Author Topic: [IC] GMK Jelly Delights | GB is Live !  (Read 42720 times)

Offline kaysoo1337

[IC] GMK Jelly Delights | GB is Live !
« on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 10:15:06 »

Mod Edit: Please note that the original designer of this set, kozify, has been banned for a variety of reasons, and kaysoo is continuing the IC process for him. If this set does reach GB phase, kaysoo will be permitted to "run" the set in place of kozify (fulfillment will be completed by vendors). This same notice will also appear in the GB thread to alert any potential buyers to the situation.

GB: April 22nd

I'm(Kaysoo) a friend of the designer and me as another designer do not have any guilt on his mistakes and i don't really want to discuss them much Thats the only truth behind all the mess created here
All the responses were managed by him because i really have no power to tell something besides things he wants me to tell.This IC from the start is his idea and his belonging

I(Kaysoo) just want to help

VENDORS

US: Kono Store
Canada: Deskhero
Europe: CandyKeys
Asia: ThicThock
Oceania: DailyClack
UK: Proto[Typist]
China: zFrontier

COLLABS

ZeusWorks
LuxeCables
Hiidenkivi Design
GSK
Win Keys
Asero Foundry
Landcaps

PRICING
Base  USD $144.99
Alt Mods  USD $89.99
Novelties  USD $49.99
Spacebars  USD $29.99

My name is Kozify and i am here to present you GMK Jelly Delights, this set is inspired by some of my favourite jellies that im literally eating right now, i really hope you like the concept!
Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your time, attention, and feedback.

IC FORM

KITS

RENDERS

Alice-like-case by KraizesGB

Isometria by ebastler

Gemini by Hexgears

Keystone by Input Club

DESKMATS

If you would like to support this set, paste this link into your profile signature!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110737.0][img width=400 height=200]https://imgur.com/bfzjcHd.gif[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Thu, 22 April 2021, 03:39:47 by kaysoo1337 »

Offline kaysoo1337

Re: [IC] GMK Jelly Delights | REPOSTED
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 10:18:38 »
From now on i will continue to manage this IC ,althought Kozify continues the design
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 February 2021, 05:53:33 by kaysoo1337 »

Offline Xanira

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 10:27:41 »
 :blank:

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 11:02:01 »
Why was it reposted? I still think it's a softer GMK Darling, and it does not give me vibes of jelly.

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 11:11:09 »
Why was it reposted? I still think it's a softer GMK Darling, and it does not give me vibes of jelly.
Kozify got his geekhack acc in trouble and this is why he is now banned...
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2021, 11:49:10 by kaysoo1337 »

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 11:13:07 »
the jelly Kozify originaly reffered to are those frui-tellas and the set really describes them well , in my opinion
Thanks for the feedback !

Offline ZeusCables

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 11:28:20 »
Cool!

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 11:32:55 »
Cool!

;D happy to see your comment , waiting for the collab ! :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2021, 11:50:31 by kaysoo1337 »

Offline CardinalityTV

• CardinalDesign Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 17:05:37 »
Why was the creator's account banned? Not a good look for someone running their first keyset IC honestly.

Reposting my last comment because it's in the now-deleted thread:

The colourscheme is nice. The novelties, in their current form, do not look like they are GMK-spec. I also think that they're quite uninspired and don't really have any consistency between each design. Just looking now, there's multiple line thicknesses and overall each icon doesn't really fit well together in the set. Last thread I suggested maybe revising the novelties to be a little more consistent and to make sure they fit GMK spec, I got a response saying "they were revised" but the icons remain the same.

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 20:00:57 »
Why was the creator's account banned? Not a good look for someone running their first keyset IC honestly.

The colourscheme is nice. The novelties, in their current form, do not look like they are GMK-spec. I also think that they're quite uninspired and don't really have any consistency between each design. Just looking now, there's multiple line thicknesses and overall each icon doesn't really fit well together in the set. Last thread I suggested maybe revising the novelties to be a little more consistent and to make sure they fit GMK spec, I got a response saying "they were revised" but the icons remain the same.

