Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2624408 times)

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #1550 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 07:14:40 »
Nice, I have a similar setup. It's definitely great to not have to switch away from the HHKB layout.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1551 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 14:54:20 »
Things that happen when I'm bored~

Lighting in my room is utter sheet today so excuse the potato pics:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

So I am typing this from the Realforce 87u 55g weighted keyboard. I thought it appropriate for you to hear about this first, since both of the Topre keyboards I now own are ones you had recommended to me. I am thinking about doing a written review of this keyboard when I have had it comparing it to the Leopold fc660c because they do feel really different from each other for only being 10g's different in weighting. I will be honest when I first opened the box I was pleasantly surprised with how it looked aesthetically in person over how it looked in the pictures. I did not like how it felt when I first typed on for the first few minutes I felt so disappointed with it. I let it ride though remembering when I first typed on the Leopold fc660c and how long it took to get use to that switch keyboard. I am typing fairly well on it considering that it is a big difference in weighting and I happen to like the fact that I am surprisingly accurate with this keyboard so fast for not typing on a 80% keyboard in the past 2 and half months.  I will be posting some pictures of the two keyboards together when I get a chance to take some...and I will keep you updated on how I am doing typing on the differences. Thanks for all the feedback concerning the two keyboards.

You are lucky, Travellerr for improve accuracy in typing. Me, on the other hand, typing on RF is a lot of \\\\\\\\ - ha ha.  I think you know what I mean.

I think it has something to do with I am not yet as fast and do not know if I ever will be because my finger strength is not quite there yet...being spoiled by the butter smoothness of the Leopold fc660c has it's downsides as well I suppose...kind of...nah not really. I happen to love the difference and will be using the RF as much as possible just to break it in and see how it feels because even now it feels more natural then it did a little while ago today. I absolutely love the keycaps in contrast to the rest of the keyboard even to the blue leds... Also I will be putting some photos tomorrow of the two side by side and then some more exclusive ones of the RF soloing it. I am a happy camper but I wish the HHKB pro 2 had different weighting than just the 45g uniform because I would totally of bought one just to have the layout and aesthetics of that keyboard and it's caps.

Heyo!!! Glad to see you finally got your 55g!!! Get used to it, and you'll never need to buy another keyboard ever again... unless you want to mod a HHKB into 55g... I like my RF55g as is, and it'll stay that way. Glad to see that you're being open-minded and giving it time. Trust me, I felt the same way when I first got it, and I was feeling very disappointed (as you can probably see from my past posts, if you can find it), but here I am... absolutely loving this thing. Your fingers will most likely get used to the stiffness by the end of this week, and you'll learn how to type on it by the end of the second week :)

Regarding the accuracy, I believe it's because with Topre switches, once your finger has actually started pressing it, there's no turning back and the key switch has been registered as the rubber cup caves and finger falls through. Cherry switches on the other hand, I've found that sometimes I don't fully depress the switch, even though it felt like I've pressed the button, and I'll miss a keystroke... maybe I'm just crazy...

Took the yellow caps out on the bottom row because it seemed cluttered; looks better this way~

Show Image

Concerning the cherry mechanical keyboard comparison of accuracy I can definitely agree on the miss key pressed because of believing that you had registered the key switch. I feel as though I definitely do not do that at all with the Topre switches precisely because of the fact once you get through the resistance at the top of the press you register your key. This makes it easier for me at least to know when I have actually pressed the key past the actuation point which is another thing I like about Topre switches. So far it is hard to tell which I like better between the Leopold fc660c and the Realforce 87u 55g keyboard, but I will say I do not think I can say that I like the Realforce 87u 55g any less than the Leo and that is saying something coming from me. I have stated after giving my Leopold a chance back a few months ago, I absolutely fell in love with, and the fact that it was a compact minimal keyboard is just a different experience all around(which I happen to totally love). Well for me the Realforce 87u 55g is the tenkeyless version of that love, it is my ebony beauty(mistress) so far I think that I will keep on enjoying the difference from the Leo and that when it starts to loosen up a bit I think it will be even more enjoyable in a way. I will be taking some photos of the keyboard today and posting them in this thread eventually this night, and I say eventually because I just got back from a long day at my **** job and am figuring out what minimal case I will be buying to replace my other pc case( need easy cable management and nice design) you have any suggestions friend?
Leopold FC660C- Realforce 87u 55g- QFR mx Blues

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #1552 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:25:11 »
Dat iPhone photography.

