Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2624769 times)

Offline nocturalowl

Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #7750 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 07:50:51 »
A friend (nocturalowl) just started casting keycaps, he sent me some of the prototype
really good for a first timer!

Can't wait for his final product and release :D this one is marbled blue GID

Show Image

Marbled Mods by Hanshen, on Flickr

Show Image

Marbled Mods 2 by Hanshen, on Flickr

Show Image

Marbled Mods 3 by Hanshen, on Flickr

Show Image

Mod GID by Hanshen, on Flickr

Show Image

Mod GID 2 by Hanshen, on Flickr

Woaah, your final pics are awesome brader :-*
My amateur casted caps look good on yours, thanks a lot  :thumb:

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #7751 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 08:15:00 »
A friend (nocturalowl) just started casting keycaps, he sent me some of the prototype

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I need it.

I don't need it.

I NEED IT.   :-*

Offline toxicdrift

« Reply #7752 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 08:55:35 »
Realforce 87U

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #7753 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 11:28:07 »

These look like they took a strong design/concept cue from KK's topre GID mods:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDjVKnGQOiW/

While imitation is the highest form of flattery, I hope you and kudos & koala talked it out!  :blank:

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #7754 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 11:30:57 »

While imitation is the highest form of flattery, I hope you and kudos & koala talked it out!  :blank:

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here: So no one can do GID and/or mod sets without KeyKollectiv's approval?

I love KeyKollectiv's stuff as much as the next person, but I see nothing here that indicates he took their work.

Also, he did a spacebar as well, which KeyKollectiv hasn't done yet.

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #7755 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 11:45:44 »

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here: So no one can do GID and/or mod sets without KeyKollectiv's approval?

I love KeyKollectiv's stuff as much as the next person, but I see nothing here that indicates he took their work.

Also, he did a spacebar as well, which KeyKollectiv hasn't done yet.

Our post on March 29th - https://www.instagram.com/p/BDjVKnGQOiW/?taken-by=keykollectiv

His post a week ago - https://www.instagram.com/p/BD5oJ6pocNe/?taken-by=rian_hbij

Look in comments here:

134914-0

Don't get me wrong. Anyone is entitled to make whatever they want. Hell, given the ordeal of running a mod sale, I wish him the best of luck  :thumb:

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #7756 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 11:46:44 »
 :confused:
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 April 2016, 11:51:30 by dgneo »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #7757 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 11:57:01 »

I don't give a ****. Why the hell would they need to talk to kudos about making mods? That is trash. Did kudos get permission from the people who made those tacky GID posters in the 70s and 80s? Did they get permission from the people who created keyboards to make modifiers? Did they get permission from Topre for stem use? GTFO with that bull****. All my questions are as dumb as your suggestion that they should have "talked it out" even if the guy doing the new ones gave a nod to KK.

We've been over this a million times. Colorways are NOT intellectual property whether it be SP or artisans. GID is a colorway. Did you ***** when bro made a GID after cc? Or was it the other way around? Wait! Who gives a **** who did it first?

A detailed sculpt is something completely different. Literally casting a bbv2 and selling it as your own is different.

Making your own molds of a STANDARD keycap profile and just making them colorful is NOT EVEN CLOSE to a questionable offense.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #7758 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 12:10:22 »

I don't give a ****. Why the hell would they need to talk to kudos about making mods? That is trash. Did kudos get permission from the people who made those tacky GID posters in the 70s and 80s? Did they get permission from the people who created keyboards to make modifiers? Did they get permission from Topre for stem use? GTFO with that bull****. All my questions are as dumb as your suggestion that they should have "talked it out" even if the guy doing the new ones gave a nod to KK.

We've been over this a million times. Colorways are NOT intellectual property whether it be SP or artisans. GID is a colorway. Did you ***** when bro made a GID after cc? Or was it the other way around? Wait! Who gives a **** who did it first?

A detailed sculpt is something completely different. Literally casting a bbv2 and selling it as your own is different.

Making your own molds of a STANDARD keycap profile and just making them colorful is NOT EVEN CLOSE to a questionable offense.

You're absolutely right. I want to emphasize that I was *****ing to Retro about this prior to her posting. If anything, I take full responsibility for the post.

Before going any further, I want to say that I absolutely agree that no one owns the right to a colorway. There is no legal precedence (that I know of) so I don't have a leg to stand on in that argument. Furthermore, it's not an argument I'm making.