Adding on to this, the artisans seem unrealistic in the sense that they are odd shapes and seem impossible to manufacture. Also, (according to Kozify's reply last time I commented on his post) renders aren't color matched, and group buy is only 2 months away. This IC still needs a lot of work IMO, between novelties, deskmats, renders, kitting, and artisans I all personally think need revision.

Offline Ram

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 20:08:44 »
I'd also like to know the manufacturing method being used for the artisans, because it could only be 2 out of the many I can think of and out of those 2 only 1 is financially feasible

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 20:21:34 »
Not to be just jumping on a bandwagon, but I would also like to know about whole creator getting banned thing. Not the greatest look for a first IC, and if it was just something innocent like not enough posts then whatever. But I think communication is key here. Also, the renders look a little too damp and flat. Which is probably contributing to the colors looking off, but GLWIC!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 02:41:05 »

We are looking forward in making every detail better , right now we wait for the details from gmk in order to achive the best we can ! Thanks for the feedback , there is space to make it better...

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 02:47:46 »
Not to be just jumping on a bandwagon, but I would also like to know about whole creator getting banned thing. Not the greatest look for a first IC, and if it was just something innocent like not enough posts then whatever. But I think communication is key here. Also, the renders look a little too damp and flat. Which is probably contributing to the colors looking off, but GLWIC!
it was a pretty innocent and kinda stupid, Talking to him he said he preffers to not talk about it...

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 02:59:12 »

i agree that there is work to be done ! Thanks for the feedback ,we will do our best to make it happen

Adding on to this, the artisans seem unrealistic in the sense that they are odd shapes and seem impossible to manufacture. Also, (according to Kozify's reply last time I commented on his post) renders aren't color matched, and group buy is only 2 months away. This IC still needs a lot of work IMO, between novelties, deskmats, renders, kitting, and artisans I all personally think need revision.

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 05:55:03 »

Newest update:
2/25/2021 Added more keyboard renders (RAMA U-80A ;Isometria ;Dalco 959 by Hand Engineering)

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 07:45:04 »
isnt this borderline ban evading

Offline shenshendei

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 08:15:01 »
I would also like to know about why the creator was banned on his first IC. It would be good to let everyone know, so people won't start baseless speculation about this issue.
Besides that, I would also like to address his crediting. He has credited me on helping him on questions he had, which I am sure I have not. I would appreciate if you could help me bring this up to him and fix that part, thank you.

Offline Pelicram

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 08:25:00 »

I'd also like to know the manufacturing method being used for the artisans, because it could only be 2 out of the many I can think of and out of those 2 only 1 is financially feasible

3d-printed in resin and hand painted.

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 08:37:30 »
I just find it odd that he gets banned, tells you that he doesn't want to talk about it, and then asks you to post the IC..... also how is that artisan even possible. Overall, the IC does feel a bit rushed.

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 09:10:12 »
I just find it odd that he gets banned, tells you that he doesn't want to talk about it, and then asks you to post the IC..... also how is that artisan even possible. Overall, the IC does feel a bit rushed.
Just wanted to help him to make the set possible , this ban really won't affect the set's design...If he decides to tell you guys anything i'll update you as fast as i can !!

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 09:11:12 »
I would also like to know about why the creator was banned on his first IC. It would be good to let everyone know, so people won't start baseless speculation about this issue.
Besides that, I would also like to address his crediting. He has credited me on helping him on questions he had, which I am sure I have not. I would appreciate if you could help me bring this up to him and fix that part, thank you.
Yeah for sure i'll ask him about this , thanks for pointing this out

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 09:14:14 »
isnt this borderline ban evading
i messaged the moderator , as long as nobody has troubles with this IC beeing managed by me, we see no problems continuing the design !
Also there should be no problem in me running his IC because as i know his IC isn't the matter of ban...
If any moderator contacts me we'll take actions , Thanks for sharing your thoughts
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 February 2021, 09:17:26 by kaysoo1337 »

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 09:32:45 »
Juicy

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 09:34:26 »

Online bagelbyte

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 18:34:46 »
Well I'm looking forward to putting this set on my keyboard, so hopefully any issues that are out there get ironed out. Love the colors

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 00:48:15 »
Well I'm looking forward to putting this set on my keyboard, so hopefully any issues that are out there get ironed out. Love the colors
Of course the designer looks forward making the set as perfect as it could be , nice to see your feedback !

