Author Topic: [GB] DCS Incognito (Formerly GMK Incognito) | Sept 18 - Oct 16  (Read 25221 times)

Offline candy800419

Re: [GB] DCS Incognito (Formerly GMK Incognito) | Sept 18 - Oct 16
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 20:57:46 »
nice! really like this color theme!

Offline linell

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 21:08:35 »
unfortunately the GB has been cancelled cos lack of interest
wanted to try out DCS and loved the set
rest in pepperoni

Is this true? I was planning to join eventually. Don't care about ph novelties etc. but really liked the colorway. Unfortunate if it is actually cancelled.
yep here's a screenshot of the email sent https://i.imgur.com/Rb4tFQ3.png
(my brain too small to understand the attach image thing)
bro this a **** set, just be thankful you even getting 1 base running fr

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
    • https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 21:23:11 »
rest in pepperoni

Is this true? I was planning to join eventually. Don't care about ph novelties etc. but really liked the colorway. Unfortunate if it is actually cancelled.

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. That is unfortunate :/

Offline Kashmir54

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 08 October 2021, 08:46:38 »
What a shame. Loved this set, the idea and the color way... Also the deskmat was one of the most originals and minimal i've seen, looked forward to have it.
I don't know why people keep standing to GMK really... I received 2 GKM set this year and they look awful, no quality control, plastic leftovers... they look worse than 20$ Aliexpress keycaps I bought.
Sorry to all m8s in this GB  :'(

Offline Ravenhar

• Merely an observer
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 08 October 2021, 09:24:22 »
This is definitely a shame. Looking forward to rerun of this, I'll be able to afford a lot more then too hopefully. Was hoping for a cable this time around as I missed the IC and most of the GB time too. Will for sure keep an eye on it though, this colourway even without the PH keys is :thumb: .

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 08 October 2021, 15:48:32 »
Super odd that it was cancelled before the run finished. I feel like a lot of people wait until the last week to join. Smells like something more was going on IMO
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 08 October 2021, 20:43:52 »
This is exactly the reason you shouldn't wait till the last minute if you were considering joining.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 09 October 2021, 14:31:46 »
This is exactly the reason you shouldn't wait till the last minute if you were considering joining.

But why not wait until the run was scheduled to finish? Seems a little odd that they would give folks a firm deadline, but cancel mid run. No harm in waiting until the end of the scheduled window as far as I can see. You'll be refunding folks regardless
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 09 October 2021, 23:25:38 »
rest in pepperoni

If you still just want to try out DCS, pimp my keyboard stocks a few different sets. I just ordered a white on black set recently to try out.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 09 October 2021, 23:57:57 »

But why not wait until the run was scheduled to finish? Seems a little odd that they would give folks a firm deadline, but cancel mid run. No harm in waiting until the end of the scheduled window as far as I can see. You'll be refunding folks regardless

In 2018-2019 handarbeit, GMK forge (the original red and black version), coniferous, and then high voltage ran for a month and got canceled as they didn’t make it.

2019 as things got busier, Sparta, Forge (orange), Rocket, Matcha Mocha, retrowave, GMK Poker (lol) and recently pepperoni and incognito and others all were canceled before the month was up and some within a few days only. Less people to refund, less losses w credit cards / PayPal on refunding (either the vendor or the buyer is losing a fee here, this isn’t "no harm"), less ad space, less social media work for promotion, less people clamoring for a set or child kit to be bought out when the set won’t hit high MOQ and sell extras well which can turn a considerable profit. Around this time the day 1 bonuses began to happen in an effort to buff early numbers: GMK Honey alt alphas were ~3$ off on day 1, drop has taken nearly 10$ on several sets, bushido’s descendant Honor was 5$ off, others had deskmat deals. Mekibo recently had a buy 2 kits early on get 5$ off to help child kits to MOQ. These make the dvorcol graphs look successful and seem to bolster confidence in buyers and possibly to vendors.

It’s been recommended on mechgroupbuys for a year plus on sets of possible borderline interest that those really into it buy early. For Novelkeys set of the month it matters less, but for Kono’s 4th offering that month or the like it makes a difference.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 10 October 2021, 12:22:07 »

In 2018-2019 handarbeit, GMK forge (the original red and black version), coniferous, and then high voltage ran for a month and got canceled as they didn’t make it.

2019 as things got busier, Sparta, Forge (orange), Rocket, Matcha Mocha, retrowave, GMK Poker (lol) and recently pepperoni and incognito and others all were canceled before the month was up and some within a few days only. Less people to refund, less losses w credit cards / PayPal on refunding (either the vendor or the buyer is losing a fee here, this isn’t "no harm"), less ad space, less social media work for promotion, less people clamoring for a set or child kit to be bought out when the set won’t hit high MOQ and sell extras well which can turn a considerable profit. Around this time the day 1 bonuses began to happen in an effort to buff early numbers: GMK Honey alt alphas were ~3$ off on day 1, drop has taken nearly 10$ on several sets, bushido’s descendant Honor was 5$ off, others had deskmat deals. Mekibo recently had a buy 2 kits early on get 5$ off to help child kits to MOQ. These make the dvorcol graphs look successful and seem to bolster confidence in buyers and possibly to vendors.

It’s been recommended on mechgroupbuys for a year plus on sets of possible borderline interest that those really into it buy early. For Novelkeys set of the month it matters less, but for Kono’s 4th offering that month or the like it makes a difference.

seconded, and to add:

it hasn't happened in a while, but it used to be fairly commonplace for GBs to get cancelled for lack of interest. i remember when people used to coordinate so that there weren't 2 gbs in a month so that both had a chance of making MOQ.

if you want something, buy it when you see it. the difference between a GB and a preorder is that a GB is not guaranteed

the first week is typically when people order. sometimes the numbers are misleading at the end because sometimes extras are included. extras are really expensive, and can eat a bunch of margin from the GB. vendors are businesses as well as community members, so it gets weird.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 10 October 2021, 12:33:20 »
actually, the reforged GB just had fatboycarney post that the molten alt alphas is in "buy now or we're gonna cancel' phase. perhaps that's the best thing designers and vendors can do - if you're not at...15%? or whatever of MOQ by day ~4, post that you need interest shown or risk the buy being cancelled instead of having it just disappear.

Offline bball2

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 11:07:35 »
Is this still running? Looks like it's showing as sold out (or page removed) on a bunch of the different sites.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 16:52:09 »
Is this still running? Looks like it's showing as sold out (or page removed) on a bunch of the different sites.

DCS Incognito is canceled

Images courtesy of previous posts:
rest in pepperoni

What a shame. Loved this set, the idea and the color way... Also the deskmat was one of the most originals and minimal i've seen, looked forward to have it.
I don't know why people keep standing to GMK really... I received 2 GKM set this year and they look awful, no quality control, plastic leftovers... they look worse than 20$ Aliexpress keycaps I bought.
Sorry to all m8s in this GB  :'(
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 October 2021, 16:59:39 by dvorcol »

Offline bball2

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 18:04:21 »
Ahh shoot, thanks for the info!

Offline JackPikatea

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 14:53:05 »
Any chance this set gets switched back to GMK?