If I wanted to release a new GMK keyset with Hyperfuse colors, I'm sure people would be up in arms about it. If I were to release blanks with Candy-corn colorways, it wouldn't be defined as "stealing" but I'm sure it would rub some people the wrong way.

For me, the timing and prior acknowledgement is a bit unsettling. That's it. If, at any point, he decides to sell them, I sincerely wish him the best of luck. It's, by no means, a fun endeavor.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7759 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 12:15:11 »
Post hhkb so we can all be happy again
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7760 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 12:16:40 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:29:22 by alienman82 »

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #7761 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 12:21:20 »

You're absolutely right. I want to emphasize that I was *****ing to Retro about this prior to her posting. If anything, I take full responsibility for the post.

Before going any further, I want to say that I absolutely agree that no one owns the right to a colorway. There is no legal precedence (that I know of) so I don't have a leg to stand on in that argument. Furthermore, it's not an argument I'm making.

If I wanted to release a new GMK keyset with Hyperfuse colors, I'm sure people would be up in arms about it. If I were to release blanks with Candy-corn colorways, it wouldn't be defined as "stealing" but I'm sure it would rub some people the wrong way.

For me, the timing and prior acknowledgement is a bit unsettling. That's it. If, at any point, he decides to sell them, I sincerely wish him the best of luck. It's, by no means, a fun endeavor.

Handled graciously like a champ, as usual.

demique, here booo
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #7762 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 12:30:08 »
Now those are two classy looking HHKB. Simple and clean with a bit of pop color.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7763 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 12:35:09 »
Thank you. Let's leave the arguing to the cherry peasants.  They don't know any better than to be savages.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #7764 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 12:51:01 »
Threads like these are fun to watch.
Biking is fun.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #7765 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 12:51:13 »

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #7766 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 12:51:47 »

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #7767 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 12:53:16 »
Show Image

Everytime you post this, i get green with envy.

Probably my favorite HHKB floating around.  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #7768 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 19:15:46 »
thread unlocked again so I can post this now

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7769 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 04:03:53 »
thread unlocked again so I can post this now

Show Image

<3

Offline rurushu

« Reply #7770 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 10:11:01 »
Soon I will join you all! :)

Is standard black HHKB allowed here though? Because then... it won't be so soon after all.

I acquired my Type-S a few weeks ago in a trade... and now I have two while my MX boards are making their way to new homes :D

How you like that Type-S? Worth teh moneyz?

If I were in the position to purchase it brand new, I would likely opt for the regular HHKB and maybe silence it with dental bands. In my opinion, I think the regular HHKB "feels" slightly better to type on. In addition, I like the sound of the regular variant more.

That being said, I take my Type-S with me to work and occasionally bring in the regular HHKB due to the noise.

Is the Type-S really more quiet? Or do you think it is negligible?
It's quite a bit quieter, the most drastic change is the spacebar.

how's the spacebar? is it better or worst? I mean comparing stock HHKB and Type-S

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hi nocturalowl! our countries are neighbours!  ;D

Is standard black HHKB allowed here though? Because then... it won't be so soon after all.

how many HHKB you going to get???  :eek:

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7771 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:40:14 »

Sorry, I was super excited about it then. I got it and that's finally over.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline rurushu

« Reply #7772 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:41:42 »

err... that means?

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7773 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:43:16 »

err... that means?

mmm, one? Just sorry if I've been spamming. That's all. Or I didn't get the question.

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline rurushu

« Reply #7774 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:46:04 »

err... that means?

mmm, one? Just sorry if I've been spamming. That's all. Or I didn't get the question.

OuO From your original post you sounded like you getting >1 unit of HHKB, that is why I wondered  ;D

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7775 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:57:25 »

err... that means?

OuO From your original post you sounded like you getting >1 unit of HHKB, that is why I wondered  ;D

No no, one is already enough for me. :) To keep thread on track - I'll be making a photo session with my HHKB tomorrow once I get the family's DSLR.

Offline rurushu

« Reply #7776 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:58:31 »

err... that means?