Offline Ram

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 21:41:51 »
it was a pretty innocent and kinda stupid, Talking to him he said he preffers to not talk about it...

Well I can't really trust any products outputted by someone who has had their acc banned, especially if they won't say why.

Offline Ram

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 21:42:40 »

:thumb: What I had hoped for!
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 February 2021, 13:31:00 by Ram »

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 12:14:09 »

:thumb: What I had hoped for!

Pelicram mentioned the way the artisans are going to be created , in fact Kozify colaborates with him to create them )
About the ban , im going to post smth he told me to post in some minutes

Offline kaysoo1337

Re: [IC] GMK Jelly Delights
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 13:22:58 »
Reason of ban is in IC

Offline Ciantha

Re: [IC] GMK Jelly Delights | Vendors and Artisans anounced
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 14:00:13 »
Really love the fact that there's base kit 40s support! But I can't quite see why the 40s keys have text backspace and text+icon enter when the other backspace and enter modifiers are icon only.
To me it seems it would probably look better if they were the same.

Offline kaysoo1337

Re: [IC] GMK Jelly Delights | Vendors and Artisans anounced
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 14:13:51 »
Really love the fact that there's base kit 40s support! But I can't quite see why the 40s keys have text backspace and text+icon enter when the other backspace and enter modifiers are icon only.
To me it seems it would probably look better if they were the same.
We really apreciate your feedback, i think this 3 keycap 40's will become a trend  :D

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 14:15:13 »

Newest update:
2/25/2021 Added more keyboard renders (RAMA U-80A ;Isometria ;Dalco 959 by Hand Engineering)

Newest update:
2/27/2021 Changed kit renders , to describe the kitting better

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 12:31:01 »

Newest update:

Newest update:
Newest update:
2/28/2021 Added more keyboard renders
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 February 2021, 12:49:57 by kaysoo1337 »

Offline blazingsun21

Re: [IC] GMK Jelly Delights | Vendors and Artisans Announced !
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 06:27:21 »
I think kitting could be looked into a lot more before rushing into a GB in late Apr/May.

Just some examples:
  • No F13
  • No R1 Del, and 2x R2 Del
  • No R1 1u Pipe key to support split backspace
  • No R3 1u Pipe key either for ISO enter
  • Instead, there's an R2 1u Pipe which I personally am not familiar enough with kitting to know what it's used for, along with the 1u R2 backspace
  • 2x R1 PgUps but no R2 or R3 PgUp eventhough there's an R3 and R4 PgDn?

Offline kaysoo1337

Re: [IC] GMK Jelly Delights | Vendors and Artisans Announced !
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 07:04:07 »
I think kitting could be looked into a lot more before rushing into a GB in late Apr/May.

Just some examples:
  • No F13
  • No R1 Del, and 2x R2 Del
  • No R1 1u Pipe key to support split backspace
  • No R3 1u Pipe key either for ISO enter
  • Instead, there's an R2 1u Pipe which I personally am not familiar enough with kitting to know what it's used for, along with the 1u R2 backspace
  • 2x R1 PgUps but no R2 or R3 PgUp eventhough there's an R3 and R4 PgDn?
Kozify is getting ready for a big update im not sure if he will cover all the things you said , but be sure it will get better  :D

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 11:05:19 »

Newest update:
2/25/2021 Added more keyboard renders (RAMA U-80A ;Isometria ;Dalco 959)

Newest update:
Newest update:
2/28/2021 Added more keyboard renders
Newest update:
3/2/2021 Revamped the whole IC : Remade all the renders for kits and keyboards
                Changed kitting considering all the feedback in the IC
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 March 2021, 12:14:46 by kaysoo1337 »

Offline Paputcher

Re: [IC] GMK Jelly Delights | HUGE UPDATE !
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 15:40:15 »
Clean  :thumb:

Offline Izeri

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 16:44:44 »
You may want to consider an extra 2.25u and 2u shift. Labels are also inconsistent.

