Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2624612 times)

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #1200 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 13:11:39 »
What if topre stopped producing their own caps because they are working on an mx stem themselves?
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1201 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 13:12:04 »
What if topre stopped producing their own caps because they are working on an mx stem themselves?

What if they made the stems for cooler master :eek:

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1202 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 13:35:56 »

What if they made the stems for cooler master :eek:
Plot intesifies
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1203 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 13:43:09 »
That actually could make a lot of sense, lol damn guys get out of my head. Like seriously though it would make a lot of sense that they would stop producing their key  caps to then release a style of stem that can use cherry key caps(which are in higher supply)
Leopold FC660C- Realforce 87u 55g- QFR mx Blues

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #1204 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 13:47:33 »
That actually could make a lot of sense, lol damn guys get out of my head. Like seriously though it would make a lot of sense that they would stop producing their key  caps to then release a style of stem that can use cherry key caps(which are in higher supply)

Yeah it would. However, they're not stopping all key cap production, just the aftermarket key caps. It sounds like they're still going to make the regular production run key cap sets for their existing Topre boards (ie. RF, HHKB, etc...)

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1205 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 14:01:29 »

Yeah it would. However, they're not stopping all key cap production, just the aftermarket key caps. It sounds like they're still going to make the regular production run key cap sets for their existing Topre boards (ie. RF, HHKB, etc...)

Yeah that is what I have heard as well, like they will have replacement key cap sets for the HHKB pro 2 and the Realforce. So, thje dark grey with the black legend dye sub caps, the grey and white caps, etc.. I wonder if Leopold is ever going to release a keyboard with different weighting like RF has because I happen to love my Leo, but wish there were different versions of the keyboard available to buyers such as myself.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1206 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 14:20:23 »
Topre will soon be ruined.

So I was at first thinking this statement had something to do with the Novatouch, but it sounds like that actually has Topre switches?

So care to elude, cus' I'm still confused. :)

He probably means because people will be putting MX caps on them :P

Nope. Wait and see.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #1207 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 14:20:49 »
Less chat, more pics.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1208 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 14:41:08 »
Less chat, more pics.

Oh, I'll have incoming soon ;)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1209 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 15:21:05 »
I finally broke down and got one, and it stands against everything I love. It's huge, has a numpad, is Topre, and has wonky keycap profiles. It's freaking awesome  :eek:
51840-0

51842-1

51844-2

51846-3

51848-4

51850-5

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1210 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 15:51:25 »
I finally broke down and got one, and it stands against everything I love. It's huge, has a numpad, is Topre, and has wonky keycap profiles. It's freaking awesome  :eek:
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I saw this for sale on ebay a while back barely used in like brand new condition being sold for under 180 which I thought was a an exceptionally good deal, but did not have the money and or funds for this at the time. I just wanted to ask what weighting key switch does this one have, I mean I know it is high profile and what not, but is it the more typical RF with variable weighting? or uniform 45g? or lastly uniform 55g? Also, I understand you were against Topre but really love the keyboard, but if you do not like number pads why did you get this version of a Topre keyboard? I mean the 87u might of been more to your liking is all I mean by this I am not trying to sound like I am being critical. purely just wondering. Great board, oh and p.s. welcome to the dark side. lol

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1211 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 16:12:36 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I saw this for sale on ebay a while back barely used in like brand new condition being sold for under 180 which I thought was a an exceptionally good deal, but did not have the money and or funds for this at the time. I just wanted to ask what weighting key switch does this one have, I mean I know it is high profile and what not, but is it the more typical RF with variable weighting? or uniform 45g? or lastly uniform 55g? Also, I understand you were against Topre but really love the keyboard, but if you do not like number pads why did you get this version of a Topre keyboard? I mean the 87u might of been more to your liking is all I mean by this I am not trying to sound like I am being critical. purely just wondering. Great board, oh and p.s. welcome to the dark side. lol

The HP is a uniform 45g board. Originally I wanted to get the 45g 87U in white, but it was out of stock and probably won't be back in for a while if ever. So I decided to just get weird and go with the total opposite of any other board I own.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1212 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 19:59:18 »

:-*

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1213 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 20:20:38 »
Show Image

Dustin, your HHKB pics are just so awesome!  It looks so great with the BroBots!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1214 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 20:21:12 »
Show Image

It is beautiful, seriously beautiful

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1215 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 20:43:32 »
Show Image

Such nice contrast with the black!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1216 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 21:04:24 »
Now I just wait for my Brobots V2 for my HHKB and 23UB :cool:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1217 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 21:07:10 »
^HOly **** that 87UB has the honor of being saved in my keyboard misc folder, hot.
I love Elzy

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1218 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 21:09:25 »
^HOly **** that 87UB has the honor of being saved in my keyboard misc folder, hot.

Honored *bows*

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1219 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 21:24:48 »
Now I just wait for my Brobots V2 for my HHKB and 23UB :cool:

Show Image

Show Image

Oh boy, I would have to agree on this when I first saw the RF it was kind of like a wet dream, only better. This is what you were talking about when you said you had pictures on the way? lol, very nice sir Vesper

Offline osi

« Reply #1220 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 21:29:57 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

High profile - nice

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #1221 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 22:50:11 »
A lot of people like this photo, so here's a desktop version of it. Sorry no new content...

(click photo for full res shot)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1222 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 22:53:20 »
A lot of people like this photo, so here's a desktop version of it. Sorry no new content...
Show Image

Literally my favorite HHKB photo of all time, if not one of my favorite keyboard photos of all time.