Blanks supplied by jalaj and o2dazone. Thanks guys!

EDIT: Saw I put wrong profile on FN lol

Fixed:
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:34:47 by Rewind »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1553 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 17:21:03 »
Dat iPhone photography.

Show Image

Fixed:
Show Image

Any pics of the other end of the keyboard? :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #1554 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 18:26:46 »
Dat iPhone photography.

Show Image

Fixed:
Show Image

Once again, sorry for iPhone quality and ****ty lighting :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1555 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 18:29:38 »
Dat iPhone photography.

Show Image

Fixed:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks ;D

I thought that was a yellow on the Esc ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #1556 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 18:32:51 »
Dat iPhone photography.

Show Image

Fixed:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks ;D

Yellow, pink and orange is one of my favorite color schemes  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1557 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 18:35:04 »
Dat iPhone photography.

Show Image

Fixed:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks ;D

All resplendent on a toxic green sheet!

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #1558 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 18:36:05 »
Dat iPhone photography.

Show Image

Fixed:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks ;D

All resplendent on a toxic green sheet!

Prepared my bed for toxic set  :))

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1559 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 20:16:45 »
Very very nice boards here, tempts me to give the HHKB another try.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1560 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 15:08:29 »
So I wrote a little while back that I got the Realforce 87u 55g and so far I am pretty much In love with both keyboard choices I ended up going with. I am very satisfied with the 87u that I purchased during Elitekey's sale.
56552-0

Do not mind the tape on the space bar I did a lousy job in haste. I absolutely am recommending either one of these to any keyboard enthusiast that has yet to try them and or is on the fence about the purchase. Because I was on the fence about each purchase I made, and I have been so happy with the decision to buy both times.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 March 2014, 15:11:16 by Travellerr »

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #1561 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 15:15:53 »
Wow so many new converts.

That new price point....
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1562 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:07:07 »
Teaser photo, I took a bunch.  :cool:

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1563 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:25:16 »

That new price point....

To 55g RF or to just Topre keyboards in general? I have had the Leopold for a little bit that one is not the new one, but it is a great keyboard. The 55g is definitely different from what I believed it was going to be, but it a nice difference. I am still typing on it have been for the past 5 days straight, and I am going to be doing so until I feel as though I am completely comfortable with this key switch and it's heavier weighting. I definitely love the feeling though, and the quality of build is exceptional.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #1564 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:30:58 »

Show Image

HEY!  nice pic.  What the heck is that orange Fn key on the top keyboard?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

So I am typing this from the Realforce 87u 55g weighted keyboard. I thought it appropriate for you to hear about this first, since both of the Topre keyboards I now own are ones you had recommended to me. I am thinking about doing a written review of this keyboard when I have had it comparing it to the Leopold fc660c because they do feel really different from each other for only being 10g's different in weighting. I will be honest when I first opened the box I was pleasantly surprised with how it looked aesthetically in person over how it looked in the pictures. I did not like how it felt when I first typed on for the first few minutes I felt so disappointed with it. I let it ride though remembering when I first typed on the Leopold fc660c and how long it took to get use to that switch keyboard. I am typing fairly well on it considering that it is a big difference in weighting and I happen to like the fact that I am surprisingly accurate with this keyboard so fast for not typing on a 80% keyboard in the past 2 and half months.  I will be posting some pictures of the two keyboards together when I get a chance to take some...and I will keep you updated on how I am doing typing on the differences. Thanks for all the feedback concerning the two keyboards.

You are lucky, Travellerr for improve accuracy in typing. Me, on the other hand, typing on RF is a lot of \\\\\\\\ - ha ha.  I think you know what I mean.

I think it has something to do with I am not yet as fast and do not know if I ever will be because my finger strength is not quite there yet...being spoiled by the butter smoothness of the Leopold fc660c has it's downsides as well I suppose...kind of...nah not really. I happen to love the difference and will be using the RF as much as possible just to break it in and see how it feels because even now it feels more natural then it did a little while ago today. I absolutely love the keycaps in contrast to the rest of the keyboard even to the blue leds... Also I will be putting some photos tomorrow of the two side by side and then some more exclusive ones of the RF soloing it. I am a happy camper but I wish the HHKB pro 2 had different weighting than just the 45g uniform because I would totally of bought one just to have the layout and aesthetics of that keyboard and it's caps.