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 20:27:23 »
Hm. Looking at your inspiration vs. your renders, your colors look quite a bit more muted and desaturated. Have you taken a real packaging and color matched it with Pantone/RAL yet?

That should definitely be your first step.

I echo what someone else said. This IC seems a bit rush and could use more work. Since you credited some folks on KCD (even though some claim they haven't helped you), it seems you're already in the Discord. I think your friend's set could benefit from more eyeballs on it.

I do like the theme though and think if you could do better color matching, it would be a nice looking set.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 March 2021, 20:30:20 by loop | esc lab »

Offline Konami_Ai

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 21:08:31 »
First off, VERY NICE on the improvements made to the kitting and renders (I see the colour-inconsistencey was corrected!). They look a lot cleaner, and while not perfect, they are certainly on the right track.

That said, I do not want to beat a dead horse, but having the creator's account banned, no explanation given, and a 3rd party acting as a middle-man for running the IC is a bit...suspicious? I don't speak for anyone but myself, but if there was a reason they were banned from GH and it wasn't a "big deal" there should be a clarifying statement made to put those of us who want to support the set's minds at ease. The evasion leads me to believe there is something more going on. :(

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 02:17:09 »
First off, VERY NICE on the improvements made to the kitting and renders (I see the colour-inconsistencey was corrected!). They look a lot cleaner, and while not perfect, they are certainly on the right track.

That said, I do not want to beat a dead horse, but having the creator's account banned, no explanation given, and a 3rd party acting as a middle-man for running the IC is a bit...suspicious? I don't speak for anyone but myself, but if there was a reason they were banned from GH and it wasn't a "big deal" there should be a clarifying statement made to put those of us who want to support the set's minds at ease. The evasion leads me to believe there is something more going on. :(
This si the ban that Kozify got on his GH , Thanks a lot for the feedback you posted :thumb:. The ban thing won't affect the set quality wise...

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 10:28:52 »
Hm. Looking at your inspiration vs. your renders, your colors look quite a bit more muted and desaturated. Have you taken a real packaging and color matched it with Pantone/RAL yet?

That should definitely be your first step.

I echo what someone else said. This IC seems a bit rush and could use more work. Since you credited some folks on KCD (even though some claim they haven't helped you), it seems you're already in the Discord. I think your friend's set could benefit from more eyeballs on it.

I do like the theme though and think if you could do better color matching, it would be a nice looking set.
Thanks for your develped feedback , an update about the color matching and other stuff is coming !

Offline Shiba1337

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 12:02:36 »

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 14:50:37 »
Using stock images for novelties, nice:

https://paintingvalley.com/strawberry-outline-drawing#strawberry-outline-drawing-8.png

https://www.freepik.com/free-icon/jelly-beans_877066.htm

But hey, at least you modified them a bit!

Many designers inspire from smth and there is no shame in it
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 March 2021, 14:53:13 by kaysoo1337 »

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 15:24:39 »

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 15:33:02 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

There are more examples out there... ;D, no need to start an argue guys ) , peaaace   :-*

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 15:38:13 »
Using stock images for novelties, nice:

https://paintingvalley.com/strawberry-outline-drawing#strawberry-outline-drawing-8.png

https://www.freepik.com/free-icon/jelly-beans_877066.htm

But hey, at least you modified them a bit!

Many designers inspire from smth and there is no shame in it

Cough cough
its not about inspiration, 1. its illegal without a license, and 2. read this announcement https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=111276.0

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 15:44:12 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Kaysoo is right, this is just a picture of a location that has been modified. There are thousands of images at this exact location.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 March 2021, 16:14:35 by NovaRMK »