Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2624498 times)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #7050 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 16:39:46 »
Show Image

Show Image

More
to the exclusive club :3

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #7051 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 16:51:05 »
My drivers. Work and Home. Made some blanks for go with my 90N1NE cables.

More

Offline btctopre

« Reply #7052 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 16:51:05 »
Show Image

Show Image

BROTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #7053 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 20:10:10 »
Show Image

Show Image

So much want for the sliders...
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #7054 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 20:11:37 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Congrats, you got color matching skills!

Offline raymogi

« Reply #7055 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 20:28:41 »
Show Image

Show Image

I'm about to mod mine with purple sliders too. So the enter and left shift has to be left untouched?

I forgot what the sliders look like on a RF board.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #7056 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 20:34:33 »
I'm about to mod mine with purple sliders too. So the enter and left shift has to be left untouched?

Yeah, unless you want to drastically reduce travel distance. IIRC the housing is taller/slider base thicker/ring thicker for the stabilized keys on the silenced RF, so transplanting the slider/ring over chops off like 25% of the travel distance in a HHKB.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #7057 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 20:40:40 »

Yeah, unless you want to drastically reduce travel distance. IIRC the housing is taller/slider base thicker/ring thicker for the stabilized keys on the silenced RF, so transplanting the slider/ring over chops off like 25% of the travel distance in a HHKB.
I see. I wonder if I leave the Hypersphere rings on those 2 key, will the height difference be noticeable?

Offline btctopre

« Reply #7058 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 21:07:38 »
I see. I wonder if I leave the Hypersphere rings on those 2 key, will the height difference be noticeable?
not sure if there are any other people out there have both purple sliders/rings and hyperspheres (no point in getting them once you go purple), so i think you'll have to be the beta tester on that. i'd imagine it's not incredibly noticeable since neither is really a "typed" key that is used in high frequency, but who knows how well the ring alone will dampen the sound of those keys.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7059 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 21:12:49 »
This is a Topre keyboard

CMBruce by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

Offline btctopre

« Reply #7060 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 21:16:03 »
This is a Topre keyboard
That's debatable.

What's not debatable is how insanely awesome that combination is though. Booper going HAM with all the new designs.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7061 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 21:21:43 »
This is a Topre keyboard
That's debatable.

What's not debatable is how insanely awesome that combination is though. Booper going HAM with all the new designs.

PCB says Topre, breh.  :P

And hell yeah, CMBruce turned out amazing.  I can't take any of the actual credit for the cap (I only chose the exact colors on the KeyWok not pictured here), but I did politely request a CMYP theme.  ;)  Booper does some nice work.  :D

Offline raymogi

« Reply #7062 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 21:59:29 »
This is a Topre keyboard

Show Image

That's it, I'm getting a Novatouch just because. I don't know why that 1 particular board always stuck in my head, I know I just gotta have it. Have too many keysets around so might as well put them to use.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #7063 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 22:32:18 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The clear heat-shrink on that cable is dope.

Just saying...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7064 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 22:36:41 »
This is a Topre keyboard

Show Image

That's it, I'm getting a Novatouch just because. I don't know why that 1 particular board always stuck in my head, I know I just gotta have it. Have too many keysets around so might as well put them to use.

Hahaha.  :P  If you can handle the stabilizer rattle, it's really a solid board.  It is 45g, which is not my favorite, but the sliders make up for it.  ;)

Offline raymogi

« Reply #7065 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 22:38:17 »
This is a Topre keyboard

Show Image

Hahaha.  :P  If you can handle the stabilizer rattle, it's really a solid board.  It is 45g, which is not my favorite, but the sliders make up for it.  ;)

Is it really that bad? I'm planning to put silencing rings and lube them.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7066 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 22:41:21 »
This is a Topre keyboard

Show Image

Ehhhh...it's certainly there.  I am able to tune it out and not let it bother me, but I can certainly see why it bothers others to the point that they dislike the board.  :-/  If you watch some videos of it in action it should give you a decent idea of the sounds it makes.  And I think (but don't quote me) that some users have "silenced" the stabilizers in some way.

And it's not the stems that rattle, it is the stabilizer bars.  So I think (and again, cannot back this up, but it seems a reasonable assumption) that silencing the rest of the board will only serve to accentuate the rattle that is present on the stabilizers. 