Heyo!!! Glad to see you finally got your 55g!!! Get used to it, and you'll never need to buy another keyboard ever again... unless you want to mod a HHKB into 55g... I like my RF55g as is, and it'll stay that way. Glad to see that you're being open-minded and giving it time. Trust me, I felt the same way when I first got it, and I was feeling very disappointed (as you can probably see from my past posts, if you can find it), but here I am... absolutely loving this thing. Your fingers will most likely get used to the stiffness by the end of this week, and you'll learn how to type on it by the end of the second week :)

Regarding the accuracy, I believe it's because with Topre switches, once your finger has actually started pressing it, there's no turning back and the key switch has been registered as the rubber cup caves and finger falls through. Cherry switches on the other hand, I've found that sometimes I don't fully depress the switch, even though it felt like I've pressed the button, and I'll miss a keystroke... maybe I'm just crazy...

Took the yellow caps out on the bottom row because it seemed cluttered; looks better this way~

Show Image

Concerning the cherry mechanical keyboard comparison of accuracy I can definitely agree on the miss key pressed because of believing that you had registered the key switch. I feel as though I definitely do not do that at all with the Topre switches precisely because of the fact once you get through the resistance at the top of the press you register your key. This makes it easier for me at least to know when I have actually pressed the key past the actuation point which is another thing I like about Topre switches. So far it is hard to tell which I like better between the Leopold fc660c and the Realforce 87u 55g keyboard, but I will say I do not think I can say that I like the Realforce 87u 55g any less than the Leo and that is saying something coming from me. I have stated after giving my Leopold a chance back a few months ago, I absolutely fell in love with, and the fact that it was a compact minimal keyboard is just a different experience all around(which I happen to totally love). Well for me the Realforce 87u 55g is the tenkeyless version of that love, it is my ebony beauty(mistress) so far I think that I will keep on enjoying the difference from the Leo and that when it starts to loosen up a bit I think it will be even more enjoyable in a way. I will be taking some photos of the keyboard today and posting them in this thread eventually this night, and I say eventually because I just got back from a long day at my **** job and am figuring out what minimal case I will be buying to replace my other pc case( need easy cable management and nice design) you have any suggestions friend?

Well, this is totally not the right place to ask a question about a new computer case, but, I just went through a very exhaustive search for a new case, and the best thing that I came up with for under $150 is the Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 (DS-5).  If you want a great balance of minimalist design, versatile size, variable configuration options, bottom mounted PSU with fan sucking up cold air from below, built-in fan controller, and great cable management, then this is your case.  The best part however, is that it is sound-insulated.  It is really a great, great case.  I have not found a "perfect" case yet, but this is pretty close.  It is heavy, because it's made from steel and plastic, but that helps dampen sound vibrations.  I cannot emphasize enough that this case is extremely quiet.  If you prize quiet, then this case is for you.  If you want a smaller case, get the Nanoxia DS-4, however, it is only 200mm wide, and cable management is not as great, since there is less space behind the mobo.  I bought and returned a rather large number of cases in my recent search, and the Nanoxia DS-5 is much better (in terms of quietude and options) than any of the current Fractal cases, any Coolermaster case, and any of the Lian Li cases under $200.  You really have to spend much more money to get a better case than this, and even then it won't be quieter. 

I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1565 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:33:20 »

Show Image

HEY!  nice pic.  What the heck is that orange Fn key on the top keyboard?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Well, this is totally not the right place to ask a question about a new computer case, but, I just went through a very exhaustive search for a new case, and the best thing that I came up with for under $150 is the Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 (DS-5).  If you want a great balance of minimalist design, versatile size, variable configuration options, bottom mounted PSU with fan sucking up cold air from below, built-in fan controller, and great cable management, then this is your case.  The best part however, is that it is sound-insulated.  It is really a great, great case.  I have not found a "perfect" case yet, but this is pretty close.  It is heavy, because it's made from steel and plastic, but that helps dampen sound vibrations.  I cannot emphasize enough that this case is extremely quiet.  If you prize quiet, then this case is for you.  If you want a smaller case, get the Nanoxia DS-4, however, it is only 200mm wide, and cable management is not as great, since there is less space behind the mobo.  I bought and returned a rather large number of cases in my recent search, and the Nanoxia DS-5 is much better (in terms of quietude and options) than any of the current Fractal cases, any Coolermaster case, and any of the Lian Li cases under $200.  You really have to spend much more money to get a better case than this, and even then it won't be quieter.

