Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2624909 times)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #1450 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 10:58:54 »
55g HHKB's

mine is lubed and silenced (dental band mod).

me 2 :D

How you liking that 100 dollars saved over a type-s? :D

I like the black case even more than that :o

:thumb:

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #1451 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 10:59:17 »
55g HHKB HG edition is definitely an end game keyboard.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #1452 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 11:02:02 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 February 2014, 11:08:32 by atlas3686 »

Offline avtar

« Reply #1453 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 11:05:36 »
Also, ekw and I have had 55g HHKB's for quite some time already. Mine is lubed and silenced (dental band mod).

I've been contemplating whether I should go ahead with the dental band mod or this one http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49046.0 Were changes to the key travel noticeable and do you guys find that the dental bands rise up along the stems? So far the only silencing mod I've performed is place my HHKB on a folded towel which seems to have worked wonders.

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1454 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 12:07:58 »
I wanted to do a silence mod on my Topre keyboards without sacrificing key feel or a reduction of stroke. I talked it over with a friend of mine that is a machinist. His design cuts the silence washer in one shot. I have tried a 0.5mm silicone material and some Dycem™ that is 0.021 in. thick. The Dycem material seemed to be the most effective producing silencing without a change in key feel or travel. I did both my HHKB Pro 2 and Realforce 87ub 55g. I did not bother with showing the installation of the mod as its been well covered in other threads.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1455 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 12:12:49 »
I wanted to do a silence mod on my Topre keyboards without sacrificing key feel or a reduction of stroke. I talked it over with a friend of mine that is a machinist. His design cuts the silence washer in one shot. I have tried a 0.5mm silicone material and some Dycem™ that is 0.021 in. thick. The Dycem material seemed to be the most effective producing silencing without a change in key feel or travel. I did both my HHKB Pro 2 and Realforce 87ub 55g. I did not bother with showing the installation of the mod as its been well covered in other threads.

Offline avtar

« Reply #1456 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 12:37:11 »

Umm could you please point me in the direction in which I throw my money?

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #1457 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 13:15:32 »
Type-S > Dental Band. Unless you have some REALLY thin dental bands. The reduction in travel is just too much.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #1458 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 13:16:47 »
Type-S > Dental Band. Unless you have some REALLY thin dental bands. The reduction in travel is just too much.

That's a matter of personal preference. Doesn't affect my typing speed, and feels fine to me.

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #1459 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 13:18:25 »

This is incredible. Considering you have a machined process for this stuff, you should commission your friend (or his hardware) and make batches to sell. You'd make quite a bit of money, and make quite a bit of people happy.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #1460 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 13:31:41 »

This is incredible. Considering you have a machined process for this stuff, you should commission your friend (or his hardware) and make batches to sell. You'd make quite a bit of money, and make quite a bit of people happy.

I would be interested  :thumb:

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #1461 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 14:29:45 »

That's a matter of personal preference. Doesn't affect my typing speed, and feels fine to me.

Same here. I don't even feel a reduction in key travel. For MX with o-rings, the reduction of key travel is significant and is immediately noticed. The dental band mod, on the other hand, feels really good.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1462 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 20:37:25 »

55g HHKB's

55g HHKB's

How you liking that 100 dollars saved over a type-s? :D

I like the black case even more than that :eek:

Just throwing in my vote that your you have the best HHKB on the forum.

That's debatable...
But Dustin does have Purple Sliders And 55g domes. But I'm Not saying that  bro2dazone's HHKB is nothing less than amazing also.

Purple sliders are cool, but you aren't admiring them while typing :P

Also, ekw and I have had 55g HHKB's for quite some time already. Mine is lubed and silenced (dental band mod).

Yeah you guys and EKW inspired me to do the 55G swap! Best decision ever.  :thumb:
Also, I would've got the Type S if they had it in Dark Grey, I got the non S because of the color. :)

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #1463 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 20:46:47 »

Well of course. I rocked the dental bad mod at work and a type-s at homes and after a couple months of coming home to the type-s and being wowed every time I undid the dental band mod.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1464 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 21:08:52 »

Well of course. I rocked the dental bad mod at work and a type-s at homes and after a couple months of coming home to the type-s and being wowed every time I undid the dental band mod.

Ill admit, I like the key press travel better with my Silent Sliders then I did the dental band mod.

Offline redskull

« Reply #1465 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 02:32:31 »
so it seems quite a few of us here got the 55G RF to take out the domes only  for a HHKB mod. not to derail much here, but if any of you guys willing to part with the extra domes, please, pretty please.., sell them to me...  :-[

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1466 on: Sun, 23 February 2014, 05:40:27 »

Found this photo in my Camera Roll.. Taken some time ago..