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #7067 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 23:11:52 »
This is a Topre keyboard

Show Image

Ehhhh...it's certainly there.  I am able to tune it out and not let it bother me, but I can certainly see why it bothers others to the point that they dislike the board.  :-/  If you watch some videos of it in action it should give you a decent idea of the sounds it makes.  And I think (but don't quote me) that some users have "silenced" the stabilizers in some way.

And it's not the stems that rattle, it is the stabilizer bars.  So I think (and again, cannot back this up, but it seems a reasonable assumption) that silencing the rest of the board will only serve to accentuate the rattle that is present on the stabilizers.

Yeah, the NT is great for the price, but to be on par with any other Topre board, work must be done to it. Silencing and lubing is a must. The stabilizers to rattle, but i cut some EK pads in half, glues them to the top of the larger key stabs, which also helped a good bit.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline raymogi

« Reply #7068 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 23:13:46 »
Yeah, the NT is great for the price, but to be on par with any other Topre board, work must be done to it. Silencing and lubing is a must. The stabilizers to rattle, but i cut some EK pads in half, glues them to the top of the larger key stabs, which also helped a good bit.

I'm thinking of doing some ghetto fix like I did on my SSK. Fixed the bars rattling by placing some tapes over the part that connects to the board.

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #7069 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 05:31:53 »
This is a Topre keyboard

Show Image

Maybe because its still early, but I'm failing to visualize this. Do you happen to have a photo?

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #7070 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 05:36:46 »
Also, potato:

I have an artisan or two I can use in place of the capslock/control keycap, but I'm hoping to find a decent cherry profile ABS key for that spot right now. I should see if anybody wants to sell me a pair of regular 1.25 modifiers from their POM set as I dislike those sunk windows keys.

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline raymogi

« Reply #7071 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 06:09:21 »
Done with this board :)

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #7072 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 06:11:05 »

Show Image

b-but it's got no caps  :(

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #7073 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 06:11:05 »

Show Image

Looking good!

Offline DaveW

• zer0knowledge
« Reply #7074 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 12:37:59 »
Pretty boring photo but it shows a nice front after I managed to repair the broken middle tab. The epoxy wouldn't hold the two pieces together by themselves so I cannibalized a couple slivers of plastic off an old Logitech G15 to help bond the tab pieces.

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #7075 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 12:51:48 »

Show Image

How does it feel compared to stock stems?
More

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #7076 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 12:59:27 »
Show Image

Show Image

Beautiful.

Dumb question.. Is a HHKB Type-S equivalent to a regular HHKB with silenced Realforce sliders in it like yours?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #7077 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 13:40:14 »
Show Image

Show Image

Beautiful.

Dumb question.. Is a HHKB Type-S equivalent to a regular HHKB with silenced Realforce sliders in it like yours?

They are equivalent as in they are both silenced hhkbs, however some people prefer the purple slider method of silencing over the type-s method of silencing, as I believe they have a slightly longer slider to adjust for the silencing ring.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #7078 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 13:49:36 »
They are equivalent as in they are both silenced hhkbs, however some people prefer the purple slider method of silencing over the type-s method of silencing, as I believe they have a slightly longer slider to adjust for the silencing ring.
Ah, this is what I was wondering. So the Type-S sliders are not longer like the silenced Realforce ones are?
github

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #7079 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 13:52:00 »

Has anyone verified this? I've heard this before, but haven't ever actually seen any comparison shots or precise measurements. (Not necessarily doubting it, just curious.)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #7080 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 13:54:41 »
Ah, this is what I was wondering. So the Type-S sliders are not longer like the silenced Realforce ones are?

Very slightly, yes. I measured a while ago, i'll see if i cant dig up the photos

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #7081 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 13:57:02 »

Has anyone verified this? I've heard this before, but haven't ever actually seen any comparison shots or precise measurements. (Not necessarily doubting it, just curious.)

There were some photos floating around before that compared the two.  The purple slider is the same size as the black ones, but the barrel has the appearance of being longer due to its thinner base.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #7082 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 14:00:52 »
Crosspost from what I got mailed today. :)

Just got my JT keycaps and love em!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #7083 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 14:03:05 »

There were some photos floating around before that compared the two.  The purple slider is the same size as the black ones, but the barrel has the appearance of being longer due to its thinner base.