Thanks! :D Its the Orange Crush FN by Binge.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1566 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:39:12 »

Now just have to dental band and lube the sliders. Tomorrow probably..  :cool:

Offline avtar

« Reply #1567 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:45:15 »
Show Image

Hot stuff!

Offline Slowdiving

« Reply #1568 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 17:04:58 »

Show Image

Black + purp is a nice combo.  Looking good

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1569 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 17:55:34 »

Show Image

I really like the blank Leopold fc660c I really wish I just waiting for a couple more months before buying one, but whatever then I would  probably not have the RF 55g uniform weighted king. It feels really nice and have convinced a buddy of mine to try one out, and who knows maybe he will join the  light side of the force.( or the dark depending on your funds to do so, lol)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1570 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 18:50:00 »
Nothing great. Just a printed Esc amongst the blanks. Typically it would be reversed ie blank Esc in a printed board.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1571 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 18:56:24 »

That new price point....

Church of Topre is growing.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1572 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 18:57:42 »

That new price point....

Sub-Church of HHKB too!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1573 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 18:58:33 »

That new price point....

Sub-Church of HHKB too!

HHKB isn't a sub-church. We're the Illuminati/Skull & Bones of the keyboard world.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #1574 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 00:44:25 »

That new price point....

Sub-Church of HHKB too!

HHKB isn't a sub-church. We're the Illuminati/Skull & Bones of the keyboard world.

Yes!  >:D

Offline morpheus

« Reply #1575 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 00:54:06 »
Show Image

Does dental band/lubing make that much of a difference with the FC660C? I might end up doing it to mine later, but I need more information.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1576 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 02:59:04 »
It just occur to me that I could put Kirkle bro onto the Num Lock in the RF 87 and since the Num Lock has a blue LED, it would be beautiful - giving Kirkle its natural blue glow. Anyone tried that before? I will have to hook that up when I am home tonight!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1577 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 03:05:38 »
Nothing great. Just a printed Esc amongst the blanks. Typically it would be reversed ie blank Esc in a printed board.
Show Image

Looking great, Belfong!  :thumb:

Show Image

Purple with black is so beautiful.  And those blank + legend combos you made up look really good too.

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1578 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 08:38:05 »
It just occur to me that I could put Kirkle bro onto the Num Lock in the RF 87 and since the Num Lock has a blue LED, it would be beautiful - giving Kirkle its natural blue glow. Anyone tried that before? I will have to hook that up when I am home tonight!

That actually really sounds like a cool idea, and I bet it would look awesome, you going to post the pic if you end up going through with it?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1579 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 09:30:19 »
Well... Voila:

It only lit 50% of Kirkle. I'm not so sure if it's nice.

Why is Steel still seemed taller?

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1580 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 09:33:33 »
Trans GID Bros need LED lights to grow and flourish!  But yeah, not sure about that partial light, haha.  Better than nothing I guess. :)
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1581 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 09:54:59 »
Well... Voila:
Show Image

It only lit 50% of Kirkle. I'm not so sure if it's nice.

Show Image

Show Image

Why is Steel still seemed taller?

Show Image

I absolutely love it man, and it looks pretty amazing for such a simple mod. That is something about keyboards that I absolutely love how a small mod such as putting one key cap on a keyboard makes such a nice difference. I actually want to do something different with my Realforce 87u 55g keyboard. I wanted to ask do you know where the best place or who is the best person to get the custom caps for something like what you did on geekhack?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1582 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 09:56:43 »
Best place would be Classifieds in Geekhack Forum. Best person - well, check the vendor forums especially Bro Caps if you like these little robot guy.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1583 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 11:00:20 »
Best place would be Classifieds in Geekhack Forum. Best person - well, check the vendor forums especially Bro Caps if you like these little robot guy.

Thanks for the write back, and yeah i do like the brobot caps. I will definitely check out the classifieds, and I have searched through the classifieds before for custom key caps for topre keyboards, and have found some here and there. I will keep looking and hopefully find something. Thanks for the heads up

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #1584 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 12:18:49 »

You don't need 60 posts to respond to ads do you? For instance, if I wanted to respond to a WTS and buy from OP?
ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #1585 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 12:21:47 »

You don't need 60 posts to respond to ads do you? For instance, if I wanted to respond to a WTS and buy from OP?
You don't.

