Australian meaning that I am essentially a British outcast, does this mean I can slag off the British?
Not sure what you're getting at here but 'slagging off' an entire 'race' is legally unacceptable as well as logically stupid as there are British people of all ethnic origins.

If you as an assumed (as you said British outcast) white person want to comment on the physical characteristics of two fellow white people 'race' will be taken into account for discriminatory purposes in the same way as when black rappers use a word I would be universally condemned for using, so much so I'm scared to use it even in this context.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 04:01:53 »
Not sure what you're getting at here but 'slagging off' an entire 'race' is legally unacceptable as well as logically stupid as there are British people of all ethnic origins.

If you as an assumed (as you said British outcast) white person want to comment on the physical characteristics of two fellow white people 'race' will be taken into account for discriminatory purposes in the same way as when black rappers use a word I would be universally condemned for using, so much so I'm scared to use it even in this context.

Ah bad teeth and pale skin on her majesties subjects is a'ok to joke about, so long as that person is white?

What if I work with a group of indigenous people and they call me white chocolate, should I be offended?

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 04:26:27 »
is this thread racist?

You don't already? :p I thought it was a national duty to rip on Poms :p .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 04:41:14 »
Ah bad teeth and pale skin on her majesties subjects is a'ok to joke about, so long as that person is white?

What if I work with a group of indigenous people and they call me white chocolate, should I be offended?
This is where it gets stupid.  To me if two people have bad teeth, one British one Jamaican, either tp4 (our Asian representative) should be able to laugh at both as individuals or at neither because it's offensive.  As teeth aren't protected instead this is decided by a (by my definition racist) lawmaker who has heard and bought into the stereotype that Brits have bad teeth so it becomes a slur against a nationality, meaning tp4 can laugh at the Jamaican but not the Brit!  I guess though I'm not sure that as a fellow white person you get a pass as do rappers and can laugh at both...

Legally the Indigenous people can't call anyone (white or black) chocolate though, because that's based on colour which is protected.  This kinda makes sense because on the surface it's aimed at a whole skin colour, but is it?  To me it's situational - if said indigenous people are your friends as coworkers often are and you're the only white guy getting sunburn so they laugh at it that would be fine to me.  If there's an indigenous group and a white group who avoid each other it could be offensive...

Should you be offended?  This is the biggest problem - you feel you need to ask.  Either you are or you aren't and, to me, you should be free to chose rather than it being assumed everyone is hypersensitive and needs protecting.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 04:54:29 »

This is where it gets stupid.  To me if two people have bad teeth, one British one Jamaican, either tp4 (our Asian representative) should be able to laugh at both as individuals or at neither because it's offensive.  As teeth aren't protected instead this is decided by a (by my definition racist) lawmaker who has heard and bought into the stereotype that Brits have bad teeth so it becomes a slur against a nationality, meaning tp4 can laugh at the Jamaican but not the Brit!  I guess though I'm not sure that as a fellow white person you get a pass as do rappers and can laugh at both...

Legally the Indigenous people can't call anyone (white or black) chocolate though, because that's based on colour which is protected.  This kinda makes sense because on the surface it's aimed at a whole skin colour, but is it?  To me it's situational - if said indigenous people are your friends as coworkers often are and you're the only white guy getting sunburn so they laugh at it that would be fine to me.  If there's an indigenous group and a white group who avoid each other it could be offensive...

Should you be offended?  This is the biggest problem - you feel you need to ask.  Either you are or you aren't and, to me, you should be free to chose rather than it being assumed everyone is hypersensitive and needs protecting.

Ah very enlightening, thank you for taking the time to respond to my queries. I feel like the world is a vocabulary minefield.

As for the white chocolate thing, well they could call me pretty much anything and I would not bat an eyelid tbh. I don't really find many things insulting.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 05:01:18 »
is this thread racist?

You don't already? :p I thought it was a national duty to rip on Poms :p .

Haha that and New Zealanders, but most of the NZ people here are the kind that would probably rip my head off and use me as a joystick.

Although I may have exaggerated my outcast status ... My grandfather is grade A, 100%, pure European, Englishmen. Although I believe I am far enough down the bloodline to not be entitled to any passport/visa/protection of the East India Company privileges.

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 05:07:01 »
Haha that and New Zealanders, but most of the NZ people here are the kind that would probably rip my head off and use me as a joystick.

hahahahah

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 05:22:21 »
Ah very enlightening, thank you for taking the time to respond to my queries. I feel like the world is a vocabulary minefield.

As for the white chocolate thing, well they could call me pretty much anything and I would not bat an eyelid tbh. I don't really find many things insulting.
Certainly is, it's rare I attempt to express any kind of controversial opinion as it usually gets misinterpretted but I think this came out OK.

As to the sensitivity from what I've seen very few people are sensitive and it's the overprotective middlemen (surprisingly played here by noisyturtle, who is usually free talking) who take offense on their behalf.  It's a strange world...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 07:15:01 »

Although I may have exaggerated my outcast status ... My grandfather is grade A, 100%, pure European, Englishmen. Although I believe I am far enough down the bloodline to not be entitled to any passport/visa/protection of the East India Company privileges.

Gotta be careful using this text in person , they did some real bad stuff,  Any subtext involving East India could easily be construed as Real Racism vs Joke Racism..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 07:23:09 »
Correct me if I'm wrong tp, but this is Starcraft right?
Ho ho ho, so many people plays this back home lol

Pretty much everyone's playing either LeagueOL, or Arena of Valor..

IMHO, Arena of Valor is a better game..

Starcraft has held on, but it's mostly older dudes.. kids don't do it much, it's too hard.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 07:25:32 »

Most Americans would have bad teeth too if braces weren't covered in insurance.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 07:35:23 »

Most Americans would have bad teeth too if braces weren't covered in insurance.

In Queensland our ambulance service is free, well its paid through an electricity bill tarrif or some **** (I don't actually know). Not really relevant but fun fact.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 07:38:57 »

Gotta be careful using this text in person , they did some real bad stuff,  Any subtext involving East India could easily be construed as Real Racism vs Joke Racism..

Is there a defined difference, I am pretty sure the only thing that separates the two would be if someone found it offensive or not. So realistically everything is real racism because there is always someone out there who will take offense.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 07:51:58 »

Is there a defined difference, I am pretty sure the only thing that separates the two would be if someone found it offensive or not. So realistically everything is real racism because there is always someone out there who will take offense.

It's tough to defend if we're expanding the frontier of comparison to _There may be 1_.

For example.. There may be 1 guy, who eats lots of fried chicken, and doesn't get cancer/heartdisease..  While 653,000 guys DO get it every year in america..

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 08:09:28 »

It's tough to defend if we're expanding the frontier of comparison to _There may be 1_.

For example.. There may be 1 guy, who eats lots of fried chicken, and doesn't get cancer/heartdisease..  While 653,000 guys DO get it every year in america..

I would like to submit a counter claim.... free ambulances.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 08:27:53 »

I would like to submit a counter claim.... free ambulances.

Hahaha.. Tp4 will not fight fanpeople..

Tp4 likes those ambulance scissors. !!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 08:34:33 »
This thread made me realize that I want to be identified as white chocolate. WTH

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 10:10:38 »
Update: Spoiler Alert

Well so, The map sparkle really done in the King of Starcraft this season. The small ramps into the main base is just too difficult to work with for Terran players.

Flash carried the fate of the Terran empire on his shoulders alone, and fell. 

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 03:21:53 »
Wondering wtf the video might be I clicked it.  177minutes?  Must be the whole game, who would want to watch that... Then noticed the timer top right - the first 14+ minutes seem to be the preview pic.  Why?! :))

Spoiler:
More
Let alone 'little ramps' causing huge problems - are there old school daleks in his game?
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 May 2018, 03:23:30 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 17:44:39 »

Certainly is, it's rare I attempt to express any kind of controversial opinion as it usually gets misinterpretted but I think this came out OK.

As to the sensitivity from what I've seen very few people are sensitive and it's the overprotective middlemen (surprisingly played here by noisyturtle, who is usually free talking) who take offense on their behalf.  It's a strange world...

I assumed NT was making a joke about the racist stereotype but I dunno.