All hail the HHKB Hero :D

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1223 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 22:54:20 »
the reason why i lust over HHKB.. o2dazone's pictures.

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #1224 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 22:57:09 »
Waiting for that check from PFU...........
haha

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1225 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 22:59:23 »
haha

Or that HHKB HG :P

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #1226 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 23:30:57 »
haha

Or that HHKB HG :P

Haha seriously

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #1227 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 23:34:00 »
You can see how I work my magic. Notice my "flash", 550 lumen bike lamp haha

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1228 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 23:35:46 »
your power comes from the beard.

I KNEW IT!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1229 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 23:36:03 »

Oooooo that is an awesome shot! Thank you! Gives me ideas. I prefer low light shots but I use my phone light and shine it through a white paper towel. I need to experiment. Pic saved!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1230 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 23:36:13 »
Show Image

It is very nice :)

Thanks for the big pic - I feel a wallpaper change coming on ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #1231 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 23:40:47 »

Oooooo that is an awesome shot! Thank you! Gives me ideas. I prefer low light shots but I use my phone light and shine it through a white paper towel. I need to experiment. Pic saved!

This is just my opinion and I'm by no means a photographer, but I get great success bouncing light off big flat walls instead of diffusing direct light. Something about using the whole wall as a bounce gives nicely even light. With that said, you need a lot more light to get a good bounce off a wall and back onto your subject.

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #1232 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 23:42:02 »
your power comes from the beard.

I KNEW IT!

Haha it's true. When the apocalypse happens and human civilization has been extinguished, my beard will be the only object left.

...And a bolt modded Model M. Dang those things are tough.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1233 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 23:45:56 »

This is just my opinion and I'm by no means a photographer, but I get great success bouncing light off big flat walls instead of diffusing direct light. Something about using the whole wall as a bounce gives nicely even light. With that said, you need a lot more light to get a good bounce off a wall and back onto your subject.

Thank you for the word of advice. You're probably right because pros use those umbrellas to reflect light. I guess I'll use my 150 lumen flashlight on a wall to test.

Thankies! :D

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #1234 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 23:47:08 »
Good luck! Also oblig "post pics"

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1235 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 01:10:36 »
Show Image

Dustin, your HHKB pics are just so awesome!  It looks so great with the BroBots!
'
Thank You very much! :)

Show Image

It is beautiful, seriously beautiful

Show Image

Such nice contrast with the black!

yeah forsure!!  :thumb:

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #1236 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 10:38:07 »
Dustin your pics are great. I love the faux leather seat as your backdrop. Simple and effective :)

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1237 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 10:56:07 »
Dustin your pics are great. I love the faux leather seat as your backdrop. Simple and effective :)
Is it "faux or real leather" only Dustin knows. But either way makes for a elegant shot.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1238 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 11:25:41 »

Awe thanks! Coming from you with your Pro Photos! :) I have tried using our lightbox and my desk and didnt like either really. The Black faux leather just pops colors out..
hehe

Is it "faux or real leather" only Dustin knows. But either way makes for a elegant shot.

Yeah faux.. ;x Thanks!  :cool:

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #1239 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 15:41:06 »
Show Image

This is the photo that pretty much made me buy a hhkb.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1240 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 15:57:54 »
Show Image

This is the photo that pretty much made me buy a hhkb.

That is definitely understandable that it would make me buy one if I already did not have a topre keyboard at this weighting, because of that I will be getting a Realforce with the 55g weighting. Wish I could find some nice modifications caps

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1241 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 15:58:36 »
Show Image

Show Image

That is a great photo!

This is the one that sold me on HHKB. :D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1242 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 16:19:48 »
Show Image

Show Image

That is a great photo!

i own that actual hhkb good sir
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1243 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 16:36:01 »
Show Image

Show Image

That is a great photo!

Oh really?! That's awesome! :-)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1244 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 16:36:43 »
Show Image

Show Image

That is a great photo!

yup, that one became my daily driver
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1245 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 16:37:22 »
Show Image

Show Image

That is a great photo!

yup, that one became my daily driver

Very nice! I'd like a Type S one day!

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #1246 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 16:47:52 »
Show Image

Show Image

That is a great photo!

Must just be the pink :P

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1247 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 16:51:35 »
Show Image

Show Image

That is a great photo!

Must just be the pink :P

Yeah! :P The Pink blanks (love the caps lock led dot on right shift spot, I did that w my orange set too), the white blanks, the Octopink cc (unless it's tmp), the tv wrapping paper under the keyboard for a great backdrop :), the bro caps font choice, and of course the great photo skills and quality!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1248 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 18:28:49 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
Oh wow.. I didn't know Topre has a high profile keyboard. What is this model called? And is this NIB or you gotta get used these days?

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1249 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 19:07:45 »
Show Image

Show Image

That is a great photo!

I can definitely see why this would make people want the HHKB pro 2, because it looks great with the white and pink theme. I have always like the keyboards with two toned themes like this. I was actually tempted to buy these key caps from Elitekeyboards because of the price in comparison to the other colored pbt Topre caps. I still might I just do not know how red and pink would look with the Leopold fc660c, but I think I may be able to make it work out. We will see, but I love this keyboard and like I said before if only it was in different weighting than my Leo I would end up saving for one. Alas, it is not so here I come Realforce 87u 55g beauty.