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #1467 on: Sun, 23 February 2014, 22:45:52 »
I just admired all 49 pages of lovely pictures. All the HHKB's look so beautiful. I can hear my wallet start to whimper as I keep thinking about them.

The "thock" is memorizing to listen to.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1468 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 00:01:53 »

87U is 45G in Alphas, 55G other keys. Silent Sliders in Alphas, Dental Banded Sliders in other keys.

HHKB is 55G in all keys. Silent Sliders in all keys.

Offline avtar

« Reply #1469 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 00:07:05 »
Show Image

Show Image

87U is 45G in Alphas, 55G other keys. Silent Sliders in Alphas, Dental Banded Sliders in other keys.

I'm curious about how you all get these extra parts to swap sliders, switches, etc in your existing keyboards but I fear I already know the answer :/

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1470 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 00:07:49 »
Show Image

Show Image

I'm curious about how you all get these extra parts to swap sliders, switches, etc in your existing keyboards but I fear I already know the answer :/

Elite Keyboard Sales! XD

Offline avtar

« Reply #1471 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 00:11:50 »

Elite Keyboard Sales! XD

Answer and fears confirmed :p I'm still waiting on my white Realforce 87U to arrive. Substandard pics to follow.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1472 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 00:13:16 »

Elite Keyboard Sales! XD

Answer and fears confirmed :p I'm still waiting on my white Realforce 87U to arrive. Substandard pics to follow.

Good choice! I'm typing on my 87UW right now! :D

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1473 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 01:39:38 »
Dustin bought 3 87U. That man print money!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1474 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 01:42:31 »

Actually 2 87Us and a 104U. Have one of the 87Us up for trade right now though. I finally just paid them all off! Had to sell a bunch of other stuff.. :( It was worth it. These keyboards rock.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1475 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 02:50:42 »

Actually 2 87Us and a 104U. Have one of the 87Us up for trade right now though. I finally just paid them all off! Had to sell a bunch of other stuff.. :( It was worth it. These keyboards rock.
I know someone who might want to buy your 87U. You said it is for trade?

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #1476 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 03:30:54 »
Got my FC660C about a couple of weeks ago, I'd thought I'd posted a pic of it here, guess it was in another forum....pic here together with its Cherry sibling, FC660M Cherry Clear.
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 February 2014, 03:32:56 by PadawanGeek »

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #1477 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 16:38:10 »
My FC660C :) Now that I've given up on Cherry and sold a lot of my stuff, I think a Type-S might be on the way soon....
55512-055510-1
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 February 2014, 16:43:08 by reziak »

HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1478 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 17:06:22 »
My FC660C :) Now that I've given up on Cherry and sold a lot of my stuff, I think a Type-S might be on the way soon....
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

I love the black and orange! I have to get one of these to complete my Topre collection! :D

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #1479 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 17:09:33 »

I love the black and orange! I have to get one of these to complete my Topre collection! :D

I like that unlike on the HHKB, the windowed Caps Lock/Ctrl makes sense! I love this color combo too -- matches my watch  :cool: I haven't tried a RF yet (too into 60% boards), but I appreciate the difference in feel between this and the HHKB.

HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1480 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 13:50:46 »

DId this Leopold come with the blank key caps? Because I saw that they are now being sold with the blank key caps, which would of been nice if they were doing that when I bought lol, but it looks really nice with the orange caps. I am waiting the Realforce 87u 55g uniform weighted keyboard and I hope I love it as much as my Leopold fc660c... I really do.
Leopold FC660C- Realforce 87u 55g- QFR mx Blues

Offline Sniping

« Reply #1481 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 15:43:03 »
It looks like it came with the keyboard. Profile of the right shift is correct and so is the size of the mods.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1482 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 15:51:12 »
It looks like it came with the keyboard. Profile of the right shift is correct and so is the size of the mods.

lol, Omg you think since I type on this daily with the keys being spaced from belonging to a different keyboard(realforce) I would of noticed those differences. Then again you really do grow use to the spaces from having them from the very beginning. I wish they had this version of the keyboard available when I got the Leo, because then I could mix the black with the blank red caps I bought the week after receiving them. I am cannot wait because I still have the left over red caps from the 104 set I bought, and am planning on using them on the Realforce 55g that is hopefully coming with in the week

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1483 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 15:57:50 »
Yep the FC660C has a blank version.  :thumb: Beautiful!