No no, one is already enough for me. :) To keep thread on track - I'll be making a photo session with my HHKB tomorrow once I get the family's DSLR.
Waiting your photos!!!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #7778 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 14:45:55 »

Oyes... pics. much pics. High quality pics. mmmm... Are you gonna postedit as well?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7779 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 14:48:09 »

Oyes... pics. much pics. High quality pics. mmmm... Are you gonna postedit as well?
Tomorrow dude! Didn't have time today and want to use natural lighting. But will definitely xpost them around a few threads.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7780 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 07:41:35 »
By popular demand I finally made some photos and will now post them here. I'm a amateur and have little experience when it comes to photo editing so this is the best I could do (for now). And I want to say sorry about the dusty HHKB in some pictures, I couldn't find a brush at first.

Session #1:

Session #2:

P.S. I bought it slightly used so I don't know why the left front corner on the keyboard is a bit shiny. Find it weird though.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 April 2016, 08:13:03 by funderburker »

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7781 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 08:12:19 »
By popular demand I finally made some photos and will now post them here. I'm a amateur and have little experience when it comes to photo editing so this is the best I could do (for now). And I want to say sorry about the dusty HHKB in some pictures, I couldn't find a brush at first.

Session #1:
Show Image

Show Image

Session #2:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

P.S. I bought it slightly used so I don't why the left front corner on the keyboard is a bit shiny. Find it weird though.

Now you just need to spruce that baby up with a colorful fn key OuO

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7782 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 08:14:48 »

Session #1:
Show Image

Show Image

Session #2:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

P.S. I bought it slightly used so I don't why the left front corner on the keyboard is a bit shiny. Find it weird though.

Now you just need to spruce that baby up with a colorful fn key OuO

Will do beehatch, will do. Got lucky this week with widdlekitty and Bros 420 sales. So I've got some artisans coming my way already! :)

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7783 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 16:03:30 »

demik's ghetto board

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #7784 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 17:10:16 »
Show Image

demik's ghetto board

Never thought I'd see an MX slider on his board. But the Keyng does look good!

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7785 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 17:12:50 »
Show Image

demik's ghetto board

OuO

I wasn't supposed to show it to the world!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to clean all the geekhacker love crumbs and hairs out of it for him. Everything so sparkleh clean, lubed, and ready to go (✿◠‿◠)

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #7786 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 18:38:31 »
Show Image

demik's ghetto board

OuO

I wasn't supposed to show it to the world!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to clean all the geekhacker love crumbs and hairs out of it for him. Everything so sparkleh clean, lubed, and ready to go (✿◠‿◠)

Looks like the color matches the ash gray of the Topre keys really well too :thumb:

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #7787 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 22:20:47 »

Can't believe I have never posted in this thread (must be a new thread  :) ).

« Last Edit: Sun, 24 April 2016, 22:26:35 by reaper »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #7788 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 01:07:19 »
Look great reaper. I love all three for different reasons!

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #7789 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 01:08:27 »
Look great reaper. I love all three for different reasons!

Thanks!  :)
Din Eli

Offline Belfong

« Reply #7790 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 01:48:03 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

beautiful green blanks. You must be a 'old' enthusiast! been a while since I see a complete green blanks! Thanks for the photo.

and a Tri-skull, omg! dream key there!  :thumb:

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7791 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 02:09:14 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Been searching for some photos of a black HHKB with white printed keys. I'll stick to black printed ones for now. But you have an amazing collection, both keyboards and caps alike. :)

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #7792 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 02:12:10 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh wow that OG! super nice collection

Offline bianco

« Reply #7793 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 05:55:33 »
back with topre

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #7794 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 06:41:10 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

beautiful green blanks. You must be a 'old' enthusiast! been a while since I see a complete green blanks! Thanks for the photo.

and a Tri-skull, omg! dream key there!  :thumb:
thx for knocking the dust off those beauties reaper xD
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #7795 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 08:28:26 »

Quote from: Belfong
and a Tri-skull, omg! dream key there!

Yes, I am old. :)  And thanks for the comments.  :)

Quote from: funderburker
Been searching for some photos of a black HHKB with white printed keys. I'll stick to black printed ones for now. But you have an amazing collection, both keyboards and caps alike.

Thanks and I have more pics of different colors combo.  Let me know.  :)

Quote from: atlas3686
Oh wow that OG! super nice collection

Thanks!  :)

Quote from: ApocalypseMaow
thx for knocking the dust off those beauties reaper xD

Anytime.  :)
Din Eli

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #7796 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 14:15:15 »
Show Image