You sure? I had them out and measured before, pretty positive i remember the purple being longer. If i don't find the pics ill just take apart a few topre boards later and verify. Could be remembering wrong.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #7084 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 14:08:26 »

You sure? I had them out and measured before, pretty positive i remember the purple being longer. If i don't find the pics ill just take apart a few topre boards later and verify. Could be remembering wrong.

I am pretty sure.  I did not measure them, but based on pics I have seen of them compared to each other they are the same.  Ill see if i can find the images.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #7085 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 14:14:48 »
purple is a hair longer and the base is a hair thinner. i don't know how it compares to the hhkb type-s slider, i've always just assumed based off of pfu's specs that the hhkb type-s slider is the same as the stock.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #7086 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 14:30:37 »
Show Image

its funny seeing these mods, they have gone through so many hands haha
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #7087 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 14:30:54 »
purple is a hair longer and the base is a hair thinner. i don't know how it compares to the hhkb type-s slider, i've always just assumed based off of pfu's specs that the hhkb type-s slider is the same as the stock.

I just pulled them out, and you are correct. But you already knew that.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #7088 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 14:32:40 »
So the Type-S sliders are identical to regular HHKB sliders?

Why the hell did I pay the extra $40 for a Type-S then? :blank:
github

Offline joey

« Reply #7089 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 14:34:20 »
I also thought the type-s sliders were longer to compensate for the silencing..

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #7090 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 14:38:46 »

I dont have one to compare directly, but am going off of other peoples words and info online.  The type-s uses the same sliders as other stock topre boards.  It just has the silencing pad in addition.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #7091 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 14:41:51 »

well, it'd cost about the same for hypersphere rings for the same effect, but you don't get the sweet Type S logo with those (though you can buy some type-s/colored hhkb logo stickers from korea i think), so it's not a bad buy if you only pay $40 more. the issue has always been that EK charges like $100 more for the Type-S, which is total horse****.

here's the pfu specsheet for reference. the missing 0.2mm implies the sliders are the same to me, but maybe that same amount of travel distance is lost on the longer purple sliders too and it's just so negligible that you don't notice it.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #7092 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 15:32:34 »

well, it'd cost about the same for hypersphere rings for the same effect, but you don't get the sweet Type S logo with those (though you can buy some type-s/colored hhkb logo stickers from korea i think), so it's not a bad buy if you only pay $40 more. the issue has always been that EK charges like $100 more for the Type-S, which is total horse****.

here's the pfu specsheet for reference. the missing 0.2mm implies the sliders are the same to me, but maybe that same amount of travel distance is lost on the longer purple sliders too and it's just so negligible that you don't notice it.
Show Image

If anyone wants to send me a purple slider I can compare with my type-s  ;)

Show Image

its funny seeing these mods, they have gone through so many hands haha

haha, after I found out you no longer had them, I had to track them down! They are great, especially with a pink blank set. :p

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #7093 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 16:58:17 »
I will try to solve this tonight and pull out a Type S, Standard, and Silenced Purple slider from a RF later on after work. Might as well pull out a RK and NT slider while im at it, just because.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #7094 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 20:03:51 »
Topre Dreams

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #7095 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 20:09:48 »
Topre Dreams

Show Image

If the Mods were dark grey, like the Leopold from the White 660C, this would be my dream Topre board. basically, R5

Offline raymogi

« Reply #7096 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 20:13:24 »
It's only been a day but I can definitely feel that little difference the purple sliders make compared to when I was using stock slider + hyper's rings.

I was on that setup for the longest time so when I installed the purples yesterday I can tell the difference straight away. The board does feel a bit more tactile now and I like it even more.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #7097 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 20:15:23 »
Keeping this one stock, so I can change it up.

It's only been a day but I can definitely feel that little difference the purple sliders make compared to when I was using stock slider + hyper's rings.

I was on that setup for the longest time so when I installed the purples yesterday I can tell the difference straight away. The board does feel a bit more tactile now and I like it even more.

I have not tried any other method of silencing, but I do think that these sliders don't take anything away from the feel. 

Offline raymogi

« Reply #7098 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 20:18:19 »
I have not tried any other method of silencing, but I do think that these sliders don't take anything away from the feel.

Yea I'm glad I gave this method a go. Was super lazy changing things up again but I figured why not give it a go since I already have the donor board ready.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #7099 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 20:22:59 »

I actually prefer hypers rings. I've had issues with the purple sliders feeling a bit inconsistent. In the end the differences are there, but definitely nuances