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1484 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 16:09:49 »
Yep the FC660C has a blank version.  :thumb: Beautiful!

Yeah I noticed it when I was purchasing the Realforce yesterday, and I was browsing to see what was left of the key cap sets and what not...then SLAM ---SCROLLS UP " those Bas#*$ds finally release one , ehh?! of course I have already bought one!", anyways apart from my slight manic meltdown...it looks lovely and I cannot wait to compare my Leo to the RF. Any of you have a Realforce with the 55g? and what is your feedback comparing it to the 45g topre switch?

Offline avtar

« Reply #1485 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 16:15:06 »
Any of you have a Realforce with the 55g? and what is your feedback comparing it to the 45g topre switch?

Check out http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42825.msg1232923#msg1232923 I sold my FC660C to make way for a RF 55g. Hopefully it'll show up at some point once Canadian Customs are done poking and prodding it :/

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1486 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 16:19:44 »
Any of you have a Realforce with the 55g? and what is your feedback comparing it to the 45g topre switch?

Check out http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42825.msg1232923#msg1232923 I sold my FC660C to make way for a RF 55g. Hopefully it'll show up at some point once Canadian Customs are done poking and prodding it :/

Hah it is funny that you posted that because it is my friend Vespersaint who talked me into picking up the Leopold and once I told him I love it but wanted to try another topre keyboard he was also the on whom suggested trying out the Realforce 87u 55g...too funny that. Let me know if you get it before I do, and how you like it. I will do the same for you if the situation is reversed.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1487 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 16:52:10 »
Show Image

Show Image

You dirty dawg.

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #1488 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 17:46:25 »

Ah... so you decided to go with the 55g after all?  :thumb: I know you mentioned before you were a little torn between the 45g and the 55g.
ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline avtar

« Reply #1489 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 19:03:11 »
Ah... so you decided to go with the 55g after all?  :thumb: I know you mentioned before you were a little torn between the 45g and the 55g.

Yeah I decided that I didn't want to swap around any more keyboards unless it was absolutely necessary :P The 55g seems like a safer bet after hearing more people describe RF 45g weighting as being too squishy. Now if I could only get my hands on it; it slipped into the mini Bermuda Triangle that is Canadian Customs...

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1490 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 05:32:25 »
Mine cleared Malaysian Custom in matter of hours. Should arrive tomorrow or Friday :) :thumb:

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1491 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 09:29:24 »

Offline Rena

« Reply #1492 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 13:05:01 »
Very jealous of all the custom topre caps I'm seeing in this thread. Waiting on my single measly red ESC in an attempt to make my 87U prettier but until then it's just plain

More
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 February 2014, 13:10:19 by Rena »

Offline mljs54

• Team Topre
« Reply #1493 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 13:13:00 »
Show Image

I'm thinking of picking up one of those Tekmats.  I may get the 12x36.  How do you guys like them as mouse pads?
ReΛlforce 87UB EK

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1494 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 03:42:24 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #1495 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 08:09:11 »

I'm surprise this keyboard is light. Much lighter than CODE or KBT ONI.

This is a NIB from EK and upon closer inspection, the Caps Lock is scratched. Considering the price of this kb, the lack of QC is pretty disappointing. I mean, my Poker 2 PBT caps are scratch too but that's like Made in China and half the price vs Made in Japan. Anyway, I need to look for a replacement cap.

(I know I can swap Caps and Left CTRL..)

Let me use it for a few more days and then I'll write an impression of the fabled 55g.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 February 2014, 08:38:22 by Belfong »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1496 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 08:39:41 »
Got my FC660C about a couple of weeks ago, I'd thought I'd posted a pic of it here, guess it was in another forum....pic here together with its Cherry sibling, FC660M Cherry Clear.
Show Image

Check this set that may fit the Leo 660M

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1497 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 10:31:28 »
Just realize that the RF 87U has no volume control on the keyboard. Hmmm... I am just so used to having one. What should I do? Use some keyboard mapping stuff?

Offline avtar

« Reply #1498 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 10:44:18 »
Just realize that the RF 87U has no volume control on the keyboard. Hmmm... I am just so used to having one. What should I do? Use some keyboard mapping stuff?

Yeah use any key mapping software and perhaps set mute, volume decrease, increase to F10, F11, and F12.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1499 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 11:13:06 »
already posted in the bro caps sub but il ldrop this here too

been trying to find some time to take some nice pics of the whole topre collection to put up
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON