Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2624371 times)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #6950 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 17:02:21 »
Two Novatouches and a Realforce as well
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Black on black is my favourite combination... Maybe I'll throw my money into the Topre game after I make my endgame MX board.

Offline garfi3ld

« Reply #6951 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 17:10:33 »
Two Novatouches and a Realforce as well
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Black on black is my favourite combination... Maybe I'll throw my money into the Topre game after I make my endgame MX board.

I love the way it looks but I never use it because I like to be able to see the legends. Waiting on sliders to come in to change that up. Would love to get an orange set of realforce caps but I'm never willing to spend the money when I find them.

Offline Connly33

« Reply #6952 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 17:19:00 »
All of these topre boards are making me jealous. Im dreaming of a black HHKB pro 2 with grey keycaps and lime green modifiers.

Custom 60% with Cherry MX Clear

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6953 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 17:27:44 »
All of these topre boards are making me jealous. Im dreaming of a black HHKB pro 2 with grey keycaps and lime green modifiers.

TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Connly33

« Reply #6954 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 17:31:50 »

Show Image

Soon..... Just need to clean out my electronics closet and see what i can put up on ebay.... or get another part time job :p

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6955 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 17:54:21 »

Those lime green modifiers might be hard to come by.

Offline Connly33

« Reply #6956 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 18:33:49 »

I know i wouldn't be able to do all the modifiers, at least with what's available now. All i've seen for lime green topre modifiers are a couple sets from elitekeyboards. Even if i could just have a green left shift and a green return i'd be happy with the amount of contrast.

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #6957 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 18:42:43 »

I know i wouldn't be able to do all the modifiers, at least with what's available now. All i've seen for lime green topre modifiers are a couple sets from elitekeyboards. Even if i could just have a green left shift and a green return i'd be happy with the amount of contrast.

Or, you know, you could just...

Photo by Bro:

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #6958 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 18:45:06 »

Photo by Bro:
Show Image

so awesome

this set doesn't have the 1.75u right shift, but I think I've seen other RF sets have them does anyone know where those come from?

Offline btctopre

« Reply #6959 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 18:48:19 »
this set doesn't have the 1.75u right shift, but I think I've seen other RF sets have them does anyone know where those come from?
Mine came from JIS layout Realforces.

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #6960 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 18:48:25 »

Photo by Bro:
Show Image

so awesome

I mean, it would pretty much require you to purchase another set (or have a kind person part it out of their own set for you).

Edit: Or that ^

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #6961 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 18:50:47 »

Photo by Bro:
Show Image

so awesome

I mean, it would pretty much require you to purchase another set (or have a kind person part it out of their own set for you).

Rf sets don't come with the correct profile cap for the right shift. Many people use the 1.75 CTRL/caps lock extra cap the set comes with. Profiles don't match, but it works.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #6962 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 18:53:04 »
Mine came from JIS layout Realforces.

oh I see. but because the JIS layout has a funky ISO-like enter, you'd really need the ANSI+JIS layout huh?

Offline btctopre

« Reply #6963 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 18:55:44 »
oh I see. but because the JIS layout has a funky ISO-like enter, you'd really need the ANSI+JIS layout huh?
yep, it takes three keyboards (ansi realforce, jis realforce, ansi hhkb) to make one hhkb with realforce keycaps. i don't think the cost is justifiable for most sane individuals, but i wouldn't consider myself sane  :rolleyes:

Offline Connly33

« Reply #6964 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 18:56:21 »

Photo by Bro:
Show Image

I love it, but personally id want all the alpha keys in grey :p

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #6965 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 19:02:18 »
yep, it takes three keyboards (ansi realforce, jis realforce, ansi hhkb) to make one hhkb with realforce keycaps. i don't think the cost is justifiable for most sane individuals, but i wouldn't consider myself sane  :rolleyes:

wow. while the price is pretty scary on its own, I'd be very worried about the rarity of the RF sets too

praying to matt3o to coerce Topre into making us coloured RF sets with HHKb support  :'(

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #6966 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 19:16:36 »

Photo by Bro:
Show Image

so awesome

Rf sets don't come with the correct profile cap for the right shift. Many people use the 1.75 CTRL/caps lock extra cap the set comes with. Profiles don't match, but it works.

True, but they're windowed.  :-X

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #6967 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 20:32:18 »
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #6968 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 20:52:59 »
Show Image

Which board is the one towards the back? The Pro 2 looks like a classic timeless piece... like a Rolex or Breitling...  :thumb:
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #6969 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 20:54:06 »
Show Image

Which board is the one towards the back? The Pro 2 looks like a classic timeless piece... like a Rolex or Breitling...  :thumb:

a Fujitsu dome original HHKB. He may have just snuck in to this thread  :-X

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #6970 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 20:54:43 »
Show Image

a Fujitsu dome original HHKB. He may have just snuck in to this thread  :-X

sssshhhhhh.. Don't tell anyone >.>    <.<

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6971 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 20:57:10 »
Show Image

The space bar on the black one looks a bit suspicious :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #6972 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 20:57:37 »
Show Image

flipped bars are best bars :DDD

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6973 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 21:07:18 »

:blank:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #6974 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 21:38:42 »

Actually, you are both right.