I've bought way too many things before hitting 60 posts.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1586 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 17:01:45 »

"I dont pop molly i rock Real Force"

i need to learn how to take pictures, all these buttons must do something

sell out and eat ass

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1587 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 17:03:53 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Purple Modifiers!!!!!!!!!!! Those are amazing dude! Good job :D

New shot I took of mine..

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1588 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 17:21:39 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks dude! It was a PITA, finally put a pink set of realforce to good use haha. I have been drooling over your skeletor, but i knew there was no way i was pulling that from your grasp :D.
sell out and eat ass

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1589 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 17:33:14 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks dude! It was a PITA, finally put a pink set of realforce to good use haha. I have been drooling over your skeletor, but i knew there was no way i was pulling that from your grasp :D.

Yes those purple mods are beautiful.  Did you dye pink ones to make those?

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #1590 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 02:44:35 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Those turned out gret man! Did you use RIT dye? What colour?
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1591 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 08:21:04 »
Quote from: kelske
Those turned out gret man! Did you use RIT dye? What colour?

Quote from: naasfu

Yes those purple mods are beautiful.  Did you dye pink ones to make those?

thanks dudes! yes i dyed them from a Pink Realforce set no RIT dye though. Im happy with how they turned out. They look satin in person, and kept the same texture as the rest of the set  ;D gonna do some toxic colors later this week  :thumb:
sell out and eat ass

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1592 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 08:32:56 »
I don't get it. You dye the caps. It looked nice but I wonder whether does it feel different? Sticky perhaps?

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1593 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 08:44:42 »
I don't get it. You dye the caps. It looked nice but I wonder whether does it feel different? Sticky perhaps?

the texture feels the same as the rest of the set, no stickiness what so ever. Couple things i did notice is the mods feel lighter than my HHKB grey/black mods. However this is my first realforce set so i dont know if thats how they naturally come. Also the dyed caps seem to show finger prints in photos but not to the naked eye. However when i wipe the caps off with a towel they disappear. Wierd  :-\
sell out and eat ass

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1594 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 08:59:38 »
That's a killer purple, dude! I didn't even realized you dyed them – I assumed there must be a RF purple set I hadn't ever seen :P

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1595 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 09:27:28 »

Show Image

What is that purple ring at the top of the stem?

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1596 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 09:44:28 »
Its a purple stem from the variable silenced.
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline drinkbleach

« Reply #1597 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 17:13:20 »
Just got my 660c with blank keycaps

I put a piece of black masking tape on the space bar, in hopes to protects it from shine and gives an added textured feel. Easy to put on, easy to take off  :thumb:

I also remapped the 'Insert' to windows key and dip switched the bottom left windows key to the FN key.

Love the smooth action of topre. The board up-stroke is a little "clacky" . Will be trying silent mod later this week.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 March 2014, 20:18:33 by drinkbleach »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1598 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 17:40:48 »
Just got my 660c with blank keycaps

Show Image

I put a piece of black masking tape on the space bar, in hopes to protects it from shine and gives an added textured feel. Easy to put on, easy to take off  :thumb:

I also remapped the 'Insert' to windows key and dip switched the bottom right windows key to the FN key.

Love the smooth action of topre. The board up-stroke is a little "clacky" . Will be trying silent mod later this week.

Isn't it an awesome board?! I suggest lube and dental band it stat! I was so annoyed w the high pitch but luckily I silenced it my 2nd day w it ;)

Offline drinkbleach

« Reply #1599 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 19:23:22 »

Isn't it an awesome board?! I suggest lube and dental band it stat! I was so annoyed w the high pitch but luckily I silenced it my 2nd day w it ;)

I love the compactness of the 660c, it has everything I need including the arrow cluster. I don't even miss the F keys at all (except when i'm waiting for that darn toxic GB to start).

I did notice there is some sound variance; the number row has less of an upstroke clack that the home row? Will need to investigate once i open her up.

Now, I find myself wanting to try other topre boards for some reason .... like a HHKB or realforce but i dont think my wallet can handle another topre  :(  I wish there was keyboard rental shop "ClackBusters"

I am actually going to try the Punch out rubber silent mod o2dazone did : http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40582

I am oneness with the cup rubber !!!