The spacebars on my travel HHKBs are flipped, because i don't carry a wrist rest around and I find it more comfortable, yet not really all that attractive.

The spacebars on my home HHKBs are regular, because they look better and i use a wrist rest.

Doing things like this prevents me from ever resting my thumbs on a sharp edge  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6975 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 23:26:41 »

The spacebars on my travel HHKBs are flipped, because i don't carry a wrist rest around and I find it more comfortable, yet not really all that attractive.

The spacebars on my home HHKBs are regular, because they look better and i use a wrist rest.

Doing things like this prevents me from ever resting my thumbs on a sharp edge  :thumb:

I am yet to understand what people mean by a "sharp edge" on a keycap (space bar in particular).

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6976 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 23:29:18 »

I am yet to understand what people mean by a "sharp edge" on a keycap (space bar in particular).

their fingers are weak. just like their bloodline.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #6977 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 23:34:49 »

My bloodline is from the south, weak and not something I'm proud of. You'd have to ask my guitars or the mrs about my fingers though  :))

Offline neverused

« Reply #6978 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 23:40:27 »

My bloodline is from the south, weak and not something I'm proud of. You'd have to ask my guitars or the mrs about my fingers though  :))

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #6979 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:22:26 »
Finally got my camera and took some pics of the HHKB today :D These pictures are nothing compared to what is already on here. Any tips or criticisms are welcome!

IMGP0301 by Carlitos Fernandez, on Flickr

IMGP0160 by Carlitos Fernandez, on Flickr

I do realize the lighting could be a lot better. I need to build a cheap-o light box soon! These pictures were taken in the first like 4 hours of having my camera.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6980 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:23:01 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:33:37 by alienman82 »

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6981 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:24:27 »

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #6982 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:31:02 »
Finally got my camera and took some pics of the HHKB today :D These pictures are nothing compared to what is already on here. Any tips or criticisms are welcome!

Show Image

Show Image

I do realize the lighting could be a lot better. I need to build a cheap-o light box soon! These pictures were taken in the first like 4 hours of having my camera.

I'm a dog person..................................

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6983 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:31:46 »
Show Image

Hung I just did happy pants.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6984 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:32:00 »

Show Image

Show Image

See. Cats make you do crazy **** like ruin your boards by flipping their spacebar.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #6985 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:33:26 »

Show Image

Show Image

See. Cats make you do crazy **** like ruin your boards by flipping their spacebar.

If only I had MX sliders for SA profile caps. Can't have a flipped spacebar with those :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6986 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:34:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

Not to mention that cats vomit on keyboards.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6987 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:34:38 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:33:21 by alienman82 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6988 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:35:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

If only I had MX sliders for SA profile caps. Can't have a flipped spacebar with those :D

Dear hhkb gods.. don't you defile the great hhkb with mx sliders and horrible SA.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #6989 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:36:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

Dear hhkb gods.. don't you defile the great hhkb with mx sliders and horrible SA.

Yes Lord demik..

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6990 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:37:13 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:33:14 by alienman82 »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #6991 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:41:25 »

disgusting.

Offline DaveW

• zer0knowledge
« Reply #6992 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 08:10:51 »

Like this:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6993 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 22:20:45 »

Like this:

Show Image

That is one literal interpretation of my comment, but very few people have blades on their keycaps.

New idea for a keycap: razor sharp blade sticking out the top!

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6994 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 22:21:50 »
how much weight does the spring add to the space bar?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6995 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 22:22:21 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:30:50 by alienman82 »

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6996 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 22:23:06 »
5g from ripster nickel weight science

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #6997 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 23:00:36 »

yeah, approx 5g. last time I put a RF together that was for parts, I intentionally left out the springs in a large segment of the keyboard, specifically to see how it felt or if i could tell a difference. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have been able to tell in a blind test, but kept telling myself I could feel a slight difference on my board.

I remember a few weeks back on reddit someone posted how they had done a 55g swap and swapped springs, with the 55g feeling so much better  ^-^ ooops

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #6998 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 23:20:28 »

yeah, approx 5g. last time I put a RF together that was for parts, I intentionally left out the springs in a large segment of the keyboard, specifically to see how it felt or if i could tell a difference. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have been able to tell in a blind test, but kept telling myself I could feel a slight difference on my board.

I remember a few weeks back on reddit someone posted how they had done a 55g swap and swapped springs, with the 55g feeling so much better  ^-^ ooops

I wonder how a 45g conical spring switch (no dome) would feel

perhaps linear with increasing resistance

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #6999 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 02:19:26 »
55g Realforce, purple stock-silenced sliders, Digilog case https://www.instagram.com/p/BALdSeZnGXk/